• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 25, 2015 (Jun 15 - Jun 21)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Ok, the blogger is leaking Top 10 (not numbers) That's what I got:

1. Fire Emblem Fates: White Kingdom
2. Fire Emblem Fates: Black Kingdom
3. Persona 4: Dancing All Night
4. Fire Emblem Fates (Special Edition)
5. Rhythm Heaven
6. Final Fantasy XIV
7. Splatoon
8. Idolm@ster
9. Minecraft
10. Chaos Child

That looks like a sub 50k opening for FFXIV. FEF Special Edition must be at least 50k (100k for Famitsu).

Bruno MB

That looks like a sub 50k opening for FFXIV. FEF Special Edition must be at least 50k (100k for Famitsu).

PS3 version below Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition means that it may have failed to even sell 10.000 - 12.000 units. First day (3 in reality) sell-though rate already showed that it was going to badly underperform, but things are even worse than I expected.

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.08.27} (¥3.300) - 184.018 / 272.221
[PS4] Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2014.04.14} (¥3.394) - 31.326 / 67.822

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
PS3 version below Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition means that it may have failed to even sell 10.000 - 12.000 units. First day (2 in reality) sell-though rate already showed that it was going to badly underperform, but things are even worse than I expected.

3 days.

casiopao

ahah not at all.
you brought up a topic that me and Zsaber tried to highlight without success.
this somehow bonds to my previous post about 3DS support and incoming lineup.

it seems that, despite it being the oldest of the actual active consoles on the market, despite the HW saturation probably incoming, despite some software disappointments we have seen in the past few weeks, despite Nintendo probably focusing their teams on NX development, despite its old architecture/tools...it still sees a lot of support, both internal and third party.

trying to summarize the most recent announcement (help me out with this!) and incoming releases we have

Rhythm Tengoku just released
Fire Emblem IF just released
Animal Crossing Home designer announced in April + amiibo cards
Yokai Watch Busters announced in April
Yokai Watch 3 announced in April
The Snack World announced in April
Project X Zone 2 announced in April
Dragon quest VIII announced in May
Monster Hunter Stories announced in May
Monster Hunter Diary announced in May
Monster Hunter X announced in May
Chibi Robo Zip lash + amiibo announced in May
Mario & Sonic at Rio announced in May
Super Pokemon Mistery Dungeon announced in May
Metroid Prime Federation Force announced in June
The legend of Zelda Triforce Heroes announced in June
Hyrule Warriors Legends announced in June
Mario & Luigi Paper jam announced in June
Disney Castle 2 announced in June
Konami baseball game announced in June(Not Konami but Bamco. Famista baseball.^_^)
7th Dragon 3 announced in June

I'm probably missing something, but the recent months (April / June) have been pretty active for such an old hw, imho.

I helped edited some up there.^_^

I also think u miss Youkai Watch Sangokushi right? For 3DS too.

Also, Langrisser Re: Incarnation.^_^ Corpse Party 3DS, Super Robot BX too......Shokugeki no Soma 3DS i remember is also going to be released on 3DS.

I am not sure about Megaman Legacy Collection here. Is it even going to be released on JP here?

I think thats all i can remember here.^_^

5. Rhythm Heaven
6. Final Fantasy XIV
7. Splatoon
8. Idolm@ster
9. Minecraft
10. Chaos Child

FE is going to be have very big number i see.^_^ P4:DAN is allign to my prediction here. It really probably going to be lower selling Spin-off for P4.

Can't wait for the number here.^_^

massoluk

Banned

5. Rhythm Heaven
6. Final Fantasy XIV
7. Splatoon
8. Idolm@ster
9. Minecraft
10. Chaos Child

Haha, one game hogging 3 spaces in the top ten just looks funny. It's going to get grouped into one game in Mediacreate right?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Obviously instead of bringing DQX to PS4 they should bring FFXIV to Wii U.

I know it's a joke, but just a secondary obsarvation: it seems to me that DQX was indeed pretty successfull, earlier on the Wii, than on the Wii U. am I right?

I helped edited some up there.^_^

I also think u miss Youkai Watch Sangokushi right? For 3DS too.

Also, Langrisser Re: Incarnation.^_^ Corpse Party 3DS, Super Robot BX too......Shokugeki no Soma 3DS i remember is also going to be released on 3DS.

I am not sure about Megaman Legacy Collection here. Is it even going to be released on JP here?

I think thats all i can remember here.^_^

great!

Busaiku

I don't think Fire Emblem Fates should be combined.
It's a single player focused game with unique scenarios in each version, as well as gameplay differences.

Fisico

PREDICTION LEAGUE JULY 2015

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Jun 29 to Jul 26):

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 199,999
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 72,321
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 62,471
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 799,999
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 37,777
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 80,000
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 100,111
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 28,765

kswiston

I don't think Fire Emblem Fates should be combined.
It's a single player focused game with unique scenarios in each version, as well as gameplay differences.

You can buy the other scenarios as DLC and launch them from the same game. It's not Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion launching on the same day. They're just separate pieces/flavours of the same game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
PREDICTION LEAGUE JULY 2015

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Jun 29 to Jul 26):

[3DS] Great Ace Attorney (18 days) - 177,300
[PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (18 days) - 89,200
[3DS] Chou Run For Money (18 days) - 55,538
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters Red/White (16 days) - 820,111
[PS4] Batman Arkham Knight (11 days) - 63,702
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World (11 days) - 74,035
[ALL] Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (4 days) - 86,000
[PSV] Makai Shin Trillion (4 days) - 33,214

Busaiku

You can buy the other scenarios as DLC and launch them from the same game. It's not Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion launching on the same day. They're just separate pieces/flavours of the same game.
Well, that's exactly it.
Since you can buy the other game for a reduced price if you own 1 version, there will be little overlap.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Well, that's exactly it.
Since you can buy the other game for a reduced price if you own 1 version, there will be little overlap.

Do we know now if the Special Edition contains both stories on card, or if you have to download one? Because if it's the former (and there is enough supply), the overlap should be almost exactly the Special Edition, considering you get both campains physically and the third as dl code for cheaper than buying each game individually.

duckroll

Has Chaos Child really underperformed or was Steins Gate just an anomaly for Science Adventure series?

Steins;Gate is by far the most successful of the series. Chaos;Head sold jack shit on the console/portable versions, Robotics;Notes fizzled out at about 80k total even with an anime TV series airing.

L~A

That's no wonder they have that Steins;Gate "sequel" coming out later this year then, since it seems like the only one in the series with widespread popularity.

Oregano

I know it's a joke, but just a secondary obsarvation: it seems to me that DQX was indeed pretty successfull, earlier on the Wii, than on the Wii U. am I right?

great!

I think SE are pretty happy with it. Even the 3DS version did pretty well.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Power Pros Baseball 2014 was announced in early August.

Uh, I thought it was still in the usual schedule of the games being released around Juky/August. I was wrong, it'll probably be announced next month then. Again, expecting just PS3/Vita, not even PS4.

L~A

Media Create:

Vita 23,134
New3DS LL 21,818
PS4 14,482
Wii U 13,166
New3DS 8,294
PS3 2,761
3DS 1,396
3DS LL 847
Vita TV 820
Xbox One 243

Fire Emblem Fates: 260 (regular) + 42k (limited edition)
94k for P4D
38k for FFXIV

Vena

Given the nature of MMOs and boxed copies for expansions, I'm kinda surprised it sold that much lol. I wonder what SEs digital sales through Mogstation for were.

I think the reason its being highlighted is because DQXI outsells the combined sales of XIV, on a dead system.

Top Bottom