• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2015 (Mar 16 - Mar 22)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Here we go... I kinda suck at this but let's do it.

[PS4] Hardware (28 days) - 98k
[PS3+PSV] Super Robot Wars Z III Tengoku Hen (25 days) - 128k
[3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles (25 days) - 86k
[3DS] Bravely Second (4 days) - 110k
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia V II (4 days) - 33k

That's because yesterday's Gold Box Deal on Amazon Japan featured Xbone, with 20% discount for Halo: The Master Chief Collection bundle and 10% discount for Xbone + Kinect bundle.
http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/44053188.html

oh thx for explaination
I was trying to figure out what was happening on there, such as huge discount, but everything was normal and then I realized it was already April 1st in Japan :D

I wonder when huge price discount will hit XBO.... or maybe after selling first shipment it will become rare cause m$ won't restock?? :eek:

Road

PREDICTION LEAGUE APRIL 2015

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Mar 30 to Apr 26):

[PS4] Hardware (28 days) - 88,888
[PS3+PSV] Super Robot Wars Z III Tengoku Hen (25 days) - 333,333
[3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles (25 days) - 88,888
[3DS] Bravely Second (4 days) - 188,888
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia V II (4 days) - 33,333

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deadline: April 1st 2015 09:00 am (EST)
t1427893200z1.png

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized XB was only on N3DS. My prediction was way of, haha.

noobie

[PS4] Hardware (28 days) - 85,000
[PS3+PSV] Super Robot Wars Z III Tengoku Hen (25 days) - 275,000
[3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles (25 days) - 69,000
[3DS] Bravely Second (4 days) - 105,000
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia V II (4 days) - 30,000

noobie

Btw can someone tell me what is KanColle Kai and why it is having large pre-orders while being still far from launch? is it a new IP, if not then how much the previous versions have done?

mao2

Imageepoch's official websites are no longer accessible.
http://imageepoch.co.jp/
http://jrpg.jp/

oh thx for explaination
I was trying to figure out what was happening on there, such as huge discount, but everything was normal and then I realized it was already April 1st in Japan :D

I wonder when huge price discount will hit XBO.... or maybe after selling first shipment it will become rare cause m$ won't restock?? :eek:
NP. It's actually quite fitting to see that on April Fools' Day LOL.

Btw can someone tell me what is KanColle Kai and why it is having large pre-orders while being still far from launch? is it a new IP, if not then how much the previous versions have done?

Games targeted towards otaku have typically large preorders at the beginning, because of limited editions and such. Also, it's a popular IP on mobile.

Vita will never have a million seller if things don't change
and considering PSP had just one brand over 1mln despite a large userbase I can't imagine Vita can reach that result

Kan Colle if sells more than 100k would be a great result....

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
[PS4] Hardware (28 days) - 91,234
[PS3+PSV] Super Robot Wars Z III Tengoku Hen (25 days) - 322,076
[3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles (25 days) - 83,555
[3DS] Bravely Second (4 days) - 170,908
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia V II (4 days) - 36,647

small44

Vita will never have a million seller if things don't change
and considering PSP had just one brand over 1mln despite a large userbase I can't imagine Vita can reach that result

Kan Colle if sells more than 100k would be a great result....

It had 60 points on comg 149 weeks before it's release it gain 17 points yesterday if it's not a part of april fool

oh wow just saw that.....21 points in one day and its 150 days from release. How big is Kancolle in Japan? Maybe it had a sudden spike due to preorders just being open.

XDDX

Predictions:

[PS4] Hardware (28 days) - 81,111
[PS3+PSV] Super Robot Wars Z III Tengoku Hen (25 days) - 255,555
[3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles (25 days) - 70,000
[3DS] Bravely Second (4 days) - 133,333
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia V II (4 days) - 25,555

oh wow just saw that.....21 points in one day and its 150 days from release. How big is Kancolle in Japan? Maybe it had a sudden spike due to preorders just being open.

It's hard to describe how big it is...

It's probably the biggest new IP in recent years for the very niche audience...

By comparison, Youkai is the biggest new IP for a mainstream audience.

L~A

if kancolle kai gets delayed again maybe it'll land right in time for the second anime season

Kinda strange they didn't go directly for 24 episodes... It's not like it's based on a manga, and the IP itself is really popular.

But yeah, second season will probably air in october (january at the latest).

crinale

KanColle is a F2P browser game (and it doesn't work with mobile devices), and you can pretty much keep playing without paying a penny. IMHO that's the biggest reason it got so much audience. Many of my friends has reached to end-game without spending any money.
It's worth mentioning there aren't many thing to "play" with for the first place :p

Considering this I really wonder how many people will actually pay for a package game, even if Kadokawa changes the game significantly so it is more playable.

L~A

You know, I was surprised / disappointed the game was a port of the browser game. Some action game would've been better imo.

Oh, and since Euro folks are gonna ask: DST, so numbers now come one hour later at 3PM CET :)

duckroll

Kinda strange they didn't go directly for 24 episodes... It's not like it's based on a manga, and the IP itself is really popular.

Probably not possible. Production was already rushed as it was, so it's clear that like many other anime adaptations, this was rushed to production to serve the needs of the sponsors. You can't even really throw more money at it if you don't have the lead time. They're rerunning the season right after it ended too, so they would clearly like for there to be more new episodes. :p

You know, I was surprised / disappointed the game was a port of the browser game. Some action game would've been better imo.

Yeah, Puzzle & Dragons 3DS should have been a fighting game too. Was really disappointed by that.

xehanort

First time joining.

[PS4] Hardware (28 days) - 100,000
[PS3+PSV] Super Robot Wars Z III Tengoku Hen (25 days) - 350,000
[3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles (25 days) - 70,000
[3DS] Bravely Second (4 days) - 150,000
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia V II (4 days) - 45,000

Bruno MB

[PS4] Hardware (28 days) - 83.000
[PS3+PSV] Super Robot Wars Z III Tengoku Hen (25 days) - 315.000
[3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles (25 days) - 70.000
[3DS] Bravely Second (4 days) - 135.000
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia V II (4 days) - 27.500

Eolz

I know people already replied, but you can compare KanColle as the new Touhou :p

Fisico

Awww too late...
EDIT : Actually not too late, I forgot the hour changed where I live last week-end
Putting it in spoiler now

[PS4] Hardware (28 days) - 86.000
[PS3+PSV] Super Robot Wars Z III Tengoku Hen (25 days) - 342.000
[3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles (25 days) - 77.000
[3DS] Bravely Second (4 days) - 144.000
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia V II (4 days) - 30.333

HGH

Banned
Touhou hasn't come out on the Vita yet though and it's never been sold by a proper publisher.
Speaking of which, when those games eventually do come out, I'm assuming they're gonna be digital only, will they still be trackable?

Shinriji

It's sad because when compared to Touhou that actually have gameplay, Kantai Collection literary about the waifus.

Not the vita version. The last media released looks like a version of the old turn based war simulation, like Nobunaga Ambition, Gundam: Gihren Greed or Daisenryaku.

Hitsukara

Neo Member

[PS4] Hardware (28 days) - 100.000
[PS3+PSV] Super Robot Wars Z III Tengoku Hen (25 days) - 350.000
[3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles (25 days) - 65.000
[3DS] Bravely Second (4 days) - 175.000
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia V II (4 days) - 30.000

Wonder how it did digitally.

I think its safe to assume these days another 10% or so added with digital. Here in the US since it unlocked so early I would move it to 15% digital add on.

All numbers seem to be within the 9-15-20% range, depending on the game. Not sure about Japan though, so i'd go with the low end of the scale.

150k opening for Bloodborne would be pretty incredible. What was Dark Souls / II opening there?

I think its safe to assume these days another 10% or so added with digital. Here in the US since it unlocked so early I would move it to 15% digital add on.

All numbers seem to be within the 9-15-20% range, depending on the game. Not sure about Japan though, so i'd go with the low end of the scale.

150k opening for Bloodborne would be pretty incredible. What was Dark Souls / II opening there?

279k for Dark Souls 1 iirc and 255k for Dark Souls 2. Incredible ? Not really.

PS4 has a real install base issue in Japan. Optimistically, any PS4 SKU right now can at best do around 50-60% of a potential PS3 SKU.

Top Bottom