• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leiji Matsumoto has passed away

dave_d

Damn, he and Go Nagai were my introduction to anime back in the early 80s from StarBlazers and Force Five. A definite legend. Glad I bought Harlock and Galaxy Express 999 tv series a few month back. (I've never watched either, I should start them up.)

dave_d

Damn, rip. I enjoyed Battleship Yamato animes. Havent seen the 2205 one tho.
I might as well ask anybody here. Are any of the other Yamato's worth watching? I've seen the 3 Yamato TV series(Admittedly the first 2 were as StarBlazers) But I didn't know that they had a 2520 or Yamato Zero until Cockatrice mentioned it. Any of the newer stuff any good?

dave_d

BTW FWIW On Force 5, 2 of the shows were Leiji's. Spacekeeters and Dangard Ace. (And SpaceKeeters is really journey to the west and they never showed the ending. I think I saw the ending to Dangard Ace once.)

I might as well ask anybody here. Are any of the other Yamato's worth watching? I've seen the 3 Yamato TV series(Admittedly the first 2 were as StarBlazers) But I didn't know that they had a 2520 or Yamato Zero until Cockatrice mentioned it. Any of the newer stuff any good?

Looks like theyre making a new one as well https://myanimelist.net/anime/50855/Yamato_yo_Towa_ni__Rebel_3199

If you're a fan of the series, you should prolly watch the new ones as well, I mean, why not? Looks like theyre ok, not as good the as the old ones but sci-fi opera animes are a dying breed anyway.

My respect to him, and condolences to his family.

200.gif

Top Bottom