• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Hello everyone! my first time posting in this thread (im alittle shy lol) but i wanna change that so hopefully this will help *baby steps* lol

ill fillout the ice brakers :p

Your gender?
Male
Your sexual orientation?

Gay
Where Are You From?
UK
Where Do You Live?
Stoke On Trent (i know, its a dump lol)
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Muse and raidohead but really like all types of music
Profession or Career interest?
Worked in boring admin for afew yrs till i was let go :\
Favorite video game(s)?
Final Fantasy (currenly playing 14), Souls series, MGS, Kingdom hearts anything really just not sports games lol
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
Love martial arts movies (older ones) and sci fi and movies in general, taking my dog on walks lol

Here's me so you can put a name to a face :p

Another FF14 player? Cool! What jobs?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Your gender? Duder
Your sexual orientation? Engaged homo
Where Are You From? Way, way upstate NY
Where Do You Live? Seattle
How Old Are you? 38
Favorite Type of Music? Bowie, Prince, Kate Bush, Fleetwood Mac, R.E.M, shoegaze, Japanese '70s/'80s citypop, '60s/'70s soul, dorky Windham Hill new age-y shit
Profession or Career interest? Bread baker/pastry chef
Favorite video game(s)? Blast Corps, GTA, Castlevania SotN, idk... I mostly retired after the Dreamcast.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Our dog! Going out to eat, just boring adult stuff.

1NnN5mp.jpg

Tuck

I wanted to write this in the last OT but it was close to its #demise so I'll just write this here.

My dad came into my room yesterday evening and I thought he was just coming in to yell at me about school or whatever. Which he did lmao. But then he kind of started... to stutter a little bit? Like he was really hesitant and I started feeling this rushing panic attack starting from the bottom of my heart.

So some background, I told my mom that I'm gay back in May 2015 and it... didn't go spectacularly. We haven't really talked about it since then and I basically begged her not to tell my dad because I was worried he might stop paying for my school.

Anyway, back to my panic attack. My dad was like "so i was talking to your mom.... and she told me about your preference." In that moment I stood the fuck up and was like WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS. My dad was just like boy... sit your ass down let me finish. (What he said next will melt your heart!)

He told me that he doesn't care. That he would support me no matter what I do in my personal or private life and that he'll love me no matter what type of person I am. He was just worried about my behavior for the past few years, which obviously has been changing since I realized I was gay. I don't know how to feel tbh. This is so out of left field because I was expecting the worst out of him (we're Muslim so like... I wasn't really expecting my parents to get it). And I also don't have a very strong relationship with him to begin with. So I don't know what to think. Relief I guess? It could have gone a lot worse than this so I'm a bit thankful for that.

I'm just kind of in a state of shock right now I didn't expect this. I'm rethinking his role in my life now because before I didn't want him as a part of my future but now... idk.
Oh wow that's great! Really pleasant surprise, I'm sure.

Nice when people surprise you like that.

An indoor trampoline place sounds like the best date ever.

Bonus points if y'all hook up on a trampoline

hahaha would be interesting. but it's too filled with staff and kids and there's no place to hide.

i went to a friend's son's birthday party last night and i texted him where i was at. and first thing he asked was was there cake. i told him there was and he asked me to bring him some today. i was like okay. but since his birthday was last tuesday and he was sick i'm going to get him a cupcake with a candle to make up for it. and plus. no one wants a white sheet cake with some nasty ass frosting anyways. absolutely disgusting.

KmA

Thank you everyone for the kind words <3 still kind of reeling from how he said it tbh. He must have known for a long time though.

And I guess we're introducing ourselves again?

Your gender? I'm fine with being seen as a guy
Your sexual orientation? Homosexual, flamingly so
Where Are You From? MI
Where Do You Live? Close to the thumb
How Old Are you? 22
Favorite Type of Music? I'm a pop gay. Hip hop mixed with pop, R & B mixed with pop, electronic, dream, bubblegum I fucking love all of it
Profession or Career interest? I'm studying IT but right now I'm a gymnastics coach
Favorite video game(s)? Persona and zero escape series. I mostly just play jrpgs (just beat Trails of Cold Steel and am currently paying Bravely Second)
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Gymnastics, reading shit, finding the origins of memes, looking at clothes I can't afford

And here are two whole pictures of me.

Bladenic

Thank you everyone for the kind words <3 still kind of reeling from how he said it tbh. He must have known for a long time though.

And I guess we're introducing ourselves again?

Your gender? I'm fine with being seen as a guy
Your sexual orientation? Homosexual, flamingly so
Where Are You From? MI
Where Do You Live? Close to the thumb
How Old Are you? 22
Favorite Type of Music? I'm a pop gay. Hip hop mixed with pop, R & B mixed with pop, electronic, dream, bubblegum I fucking love all of it
Profession or Career interest? I'm studying IT but right now I'm a gymnastics coach
Favorite video game(s)? Persona and zero escape series. I mostly just play jrpgs (just beet Trails of Cold Steel and am currently paying Bravely Second)
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Gymnastics, reading shit, finding the origins of memes, looking at clothes I can't afford

And here are two whole pictures of me.

Trails of cold steel and you're hot

Marry me

I'm glad this experience was a positive one KmA. And wow looking great! :eek:
Edit: That Korra shirt thooooooooooo!
Hope everyone has a Great Day Today! :)
tumblr_oebv0eq3L41s3wumuo5_500.gif

Your gender? Your sexual identity? I'm a guy, also I don't know what the second part means because I'm dumb :v
Your sexual orientation? I am very gay
Where Are You From? Arizona
Where Do You Live? Arizona
How Old Are you? 19
Favorite Type of Music? Mostly pop stuff but also grunge or I don't know what the fuck it's called but it's kind of hipster punk or rock idk
Profession or Career interest? I'm a (kinda bad) student
Favorite video game(s)? umm... Smash 4, TWEWY, Final Fantasy, SMT games, Persona games, and Fire Emblem.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I love listening to music and sometimes once every blue moon I write shitty stuff, I like watching TV shows sometimes

Kater

Banned
Hello new thread.

btw, I've been meaning to revisit that giant list of films/TV some day if there is interest for it. There have been a couple of new, and interesting things, one was some artsy schmartsy thing about lesbians with some Mara sister... Just can't remember it. Something with a "C"? Hmm, nope, Nothing springs to mind.
carol-always-sunny-philadelphia-4.gif
I watched so much garbage, I have no excuse for not watching Carol. &#128542; I'll rectify that if I can find a copy of it at work, they should have at least a DVD/Blu-Ray of it.

Thank you! The lyre is an ancient stringed instrument, in this particular case she describes one from Lydia (a kingdom/region of western Anatolia). You can see her holding a lyre in the header image at the top of the OP.

Thank you! These poems are the works of Sappho, an ancient Greek poetess renowned for her love poems to both women and men. The term "Sapphic" (referring to woman-woman love, lit, etc) is named for her.

Thanks for explaining it. I kinda guessed it has to be some sort of instrument, didn't see the image at the time however.

Kater

Banned
Your gender? Your sexual identity?
Guy but never refer to myself as such if that counts. Doesn't feel right. Most often "neither" seems the appropriate answer.

Your sexual orientation?
Queer

Where Are You From?
Austria

Where Do You Live?
Austria

How Old Are you?

Favorite Type of Music?
Rock, Pop, Classic, House, Dance, Jazz, Rap & R 'n B

I'm fine with what I'm doing at the moment (cinema) but I might want to switch to a book shop in the future. Books are and will always be important to me. Also, I want to study Art.

Favorite video game(s)?
Gone Home, Fallout New Vegas, Age of Empires II, Dragon Age Origins & Inquisition, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Legend of Zelda Wind Waker (HD), Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Gothic, Life is Strange, Fire Emblem Awakening, The Longest Journey,

Art, Films, Hiking and Baking.

I'll link a photo of myself, it's a couple of months old by now but I still like it so here you go.

Edit: Sorry about the double post.

I'm building up my own esoteric system of correspondences (five Buddhist mental powers/capacities, with five khandhas, with five external senses, with five elements, with five cardinal directions, etc, etc) because I am crazy and something in my life must have made me this way.

btw Hi again lettersgaf, also hi to all the new ppl.

Dany

Banned
Your gender? Your sexual identity? Dude
Your sexual orientation? Gay
Where Are You From? Chicago, Il
GO CUBBIES <3
Where Do You Live? Seattle, Wa
Go Sounders???
How Old Are you? 24
Favorite Type of Music? EDM-POP
Profession or Career interest? Registered Nurse
Favorite video game(s)? Mass Effect Trilogy
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Running, working out, hiking, window shopping at crate and barrel, Coffee Drinking.

cPbPL5nl.jpg

Grakl

Omg time to do this again

Your gender? Your sexual identity? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay af
Where Are You From? Texas
Where Do You Live? Beautiful mAssachusetts
How Old Are you? 21
Favorite Type of Music? Hip-hop
Profession or Career interest? Analytics if u catch my drift
Favorite video game(s)? Recently would be Undertale, SFV, RIGS (PSVR)
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? School duh

KmA

He looks even better in person smdh. This is the same thing that happens when we go to bars.

*side eye emoji* I'm literally gonna slap you lmao don't make me spill the tea binch.

Also I never reject applications this girl has been trying cuff all season long and it hasn't been working so... apply away.

God I've never had a love-hate relationship with anything the way I'm having it with Bravely Default. It's so beautiful visually, musically, and with overall vibe. I also love the characters. But jesus, the backtracking in the 2nd half is making it borderline unplayable for me.

God I've never had a love-hate relationship with anything the way I'm having it with Bravely Default. It's so beautiful visually, musically, and with overall vibe. I also love the characters. But jesus, the backtracking in the 2nd half is making it borderline unplayable for me.
I have heard it said that people can consider the game over at that point and the rest is basically post game. Not sure if that is true. I got up to the shieldbearers.

I have heard it said that people can consider the game over at that point and the rest is basically post game. Not sure if that is true. I got up to the shieldbearers.

That's...actually a pretty liberating way of approaching it. Makes me feel far better about Youtubing the rest of it.

K I do this too.

Your gender? Your sexual identity? pretty boy
Your sexual orientation? dudes
Where Are You From? Sask, Canada
Where Do You Live? "
How Old Are you? 28
Favorite Type of Music? Moody drone ambient and neo/post-classical
Profession or Career interest? Buddhist clergy (interest), student (present occupation)
Favorite video game(s)? SNES, PSX, VtM:B,
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Philosophy, auto-psychoanalysis, esotericism, conversation.

berzeli

Banned
I watched so much garbage, I have no excuse for not watching Carol. &#128542; I'll rectify that if I can find a copy of it at work, they should have at least a DVD/Blu-Ray of it.
You don't, and it has (not released on blu in all countries though there are multiple releases for each territory).

Worth it just for the soundtrack.
Or just the cinematography.
Or just the acting.
Or just everything.

It's so good.

Really looking forward to Moonlight this year, well if it gets released here that is. Anyone has impressions of it?

daripad

I don't even have the game lmao. Is it great? I liked the free weekend but I was terrible at it, games in first person perspective are way too difficult for me for some reason.

I'm not gonna post much in here, but I love doing the IBBQ!

Your Gender? You're sexual identity?
Male. Idk what sexual identity means.
Your sexual orientation?
Homosexicles
Where are you from?
Ohio
Where do you live?
East Lansing, MI
How old are you?
Favorite type of music?
Eurodance, Europop, New Wave, Synthpop
Your profession/career interest?
YouTube star
Favorite video game(s)?
Metroid Prime is my all time favorite. I like mostly Nintendo non-RPG games.
What are your hobbies?
Sulking and brooding

I'm not judging this kink but please make sure there's someone who can get you down if it goes too far.

That is definitely a wise suggestion. I'm pretty confident in my sanity since I had a psychotic break from taking a massive dose of mushrooms in my early 20s, because I was able to gather up my marbles within like an hour of the comedown. But there's really no need to play with fire when it comes to stuff that can really fracture your grasp on reality.

I oversold the esotericism thing a bit, what I'm working on now is mostly based around a virtue ethic, which is about as safe as drinking water, but I'm leaving the door open to some other stuff down the line which may not be as simple to deal with. Just trying to take a modular approach that can be expanded out as-needed, who knows if I'll ever really go there, some doors may be better left unopened, but I like knowing they're there.

Bladenic

Is it unfair of me to find the fact that my parents are Trumpers (considering Pence and the Republican Party are extremely anti LGBT+) disrespectful to me? I don't wanna be selfish but like, you should care more about your son's life and how a Republican presidency might affect him.

Of course my mom still mentions me marrying women sometime. So I'm uncertain as to why I'm even mildly surprised or affected.

Is it unfair of me to find the fact that my parents are Trumpers (considering Pence and the Republican Party are extremely anti LGBT+) disrespectful to me? I don't wanna be selfish but like, you should care more about your son's life and how a Republican presidency might affect him.

Of course my mom still mentions me marrying women sometime. So I'm uncertain as to why I'm even mildly surprised or affected.
I'd be upset too, so I don't think you're being selfish.

JCX

Your gender?
male

Your sexual orientation?
gay

Where Are You From?
Michigan

Where Do You Live?
Michigan

How Old Are you?

Favorite Type of Music?
Indie Rock (Killers, Arcade Fire), Pop Queens (Bey, Gaga), Rap (Kanye, Kudi, Chance), Grimes, Empire of the Sun

Office job, but I hope to make comedy my day job

Favorite video game(s)
Smash Bros, Civ, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Mario Kart, inFamous, Starcraft

Stand Up Comedy
Karaoke
Weightlifting
Podcasts

G3PsEVZm.jpg

bdmwbCom.jpg

Meditating on dispassion (which for the sake of clarity I sometimes render as 'non-desperation') is probably actually the single most wholesome thing that a person can do.

Not unfair, no. I think it definitely is disrespectful to an extent.

But the next question might be what it is that you gain from viewing it that way?

Berordn

Oh sweet new thread.
I'll try to follow along this time maybe!

Your gender? Your sexual identity?
cis male
Your sexual orientation?
gay gay gay gay gay
Where Are You From?
Maryland, DC beltway suburbs
Where Do You Live?
Orlando, FL
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Ambient, Rock,
ska
Currently work in IT, still searching passion
Favorite video game(s)?
Kirby, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Pokemon, WoW
Been searching for one lately. Trying to get into music and photography but losing interest

Best recent photo I have is a few months old with my bff at disney where i look like a total dweeb

I made it back from Iceland and had a hell of a time making it back to my house due to Obama and Hillary being here. Will post pics in a bit.

Everyone should listen to this album. It's magic, like in the sense of "magus", which I think is supposed to mean 'wise person' and 'wise art':

Tim Hecker & Daniel Lopatin - Instrumental Tourist

I made it back from Iceland and had a hell of a time making it back to my house due to Obama and Hillary being here. Will post pics in a bit.

Sounds like a combination of wonderful (Iceland) and unusual/weird (political theatre).

Kevyt

I'm not gonna post much in here, but I love doing the IBBQ!

Your Gender? You're sexual identity?
Male. Idk what sexual identity means.
Your sexual orientation?
Homosexicles
Where are you from?
Ohio
Where do you live?
East Lansing, MI
How old are you?
Favorite type of music?
Eurodance, Europop, New Wave, Synthpop
Your profession/career interest?
YouTube star
Favorite video game(s)?
Metroid Prime is my all time favorite. I like mostly Nintendo non-RPG games.
What are your hobbies?
Sulking and brooding

Why not??

Get a gaming PC and get into Overwatch!

Top Bottom