• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

So I know Spotted Flower existed before Nidaime (at least I think so anyway), so the author just put Hato in after Nidaime started?

I always thought Hato was a response to Wandering Son and the author wanting to do their own riff on that, but to hear it just sort of fizzles makes me even more sure that he was just trying to follow a trend rather than tell a story. lol

Yeah, he first appeared in Spotted Flower a year or so after Nidaime began, iirc.

That wouldn't surprise me. He's thoughtfully developed (surprisingly so) throughout the majority of Nidaime, but his conclusion gives the appearance that it was all for show.

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Endless Waltz: Glory of the Losers v 2

The Meilan Wufei plot, I teared up, glad to know thats where the Nataku name came from. Wufei battle with Noin was amazing too, she needs a win so I cant wait to see more moments from future volumes.

Really good, I cant wait for everyones relations to get a bit better, more Heero and Duo stuff needs to happen.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, he first appeared in Spotted Flower a year or so after Nidaime began, iirc.

That wouldn't surprise me. He's thoughtfully developed (surprisingly so) throughout the majority of Nidaime, but his conclusion gives the appearance that it was all for show.

The yaoi goddess or whatever that character was is a bit too much for me though. lol

You know, whatever happened to Shimura after Wandering Son? Seems like she ended her two big long running books and then sort of disappeared for a while.

Haha, yandere is a form of vanilla though!

Brown Island by Momonosuke: sex with dark-skinned diver. (Note: there's no diving.)(Note 2: no drinking either.)
In One Step by Tohgarashi Hideyu: three-legged race sex.
MEET♥MEAT by Sowitchraw: bespectacled girl with meat on her bones.
Loving You! by Accho: fanged gyaru girl with meat on her bones.
The Counselor Who Eats Virgins for Breakfast ~Deflowering Her Friend's Son~ by Yamamoto Yammy: nothing like a milf to counsel young'uns with erectile dysfunction.
Finder Love by Goban: childhood friends amateur photographer & amateur model duo.
Flat-chest Girlfriend & Clingy Boyfriend by Ishizuchi Ginko: tomboy sex
xxx by Oroneko: tomboy hickey sex.
If It's Without You, I Don't Want It. by Sakagami Um: tall tomboy sex.
smells like... by Zakotsu: tan tomboy sex.
Kan Ochi! by Blmanian: tomboy bully lewd judo sex.

And finally:
waking or sleeping... by Yomotsuka Tsukasa: sweet sweet vanilla. Don't let your dreams be dreams.

I know. Also, how did you guess I was going for?
It's tomboys. As my real-life tomboy is currently on the other side of the world.

And, thank you!

The yaoi goddess or whatever that character was is a bit too much for me though. lol

You know, whatever happened to Shimura after Wandering Son? Seems like she ended her two big long running books and then sort of disappeared for a while.

lol; there was a lot of Nidaime that was too much for me; Madarame and his harem chief among them.

She's mostly been involved in smaller projects that last a volume or two since those ended. Nothing as interesting or successful as Wandering Son and, to a lesser extent, Aoi Hana. Shame too, since she has so much (occasionally squandered) potential and such a refreshing perspective.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol; there was a lot of Nidaime that was too much for me; Madarame and his harem chief among them.

She's mostly been involved in smaller projects that last a volume or two since those ended. Nothing as interesting or successful as Wandering Son and, to a lesser extent, Aoi Hana. Shame too, since she has so much (occasionally squandered) potential and such a refreshing perspective.
I think both series kind of tapered off, so maybe she just didn't want the pressure of trying to do a big multi-year project anymore.

Also I guess Fantagraphics stopped doing Wandering Son altogether?

I think both series kind of tapered off, so maybe she just didn't want the pressure of trying to do a big multi-year project anymore.

Also I guess Fantagraphics stopped doing Wandering Son altogether?

That seems to be the case, unfortunately, though they've hinted at returning to it several times over the last two years.

Jintor

Haha, yandere is a form of vanilla though!

Brown Island by Momonosuke: sex with dark-skinned diver. (Note: there's no diving.)(Note 2: no drinking either.)
In One Step by Tohgarashi Hideyu: three-legged race sex.
MEET♥MEAT by Sowitchraw: bespectacled girl with meat on her bones.
Loving You! by Accho: fanged gyaru girl with meat on her bones.
The Counselor Who Eats Virgins for Breakfast ~Deflowering Her Friend's Son~ by Yamamoto Yammy: nothing like a milf to counsel young'uns with erectile dysfunction.
Finder Love by Goban: childhood friends amateur photographer & amateur model duo.
Flat-chest Girlfriend & Clingy Boyfriend by Ishizuchi Ginko: tomboy sex
xxx by Oroneko: tomboy hickey sex.
If It's Without You, I Don't Want It. by Sakagami Um: tall tomboy sex.
smells like... by Zakotsu: tan tomboy sex.
Kan Ochi! by Blmanian: tomboy bully lewd judo sex.

And finally:
waking or sleeping... by Yomotsuka Tsukasa: sweet sweet vanilla. Don't let your dreams be dreams.

zwei delivers as usual

lot of tomboys. i'm in.

Kiyoudai Biyori 1-6 END
DMOLim-X4AId77r.jpg:small

Cute fun happy manga of just brothers who were away coming back together again after one went off to college and got a job. I loved the flashback scenes of their childhood and seeing Kouta really just taking a liking to his older protective brother and also hang out with him and his friends. Seeing more of the story unfold to several scenes of their childhood, like a cave scene in the rain that was supposed to be forgotten or eventually another scene with Tetsurou kissing one of his female classmates made the past scenes just as intriguing as the current ones. Really great. Tickle scene was my favorite one, but also the leech scene and the scene when they went to find some of the lost animals.

Jintor

nidame has always been this huge disappointment to me and I'm not sure if it was on her because her storytelling got worse or if it was on me because I was just less interested (perhaps sexistly, perhaps not) in whatever different nerd themes she was going for.

I was best placed in my life to read Genshiken when I did though, right on the verge of uni and worrying about the future

casiopao

Geten no Hana 12

Kikyou identity is found out.0_0 Now increasing love point with Nobunaga sama lol.

Chihaya is fine that way 18.

That is one sexual way of eating Yoshinoya lol.

Tokyo ghoul re 145

And here i was thinking last week was was bad since like 3/4th was filler... this one is even worse, entire chapter is filler. Nice art tho

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
One punch man 82
God damn, now that is one great action scene. Murata da gawd

Kaguya latest
Ishigami my best homie trying to change. Dope AF.
I like how Iino come to stuco room and greeted by Ishigami changing hia cloth to Kaguya uniform

zroid

Banned
This is an adorable adaptation of the movie

DMRDc5VXcAA5g-n.jpg

only thing is the artwork is very simple, but even that's charming in its own way

Zweizer

Banned
Umaru-chan to end this November 9th apparently: https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/919790195158892544

Any recommendations for smutty manga with an actual good story?

Asking for a friend

Murciélago
Keijo
Tsugumomo
Prison School
Oddman 11
Nana to Kaoru (except for the final arc, but up until then it's great)

And for something even more risqué, I'd suggest Dulce Report and Secret Dog God Kokoko-chan, but you've been warned.

Chase17

Kimetsu no Yaiba 82
Tanjiro has become a beast these last two chapters. It's nice to see some repercussions to these actions though. I'll be interested to see how they handle this going forward since he just went toe to toe with an upper moon demon.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see that it was Nezuko who came in for the save and not Uzui (though he is probably still going to be the one who gets the final blow). Getting Nezuko get back in the mix is a good call and they seem to be exploring more of the affects of her being a demon here (also taking the head clean off with that kick was cool).

This arc has really turned things up for the climax.

Usobuko

Banned
Any recommendations for smutty manga with an actual good story?

Asking for a friend

Your avatar seems to indicate you would like Platform from Hiroki Endo's Tanpenshuu.

Or maybe Yonensei and Gonensei from Genshiken author.

Natsu no Zenjitsu and Mikai no Hoshi are probably closer to what you're looking for.

I would love to hear about your reaction should you read any of them because feeling schadenfreude is a very human experience.

Have fun!

Zweizer

Banned
Murcielago ch53-55.5

Every time new chapters get translated is a cause for party. Rinko did pretty well, even managing to cause minimal damage. My memory is a little bit foggy, so I wonder if we've heard of this Satori Hakua before? Aside from that, Reiko is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

lol. Too bad she's only been fighting fodder.

Usobuko

Banned
"Platform" is a good short story, bested only by "For Those of Us Who Don't Believe in God" in his Tanpenshuu.
Any top quality netorare that had great art there? NtR is ma jam lol.

I consider anything by Seme Danjou / Mashiraga Aki to be top notch.

If you want more seinen type, my post above suffice.

casiopao

I just checked Tsugumomo.....at first i thought this is another ecchi comedy manga....then boom. Wut? Why this become battle shounen lol.

I just checked Tsugumomo.....at first i thought this is another ecchi comedy manga....then boom. Wut? Why this become battle shounen lol.

Tsugumomo has some of the best action paneling in the medium to show kinetic motion...its just that every handful of chapters the author must draw hentai or else he'll probably just quit the manga and just draw hentai.

Umaru-chan to end this November 9th apparently: https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/919790195158892544

Murciélago
Keijo
Tsugumomo
Prison School
Oddman 11

And for something even more risqué, I'd suggest Dulce Report and Secret Dog God Kokoko-chan, but you've been warned.

Your avatar seems to indicate you would like Platform from Hiroki Endo's Tanpenshuu.

Or maybe Yonensei and Gonensei from Genshiken author.

Natsu no Zenjitsu and Mikai no Hoshi are probably closer to what you're looking for.

I would love to hear about your reaction should you read any of them because feeling schadenfreude is a very human experience.

Have fun!

Thanks homies. I'll look into these

casiopao

Tsugumomo has some of the best action paneling in the medium to show kinetic motion...its just that every handful of chapters the author must draw hentai or else he'll probably just quit the manga and just draw hentai.

......i just reached the first chapter where Kaneyama showed up..........i..... am in shocked lol.O_O

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Murcielago ch. 53-55

I feel like I've forgotten a little too much here. Don't even remember this old dude at all. Or what the deal with the string chick was. Will have to restart this arc, I guess.

Some of these action panels looked pretty good though.

Murciélago
Keijo
Tsugumomo
Prison School
Oddman 11

+1 to this list

Author has admitted as much except maybe the quitting the manga part (iirc)

Boruto

Ao makes a reapperance, I hope more of these minor characters of old continue to make cameos.

BLack Clover

Xerx is going all out, I guess Dorksta may be able to save his killer move for his Yuno.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tsugumomo goes in some interesting directions, that's for sure.

If by "interesting" you mean Tsugumomo has a chapter where the MC and some girl switch bodies, and then when she sees herself she gets so immediately aroused she attempts to forcibly rape, um, herself.

Food Wars

Taku should win, Soma's pants didnt get blown off in the scene which further confirms this outcome.

I actually do like business side Eizan.

Promised Neverland
DMRoEy9W0AAit7q.jpg:small

I dont know, this would have been kind of fun to see, lol.

zroid

Banned
Oh, for those interested, it seems that all Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul:re manga volumes are 40% off at Indigo.ca this week

phaze

Oh, for those interested, it seems that all Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul:re manga volumes are 40% off at Indigo.ca this week

I'd probably pull the trigger on all vols I'm missing but they're not shipping here. ;( I'd imagine shipping fee would be a pain in the butt anyway ... Thanks for the info

Tokyo Ghoul :re 145

We might just have gotten our title drop.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure that wins and losses in Shokugekis aren't dependent on your pants coming off.

Top Bottom