• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 28, 2015 (Jul 06 - Jul 12)

Japanese flying squid

Still amusing how they are seemingly based on that. Even had a official limb comparison

tumblr_nhcpy0m5Rb1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Ōkami

I guess this is the best place to ask.

How has Dragon Ball Super been recieved so far in Japan?

Something might be misspelled there.

Monster Strike will get 7 minutes youtube anime this October. I wonder how it will affect the game rankings
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201507210030/

Just checked that myself... with google translate. With the expected result

http://gamesmaya.blog98.fc2.com/blog-entry-2858.html

Google translate never disappoints

Guess "Fire Emblem 0" is actually fire emblem cipher ? The trading card game having a meeting / experience?
And Splatoon is bought by young couples?

pls stop with google translated stuff... and yes cipher is 0, and 0 is cipher

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The Battle Cats 3DS has now overtaken Denpa Men 2. Bike Rider DX 2 next!

I remember we had some Denpa Men (non Free) sales stats, but I suppose it's for the whole series, not the specific games, right?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Monster Strike will get 7 minutes youtube anime this October. I wonder how it will affect the game rankings
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201507210030/

pls stop with google translated stuff... and yes cipher is 0, and 0 is cipher

dunno, can you go higher than 1 in the rankings?

Well, there's still Clash of Clans to beat on a worldwide scale, though I'm not sure an anime will help with that: http://blog.appannie.com/worldwide-app-annie-index-games-may-2015/

topmayuvzsc.png

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Do we have any idea on the gap between the two?

It's a bit hard to determine because Supercell's revenue is obscured by the fact they have three hit games.

Mixi's revenue is almost entirely Monster Strike and was working out to something around $3.8 million a day when Supercell was making $5.15 million a day.

Given Boom Beach and Hay Day make a lot of money though, it could be pretty close.

BriBri

I remember we had some Denpa Men (non Free) sales stats, but I suppose it's for the whole series, not the specific games, right?
I honestly don't remember. I kinda zone out if I hear Denpa Men news. I'm sure if
(when)
it overtakes Monster Hunter 4G we'll have a clearer idea of where it stands.

Vena

When you get to be Bandai Namco's size, sometimes the only competition is yourself.

Why not just release one of those on 3DS...?

It's a bit hard to determine because Supercell's revenue is obscured by the fact they have three hit games.

Mixi's revenue is almost entirely Monster Strike and was working out to something around $3.8 million a day when Supercell was making $5.15 million a day.

Given Boom Beach and Hay Day make a lot of money though, it could be pretty close.

So it could be quite close.

I do wonder how the Strike game will perform on the 3DS when it launches. Over or under P&DZ?

Vena

Well, one of them appears to be a Vita game in concept, while the other is a smartphone port, which given how much business Unity does in Japan, probably ran on Unity.

N3DS then.

Two similar products within short time frames seems strange to me, but if the former is only a concept and not expected for some time then I guess it would make sense.

Well, there's still Clash of Clans to beat on a worldwide scale, though I'm not sure an anime will help with that: http://blog.appannie.com/worldwide-app-annie-index-games-may-2015/

well yeah, worldwide pretty much sounds like a pipe dream

though they are trying a bit more to get some of the international audience, with a worldwide release of the anime on youtube, subbing the trailer, giving out a code that works with both versions

it's a small start at least

Vena

It's official, sadly Pokémon the Movie: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages debut was lower than anticipated.

Comparatively to Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction Japanese debut at ¥393.3 million, the new film grossed ¥384.1 million - the second lowest opening in the franchise.

Yokai pls

Thread - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=172600043#post172600043

They really should make an Origins movie. It'll be more expensive but these churn outs are definitely not lasting, and aren't pulling the weight they once were.

Spend more to make more back and reignite some fan interest.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
They really should make an Origins movie. It'll be more expensive but these churn outs are definitely not lasting, and aren't pulling the weight they once were.

Spend more to make more back and reignite some fan interest.

3D CG Origin movie should suffice.

Much more expensive, but it could reinvigorate the brand. Doraemon did it, and the reception in Japan was great, even more so in China ($70 million gross). Grossed $170 million worldwide to boot.

Pokemon Company have become complacent and predictable - they need to shake things up.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150617202056/http://www.rentrak.com/section/movies_and_tv_everywhere/top_entertainment_rankings.html

Takao

Banned
Ōkami;172533686 said:
I guess this is the best place to ask.

How has Dragon Ball Super been recieved so far in Japan?

Something might be misspelled there.

It's had unspectacular ratings so far. Pretty much just replacing the show that preceded it, Dragon Ball Kai: The Final Chapter.

Well, one of them appears to be a Vita game in concept, while the other is a smartphone port, which given how much business Unity does in Japan, probably ran on Unity.

Well, the thing is they're both f2p games based on the same property on the same platform. Conquest V is due out sometime soon, but Battle Fortress actually launched last week in Japan. It was the most downloaded free-to-play game of the week (unsurprising):

01. [PSV] Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Fortress (Bandai Namco)
02. [PSV] Spelunker Z (Square Enix)
03. [PSV] Rise of Mana (Square Enix)
04. [PSV] Phantasy Star Online 2 (Sega)
05. [PS4] Spelunker Z (Square Enix)
06. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2015 myClub (Konami)
07. [PS3] Ace Combat Infinity (Bandai Namco)
08. [PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Koei Tecmo)
09. [PSV] Venus Project (Galat)
10. [PS4] Warframe (Digital Extremes)

At this rate, they'll make their own Idol game and series.

Oh wait...

Splatoon's Squid sisters. The FE crossover game. Nintendo busy with idols indeed.
Watch them make a Splatoon spin-off for 3DS where you have to lead your squid girl into stardom with Callie and Marie as teachers.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's had unspectacular ratings so far. Pretty much just replacing the show that preceded it, Dragon Ball Kai: The Final Chapter.

Well, the thing is they're both f2p games based on the same property on the same platform. Conquest V is due out sometime soon, but Battle Fortress actually launched last week in Japan. It was the most downloaded free-to-play game of the week (unsurprising):

01. [PSV] Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Fortress (Bandai Namco)
02. [PSV] Spelunker Z (Square Enix)
03. [PSV] Rise of Mana (Square Enix)
04. [PSV] Phantasy Star Online 2 (Sega)
05. [PS4] Spelunker Z (Square Enix)
06. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2015 myClub (Konami)
07. [PS3] Ace Combat Infinity (Bandai Namco)
08. [PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Koei Tecmo)
09. [PSV] Venus Project (Galat)
10. [PS4] Warframe (Digital Extremes)
Are they both f2p?

Gematsu lists the new one as an unknown price and points out it's paid on iOS.

Duckroll and Aeana also mentioned that Siliconera either intentionally or incompetently posts false information in a ton of their articles now so I'm not really willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Takao

Banned
Are they both f2p?

Gematsu lists the new one as an unknown price and points out it's paid on iOS.

Duckroll and Aeana also mentioned that Siliconera either intentionally or incompetently posts false information in a ton of their articles now so I'm not really willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Gematsu is the mistaken one here. Gundam Conquest is free-to-play on Android and iOS. Based on some Famitsu leaks it looks like that'll remain the same on Vita. Same leak says development on the Vita port is at 90%.

So yeah, BN is operating two separate F2P Gundam games on Vita...

Vena

In that case yes, it does come off as pretty odd, though in line with what tends to happen on iOS itself.

Strange to see it happen on Vita.

Splatoon's Squid sisters. The FE crossover game. Nintendo busy with idols indeed.
Watch them make a Splatoon spin-off for 3DS where you have to lead your squid girl into stardom with Callie and Marie as teachers.

Odd as this sounds: I don't actually think #FE will do that badly for a WiiU game, and I wouldn't mind seeing Nintendo push for their own "idol" game since Miku may soon be absent from their systems, and its still an audience for which they have no titles (and if they use the RPG nature of #FE, they can also have a bit more meat to their library with RPGs). Pull a bit of staff and talent from the torrent of 2D platformers, and make something fun and novel for once, like Splatoon. Even if #FE is more Atlus than Nintendo, it doesn't hurt to give it a little nudge out the door and experiment a little.

I don't know if Splatoon would benefit from that type of spin-off. But then again, the fanbase is really sucked into the whole of the world so some spin-off "world building" may actually do quite well.

why hasn't nintendo already announced an animated splatoon television show?
I was actually thinking about making a thread about it, and i had an in depth reasoning why they should do it, but I didn't think people would take me serious and think i was just squiding around.

If they were to do an Anime, i think it would be huge and should be timed right with the Sequel launch. Because I think the sequel is going to be on a handheld, and japan might lose their collective shit over it. I think this franchise is bigger than some people think in japan, they like it a lot right now

L~A

Didn't the blog praise Splatoon yesterday? (irrelevant to this post for Yoshi)

You're talking about Splatoon moving hardware, right? I think it was the retailer hiska-kun is always visiting (forgot the name).

Edit: found the post I had in mind. Is it the one you're talking about?

Monday 20th was a national holiday (and the start of summer vacations).
GamesMaya is reporting that Splatoon is still moving hardware.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
What's the norm for Yoshi games in Japan?

02./00 [3DS] Yoshi’s New Island <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.07.24} (¥4.936) – 58.285 / NEW

03./00. [WIU] Kirby and the Rainbow Curse <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.01.22} (¥3.996) - 32.137 / NEW
02./00. [WIU] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.02.13} (¥5.985) - 35.717 / NEW <35,28%>

A 40k debut for the Wii U episode would be decent, compared to other Wii U games and the most recent Yoshi game on the far more successfull 3DS imho.

noshten

I'm expecting a 30-40k week for Splatoon, not too sure if Wii U will get any significant bump but Splatoon having a surge is pretty much confirmed at this point.

If Nintendo wanted to push Yoshi in Japan they should have done some sort of deal when you buy both Yoshi and Splatoon

random25

I'm expecting a 30-40k week for Splatoon, not too sure if Wii U will get any significant bump but Splatoon bump is pretty much confirmed at this point.

If Nintendo wanted to push Yoshi in Japan they should have done some sort of deal when you buy both Yoshi and Splatoon

Should it be this week's sales (numbers to appear next week)? Vacation just started this week I believe. So Splatoon may still be between 20k-30k if we see the numbers today, which is still pretty good.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
You're talking about Splatoon moving hardware, right? I think it was the retailer hiska-kun is always visiting (forgot the name).

Edit: found the post I had in mind. Is it the one you're talking about?

That post is 2 days old. I'm talking for early M-C numbers.

hiska-kun

I'm expecting a 30-40k week for Splatoon, not too sure if Wii U will get any significant bump but Splatoon having a surge is pretty much confirmed at this point.

If there's any bump, it will be in week 30. The holiday was Monday 20th. And it's not that big, you should expect a 1-2k increase at best.

If Splatoon has any chance to sell over 30k, that would be Obon (week 33).

Top Bottom