• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Zweizer

Banned
Hinamatsuri ch71

Nitta's reaction when he realized he'd be stuck with Hina forever is priceless. Still, you'd think with her powers there'd be simpler and more effective ways to cheat. Then again Hina isn't the sharpest knife.

img0000292ys6h.png

Gacha ruining yet more lives.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch191

It was a pretty moving farewell, however temporary it was. It's nice that things got resolved on the future's side as well.

Futari Monologue ch3

She's managed to reduce the distance with her former friend quite well. Now, to maintain it somehow.

Love can be painful at times.

Boku Girl ch83

Guess things will be confusing for a while longer.

Hajime no Ippo
Fuck this shit, he wants to end like the manga of
slam dunk
, why morikawa IS doing this. In any possible scenario of:
its nothing, or Ippo is fucked,
this shit in this fight sux, If Ippo is fucked its horrible to end the manga like this,If he isnt why the hell you are doing this

Even if Ippo insists on fighting It Will end on his disease, ughhhhhhhhhhhh

aAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA
At the same time, Morikawa did this before with Takamuras eyesight which eventually became a forgotten story. Hopefully it's just a red herring in the same way

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At the same time, Morikawa did this before with Takamuras eyesight which eventually became a forgotten story. Hopefully it's just a red herring in the same way

It's almost certainly a red herring. Ippo is constantly tripping over that guy's leg before he gets hit and he's got crazy tunnel vision at this point. Someone needs to smack some sense into him is all.

Zweizer

Banned
Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch46

She doesn't need any rescuing, really.

One Piece ch

Seems like Katakuri is the biggest threat right now, as everything else is going more or less smoothly. Wonder if Luffy will awaken his Devil Fruit during this fight.

Shokugeki no Soma ch236

lol at stalker Takumi.

My Hero Academia ch157

Pretty handy.

My Hero Academia Ch157: I'm sufficiently hyped.

One Piece Ch882: I'm guessing we'll see an awakening here. Can't see any other way for it to go. Unless he manages to pull some Haki level off. I guess that's still a sort of awakening, huh.

Shokugeki No Souma Ch236: The Dark Takumi rises.

Love Is Hard For An Otaku Ch14.4: These two... too cute!

LeleSocho

Banned
My Hero Academia - 157

That "Get out of jail free" card lol
Now Deku's body will be as he never used its power ever, was kinda wondering when it would happen.

Ascheroth

DTL will love this Soma chapter.
My Hero Academia - 157

That "Get out of jail free" card lol
Now Deku's body will be as he never used its power ever, was kinda wondering when it would happen.
No that's wrong. If Eri were to 'heal' him, he would be rewound to a state without injuries from OfA, so he would also lose all his physical training for the last... months? I forgot the timeline.
Not even factoring in that she can't control her quirk at all and would probably kill him in the process.

DNAbro

My Hero Academia 157

I was worried about Eri's Quirk last week but I'm okay with this application of it. It makes for something incredibly badass lol. Also tying Eri to Deku's back with Lemillion's cape was a nice touch. I can't see this fight lasting more than 1 more chapter.

One Piece 882

Luffy continues to get his ass beat. I don't think gear 4 is going to do anything.

upandaway

My Hero Academia

Dunno man I'm not digging this fight too much. I'm not really buying the logic that racking up injuries is supposed to slow down the rewind. Godmode healing and full 100% One for All feels a bit like jumping the shark but hopefully Hirokoshi has a good post-arc in mind to connect the dots. I'm not confident about that because where would you go after letting Deku go all the way.

I guess eraserhead would be able to help with the unstoppable rewind thing if we knew where he went to

Also at this point it makes sense that she can revert Mirio to when he had his quirk. They'd have to specifically come up with some reason to make it not work.

Ascheroth

My Hero Academia

Dunno man I'm not digging this fight too much. I'm not really buying the logic that racking up injuries is supposed to slow down the rewind. Godmode healing and full 100% One for All feels a bit like jumping the shark but hopefully Hirokoshi has a good post-arc in mind to connect the dots. I'm not confident about that because where would you go after letting Deku go all the way.

I guess eraserhead would be able to help with the unstoppable rewind thing if we knew where he went to

Also at this point it makes sense that she can revert Mirio to when he had his quirk. They'd have to specifically come up with some reason to make it not work.
Just quoting myself from the MHA thread:
OfA is constantly damaging Deku, so Eri's power rewinds his state back to being non-damaged and before she can rewind him further he's damaged again, and the cycle repeats endlessly.
...It's actually a really cool idea.

Also she's not an instant heal button, because her quirk rewinds way too fast and she can't control it.
She only starts being broken once she can selectively target areas to rewind and the speed of her rewind (which I hope doesn't happen for a loooooong time, or at all).
And the implication is also that she can't rewind a rewind.
Rewinding an object into a previous state erases the current state, so there's no way to rewind back to it, because the 'target state' doesn't exist anymore.
So no magical recovery for Mirio if I'm right.

I hope I'm right :p

DNAbro

My Hero Academia

I don't think she can fix Mirio, even more so with this last chapter.

Deku currently is doing something constantly accumulating damage -> eri reverts him back to undamaged state. He's destroying himself faster than eri's quirk can destroy him. Which is very contrived but I'm accepting it.

In Mirio's case Eri's quirk has already destroyed his quirk. It's not the situation Deku is in where he's damaging himself to hax 100% out of it. If she starts rewinding Mirio maybe his physical injuries will go away up to a point but then it will only start destroying him. His Quirk should already be reverted since it was localized to attack it only. There should be no rewinding it since it was rewinded. If Eri had full control over her Quirk, maybe she could decide how far and where exactly to rewind rather than the whole body at an uncontrolled rate, but I don't think she could undo what happened to Mirio.

Of course I could be wrong and he will get it back but that's what I see.

LeleSocho

Banned
DTL will love this Soma chapter.

No that's wrong. If Eri were to 'heal' him, he would be rewound to a state without injuries from OfA, so he would also lose all his physical training for the last... months? I forgot the timeline.
Not even factoring in that she can't control her quirk at all and would probably kill him in the process.

Him reverting to a pre-OfA state wouldn't be so bad, he was super buff at the time too:
Also most of his "training" was mental as on how to use his power well and strategies to not self destruct.
In my opinion he'll revert to an healthy body again.

upandaway

Just quoting myself from the MHA thread:
What does rewinding to a non-injured state mean though. If she's rewinding his body then it should be the same whether she rewinds a healthy body to a healthy body or injured to healthy because she's rewinding time. Or at least that's what it seemed like

Ascheroth

What does rewinding to a non-injured state mean though. If she's rewinding his body then it should be the same whether she rewinds a healthy body to a healthy body or injured to healthy because she's rewinding time. Or at least that's what it seemed like
It makes sense in my head, but I don't know how to better explain it :D Fantasy science is tricky.
Shouldn't Eri's quirk also be able to move forward considering those quirk-enhancing drugs?

She's essentially Crazy Diamond Requiem lol
I forgot about those 🤔

Robot x Laserbeam

Man, did not see that ending coming. As someone who likes golf, I'm kinda glad we get to skip his training on basic shit like putting.

Thud

Robot x Laserbeam 30
Haha wow. Normally manga such as these show their highschool drama.

Skip straight to the pro world.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
MHA I have like a thousand little nitpicks but hot damn I am excited for Deku to drop the limiters and go the full 100%!!! Just kinda wish it was against someone... threatening.

One Piece So ever since he was a baby, he has never laid down? Ever? That's dumb super dumb but honestly, that's the dumb I kind of want from One Piece.

Promised Neverland Normally I'd side with Ray, but they all said the same thing back at the farm and it all worked out fine in the end. Sometimes I do feel like the fact this is a shonen story holds it back from a certain degree of "dark"

Black Clover Boo! Kinda sad the fight's ended already, but I'm more curious about the aftermath tbh

Dr Stone I did not think that would resolve itself so quickly. Pleasantly surprised actually!

I wonder if Eri could give Mirio his quirk back with her rewinding powers, by rewinding just enough to before he got hit, or if that wouldn't work given her powers are what caused him to lose his abilities in the first place

Principate

Saint Titanfall
MHA I have like a thousand little nitpicks but hot damn I am excited for Deku to drop the limiters and go the full 100%!!! Just kinda wish it was against someone... threatening.

One Piece So ever since he was a baby, he has never laid down? Ever? That's dumb super dumb but honestly, that's the dumb I kind of want from One Piece.

Promised Neverland Normally I'd side with Ray, but they all said the same thing back at the farm and it all worked out fine in the end. Sometimes I do feel like the fact this is a shonen story holds it back from a certain degree of "dark"

Black Clover Boo! Kinda sad the fight's ended already, but I'm more curious about the aftermath tbh

Dr Stone I did not think that would resolve itself so quickly. Pleasantly surprised actually!

Dude was born stood up and sat the fuck down. Just fucking imagine this. There should a gif out there somewhere of this event.

Chase17

Robot X Laserbeam

3 year timeskip already?
200.webp

Might have to check out the scans for this. Figured that the series was on the pro trajectory after Yozan won last chapter, but jumping in the very next chapter seems extreme lol.

This clearly wasn't the main plan since there was all of the talk about the camp that never happened. So I guess either Fujimaki (1) figured this was the best course for the series and changed his plan, (2) series in trouble and this is a last attempt to save it, or (3) rushing to a proper Yozan match to end it. Series sales wouldn't make me think that it is in danger so maybe it is 1. Skipping to pro could be good for the series. Two pro sport series in jump now.

Looking forward to Full Drive next week.

Zweizer

Banned
Gokicha!! ch50

img000008aesm2.png

Holy shit a new Gokicha chapter! It's been like two years. Nice that Gokicha gets treated somewhat nicely for once.

Kingdom ch535

Mouten more than deserved it.

It's a switch. When ippo gets punched he gets wonky or unconscious even. Doing something like drawing a straight line is easy because the switch is off.

Look at the fight and how many times he tripped. Ippo doesn't remember going down. Ippo doesn't remember being punched. Ippo doesn't remember the things his coach taught. The fact that he's so focused on the dempsey is his only drive now.

ugh. If it's a switch, and not a fake out, he needs to stop boxing... effectively ending the series. So George wrote this for decades just so his main character can get brain damaged? wtf man

Isn't RxL doing well rankings and sales wise? I doubt it's at risk of getting axed.

Ranking wise not so much, it has found itself staying in the bottom half of the group for the past month+ or so. Sales is even harder to get a good idea of, first vol sold extremely well for a new series at 59K first week. But, the 2nd volume saw completely flat sales growth for its first week sales ( same amount of days on sale as 1st vol) at 59K also. Flat growth for a new series that supposedly is popular is not normal for Jump. Vol 1's giant sales were likely strongly attributed to Kuroko fans and Fujoshi's; so RxL may be having difficulty cultivating its own fanbase is my guess for the reason for this possible random time jump.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Ranking wise not so much, it has found itself staying in the bottom half of the group for the past month+ or so. Sales is even harder to get a good idea of, first vol sold extremely well for a new series at 59K first week. But, the 2nd volume saw completely flat sales growth for its first week sales ( same amount of days on sale as 1st vol) at 59K also. Flat growth for a new series that supposedly is popular is not normal for Jump. Vol 1's giant sales were likely strongly attributed to Kuroko fans and Fujoshi's; so RxL may be having difficulty cultivating its own fanbase is my guess for the reason for this possible random time jump.

I mean Kimetsu no Yaiba sold 30k for many volumes before it started to increase in sales. It's actually a noted problem with Jump's quick to cancel methodology mentioned by a previous jump editor. I highly doubt a quick cancel was even remotely considered for RxL. Spring Weapon sells like 10-20k per volume is still there 1 year afterwards, Hinomaru Zumou is in it's 3rd year now in it's second season and sells at absolute most 50k per volume. It's sales are not the problem.

I mean Kimetsu no Yaiba sold 30k for many volumes before it started to increase in sales. It's actually a noted problem with Jump's quick to cancel methodology mentioned by a previous jump editor. I highly doubt a quick cancel was even remotely considered for RxL. Spring Weapon sells like 10-20k per volume is still there 1 year afterwards, Hinomaru Zumou is in it's 3rd year now in it's second season and sells at absolute most 50k per volume. It's sales are not the problem.

No but clearly the series wasn't planning to pivot to Robo as a pro like this. It wasted time setting up a lot of plot lines about robo making the high school team, the one guys former injury, taking the place of one of the core 4, building up Robo's endurance, and some of the kids possibly figuring our who Robo's father is that the series seemingly just dropped.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
No but clearly the series wasn't planning to pivot to Robo as a pro like this. It wasted time setting up a lot of plot lines about robo making the high school team, the one guys former injury, taking the place of one of the core 4, building up Robo's endurance, and some of the kids possibly figuring our who Robo's father is that the series seemingly just dropped.

I'm not saying any of that's normal, It seems like either an editor pionerred or an author pionerred pivot.

Top Bottom