• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 18, 2015 (Apr 27 - May 2)

3DS version of that MonsterStrike mobile game announced. And an anime.

makes sense to strike while this game is still crazy popular

I wouldn't mind playing a non iap monster strike on the 3ds but I really doubt it'll ever come west unless it gets bundled with a pokemon theme monster strike or something

Sandfox

So what should we expect from The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2? The remake of the first game is coming first so that could potentially help out, but Disgaea 5's sales aren't exactly inspiring confidence in me.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
3DS version of that MonsterStrike mobile game announced. And an anime.

How does Monster Strike now compare to P&D at its peak btw? Right now, did they announced whether the 3DS version is just like a simple port or something? Or something bigger than that?

Anime news network has an English version of the announcement if that helps: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ile-rpg-gets-tv-anime-3ds-port-in-2015/.88082. It seems to confirm what you're seeing Mpl90.

Takao

Banned
How does Monster Strike now compare to P&D at its peak btw? Right now, did they announced whether the 3DS version is just like a simple port or something? Or something bigger than that?

That information came from a financial report, so the only info is that Monster Strike is coming to 3DS and an anime has been greenlit.

mao2

Looks like the package version of Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus failed to meet Marvelous' expectations.
http://pdf.irpocket.com/C7844/Q8aV/Iw3d/zcPs.pdf
また、ダウンロード専用で販売していた「デカ盛り 閃乱カグラ(PS Vita)」のパッケージ版を平成26年11月に発売し、新作タイトル「閃乱カグラ ESTIVAL VERSUS -少女達の選択-(PS4/PS Vita)」を平成27年3月に発売いたしましたが、こちらも計画未達となりました。

Also due to weak sales of Senran Kagura 2, Bakumatsu Rock: Ultra Soul and Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven, in addition to Kaio: King of Pirates' cancellation, operating income for their consumer game business was 502 million yen, down 77.9% compared to the previous fiscal year.

However, their online game business (browser and mobile games) did extremely well, with operating income of 3,815 million yen, up 413.7%.

Looks like the package version of Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus failed to meet Marvelous' expectations.

Also due to weak sales of Senran Kagura 2, Bakumatsu Rock: Ultra Soul and Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven, in addition to Kaio: King of Pirates' cancellation, operating income for their consumer game business was 502 million yen, down 77.9% compared to the previous fiscal year.

Blimey. That's a lot of failed games in one year.

casiopao

Muhahahaha. So my prediction for Monster Strike 3DS is correct.^_^ now, I can only wait for inevitable Shironeko project for 3DS especially after the crazy Norio and Shokotan event there.^_^

I would love 3DS version of Hortensia Saga played like Suikoden or maybe FE/Langrisser though Sega. The loreeee is sooo good.^_^

then there will be a Mario-themed 2nd game that does significantly worse than the first? :p

Wutttt who care aboyt Mario-themed? Give me Kirby theme this time.

crinale

It's interesting that Capcom is releasing Monster Hunter Stories, while ex-Capcom guy is releasing Monster Strike to the same platform.
I know they only have similar names and they are totally different games

Sandfox

Now to see what Marvelous has planned to make up for this poor year.
Muhahahaha. So my prediction for Monster Strike 3DS is correct.^_^ now, I can only wait for inevitable Shironeko project for 3DS especially after the crazy Norio and Shokotan event there.^_^

I would love 3DS version of Hortensia Saga played like Suikoden or maybe FE/Langrisser though Sega. The loreeee is sooo good.^_^

Wutttt who care aboyt Mario-themed? Give me Kirby theme this time.

I'm surprised they didn't go Pokemon-themed.

mao2

Nah, they had a good year actually. Despite the disappointments in consumer game business, overall they made a net income of 2,178 million yen, up 15.7% compared to the previous fiscal year.

Orgen

The link says EV didn't meet expectation but SK2 sold abysmally.. :(

I'm not implying that SK sells better to a Nintendo audience... I'm implying that SK has no audience for now (the +130.000 sellers were more an exception than the norm)

casiopao

I'm surprised they didn't go Pokemon-themed.

Marvelous is almost 100% sure going to do better this year with Popolocrois x Bokujou Monogatari.^_^

And no for Pokemon. We need more and moarrr love for other Ninty IP like Kirby. It is colorful enough to attract both male and female demographic there. Pokemon of course also just launched Shuffle and Pokemon Rumble World. I don't think adding more Pokemon is a nice idea.

mao2

Main mistake was not porting SK1 and SK2 to Vita.
Not sure if that'll help though. Like what Takao said, Senran Kagura fans were probably burnt out. Also, Estival Versus was released on March 26 alongside titles like Bloodborne, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, Sword Art Online: Lost Song and many others, so yeah...

Eolz

However, their online game business (browser and mobile games) did extremely well, with operating income of 3,815 million yen, up 413.7%.

Not surprising. They have their expectations too high in Japan for SK. At least it seems to be doing sort of well in the west...
They already blamed most of these titles in previous quarters too.

Not really. The mistake was putting all the marketing on Shinovi Versus and thinking the franchise will sell well without that help for the other games.
And if you hear from some fans only playing on Vita that they don't like 1&2 gameplay anyway...

A mistake, maybe, but certainly not the main mistake. Four games in such a short time for a series with a low ceiling to begin with was the main mistake. They didn't even have the advantage of launching alongside the anime anymore. Far as I know, EV got a single OVA.

EV dropped off pretty quick iirc....whats its LTD?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
They spread the fanbase of the series thin on the platforms by releasing Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus on the Vita. What were they expecting?

casiopao

They spread the fanbase of the series thin on the platforms by releasing Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus on the Vita. What were they expecting?

Actually, I don't think the problem is the Vita here. It is mostly the product itself. There are a limit how far can fanservice can carry a series if u ask me. Especially when the series is never that big.

Hoped that their next Valkyrie ecchi game will do better this time.

ixpZW6Wdy0fpa.gif

Nyoro SF

Actually, I don't think the problem is the Vita here. It is mostly the product itself. There are a limit how far can fanservice can carry a series if u ask me. Especially when the series is never that big.

Hoped that their next Valkyrie ecchi game will do better this time.

It is true that there's normally a hard cap on how much a fanservice title can sell, but if that's the case then there's no way that Valkyrie will do better. The fanservice on that is ramped up 100x higher than SK :p

I don't really have an answer for EV's underwhelming performance. The game looks and plays great. The audience is definitely higher on Sony platforms, but not enough to carry the whole series I guess. Only option left is to port it to Steam sell a shit ton of merchandise and call it a day with the overall series.

DeNA FY 2014 results

http://v4.eir-parts.net/DocumentTemp/20150513_040551512_gt03pr45ucimcljlhwe1mo2o_0.pdf
http://v4.eir-parts.net/DocumentTemp/20150513_040605833_pq45o3uzblcfvd45ougeipur_0.pdf

Everything down.

--------------------

Mixi FY 2014 results

http://v4.eir-parts.net/DocumentTemp/20150513_042945277_wmirlmrvlwhhuen0wpudjj45_0.pdf

Revenue: 113 billion yen, up 828%. Operating profit: 52.6 billion yen, up 10,871%. Net income: 33 billion yen, up 14.422%.

Monster Strike saved this company.

sörine

Banned
probably this is the key : Nintendo might have wanted to publish the game by theirself, Mojang didn't want that so they didn't make an agreement

just a supposition, of course, but we all know how Nintendo cares about their games and they are not so much interested in pushing for other company products
I sort of doubt that, Nintendo seems to have no issue pushing things like Monster Hunter, Shin Megami Tensei, Sonic, Dragon Quest and other 3rd party games without publishing them. They're one of the most cooperative 1st parties in this area actually, although it tends to be more with established Japanese devs so maybe it's an issue elsewhere. Although their indie track record is pretty good too.

Wiggy

sörine;163725172 said:
I sort of doubt that, Nintendo seems to have no issue pushing things like Monster Hunter, Shin Megami Tensei, Sonic, Dragon Quest and other 3rd party games without publishing them. They're one of the most cooperative 1st parties in this area actually, although it tends to be more with established Japanese devs so maybe it's an issue elsewhere. Although their indie track record is pretty good too.

Weren't they all exclusive though?

sörine;163725172 said:
Wow, look at all these exclusives! (even in the case of indies, they're usually for games that release first or at the same time on Nintendo platforms...)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Well the 3DS's summer line up is becoming quite nice in Japan o_O.

So far we have:
6/11 - Rhythm Tengoku: The Best+
6/11 - DBZ: Extreme Butouden
6/25 - Fire Emblem If
7/11 - Youkai Watch Busters
8/27 - Dragon Quest 8 3DS

right?

Top Bottom