• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Monocle

It will be interesting to see if a community like ours can still thrive given the current state of this place. I mean, when you have crowds of posters casually throwing about "SJW" and openly supporting a guy who thinks trans people are so icky that they should be purged from the military, it can make a person feel like a hen in a wolfhouse.

I guess it's nice to see more diversity of opinion regarding questions like "Are LGBT people mentally ill?" though! Good food for thought.

mantidor

I remember I asked someone for a discord invite but I never got it.

Certainly things will never be the same either here or in Era, so its a shame.

MamaRice

Banned
Complete bullshit.

How is asexuality not a sexual orientation? They have to deal with all of the same identity issues, being ignored, demonization, finding people like them, establishing communities, not having representation in media.

What possible reason would someone even have for wanting to take a stand against asexuals being included in our ranks? Do you think people will be less receptive to LGBT issues if we also have people that don't desire sex? Is that maybe because you are dismissive of those people?

My best friend is a homoromantic asexual. She proudly wears a black ring. I've noticed black rings on other people, and mentioned that i like their ring, and it made them happy that someone noticed. You can keep your "exactly".

I don't know how such a smart woman can wrong about so much.

Last edited:
Complete bullshit.

How is asexuality not a sexual orientation? They have to deal with all of the same identity issues, being ignored, demonization, finding people like them, establishing communities, not having representation in media.

What possible reason would someone even have for wanting to take a stand against asexuals being included in our ranks? Do you think people will be less receptive to LGBT issues if we also have people that don't desire sex? Is that maybe because you are dismissive of those people?

My best friend is a homoromantic asexual. She proudly wears a black ring. I've noticed black rings on other people, and mentioned that i like their ring, and it made them happy that someone noticed. You can keep your "exactly".

I don't know how such a smart woman can wrong about so much.

I thought it was absence of sexual orientation is all? I mean I don’t have a problem with them being a part of lgbt because they date like everyone else and have their own problems that exist outside of the norm.

You know what, you’re right. Why do you open my closed mind so much?

Last edited:

MamaRice

Banned
I thought it was absence of sexual orientation is all? I mean I don’t have a problem with them being a part of lgbt because they date like everyone else and have their own problems that exist outside of the norm.

You know what, you’re right. Why do you open my closed mind so much?
I hope you aren't just saying that because you like me.

HUELEN10

No, it isn't.

Panexuality or Omnisexuality is usually defined as the sexual attraction towards people regardless of sex. Some would call themselves sex-blind or gender-blind.

Bisexuality is usually defined as simply sexual attraction towards both males and females.

An argument could be made that the label/term of pansexuality might be more inclusive since it doesn't put limits on sex or gender. For example, pan is inclusive towards intersex people, whereas bi technically excludes them.

No, it isn't.

Panexuality or Omnisexuality is usually defined as the sexual attraction towards people regardless of sex. Some would call themselves sex-blind or gender-blind.

Bisexuality is usually defined as simply sexual attraction towards both males and females.

An argument could be made that the label/term of pansexuality might be more inclusive since it doesn't put limits on sex or gender. For example, pan is inclusive towards intersex people, whereas bi technically excludes them.
Good explanation, appreciate it, honestly learnt something.

Clarissa

Banned
Gender - M2F Trans. I'm still in the midst of transitioning. Just started hormone replacement therapy awhile ago.
Sexual Orientation - Gay
Age - 30s
Profession - Human Resource. Outside of work, I strive to be the best girlfriend ever to my boyfriend. And best wife ever once I complete my transition and get married.
Favourite Video Games - Fire Emblem/The Last Of Us/Witcher 3/Shining Force/Fallout 2
Hobbies - Cooking. I'm really good at it! :)

This is me
6sczFoB.jpg

Melon

Banned
Gender - M2F Trans. I'm still in the midst of transitioning. Just started hormone replacement therapy awhile ago.
Sexual Orientation - Gay
Age - 30s
Profession - Human Resource. Outside of work, I strive to be the best girlfriend ever to my boyfriend. And best wife ever once I complete my transition and get married.
Favourite Video Games - Fire Emblem/The Last Of Us/Witcher 3/Shining Force/Fallout 2
Hobbies - Cooking. I'm really good at it! :)

This is me
6sczFoB.jpg

You are absolutely stunning, and I love your make-up and outfit!!!!

Melon

Banned
Since I am a part of the LGBT+ community, I probably should give a little introduction for those who don't know me that well.

Gender- Cis Female
Sexual Orientation- Bisexual
Age- 21
Profession- I am currently unemployed due to health issues, but I was a CNA at a nursing home for a good while!
Favorite Video Games- The Elder Scrolls series for sure (Especially Oblivion).
Hobbies- Reading Tarot, Drawing, Hiking, and Music.

Pretty bare-bone introduction, but that's okay. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Shy Fingers

Banned
Since I am a part of the LGBT+ community, I probably should give a little introduction for those who don't know me that well.

Gender- Cis Female
Sexual Orientation- Bisexual
Age- 21
Profession- I am currently unemployed due to health issues, but I was a CNA at a nursing home for a good while!
Favorite Video Games- The Elder Scrolls series for sure (Especially Oblivion).
Hobbies- Reading Tarot, Drawing, Hiking, and Music.

Pretty bare-bone introduction, but that's okay. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
Welcome! Favorite hike?

Shy Fingers

Banned
I really liked hiking the Jenny Lake trail in Wyoming. It was a 7.5 hike, but the view was so perfect. :messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts:
Google image searched it... added to my list! Looks phenomenal and I'm jealous of you

My most recent new one was Valley of Fire in Nevada, I prefer foresety hikes, but desert was a fun new one to try!

I'm an outsider, just a regular heterosexual white guy but I came into this topic because I was surprised to see it exist.

The thread about the Gillette commercial with a transgender man was filled with ridicule and kind of sad. I remember thinking this is just going to drive anyway anyone that isn't like myself.

crowbrow

Banned
I'm an outsider, just a regular heterosexual white guy but I came into this topic because I was surprised to see it exist.

The thread about the Gillette commercial with a transgender man was filled with ridicule and kind of sad. I remember thinking this is just going to drive anyway anyone that isn't like myself.
Yeah I still hope more sexually diverse people join this forum. The trick is having thick skin and laugh about yourself and make also cis jokes (there should be plenty).

Although I have always wondered why we need so many labels for defining our sexuality, couldn't we just say humans are sexually diverse and stop trying to put categories to everything?

HUELEN10

Agreed these terms should just be ways for us to describe ourselves and experiences to ourselves and others, not to segregate us apart. Maybe it’s time to request a lock for this one and start a brand new thread? Would that be doable even?

Top Bottom