• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2015 (Mar 16 - Mar 22)

HGH

Banned
Gonna be hilarious if when Makai Shin Trillion outsells Disgaea 5. The betrayal and backstab will be complete.

Well, considering the genre and the fact it's on Vita that's not too hard, but maybe you have to compare it to Awakened Fate Ultimatum instead.
Which will be just as easy if not easier to surpass.

Take a look at the hardware sales too, and you will begin to understand why most of us consider this good.

Danganronpa is saving them, I see.

Take a look at my post: I consider this good.
But there's a metric between incredible and terrible.
If the game sold as much as previous entries, yes, given the userbase, it would've been incredible.
150k considering the userbase is good.

Poor Disgaea, I was a big fan of the first three games... Kinda sad to think that this might be the end.

At least Senran Kagura seems to have done amazing.

Yeah, this may truly be a point of no return for Disgaea.
I still buy them, and i still have a great time, but it might just be time to move on...

Take a look at my post: I consider this good.
But there's a metric between incredible and terrible.
If the game sold as much as previous entries, yes, given the userbase, it would've been incredible.
150k considering the userbase is good.
I think those who were calling it incredible expected far worse. E.g for me, I wasn't really expecting it to sell 150k+ first week, but it did. Now I don't really have any expectation when it comes to its legs, but if it can hold well, I will call that an incredible result, even if the game ends up selling less than DS1/2.

Eolz

PSV 閃乱 Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - girls of selection - (including Limited Edition) Marvelous 15/03/26 44,548

PS4 閃乱 Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - girls of selection - (including Limited Edition) Marvelous 15/03/26 30,247

PS4 SKU did much better than I thought.

What is Senran Kagura at on M.Create? (Can't get on that site at work).

Famitsu has it at 75,346... seems pretty much bang-on what was said on twitter (100k - of which 10k is digital, and 80% sellthrough of 90k = 72k).

Down from Shinovi Versus, but still.

Yep, better than expected on PS4, but still not as much as some thought. Great for Marvelous though!

hiska-kun

Media Create Week 13, 2015 {23.03.15 - 29.03.15}

Media Create Software

01./00. [PS4] Bloodborne <RPG> (Sony Computer Entertainment) - 152.567 / NEW
02./00. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Lost Song <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) - 139.298 / NEW
03./00. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) - 97.362 / NEW
04./00. [3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest <ACT> (Square Enix) - 76.858 / NEW
05./00. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 <SPT> (Konami) - 62.197 / NEW
06./00. [PS3] Sword Art Online: Lost Song <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) - 55.090 / NEW
07./00. [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) - 54.308 / NEW
08./00. [PS4] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) - 46.693 / NEW
09./00. [PSV] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 <SPT> (Konami) - 46.326 / NEW
10./00. [PSV] Senran Kagura Estival Versus <ACT> (Marvelous) - 44.548 / NEW
11./00. [3DS] Kuroko's Basketball: Ties to Future <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) - 35.415 / NEW
12./00. [PS4] Senran Kagura Estival Versus <ACT> (Marvelous) - 30.247 / NEW
13./00. [PS4] Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) - 22.725 / NEW

14./05. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Mojang AB) - 21.069 / 57.220
15./02. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 <ADV> (Capcom) - 19.692 / 93.065
16./09. [WIU] Mario Party 10 <ETC> (Nintendo) - 17.433 / 89.078
17./06. [PS3] Yakuza 0 <ADV> (Sega) - 13.813 / 189.203
18./11. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) - 13.365 / 110.291
19./14. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5) - 12.240 / 2.563.478
20./03. [PS4] Battlefield: Hardline <ACT> (Electronic Arts) - 12.149 / 80.971

Top 20

PSV - 6
PS4 - 5
PS3 - 5
3DS - 3
WiiU - 1

Media Create Hardware

PS4 - 45.446
3DS - 31.229
Vita - 27.032
Wii U - 6.698
PS3 - 6.652
Xbox One - 250

I think those who were calling it incredible expected far worse. E.g for me, I wasn't really expecting it to sell 150k+ first week, but it did. Now I don't really have any expectation when it comes to its legs, but if it can hold well, I will call that an incredible result, even if the game ends up selling less than DS1/2.

Anyone expecting a lot less than that was just expecting bad sales then.
I mean, after two entries selling 250K+ on first week, I don't see how this could've gone wrong :p

Anyone expecting a lot less than that was just expecting bad sales then.
I mean, after two entries selling 250K+ on first week, I don't see how this could've gone wrong :p
It was a new IP and is an entirely different game than Dark Souls. More offensive than defensive. Not exactly the same at all.

Now if DS 3 releases and sells less than previous entries, that would be a bad result.

Alrus

Damn that Disgaea number is absolutely awful, why the hell didn't they go with PS3/PS4 or even PS4/PSV.

hiska-kun

I don't have the computer to make the hardware table. I'm on the phone.
If somebody wants to make a new thread with my numbers, just do it.

Since it seems Chris has internet problems again

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't have the computer to make the hardware table. I'm on the phone.
If somebody wants to make a new thread with my numbers, just do it.

Since it seems Chris has internet problems again

I'm on it. In about 10 minutes, it'll be opened.

convo

Damn that Disgaea number is absolutely awful, why the hell didn't they go with PS3/PS4 or even PS4/PSV.

They failed once they decided to have that day as release day. End of fiscal year is not a good idea for that game.

Percy

Banned
Looks like Bloodborne did good. Glad to see it, it's a truly fantastic game that deserves it's success.

Shame about Disgaea 5 though. Guess it was too soon to be going PS4 only for that series with the install base being what it is currently. Hope for NIS' sake the Vita version
that definitely isn't happening but is
does better.

Kyoufu

http://gamestalk.net/dqh2/

Is this an April Fools joke? Seems really early for a sequel.
Also, it's on Vita.

I'm going with April Fools. Seems way too early when they haven't finished with post-release DLC yet.

Either way, it's a no-brainer, but it just seems so early to announce.

Then again, it's on their 1 million slime promotion page. I guess it could be real?

crinale

I'm going with April Fools. Seems way too early when they haven't finished with post-release DLC yet.

Either way, it's a no-brainer, but it just seems so early to announce.

Then again, it's on their 1 million slime promotion page. I guess it could be real?

BTW it was 10 million, so people really used their index fingers hard :D
Anyway we gotta wait until 4/1 ends..

SgtCobra

Great debut for Bloodborne, people expecting a lot more are crazy I tell you, crazy :p You should look at the PS4 situation and the game itself and then perhaps you'll think twice about your expectations.

How did the other Souls games sell in their first week?

should we prepare the RIP NIS thread now?
No I think they'll be "fine", while the numbers aren't anything to write home about they still have other IP's which should be profitable. I can only guess that when all is said and done the game itself also will be profitable albeit not that much.

ZoddGutts

Didn't they say it was because the PS3/PSV aren't powerful enough to handle the game or some nonsense? Guess there only other choice would be
Not WiiU but PC.

Redhood

http://gamestalk.net/dqh2/

Is this an April Fools joke? Seems really early for a sequel.
Also, it's on Vita.

It's not a troll, it's part of a minigame they have at the site where everyone kills slimes to unlock the teaser: http://www.dragonquest.jp/heroes/slime/index.html

It's real. I've never seen a company announce a sequel to a popular new game and then go "JUST KIDDING" after that.

What? I wonder why they did not attempt vita with the first game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's not a troll, it's part of a minigame they have at the site where everyone kills slimes to unlock the teaser: http://www.dragonquest.jp/heroes/slime/index.html

It's real. I've never seen a company announce a sequel to a popular new game and then go "JUST KIDDING" after that.

It's just that...right after the launch of the first one? Just one month since the original launched. That's not usual, at all. Doing a bit of research, the only case where something similar happened was with the second Layton, but the game was already assured to be a trilogy. Still, the Vita logo in there is strangely misfitting. Who doubts that there will be a Dragon Quest Heroes 2, but announced already? Let's see what happens, at this point.

Top Bottom