• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park unreleased track from Meteora, "Lost", now available

HAYA8U5A

Much better than a lot of their other unreleased songs they have eventually released and you could tell they didn't make the cut for a reason. Even if they don't record new music I hope one day they find somebody to tour with in the same way Queen did with Lambert. Like Freddie you won't find another Chester and they shouldn't even try to find another Chester but finding somebody like Lambert that works in their own way would still be nice. Or they are in a different position than Queen where they still have one front man so the band and Mike could do their thing with new music and guests.

LordOfChaos

Wow, amazing to hear a new song from Chester. And from around my favorite era of theirs, some of their later albums weren't grabbing me as much but Meteora/Hybrid Theory are forever GOATed

Cool visuals too. Reminds me of watching these mashups as a kid

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark

Linkin Park are on my music Mount Rushmore.​

chester bennington GIF

Thaedolus

I know it’s kinda silly that people get upset about celebrities but this one is always gonna get to me. I know I know, LP’s lyrics always seem a bit emo or cringe until you read about his life and see it’s actually coming from his tortured heart. RIP.

LordOfChaos

I know I know, LP’s lyrics always seem a bit emo or cringe until you read about his life and see it’s actually coming from his tortured heart. RIP.

Yeah that was a perspective change for sure. A lot of us probably thought it was just music targeting teen angst because that's when it peak hit us, but then after his suicide and note you realize those were the words of a tortured grown man.

xClout

Much better than a lot of their other unreleased songs they have eventually released and you could tell they didn't make the cut for a reason. Even if they don't record new music I hope one day they find somebody to tour with in the same way Queen did with Lambert. Like Freddie you won't find another Chester and they shouldn't even try to find another Chester but finding somebody like Lambert that works in their own way would still be nice. Or they are in a different position than Queen where they still have one front man so the band and Mike could do their thing with new music and guests.

I dont think it'll happen. Its been close to six years now. Does the band even want it?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Great song, very radio friendly, very melodic, super fucking catchy with simple and clear enough lyrics that it quickly becomes an earworm. Totally sounds like thawed cryogenically frozen 2003 music, which makes sense.

Good song, but this sounds much more like minutes to midnight then Meteora. Its much more streamlined than the rawness of Meteora.

Meteora was "raw"? Meteora was the same as self titled, no filler, tight songs with no BS and short runtime. Minutes to Midnight is the raw one when Chester started swearing and screaming to his limits. Meteora is as if not more radio friendly than Hybrid Theory, its a beautiful album and I think this song fits the era perfectly and could of been included. Song is awesome, takes me back to high school days when I bought the CD.

Last edited:

Codiox

Meteora was "raw"? Meteora was the same as self titled, no filler, tight songs with no BS and short runtime. Minutes to Midnight is the raw one when Chester started swearing and screaming to his limits. Meteora is as if not more radio friendly than Hybrid Theory, its a beautiful album and I think this song fits the era perfectly and could of been included. Song is awesome, takes me back to high school days when I bought the CD.
Maybe raw is the wrong term. English is not my native tongue so please forgive me, I try to explain again:

Meteora has more ups and downs in the songs, like a bigger range if that makes sense. This song just like MTM is more linear, most of the songs are on the same level, like on a monotone level.

It's hard to explain for me, that's just the way it feels to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom