• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Sibylus

Banned
Sapho_jouant_de_la_lyre.jpg

"Come back to me, Gongyla, here tonight,
You, my rose, with your Lydian lyre.
There hovers forever around you delight:
A beauty desired.

Even your garment plunders my eyes.
I am enchanted: I who once
Complained to the Cyprus-born goddess,
Whom I now beseech

Never to let this lose me grace
But rather bring you back to me:
Amongst all mortal women the one
I most wish to see."

Welcome to the ninth iteration of the queer megathread! All are welcome.

Definitions
Lesbian (L): A woman who is primarily attracted to other women | Gay (G): A man who is primarily attracted to other men | Bisexual (B, Bi): A person who is attracted to more than one gender | Pansexual: A person who is attracted to more than one gender, specifically all
Transgender (T, Trans): The broadest definition defines people who differ from their assigned gender at birth or the gender binary (from the Latin trans: "across", "beyond") | Cisgender: A person whose gender identity aligns with their assigned gender (from the Latin cis: "near side", "this side")
Queer:
  1. A person who is not heterosexual or not cisgender (umbrella term, in-group use, reclaimed from a slur)
  2. A person who self-labels to eschew more rigid and traditional labels (in-group use, reclaimed from a slur).
Genderqueer / Non Binary (GQ, NB): Gender identities that fall outside of the binary (umbrella term) | Questioning (Q): A person undergoing self-examination and discovery regarding their sexuality or gender | Asexual (A, Ace): A person who generally does not feel sexual attraction, regardless of celibacy.
Intersex (I): A person whose primary/secondary sex characteristics do not conform to the sex binary.​

Resources:
The Trevor Project | It Gets Better | Queergaf Discord (PM myself, Vazra, Kitchenmotors, Sai-Kun, or Delio)
Trevor Project Hotline 1-866-4-U-TREVOR | GLBT National Youth Hotline: 1-800-246-7743 | GLBT National Hotline: 1-888-THE-GLNH | Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Helpline: 617-267-9001 or Toll-free: 888-340-4528

Media

Past Threads
OT0 (July 2009) | OT1 - P1 (October 2010) | OT1 - P2 (October 2010) | OT2 (May 2012) | OT3 (February 2013) | OT4 (January 2014) | OT5 (August 2014) | OT6 (January 2015) | OT7 (July 2015) | OT8 (February 2016) |​

"As a wind in the mountains
assaults an oak,
Love shook my breast."​

Ice-breaker Questionnaire (IBQ) & Queergaf Census
  • Your gender? Your sexual identity?
  • Your sexual orientation?
  • Where Are You From?
  • Where Do You Live?
  • How Old Are you?
  • Favorite Type of Music?
  • Profession or Career interest?
  • Favorite video game(s)?
  • What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?

Queergaf Census (Strawpoll)​

At Issue

Supreme Court takes up school bathroom rules for transgender students (WaPo)

The Supreme Court said Friday that it will decide whether the Obama administration may require public school systems to let transgender students use bathrooms that align with their gender identity, putting the court once again at the center of a divisive social issue.
“This is one of the most important days in the history of the transgender movement,” Shannon Minter, legal director of the National Center for Lesbian Rights, said in a statement. “Whatever the court rules . . . may ensure that transgender people are accepted and included as equal members of our society, or it may relegate them to outsiders for decades to come.”
GRIMM_25241471884791.jpg

---

"That man to me seems equal to the gods,
the man who sits opposite you
and close by listens
to your sweet voice

your enticing laughter—
that indeed has stirred up the heart in my breast.
For whenever I look at you even briefly
I can no longer say a single thing,

but my tongue is frozen in silence;
instantly a delicate flame runs beneath my skin;
with my eyes I see nothing;
my ears make a whirring noise.

A cold sweat covers me,
trembling seizes my body,
and I am greener than grass.
Lacking but little of death do I seem."​

Golnei

Maybe I should post in here more often?

Anybody else having a shitty week they don't want to be too specific about because they know some of their buddies read GAF?
Why they'd be in the LGBTQIA thread - or even not on Gaming-side - I don't know... Though it would be an interesting twist.

I'm just really busy being a huge, unexpected gay cliche right now.

As always, PMs are an option if you'd feel uncomfortable discussing anything in the thread. Or maybe the discord chat? I haven't used it yet, so I'm not sure if it's an appropriate venue to scream into the void.

Sibylus

Banned
BTW, census Strawpoll in the OP if you want to make a big pie graph about the diversity of the community.

OrionX

Once, there was a dude who realized he was gay. He was a gay dude. :eek:

But the gay dude didn't want to face the truth, so he buried it and hoped it would go away. He was a miserable gay dude. :'(

Then one day, he realized that was dumb, and decided to stop lying to himself and the people he loved. He was a happier gay dude. :)

Fin~

Hi, I'm gay dude.

Hi everyone, I'll probably be lurking again because I can never think of anything interesting to bring up here.

Once, there was a dude who realized he was gay. He was a gay dude. :eek:

But the gay dude didn't want to face the truth, so he buried it and hoped it would go away. He was a miserable gay dude. :'(

Then one day, he realized that was dumb, and decided to stop lying to himself and the people he loved. He was a happier gay dude. :)

Fin~

Hi, I'm gay dude.
Welcome, new people! :)

Welcome newbies, hope you actively participate when you feel comfortable enough.

At any rate, on my last day for my trip it was nice but definitely ready to go back home.

Andrin

Hi!
I posted for a while back in an earlier OT, but then life (and university) got too busy and I barely even had time to lurk on GAF.

Anyway, figured I should fill out the questionnaire as a start.

Your gender?

Male (cisgender)
Your sexual orientation?
Gay
Where Are You From?
Sweden
Where Do You Live?
Currently? The Cold North. Usually? Stockholm
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
I don't really have a preferred type, though I'm not fond of rap or anything with growling in it
Profession or Career interest?
Currently working fulltime as a doctor at a childrens ward
Favorite video game(s)?
My favourite series are Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Pokémon and Metroid. I enjoy most types of games, but have never really gotten into FPS'es or sports games.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?
I enjoy building with LEGO (which is fantastic for relaxing), baking, theme park rides, and I am far too fond of Disney movies

No promises, but I will try to be more active in this one.

teiresias

Ever have a dream you take as a sign, or prophetic, because it's so out of left field youre not sure it could be anything else?

I had one of those last night. It lead me to doing some internet sleuthing and finding my ex has an account on RentMen, haha. Four satisfied reviews at least.

Hello everyone! my first time posting in this thread (im alittle shy lol) but i wanna change that so hopefully this will help *baby steps* lol

ill fillout the ice brakers :p

Your gender?
Male
Your sexual orientation?

Gay
Where Are You From?
UK
Where Do You Live?
Stoke On Trent (i know, its a dump lol)
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Muse and raidohead but really like all types of music
Worked in boring admin for afew yrs till i was let go :\
Favorite video game(s)?
Final Fantasy (currenly playing 14), Souls series, MGS, Kingdom hearts anything really just not sports games lol
Love martial arts movies (older ones) and sci fi and movies in general, taking my dog on walks lol

Here's me so you can put a name to a face :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hello everyone! my first time posting in this thread (im alittle shy lol) but i wanna change that so hopefully this will help *baby steps* lol

Your gender?
Male
Your sexual orientation?

Gay
Where Are You From?
UK
Where Do You Live?
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Worked in boring admin for afew yrs till i was let go :
Favorite video game(s)?
Final Fantasy (currenly playing 14), Souls series, MGS, Kingdom hearts anything really just not sports games lol
Love martial arts movies (older ones) and sci fi and movies in general, taking my dog on walks lol

Welcome and hope you enjoy the thread. 😜

Burbeting

Banned
A swede? Nice!

Also:

Your gender?
Male
Your sexual orientation?

Gay
Where Are You From?
UK
Where Do You Live?
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Favorite video game(s)?

Shit, you're cute :3.

Have a nice ot ppl.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Well I have been lurking here for a bit, but decided to wait until the new OT to post.

Your gender?
Female (Trans)
Your sexual orientation?
Lesbian/BiCurious
Where Are You From?
Southern Illinois
Where Do You Live?
Even more Southern Illinois (for school)
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Pop/Dance>Rap>Alternative>Classic Rock
I'm a Senior who is going to have a Political Science Major with Minors in Psychology & Philosophy, I plan on attending Law School in the Fall, probably do Family Law
Favorite video game(s)?
Fallout/Elder Scrolls, Zelda, Pokémon, CoD4-Blops2, ACreed, TLoU, GTAV, Overwatch, Gears, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, probably more...
At the moment? Nothing really cool, I am pretty broke and will be for the next few years, so I mainly watch TV/movies, read a book, and hangout with my girlfriend....

Anyway hello!!

Vazduh

Your gender?
Male
Your sexual orientation?

Gay
Where Are You From?
UK
Where Do You Live?
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Worked in boring admin for afew yrs till i was let go :\
Favorite video game(s)?

Yay, more Europeans! Welcome.

I haven't been posting in LGBThreads often, but I promise I'm going to stop by every now and then. I see some of my icons in here already :*

tumblr_odq0lz0xGq1u6n38po1_250.gif

Now, to re-introduce myself...

Country: Croatia... I come from a small eastern town with a population of 20.000
Favorite type of music: pop/indie rock/shoegaze.
Orientation: Ghei
Vocation: translator (although not much work lately...),
Hobby: photography (analog for now), baking
Favorite video games: Fallout 1+2, New Vegas, Little Big Adventure 2

Vocation: translator (although not much work lately...),
Hobby: photography (analog for now), baking
Favorite video games: Fallout 1+2, New Vegas, Little Big Adventure 2

Oh, English to Croatian? Croatian to English?

Also yes, New Vegas was amazing. Still need to play 1+2.

Vazduh

Both, depending on the text. It's usually a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. However, translating freelance in Croatia sucks, unless you're well connected because the work is not always steady...

Make sure to try one of the Fallout oldies. The HD patch helps with ancient graphics (only a bit). Although, do have in mind that those games weren't exactly praised for their graphics even at the time of their release. The gameplay is still killer, tho.

Your gender?
Male
Your sexual orientation?
Gay
Where Are You From?
UK - Northern Ireland specifically
Where Do You Live?
Northern Ireland
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Pretty much everything but specifically Queen B.
A slave to retail
Favorite video game(s)?
Tomb Raider currently, really looking forward to FFXV
Movies, writing, eating out, long walks on the beach, so on and so forth.

sparkzero

Hey everyone, I take the chance to post more here in the future. I'm just terrible at posting in general (junior member for more than 3 years now...)

To re-introduce myself:

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay
Where Are You From? Germany
Where Do You Live? Münster, Germany
How Old Are you? 27
Favorite Type of Music? Pop and R'n'B
Profession or Career interest? webdesigner/webdeveloper
Favorite video game(s)? Sonic, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Pheonix Wright, Uncharted and Shenmue
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Working out, movies, traveling

My face: https://www.instagram.com/bennibegood/

Both, depending on the text. It's usually a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. However, translating freelance in Croatia sucks, unless you're well connected because the work is not always steady...

Make sure to try one of the Fallout oldies. The HD patch helps with ancient graphics (only a bit). Although, do have in mind that those games weren't exactly praised for their graphics even at the time of their release. The gameplay is still killer, tho.

Honestly I enjoy Fallout the most when playing the "wrong" way. Which is bumping up all my SPECIAL and SKILLS to near maximum and then steamrolling everything as a Wasteland Superhuman.

Dunno if that's an option in the older Fallouts.

Vazduh

I believe you'd be quite happy with F2, then. It takes some time to get to the "God" level (the beginning is tough), but once you do...

Re-intro-Remix!

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? ¿sorta heterosexual?
Where Are You From? Houston
Where Do You Live? Houston
How Old Are you? Between 18 and 40
Favorite Type of Music? Ambient, PsyTrance, Dub Techno, all
Profession or Career interest? Being alive
Favorite video game(s)? 4x games, FreeCell, look at my name
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Writing

Andrin

Wait, we're doing pictures too? And why do you all look so cute?

I'm really not photogenic, so I never take any pictures of myself. But I managed to find a pic of me at a relatives' graduation from a year or two back. I haven't changed much from back then, but I could do with working out more regularly to stay in better shape.

Rayis

Posted very little in the last thread, and there's now a new one, I don't think this is changing =D, hi Legbutt GAF

daripad

Your gender?
Male
Your sexual orientation?

Gay
Where Are You From?
UK
Where Do You Live?
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Favorite video game(s)?

You like Radiohead? Marry me, please. Saw them live a month ago and they were amazing (dat Fake Plastic Trees-Creep combo).

berzeli

Banned
Hello new thread.

btw, I've been meaning to revisit that giant list of films/TV some day if there is interest for it. There have been a couple of new, and interesting things, one was some artsy schmartsy thing about lesbians with some Mara sister... Just can't remember it. Something with a "C"? Hmm, nope, Nothing springs to mind.
carol-always-sunny-philadelphia-4.gif

A swede? Nice!
There are a couple of us even!

Wait, we're doing pictures too? And why do you all look so cute?

I'm really not photogenic, so I never take any pictures of myself. But I managed to find a pic of me at a relatives' graduation from a year or two back. I haven't changed much from back then, but I could do with working out more regularly to stay in better shape.

You look really really young.

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Bi
Where Do You Live? Melbourne (Australia)
How Old Are you? 28
Profession or Career interest? Mental health but currently just volunteering, currently also working in a non-profit charity donation shop though.
Favorite video game(s)? Dragon Quest
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Magic (tricks)

Top Bottom