• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2015 (Jan 05 - Jan 11)

mao2

Capcom must really have a vendetta against Vita.
Sengoku Basara mainline games were never ported to handhelds before though.

On a side note, it's nice to see that PS4 is already getting plenty of love from Capcom.
. Deep Down
. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
. DmC: Definitive Edition
. Resident Evil HD Remaster
. Resident Evil: Revelations 2
. Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi
. Street Fighter V
. Ultra Street Fighter IV

zeromcd73

On a side note, it's nice to see that PS4 is already getting plenty of love from Capcom.
. Deep Down
. Street Fighter V
Isn't SFIV ultimate PS4 port being done by Sony?

zeromcd73

Famitsu preview is out:

- 2x special interviews:

1. Kobayashi (Capcom-Dragons Dogma) x Baba (Bamco-Tales of)
2. Ichimura (Square Enix-Dragon Quest) x Yokoyama (Sega-Yakuza)

- Interviews will have some surprising information to share

- A scoop on a very suprising brand new exclusive game

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

. Deep Down
. Street Fighter V

And this is just Capcom; it is really clear how PS4 is and will be perceived in Japan, not only compared to the Wii U, but to me also compared to Vita. I still think tht it will be able to catch the Wii U this year, and Vita next year, beating both in terms of LTD sales.
It is simply the (second) place to be for players in Japan.

Takao

Banned
Toukiden Kiwami coming to PS4 on April 23. 6,800 yen price... *gulp*

will this sell more than the psp version
only time will tell

also, where did you get that xenoverse xbox rumour from

First they hated Sony, now they only hate Vita.

Waiting for the next chapters of this novel.

girl pls
we at the end of this novel

why does that matter
the last psp spinoff didn't do so hot
sb4 didn't do so hot
the brand (and musou + clones) have seen better days
don't know if capcom would risk more brand damage by doing another spinoff
if they did it would be a 3ds game too

hiska-kun

Tsutaya

- Pre-orders for Tales of Zestiria are favorable and it's expected to top the charts next week.
- The public interest for Legend if Legacy is high, and pre-orders are good.
- Pre-orders for Touch! Kirby started to increase after the airing commercials.

zeromcd73

will this sell more than the psp version
only time will tell

also, where did you get that xenoverse xbox rumour from
The second gameplay trailer uploaded on the 12th or 13th only mentioned PS3 and PS4, so did the youtube comment.

It looks like they changed it, though. It was posted on gamestalk and hachimachi, but on phone and hate surfing the web on it to find them >.>

Tsutaya

- Pre-orders for Takes of Zestiria are favorable and it's expected to top the charts next week.

*wipes tear*

L~A

Tsutaya

- Pre-orders for Takes of Zestiria are favorable and it's expected to top the charts next week.

Now that's pretty, pretty good. Looks like word of mouth is really gonna be the key. Don't mess it up, FuRyu.

About Kirby, I'm surprised they just started airing commercials... probably right after last week ND, I presume?

Anyway, go go, LoL! ;)

Tsutaya

5eff1c377f48790ca75a9a9878660481eeb4fde0172a2ad49505dc15890486c8.jpg

zeromcd73

Not sure if this is related, but Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi was announced for PS3/PS4 and is releasing in Summer: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=975521

Given the name, it's presumably an expanded re-release of Sengoku Basara 4, continuing Capcom's trend of actually being unable to make new retail console games.
Nah, its a different game from next weeks.

And yeah, it's basically the same game with a couple more playable characters, a new system called battle roulette, and 1080p 60fps on PS4.

Also I G are involved so probably a new opening >.>

Kid Ying

Now that's pretty, pretty good. Looks like word of mouth is really gonna be the key. Don't mess it up, FuRyu.

About Kirby, I'm surprised they just started airing commercials... probably right after last week ND, I presume?

Anyway, go go, LoL! ;)
Last week, but before the ND. You can watch it on youtube. Nintendo is banking hard on the message that you can play alone using the gamepad and together at the TV. I guess most of its games being multiplayer helps it.

random25

Tsutaya

- Pre-orders for Tales of Zestiria are favorable and it's expected to top the charts next week.

Go Legend of Legacy!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks like LoL will perform as expected...would be a nice success story !!

Vena

Tsutaya

Well. That's good news. Now that that's out of the way, everyone please return to melancholy. The live stream of LoL last night really got me excited for the game, and if they don't localize it I'll simply have to import it. Not like I can't read, slowly, Japanese.

Unfortunately MC threads are becoming dangerously similar to a certain Comg thread in the forum of a banned place.

And your contribution to MC sales thread is...? Because during slow weeks people will focus on smaller titles, which is perfectly fine. LoL might be an unexpected small hit, and this is a positive news if the game is good enough.

Fisico

Tsutaya

A comparison with Xillia 2 would have been better, it's sitting at 444pts right now on Comg, we're probably going to see an opening in the 300-350k range.

monpiece

Banned
And your contribution to MC sales thread is...? Because during slow weeks people will focus on smaller titles, which is perfectly fine. LoL might be an unexpected small hit, and this is a positive news if the game is good enough.

If we are going to start judging contribution to threads, I see your contributions as superfluous, biased and mostly wrong, but I won't start flame wars because you say things I don't agree with.

Besides, everybody that has seen the thread knows that the Comg thread I mentioned has nothing to do with small games, and not even about games themselves.

Famitsu preview is out:

- 2x special interviews:

1. Kobayashi (Capcom-Dragons Dogma) x Baba (Bamco-Tales of)
2. Ichimura (Square Enix-Dragon Quest) x Yokoyama (Sega-Yakuza)

- Interviews will have some surprising information to share

- A scoop on a very suprising brand new exclusive game

Dragons Dogma 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does the "x" exactly mean. They are interviewing them both at the same time? Weird combo's if you ask me.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Dragons Dogma 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does the "x" exactly mean. They are interviewing them both at the same time? Weird combo's if you ask me.

They did one not too long ago with Sakaguchi and Kitase.

You can read the translation here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143742373&postcount=267

I get the impression it's an interview series about where the industry is heading by interviewing two people who are long time veterans with upcoming projects that are similar in one way or another.

Like Sakaguchi and Kitase are both major console RPG stalwarts who are now helming mobile RPGs.

Takao

Banned
It's worth noting that Kobayashi's Sengoku Basara and Baba's Tales of have a crossover between the two.

Painfully confused about which year it is, SCEJA has announced three PS Vita "Debut Packs:"

Pre-Installed Content:
- Chain Chronicle V
- Magica Wars Zanbatsu
- Monster Hunter Frontier G (trial included)

+ codes for DLC in the above games and Phantasy Star Online 2, as well as a free theme for God Eater 2: Rage Burst.

Includes 16GB memory card and a 15-day trial subscription to PlayStation Plus. Available February 19th for 19,980 yen.

Japan must really not like 3G Vita 'cause SCEJ has had leftovers for a while.

L~A

This week

XB One => ~300

すごいじゃん

I know I've already said that a couple of days ago, but unless Microsoft is planning some sort of revival (unlikely), the X1 is probably gonna be discontinued before the end of the year. Even if they don't, I'm not sure there'll be many retailers willing to stock the thing... actually looks like lots of them have already dropped it for it to do so badly.

L~A

Media Create:

New3DS LL 25,299
Vita 16,823
PS4 15,480
New3DS 9,916
Wii U 8,894
PS3 7,036
3DS LL 4,776
3DS 4,238
Vita TV 682
Xbox One 300

Bancho 6 is at 24k (more than I expected).

Top Bottom