• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 22, 2015 (May 25 - May 31)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah, if they don't launch next console with MK9 and Splatoon 2 it would be quite a big misstep.
Getting Splatoon on their next handheld will be their priority... Could be their next Mio seller IP on a system with a bigger userbase and active coop multi-player environment. Honestly i would be shocked if Splatoon doesn't hit the system in its first 12 months.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Getting Splatoon on their next handheld will be their priority... Could be their next Mio seller IP on a system with a bigger userbase and active coop multi-player environment. Honestly i would be shocked if Splatoon doesn't hit the system in its first 12 months.

I'm believing in an unified OS and framework for handheld and console for next gen, so being launch title for the console means it would be in the first 12 months of the handheld too.

random25

I feel this will happen as well, assuming their successor to their handheld maintains 2 displays. Aside from graphics, Splatoon would have easily fit the 3DS mechanically (gyro aiming, 2 separate displays, button layouts, local wireless multiplayer, online multiplayer). It could easily be one of the hottest local multiplayer games in Japan alone, so Splatoon on a handheld makes good sense.

The_Lump

Banned
Yeah, if they don't launch next console with MK9 and Splatoon 2 it would be quite a big misstep.

*Drools*

I'd like to think they'd launch with one or the other. Both would be risky though. Let's just hope they at least have a steady flow of first/second party games from day one (ie one every 3 months).

sörine

Banned
man, what a wasted opportunity, had this been a launch (window) title...
I think the real wasted opportunity is the lack of support/filler games surronding it to help keep platform momentum going. This has been Nintendo's real console problem since N64 and shows why they really need 3rd parties on board.

NotLiquid

This might be a challenge really. Online shooters on handhelds haven't exactly been ripe for the taking and Splatoon is the kind of game that really benefits from some powerful and stable hardware that cultivates people around the world to play online, and that isn't just in terms of technology but also target audience.

I kinda feel like Splatoon will be more of a home console IP for Nintendo lest they decide to do a lot of changes to it in terms of the game it'll be on handheld. It'll probably be more of a spin off.

Bruno MB

PREDICTION LEAGUE JUNE 2015

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Jun 1 to 28):

[3DS] Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butouden (18 days) - 90.000
[3DS] Rhythm Heaven The Best + (18 days) - 215.000
[ALL] Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (11 days) - 70.000
[3DS] Popolocrois Story of Seasons (11 days) - 70.000
[ALL] Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (6 days) - 115.000
[3DS] Fire Emblem if (4 days) - 275.000
[PSV] Persona 4 Dancing All Night (4 days) - 80.000

Fisico

[3DS] Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butouden (18 days) - 95.000
[3DS] Rhythm Heaven The Best + (18 days) - 222.222
[ALL] Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (11 days) - 65.000
[3DS] Popolocrois Story of Seasons (11 days) - 44.442
[ALL] Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (6 days) - 101.826
[3DS] Fire Emblem if (4 days) - 248.007
[PSV] Persona 4 Dancing All Night (4 days) - 81.000

a new entry comes

It is a ranking of at closing time June 9, 2015

01.[3DS] Youkai Watch Busters forgot in N Direct (combined) - 367pt
02.[PSV] Kan Colle Kai (combined) - 159pt
03.[3DS] Fire Emblem if (combined) - 137pt

04.[3DS] Dragon Ball Z Ultras Ultimate Fighter - 84pt
05.[3DS] Rhythm heaven The Best plus - 79pt
06.[PSV] Persona 4 Dancing All Night (combined) - 76pt
07.[3DS] Dragon Quest VIII - 54pt
08.[3DS] Fire Emblem if SPECIAL EDITION - 40pt
09.[PS4] Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition - 39pt
10.[3DS] PoPoLoCrois Harvest Moon - 31pt
11.[PSV] IA / VT (Oia / visual Tracks) -COLORFUL- - 25pt
12.[PS4] FINAL FANTASY XIV - 24pt
13.[PS4] METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN SPECIAL EDITION - 22pt
14.[PS3] Sengoku BASARA 4 Emperor - 20pt
15.[PSV] Taiko Drum Master V version - 19pt
16.[PSV] Shin Makai Trillion (Limited Edition) - 19pt

Road

[3DS] Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butouden (18 days) - 88,888
[3DS] Rhythm Heaven The Best + (18 days) - 111,111
[ALL] Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (11 days) - 33,333
[3DS] Popolocrois Story of Seasons (11 days) - 66,666
[ALL] Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (6 days) - 88,888
[3DS] Fire Emblem if (4 days) - 333,333
[PSV] Persona 4 Dancing All Night (4 days) - 66,666

t1433941200z1.png

Mario007

While I know the comg points don't always tell the full story but it looks as though you guys are way overestimating FFXIV and underestimating Persona4. Any reason for that?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Well the Wii U has 2 release dates with Devil's Third in Japan.
7/16 - Yoshi's Wooly World
8/4 - Devil's Third

So are we expecting Devil's Third to sell worse or better than W101 in Japan =P. (I'm putting my bets on worse).

[3DS] Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butouden (18 days) - 106k
[3DS] Rhythm Heaven The Best + (18 days) - 205k
[ALL] Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (11 days) - 65k
[3DS] Popolocrois Story of Seasons (11 days) - 80k
[ALL] Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (6 days) - 63k
[3DS] Fire Emblem if (4 days) - 286k
[PSV] Persona 4 Dancing All Night (4 days) - 78k

[3DS] Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butouden (18 days) - 100
[3DS] Rhythm Heaven The Best + (18 days) - 210k
[ALL] Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (11 days) - 70k
[3DS] Popolocrois Story of Seasons (11 days) - 50k
[ALL] Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (6 days) - 90k
[3DS] Fire Emblem if (4 days) - 200k
[PSV] Persona 4 Dancing All Night (4 days) - 95k
Might want to fix that

casiopao

Well the Wii U has 2 release dates with Devil's Third in Japan.
7/16 - Yoshi's Wooly World
8/4 - Devil's Third

So are we expecting Devil's Third to sell worse or better than W101 in Japan =P. (I'm putting my bets on worse).

I don't think there are possible thing to sell worst than W101. I will bet that Devil Third will sell more than W101 only with the gritty and gore graphics as the main difference.^_^

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I don't think there are possible thing to sell worst than W101. I will bet that Devil Third will sell more than W101 only with the gritty and gore graphics as the main difference.^_^

You're forgetting CodeName steam lol.... Poster 2 posts up remembers it though.

hiska-kun

Usually leaks come out on Wednesday, but the blog updated and he's talking about Squids.

There's a link with some random numbers

k?

I said this before, but some people are wondering if the puzzle is something else.

In the link it says "Ika manjuu" (steamed squid)

But if we switch syllables => "Ika juuman" => 10万 (100.000)

Squid 100.000?

Vena

I said this before, but some people are wondering if the puzzle is something else.

But if we switch syllables => "Ika juuman" => 10万 (100.000)

Squid 100.000?

That'd be unexpectedly high.

Ōkami;167119249 said:
So, how hard are we expecting Devil's Third to flop?

Somewhere between... 1 and 10? Units.

duckroll

Ōkami;167119249 said:

I think <20k is pretty realistic. But <10k is also possible. Remember that even if the game didn't look bad and wasn't being thrown out in 2 months with minimal marketing, Itagaki isn't really much of a brand name in Japan.

hongcha

Amazon Japan says they are the exclusive retailer of Devil's Third. Itagaki also mentions this in the promo video. Media Create doesn't track Amazon JP sales, right? So we'll never know how much this sells outside of download sales?

Ōkami

That's assuming we even get download sales.

Well at least Codename STEAM won't be the worst selling Nintendo game of the year anymore.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Amazon Japan says they are the exclusive retailer of Devil's Third. Itagaki also mentions this in the promo video. Media Create doesn't track Amazon JP sales, right? So we'll never know how much this sells outside of download sales?

Wow... has Nintendo ever done that for a title? Yikes.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I think <20k is pretty realistic. But <10k is also possible. Remember that even if the game didn't look bad and wasn't being thrown out in 2 months with minimal marketing, Itagaki isn't really much of a brand name in Japan.

Less than 10k is honestly where I see it at. I mean, Nintendo ain't dumb. They know when they have an underperformer in their hands and would rather send it to die, than invest in the title - Wonderful 101 and Codename S.T.E.A.M. are prime examples.

I think Nintendo thought when they announced those titles (Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third) that if they show third-party publishers that they are willing to invest and branch-out , that many would follow suit. Sadly, Wii U just bombed out of the gate - though much of the fault can be directed to Nintendo though.

3DS & Wii U were just poorly thought out (especially in terms of software) and I think in hindsight, they know as such.

Edit: Oh it's an Amazon exclusive, it might do much worse. Retailers most likely didn't want to stock the title.

Less than 10k is honestly where I see it at. I mean, Nintendo ain't dumb. They know when they have an underperformer in their hands and would rather send it to die, than invest in the title - Wonderful 101 and Codename S.T.E.A.M. are prime examples.

I think Nintendo thought when they announced those titles (Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third) that if they show third-party publishers that they are willing to invest and branch-out , that many would follow suit. Sadly, Wii U just bombed out of the gate - though much of the fault can be directed to Nintendo though.

3DS & Wii U were just poorly thought out (especially in terms of software) and I think in hindsight, they know as such.

Edit: Oh it's an Amazon exclusive, it might do much worse. Retailers most likely didn't want to stock the title.

Devi's Third was announced two years after the two Platinum games. I think they just wanted to diversify their lineup a bit and Devil's Third was an inexpensive way to do so.

vinnygambini

Devi's Third was announced two years after the two Platinum games. I think they just wanted to diversify their lineup a bit and Devil's Third was an inexpensive way to do so.

I thought they were announced at the same time, thanks for clearing that up.

The bulk of my text still applies though :p

Vena

I thought they were announced at the same time, thanks for clearing that up.

The bulk of my text still applies though :p

Looks like the software pipelines have been cleaned out, now, with the jump to HD finally out of their system. They've had some impressive turn around-times on projects and, seemingly, well proportioned budgets. (A lot of that, obviously, has to do with reusing engine and assets.)

vinnygambini

Looks like the software pipelines have been cleaned out, now, with the jump to HD finally out of their system. They've had some impressive turn around-times on projects and, seemingly, well proportioned budgets. (A lot of that, obviously, has to do with reusing engine and assets.)

Much of that to the detriment of Wii U.

Splatoon will save it!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Not only it's very possible, it's likely to happen (almost a certainty even) considering the game is Amazon's exclusive in Japan and Itagaki is not really a household name over there.

XDDX

[3DS] Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butouden (18 days) - 85,555
[3DS] Rhythm Heaven The Best + (18 days) - 90,500
[ALL] Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (11 days) - 47,777
[3DS] Popolocrois Story of Seasons (11 days) - 55,000
[ALL] Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (6 days) - 70,000
[3DS] Fire Emblem if (4 days) - 340,000
[PSV] Persona 4 Dancing All Night (4 days) - 60,000

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Yeah, given all their current actions like unifying home and handheld development teams and the intentions of "being more like iOS / Android", I think they know that there were major errors in planning both (especially Wii U by 100 country miles). Hopefully, they'll use the good things they achieved in this gen overall as a base from where to start and expand, alongside the major changes.

Mpl90

But if we switch syllables => "Ika juuman" => 10&#19975; (100.000)

Squid 100.000?

Nope, not believing it. If it happens to have sold 100k, I think we're going to have a crazy party. But, no, not believing it now. Call me kid, I don't care.

Sakura

But if we switch syllables => "Ika juuman" => 10&#19975; (100.000)

Squid 100.000?

100,000 in its second week? No way, I don't believe it. I would be surprised as fuck. Those would be great sales. Maybe it means 10&#19975;&#20197;&#19979; lol

&#332;kami;167119249 said:
Sub 10k.

hongcha

I think Splatoon will be 55k second week, as per the hint link showing two 5s. Switching around the syllables of one word in that link is a bit too esoteric, not to mention 100k would be quite unexpected, all things considered.

Mpl90

I think Splatoon will be 55k second week, as per the hint link showing two 5s. Switching around the syllables of one word in that link is a bit too esoteric, not to mention 100k would be quite unexpected, all things considered.

Well, a third person shooter starring antropomorphic squids is esoteric too, but that didn't stop it from existing!

Seriously, I'm with you in expecting 55,000 units sold this week.

Alrus

I honestly don't expect Splatoon to sell 100k, that would be an insane hold. Heck even if "only" does 55k that would be a pretty good hold too.

hiska-kun

[3DS] Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butouden (18 days) - 120.000
[3DS] Rhythm Heaven The Best + (18 days) - 230.000
[ALL] Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (11 days) - 50.000
[3DS] Popolocrois Story of Seasons (11 days) - 59.000
[ALL] Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (6 days) - 69.000
[3DS] Fire Emblem if (4 days) - 320.000
[PSV] Persona 4 Dancing All Night (4 days) - 88.000

Top Bottom