• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 25, 2015 (Jun 15 - Jun 21)

Orgen

PREDICTION LEAGUE JULY 2015

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Jun 29 to Jul 26):

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 191.000
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 63.000
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 84.000
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 825.000
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 102.000
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 96.000
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 117.000
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 28.000

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think that the Elder Scrolls numbers are way out of date. I'm pretty sure it was announced that Oblivion's retail LTD in the US alone was 3.5M when Skyrim launched. Add the rest of the world and digital to that. The game has moved close to 1.5M copies on Steam alone. Steam didn't get the game until it was 3-4 years old.

Okay, I see a source for 3.5 million as of November 2011 when Skyrim came out. Let's add 1.5 million in Steam sales to that.

I fail to see how going from 5 to 20+ million isn't still a gigantic leap. I also feel that 5 isn't very far outside of the range of 1-4 million representing individual entries between TES1 through TES4, but I digress.

kswiston

Okay, I see a source for 3.5 million as of November 2011 when Skyrim came out. Let's add 1.5 million in Steam sales to that.

I fail to see how going from 5 to 20+ million isn't still a gigantic leap. I also feel that 5 isn't very far outside of the range of 1-4 million representing individual entries between TES1 through TES4, but I digress.

I am not arguing that Skyrim wasn't a huge jump as it obviously was. I'm just pointing out that our sales figures for Oblivion (and Morrowind to a lesser extent) are way out of date.

The 3.5M quote was specifically in reference to NPD sales: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/128526/NPD_Retail_Game_Sales_Flat_In_November_At_3_Billion.php

5M ignores US legacy sales after 2011 and all non-Steam sales for the rest of the world. Considering the fact that Oblivion moved 150k in Japan, I am willing to bet that EU and rest of world sales were not insignificant.

Wikipedia lists over 40 million for the franchise, but I can't find a source.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
SIDEBAR: Has this ever happened before? A long-standing series, sells modestly and has a very dedicated fanbase, just blows up and becomes a major hit after 10+ games released in the series?

uhm...Animal Crossing?
garaph:

N64 Animal Crossing 213,797
GCN Animal Crossing 641,300
GCN Animal Crossing e+ 386,258
DS Animal Crossing: Wild World 5,157,481

:eek:

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I am not arguing that Skyrim wasn't a huge jump as it obviously was. I'm just pointing out that our sales figures for Oblivion (and Morrowind to a lesser extent) are way out of date.

The 3.5M quote was specifically in reference to NPD sales: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/128526/NPD_Retail_Game_Sales_Flat_In_November_At_3_Billion.php

5M ignores US legacy sales after 2011 and all non-Steam sales for the rest of the world. Considering the fact that Oblivion moved 150k in Japan, I am willing to bet that EU and rest of world sales were not insignificant.

Okay maybe I'm missing something, but looking through that article I only see this:

She adds, "In one month, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is just about half a million units shy of matching Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in lifetime sales. Its first month performance was a five-fold increase over Oblivion's first-month sales. The game garnered outstanding review scores."

Not that I'm doubting you, but where does it list Skyrim as a 3 million debut in the US?

The sales for Skyrim itself don't appear to be listed.

kswiston

Not that I'm doubting you, but where does it list Skyrim as a 3 million debut in the US?

The sales for Skyrim itself don't appear to be listed.

I mis-remembered slightly, but Skyrim debuted at 2.8M as per our own Nov 2011 NPD thread. So I suppose it was 3.3M not 3.5M.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I mis-remembered slightly, but Skyrim debuted at 2.8M as per our own Nov 2011 NPD thread. So I suppose it was 3.3M not 3.5M.

Okay in that case I'd suspect it was probably around 6-7+ million by the time Skyrim launched. WRPGs do very well in Europe, but a lot of PC sales would have been retail for the game given when it launched.

I feel okay excluding sales post 2011 since we're talking about a bump to an entry after the new game already came out for the context of this discussion, but it's plausibly higher given that.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Okay in that case I'd suspect it was probably around 6-7+ million by the time Skyrim launched. WRPGs do very well in Europe, but a lot of PC sales would have been retail for the game given when it launched.

I feel okay excluding sales post 2011 since we're talking about a bump to an entry after the new game already came out for the context of this discussion, but it's plausibly higher given that.

Each mainline entry in the ES series has done better than the last (USA).

Skyrim pretty much did Oblivions LTD in just two months. (USA)

Bruno MB

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 215.000
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 110.000
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 60.000
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 950.000
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 35.000
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 70.000
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 85.000
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 26.500

Xenoboy

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 205.000
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 83.500
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 112.000
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 900.000
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 53.000
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 84.000
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 70.000
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 23.000

casiopao

No announcement for this year's Power Pro yet and that is weird since it's generally a fall release. Will be interesting to see if they just stick with mobile. I am not expecting a PS4 version, that's for sure.

Really excited to see Famista resurrected. Taking on aliens with Shohei Otani and Sho Nakata? Sign me up!

If there's no Konami bringing baseball to 3DS, Namco comes to the rescue

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/pro-yakyuu-famista-returns-announced-3ds

I know i have been keep asking for Baseball game for 3DS at least on more animation style like Jikyou Pro Yakyuu style......but damn this looks cheap.T_T

I mean, when the mobile game of Konami actually looks sooo much better, u know something is wrong.T_T And also, it seems Konami does not really care about consoles and handheld anymore for Jikyou here as it seems the mobile game is doing really well as they just launched a new Event character gacha.

Anyone had info on how well Jikyou is doing right now? As in my app Qoo, it already moved behind from the popular screen.

It looks like Famitsu's final announcement this week is "Himouto! Umaru-chan" by FuRyu for Vita: http://gematsu.com/2015/06/himouto-umaru-chan-ps-vita-game-announced

I know FuRyu is a much loved and discussed company here so I thought I'd add this into the thread as well.

The same time as the anime releasing this season.^_^ And of course,Umaru is the most KAWAAIIIIIII.^_^

Vita best selling game i guarantee .^_^

Tsutaya's report

- Fire Emblem Fates sold great as it was expected. Probably will become the best selling game of the series.
- The Special Version is imposible to find anywhere.
- Sales for Prepaid Cards (for the DLC version), Fire Emblem Amiibos, and FE Trading Cards increased and selling in perfect form.
- Persona 4: Dancing all Night also sold well, and contributed to sell Vita Hardware.
- Actually, the growth rate for Vita Hardware was higher than the 3DS.

All according to Keikaku for IS and Nintendo there.^_^ FE Fates destroy people's complain on how this 2 games system is going to kill the series just get blown away.

Special version being the same case as Amiibo. GJ Nintendo.T_T

FE EVERYWHERE!!!

Ōkami

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 160.000
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 40.000
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 54.000
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 950.000
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 40.000
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 60.000
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 117.000
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 20.000

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I know i have been keep asking for Baseball game for 3DS at least on more animation style like Jikyou Pro Yakyuu style......but damn this looks cheap.T_T

I mean, when the mobile game of Konami actually looks sooo much better, u know something is wrong.T_T And also, it seems Konami does not really care about consoles and handheld anymore for Jikyou here as it seems the mobile game is doing really well as they just launched a new Event character gacha.

Anyone had info on how well Jikyou is doing right now? As in my app Qoo, it already moved behind from the popular screen.

The same time as the anime releasing this season.^_^ And of course,Umaru is the most KAWAAIIIIIII.^_^

Vita best selling game i guarantee .^_^

All according to Keikaku for IS and Nintendo there.^_^ FE Fates destroy people's complain on how this 2 games system is going to kill the series just get blown away.

Special version being the same case as Amiibo. GJ Nintendo.T_T

FE EVERYWHERE!!!

That screen is from the 2011 Famista game, though.

Shinriji

Tsutaya's report

I think that beside P4DAN, there was another vita release last week that could move some units: Touhou Project - Fushigi no Gensokyou, that is a PSN exclusive. With less than 1 week of sales, they have 1/10 of store ratings of Minecraft Vita. It sold a lot for a digital-only game.

Eolz

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 129k
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 67k
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 70k
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 744k
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 51k
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 62k
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 113k
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 28k

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 175k
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 80k
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 65k
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 885k
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 110k
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 60k
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 125k
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 35k

ivysaur12

Banned
Tsutaya's report

- Fire Emblem Fates sold great as it was expected. Probably will become the best selling game of the series.
- The Special Version is imposible to find anywhere.
- Sales for Prepaid Cards (for the DLC version), Fire Emblem Amiibos, and FE Trading Cards increased and selling in perfect form.
- Persona 4: Dancing all Night also sold well, and contributed to sell Vita Hardware.

Wow. I mean, we expected it, but wow.

sörine

Banned

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 176,437
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 89,628
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 102,421
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 735,599
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 67,578
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 73,654
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 82,569
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 24,761

SIDEBAR: Has this ever happened before? A long-standing series, sells modestly and has a very dedicated fanbase, just blows up and becomes a major hit after 10+ games released in the series?

well if we're using Japan sales only (since outside of it Fates is only the 7th game), really it's just trying to recapture the sales of the 3rd game...

:p

Road

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 222,222
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 55,555
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 55,555
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 999,999
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 22,222
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 55,555
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 55,555
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 22,222
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deadline: July 1st 2015 09:00 am (EDT)
t1435755600z1.png

SS

ßig

Unconfirmed Member
Always nice to see old franchises return. I hope this sells well so we can get a new one every year.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Predictions

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 210.987
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 67.890
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 56.789
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 987.654
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 23.456
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 65.432
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 78.901
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 21.098

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Fire Emblem Fates with digital sales should come very close to Mystery of the Emblem or even passing it. Retail only it already is well above Awakenings launch (Special Edition is or is not included in that number) and eventually will top every other FE except Mystery of the Emblem.

FluxWaveZ

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 231.868
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 77.690
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 63.333
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 1.000.000
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 40.036
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 64.290
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 80.353
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 30.333

I do wonder how a PSV Taiko might actually sell in the end. If the debut is quite low, I cannot foresee much legs and therefore a bad result is to be expected. Note also that even the last PSP entry, which sold "well" per se, could not have the same legs as the DS, Wii or the 3DS ones.

It looks like Famitsu's final announcement this week is "Himouto! Umaru-chan" by FuRyu for Vita: http://gematsu.com/2015/06/himouto-umaru-chan-ps-vita-game-announced

I know FuRyu is a much loved and discussed company here so I thought I'd add this into the thread as well.

It's nice to see FuRyu going around and developing niche titles for handheld platforms. They've been a bit of hit or miss, but games like The Legend of Legacy and Cardfight Vanguard sold quite well on 3DS.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

horuhe

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 213.809
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 79.691
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 57.316
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 1.019.807
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 49.034
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 87.802
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 84.357
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 26.581

hiska-kun

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 198.673
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 91.304
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 41.545
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 878.132
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 34.227
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 69.709
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 84.765
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 26.434

casiopao

Uhm, didn't they announce it a couple of weeks ago? I remember having posted about it, but no one noticed ;p

Ehhhh? I must have missed it here.T_T Man, Siliconera is slow.T_T But well, with this Animal Crossing fan will be more than happy to get this title too here.^_^

Any other game which plays to the AC demographics except Tongari Boushi and Fantasy Life here? Seems quite strange no one tried to get those sales here.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Uhm, didn't they announce it a couple of weeks ago? I remember having posted about it, but no one noticed ;p

Maybe not a couple of weeks ago, but yes, no one noticed. I even mentioned it in the Media Create thread only to have 0 replies to it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Lol. Crash and burn for me here.T_T

ahah not at all.
you brought up a topic that me and Zsaber tried to highlight without success.
this somehow bonds to my previous post about 3DS support and incoming lineup.

it seems that, despite it being the oldest of the actual active consoles on the market, despite the HW saturation probably incoming, despite some software disappointments we have seen in the past few weeks, despite Nintendo probably focusing their teams on NX development, despite its old architecture/tools...it still sees a lot of support, both internal and third party.

trying to summarize the most recent announcement (help me out with this!) and incoming releases we have

Rhythm Tengoku just released
Fire Emblem IF just released
Animal Crossing Home designer announced in April + amiibo cards
Yokai Watch Busters announced in April
Yokai Watch 3 announced in April
The Snack World announced in April
Project X Zone 2 announced in April
Dragon quest VIII announced in May
Monster Hunter Stories announced in May
Monster Hunter Diary announced in May
Monster Hunter X announced in May
Chibi Robo Zip lash + amiibo announced in May
Mario & Sonic at Rio announced in May
Super Pokemon Mistery Dungeon announced in May
Metroid Prime Federation Force announced in June
The legend of Zelda Triforce Heroes announced in June
Hyrule Warriors Legends announced in June
Mario & Luigi Paper jam announced in June
Disney Castle 2 announced in June
Konami baseball game announced in June
7th Dragon 3 announced in June

I'm probably missing something, but the recent months (April / June) have been pretty active for such an old hw, imho.

hiska-kun

Ok, the blogger is leaking Top 10 (not numbers) That's what I got:

1. Fire Emblem Fates: White Kingdom
2. Fire Emblem Fates: Black Kingdom
3. Persona 4: Dancing All Night
4. Fire Emblem Fates (Special Edition)
5. Rhythm Heaven
6. Final Fantasy XIV
7. Splatoon
8. Idolm@ster
9. Minecraft
10. Chaos Child