• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knock At The Cabin (trailer) Dave Bautista , M night shyamalan

Konnor

The trailer shows too much, or is just showing the beginning of the movie, setting up the start of the plot.

Lot of people in the comments think having two dads in the movie is some sort of wokism, as if there are no real families with two dads. :messenger_unamused:

I think it's just the beginning of the movie, Shyamalan rarely spoils his movies like that.

And yeah, if it's just handled in a non-preachy "LOOK, look how progressive we are" way I'm fine with the couple, I barely even noticed that in the trailer to be honest.

plushyp

The trailer shows too much, or is just showing the beginning of the movie, setting up the start of the plot.
My assumption is that while they've wasted a twist in the trailer, what was shown was actually the first 20ish minutes of the movie and there's way more crazy stuff to come afterwards. I haven't read the book this is based on so I'm hoping that's the case.

Hugare

I looked up and its based on a book that was pretty well received

Since I love spoilers, I read about the whole story and if done right, it will be a great movie

But you know, "Old" was also based on something (comic book) and he made some serious changes to the story, so who knows

I'll watch it anyways 'cause even the worst of Shyaladong's movies are still entertaining

Last edited:

GeekyDad

I will give M. Night as many chances as it takes. It's just fun most times ridin' around in his vehicles. Sometimes it's a rough ride, and I gotta get off. But I never feel like he ever means me harm.

BTW, I feel like I could see that guy's brains when they did a rear cam shot. :messenger_open_mouth: WTF!

Last edited:

clarky

Old was absolute dumpster fire, like so bad. Where as The Happening is one of the best comedies of all time. Me and the Mrs watch it once a year at least whilst pissed. Never fails to make us laugh. Hotdogs anyone?

Always check his films out but they generally lean towards shit unfortunately.

Last edited:

clarky

I enjoyed Old actually. Didn't think it was as bad as the general reception made it out to be.
Get the fuck outta here, the dialogue was absolutely the worst thing to grace my ears since S club 7. Complete nonsense from start to finish.

Each to there own, though glad you got something out of it.

Have you seen MEN? 1000% better than 90% of shit this douche churns out, similar mystery type shit with an ending that will blow your mind.

VN1X

Get the fuck outta here, the dialogue was absolutely the worst thing to grace my ears since S club 7. Complete nonsense from start to finish.

Each to there own, though glad you got something out of it.

Have you seen MEN? 1000% better than 90% of shit this douche churns out, similar mystery type shit with an ending that will blow your mind.
I never said it was good but I know what to expect with this director now and I kind of have a soft spot for all his zany concepts.

The dialogue and accents were all over the place but it was enjoyable schlock none the less.

Jennings

Excited about the premise of the story as presented in the trailer I read and finished the book over the last day or so. Without spoiling anything, here are my thoughts:

I just wasted $5 on a bad book and regret my purchase.

Last edited:

tommib

Banned
Shyamalan shines in domestic settings. Give him a camera and a couple of corridors, and he’s like a kid building Hitchcockian tension. This looks like an extension of Servant.

I can see from the trailer that he keeps that camera elegance. Good. He knows his shit. It’s just that his constant twilight zone thing can make me roll my eyes.

He’s a genre director which is good. Not a lot left.

Top Bottom