• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 52, 2014 (Dec 22 - Dec 28)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
BriBri, since the complete and utter strangeness of the operation quite surprised me, what's the amount of reviews for Up 3D on the eShop? Just to get a minimal idea about its reception in Japan.

monpiece

Banned
"Falcom recruiting staff for Smartphone, Browser, and MMO development (Tokyo Xanadu)"

Looks like this is quite recent, wasnt Tokyo Xanadu announced months ago? It seems like it started as a PSV exclusive but due to disappointing sales and a rather bad outlook of the system, they want to branch out.

Tokyo Xanadu was announced mid-December. And what disappointing sales are you refering to?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
If you ask me, that game needs a lot more than a remaster. Maybe they can make some major tweaks to the gameplay, add a bit more content, and then bundle it with a KH3 demo and market it as "KH3 Prologue" or something. Lol.

So... if I'm not mistaken, it seems like the game is flawed? I haven't played many KH games, but perhaps that could have contributed to the game suffering in sales? The 3DS version didn't seem to have much legs at least.... although looking at this, it didn't open that much worse than 358/2 Days, Birth By Sleep was just way more popular in JP lol.

3DS Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance 230,189 348,136 Square Enix 2012-03-29
PSP Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep 456,453 864,425 Square Enix 2010-01-09
NDS Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days 291,211 538,634 Square Enix 2009-05-30
NDS Kingdom Hearts Re:coded 119,532 273,269 Square Enix 2010-10-07

So... if I'm not mistaken, it seems like the game is flawed? I haven't played many KH games, but perhaps that could have contributed to the game suffering in sales? The 3DS version didn't seem to have much legs at least.... although looking at this, it didn't open that much worse than 358/2 Days, Birth By Sleep was just way popular in JP lol.

3DS Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance 230,189 348,136 Square Enix 2012-03-29
PSP Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep 456,453 864,425 Square Enix 2010-01-09
NDS Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days 291,211 538,634 Square Enix 2009-05-30
NDS Kingdom Hearts Re:coded 119,532 273,269 Square Enix 2010-10-07

In my opinion, the game is not really flawed. I liked the combat system and the new Flowmotion system. The game, though, lacked contents; it is fairly long and worlds are nice but a bit empty. No much contents in the post-game and the Dream Eater things seems a bit useless.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
"Falcom recruiting staff for Smartphone, Browser, and MMO development (Tokyo Xanadu)"

Looks like this is quite recent, wasnt Tokyo Xanadu announced months ago? It seems like it started as a PSV exclusive but due to disappointing sales and a rather bad outlook of the system, they want to branch out.

It was announced on December 17th as a teaser page with no platform.

The division at Falcom that they're hiring for was revealed in February 2013: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513097

They've presumably been working on this since then.

BriBri

BriBri, since the complete and utter strangeness of the operation quite surprised me, what's the amount of reviews for Up 3D on the eShop? Just to get a minimal idea about its reception in Japan.
Make a guess before reading the spoiler:
5!

Darius

Banned
Tokyo Xanadu was announced mid-December. And what disappointing sales are you refering to?

Falcom is/was a very Sony and Japan centric company in the past gens, seeing how their target systems all sold bad for a few years in a row now and the best selling out of these systems suffering a decline compared to a already bad year it´s no surprise that they are pushing even more into this direction.

The division at Falcom that they're hiring for was revealed in February 2013: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513097

They've presumably been working on this since then.

Not too surprising, seeing how PSV only sold 690,839 in 2012, so the push towards smartphones in February 2013 seems reasonable. The second half of 2013 and the first half of 2014 seemed to have brought some faith back into the system and at best to slightly postpone the even stronger push towards smartphones, but the second half (especially the 4th quarter) 2014 seems to have set expectations back down again. It´s really an interesting coincidence to hear about their hirings for smartphone, browser development right after a very weak 4th quarter again.

3Kaze

Falcom is/was a very Sony and Japan centric company in the past gens, seeing how their target systems all sold bad for a few years in a row now and the best selling out of these systems suffering a decline compared to a already bad year it´s no surprise that they are pushing even more into this direction.

Not too surprising, seeing how PSV only sold 690,839 in 2012, so the push towards smartphones in February 2013 seems reasonable. The second half of 2013 and the first half of 2014 seemed to have brought some faith back into the system and at best to slightly postpone the even stronger push towards smartphones, but the second half (especially the 4th quarter) 2014 seems to have set expectations back down again. It´s really an interesting coincidence to hear about their hirings for smartphone, browser development right after a very weak 4th quarter again.

PSP The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 107,044
PSP The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC 117,496
PSP The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd 122,394

PSP The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki 120,283
PSP The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki 212,108

PSV The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki 145,121
PS3 The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki 103,457

PSV The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II 120,751
PS3 The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II 90,746

Doubt they're dropping Sony platforms any soon though.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
So MC has the PS4, next week, probably over 1mil finally. But Famitsu seems like it will be a few tens of thousand under the bar for a few weeks longer. (So, around 200k+ units under the PS3 either way, and that was at an absurd price-point in its first year. No?)

Not all that good either way.

After 45 weeks PS3 is at 1.145.828 and PS4 at 970.667 (Media Create) and 1.186.463/925.570 (Famitsu)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
See, with the second paragraph in specific, this is an area I really disagree with people. I feel that the overall effort from publishers to chase CoD/AC style sales was actually astonishingly successful.

That's true. In the case of 3DS Yo-kai Watch isn't the problem but the solution. The reason 3DS software sales didn't increase despite this title adding some millions is very simple and known for a long time now. The overall number of releasing titles is decreasing rapidly year after year. Top sellers remain strong but medium and low sellers tend to disappear at retail leading to the this result.

That's true. In the case of 3DS Yo-kai Watch isn't the problem but the solution. The reason 3DS software sales didn't increase despite this title adding some millions is very simple and known for a long time now. The overall number of releasing titles is decreasing rapidly year after year. Top sellers remain strong but medium and low sellers tend to disappear at retail leading to the this result.

There are also a lot of digital releases that sold well, in the low-medium range. For example, Kirby Fighters and Pokémon Trozei Link by Nintendo, that sold more than 100k; and Bike Rider, The Denpa Men, Touch Battle Tank, Puyo Puyo Mini, and so on. Not saying that they're compensating the lack of low-medium profile releases, of course, but surely they have to be considered in the whole picture.

Vena

NCL needs to make sure that their new handheld supports mobile gaming shenanigans from the word, "Go!"

Isn't that already incorporated in the n3DS or was that just a rumor? (The CPU upgrade bringing in new support options for mobile titles, that is.)

After 45 weeks PS3 is at 1.145.828 and PS4 at 970.667 (Media Create) and 1.186.463/925.570 (Famitsu)

Alright, so looking at: 175,161 to 260,893 from MC to Fam, respectively, (somewhat large disparity).

Thanks.

There are also a lot of digital releases that sold well, in the low-medium range. For example, Kirby Fighters and Pokémon Trozei Link by Nintendo, that sold more than 100k; and Bike Rider, The Denpa Men, Touch Battle Tank, Puyo Puyo Mini, and so on. Not saying that they're compensating the lack of low-medium profile releases, of course, but surely they have to be considered in the whole picture.

They don't help the retail space (digital-only titles) but they are definitely filling the void while also getting somewhat ignored at times, they are still part of the zero-sum game that is the market and consumer pockets. The lack of needing to make carts/discs for the games also helps keep costs and distribution issues down, and nowadays you can get all the exposure of a box with a piece of paper that sells a digital download and also YouTube.

monpiece

Banned

Kiseki games are selling very well on Vita. They are Falcom's biggest IP, so if Vita and PS3 are enough for their biggest IP, your reasoning makes no sense. No matter how much you come up with nonsense arguments for every publisher to release all their games in Nintendo platforms here in Media Create threads, they will not change their plans because of you.

Good, another one is on board.

waaat I thought everyone here agreed that Famitsu was the best.

PSP The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 107,044
PSP The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC 117,496
PSP The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd 122,394

PSP The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki 120,283
PSP The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki 212,108

PSV The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki 145,121
PS3 The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki 103,457

PSV The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II 120,751
PS3 The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II 90,746

Doubt they're dropping Sony platforms any soon though.

SnK was the best selling one....did not expect that. Hopefully they can transition to PS4 successfully.

monpiece

Banned

We needed numbers to see if the digital releases are growing YoY. Without these numbers, we will never know if the market is shrinking that fast as we believe it is, or if digital sales are offseting a part of the decrease.

SnK was the best selling one....did not expect that. Hopefully they can transition to PS4 successfully.

Sen I and Sen II are over the other titles. The series is still gaining strength, albeit slowly.

this is not just a 3DS problem

Oregano

Oh, really? I had no idea.

Nah, people from Nintendo have said they want to bring Unity to (N)3DS but it probably isn't feasible. However with the N3DS's HTML5 support there is a good chance that Nintendo bring their Web Framework to it.

Salex_

Nevermind. I'll just say I don't understand how you came to that conclusion.

They never announced any platforms or said if the game was exclusive to any platform. If this game was an MMO from the start (assuming whatever handheld/console version is the same as the other versions), then adding those platforms just makes sense in the long term. How does the current sales per week change anything when it comes Falcom's software sales?

Whatever dude, they were clearly making it a Vita exclusive. Then they saw two weeks of shit sales in a year of shit sales over a lifetime of shit sales for the dead dead platform and are changing all their plans. Because need I remind you it's a dead dead platform.
Yeah...this is pretty much what I imagined him saying...and I didn't understand the reasoning lol.

Darius

Banned
Kiseki games are selling very well on Vita. They are Falcom's biggest IP, so if Vita and PS3 are enough for their biggest IP, your reasoning makes no sense. No matter how much you come up with nonsense arguments for every publisher to release all their games in Nintendo platforms here in Media Create threads, they will not change their plans because of you.

You should really stop with your paranoia, I wasn´t talking about Nintendo at all, but about Falcoms factual movement towards smartphone and browser games. And instead of childishly brushing everything of as nonsense with no argument at all from your side, learn to read. Even the charts points out a decline for Sen no Kiseki 2 for PSV and PS3. ;) Anyway past softwaresales completely miss the point, since companies look at market trends, when it comes to long-term strategies. The sales of the systems are available to anyone and the trends I pointed out are quite obviously correct, maybe this is the reason for your whiny response, to suggest they´ll simply ignore these trend, despite their actual moves is wishful thinking. Going forward they´ll likely produce more and more smartphone and browser games, while their other output will at best remain stagnant.

hiska-kun

Do we have or can somebody post the yearly number of released titles for the past 7-8 years?
I remember somebody posted a list last year but i can't find it now.
I would like to check that trend.

monpiece

Banned
You should really stop with your paranoia, I wasn´t talking about Nintendo at all, but about Falcoms factual movement towards smartphone and browser games. And instead of childishly brushing everything of as nonsense with no argument at all from your side, learn to read. Even the charts points out a decline for Sen no Kiseki 2 for PSV and PS3. ;) Anyway past softwaresales completely miss the point, since companies look at market trends, when it comes to long-term strategies. The sales of the systems are available to anyone and the trends I pointed out are quite obviously correct, maybe this is the reason for your whiny response, to suggest they´ll simply ignore these trend, despite their actual moves is wishful thinking. Going forward they´ll likely produce more and more smartphone and browser games, while their other output will at best remain stagnant.

First, Sen no Kiseki II was released recently and we don't have updated numbers from Famitsu Top 100 or MC Top 500 to reach any conclusion. But you only look at numbers that fit your discourse.

Second, the "trend" you pointed out is only meaningful for you and for veiled console war stuff that is often posted in these threads to spell doom and gloom over the platforms other than their preferred ones.

If anyone would take seriously your "quite obviously correct" trends, every company would immediately shut down development for 3DS, Vita, Wii U and PS3 because the trend is going downward, and not by an insignificant margin. That would leave only XB1 and PS4, because they don't have enough data to indicate a downward trend, but they would probably die as soon as any hint of lower sales in one quarter hit one of those systems.

If that is what you believe, okay. But it is hard to believe that comes from the same person that said companies publish games in platforms other than 3DS just because they are greedy, stubborn, and like to suffer.

Incidentally, the software sales of the dead systems (Wii U and Vita) increased during the same period.

you really want compare the amount of games developed for PS2/GC/XB/GBA era with the current one ?

a lot of developers moved on mobile, some others on digital (the first two which comes on my mind are D3P and Arc System Works)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Famitsu digital estimates:

[3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.01.11} - 20.209
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi <RPG> (Square Enix) {2014.02.06} - 8.714
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.07.10} - 84.227

Ok, Kirby digital estimates are only until May, since it didn't chart anymore in the top 30 retail+digital ranking.
DQM2 digital is just for february and march (didn't chart after that).
Also, Kirby has download codes that are not included in this pure digital figures, while YW2 doesn't have these cards.

But there's something wrong with this.
Kirby and DQM2 numbers are too low.

There's also some discrepances between Nintendo's report for Smash for 3DS digital sales and Famitsu.

Had to quote a post from pages back because I had another thought on this matter. We haven't got a retail + digital eShop yearly chart, thus we can't get an idea of the volume for these titles straight from seeing how titles like Kirby Fighter Z ranks (it sold more than 100,000, since its LTD is higher than Gunman Clive), as I thought initially, but there's another instrument.

Going by Famitsu digital estimates, Yokai Watch 2 OG sold 84,000 units across its two SKUs. In the case both SKUs sold the same, it means that each sold 42,000 units on eShop (in this case, pure eShop sales since no digital cards). Thus, each and every title above both of them did at least 42,000 units. And 42,000 is a minimum: depending on how much more Honke sold than Ganso, that lower limit could be 45,000 if not 50,000. But let's keep things simple, and stay with 42,000. This means that, according to Famitsu, each Pokémon SKU surely sold more than 42,000 across digital channels and retail codes (Nintendo charts include them). The same for P&DZ and for Kirby and DQM.

So, both Kirby: Triple Deluxe and DQM2 sold more than 42,000 overall digital copies (eShop + retail). Unfortunately, we don't know which is digital retail codes' share on overall retail sales, otherwise we could get a better idea about how many pure download sales those titles had, as a minimum at least.

monpiece

Banned
you really want compare the amount of games developed for PS2/GC/XB/GBA era with the current one ?

a lot of developers moved on mobile, some others on digital (the first two which comes on my mind are D3P and Arc System Works)

Who has talked about PS2/GC/XB/GBA? I said that systems newer than 3DS didn't have the same "problem" 3DS had in the last 9 months compared to the same period last year, despite 3DS lineup being stellar and the dead systems lineup being meh.

I personally don't think that the lack of increase in 3DS sales is a 3DS huge problem, but it goes against the proposed common-sense solution. Something must be done in order to revitalize the market, and for that it is needed a real growth, not moving sales from one game to another. And I can't see any solution that would either expand dramatically the hardware sold, inverting the trend of many years or that would increase the number of games bought by person, which would offset the hardware decrease. Youkai Watch, despite its success, didn't do that to 3DS alone. Maybe 10 games like Youkai Watch would to that, but there is no evidence that confirms or contradicts that proposition.

Darius

Banned
First, Sen no Kiseki II was released recently and we don't have updated numbers from Famitsu Top 100 or MC Top 500 to reach any conclusion. But you only look at numbers that fit your discourse.

Second, the "trend" you pointed out is only meaningful for you and for veiled console war stuff that is often posted in these threads to spell doom and gloom over the platforms other than their preferred ones.

If anyone would take seriously your "quite obviously correct" trends, every company would immediately shut down development for 3DS, Vita, Wii U and PS3 because the trend is going downward, and not by an insignificant margin. That would leave only XB1 and PS4, because they don't have enough data to indicate a downward trend, but they would probably die as soon as any hint of lower sales in one quarter hit one of those systems.

If that is what you believe, okay. But it is hard to believe that comes from the same person that said companies publish games in platforms other than 3DS just because they are greedy, stubborn, and like to suffer.

The one who´s making this a matter of "console wars" is you, lol. Just continue with your wishful thinking and everything is ok mantra. That you are putting every system that had a decline on the same page and ignoring actual sales is typical for desperate spin-doctors. But to make it clear to you, there is a difference between a decline from great sales to good sales and a decline from bad sales, and PSV proudly fits the latter one.

Even the charts points out a decline for Sen no Kiseki 2 for PSV and PS3. ;)

I don't think that's quite true.

Those charts are comparing Sen no Kiseki after a year on the market vs. Sen no Kiseki 2 after a few months on the market (i.e. so there's not a bargain version release yet; and no mega-discount-on-PSN-which-sold-10k-in-a-month and no end of 2014 figures).

End of 2013 figures, without digital:

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-top-100-best-selling-games-of-2013-in-full/

82. [PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki # (Nihon Falcom) {2013.09.26} (¥7.140) – 119.220

Digital in 2013:

[PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki [PlayStation Store] {DL} 4,489 / 7,375

So combined end of 2013 sales = 126,595.

Looks like a drop to 120,751 for SnK2 (retail + digital) but that's based on the last time that Sen no Kiseki 2 charted in Famitsu:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916924

20./14. [PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2014.09.25} (¥7.344) - 2.128 / 112.470 <80-100%> (-35%)

(Oddly, the figures are slightly off with what's in the database (113,726).

If you make a comparison to SnK1, the last time it charted in Famitsu:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702424

28./17. [PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2013.09.26} (¥7.140) - 2.466 / 110.687 <80-100%> (-47%)

And the end of year figures I reported before:

82. [PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki # (Nihon Falcom) {2013.09.26} (¥7.140) – 119.220

Difference of 9k, which is presumably what it sold between from outside-of-top-30-Famitsu -> end of year.

If it were to follow the same trend this year, then SnK2 would actually have outsold the first game in the same timeframe on Vita.

PS3 is a whole other kettle of fish, which I can't particularly examine because it didn't show up in Famitsu top 100 for 2013. Looks to be on the downwards trend though.

Anyway, I'm not getting into the whole console declining stuff, just wanted to point out that.

tl;dr version - Vita version of SnK2 likely didn't decline from the first game, if anything, it may have increased.

Scum

Nah, people from Nintendo have said they want to bring Unity to (N)3DS but it probably isn't feasible. However with the N3DS's HTML5 support there is a good chance that Nintendo bring their Web Framework to it.

Does seems more likely. But yeah. NCL will be fools not to have handheld(s) that supports good shit like Unity and other fancy mobile engines.

Takao

Banned
If Tokyo Xanadu was ever planned as a Vita exclusive, I imagine it would move over to a Vita/PS3/PS4 release before mobile ...

If Tokyo Xanadu was ever planned as a Vita exclusive, I imagine it would move over to a Vita/PS3/PS4 release before mobile ...
Whatever dude, they were clearly making it a Vita exclusive. Then they saw two weeks of shit sales in a year of shit sales over a lifetime of shit sales for the dead dead platform and are changing all their plans. Because need I remind you it's a dead dead platform.

Who has talked about PS2/GC/XB/GBA? I said that systems newer than 3DS didn't have the same "problem" 3DS had in the last 9 months compared to the same period last year, despite 3DS lineup being stellar and the dead systems lineup being meh.

I personally don't think that the lack of increase in 3DS sales is a 3DS huge problem, but it goes against the proposed common-sense solution. Something must be done in order to revitalize the market, and for that it is needed a real growth, not moving sales from one game to another. And I can't see any solution that would either expand dramatically the hardware sold, inverting the trend of many years or that would increase the number of games bought by person, which would offset the hardware decrease. Youkai Watch, despite its success, didn't do that to 3DS alone. Maybe 10 games like Youkai Watch would to that, but there is no evidence that confirms or contradicts that proposition.

I AM talking about PS2/GC/XB/GBA era when I meant "this is not just a 3DS problems", actually less games are sold every week compared to the past, this is a GENERAL situation, not an exclusive 3DS problem

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/before/03_12.html

those are only 3rd party games released in DECEMBER 2003 for GC, the same quantity probably released in 2nd half 2014 for Wii U combining both nintendo and 3rd parties

http://search.jp.playstation.com/search?query=&sort=2&count=50&group=1&pspUmd=1&design=2&start=500
PSP games released in December 2007
Too lazy to count them ? They are 21, probably the same Vita had in Q4 2014

As I said, developers moved on mobile/digital, so retail releases are becoming less and less; just to make an example, D3P made the Simple Series, I don't remember how many on PS1, over 100 titles on PS2, a good 40 titles (or more) on DS, they switched the series on Wii U, PSV and PS4, a couple of titles, Simple @ Series on 3DS (digital) already has more than 30 titles, those titles in the past were all retail, now are digital
ASW the same, they released many games on both 3DS and Vita, the same games around 5-6 years ago were absolutely sold by retail

Darius

Banned

Even in a sarcastic post you couldn´t resist the urge to sugarcoat PSVs sales, sure just 2 weeks of bad sales. everythingisok.gif

That the exclusive for PSV part was actually refering to fanboys hyping it up as an actual PSV/PS exclusive surely didn´t cross your mind lol.

yurinka

Nirolak, here you have some additional numbers about Ubi (last 3 monhs not included so no ACU/FC4/The Crew/Just Dance 2015 included):

- Assassin's Creed®: 78 million
- Just Dance&#8482;: 50 million
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®: 31 million
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six®: 26 million
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®: 25 million
- Rayman®: 26 million
- Petz®: 24 million
- Imagine&#8482;: 21 million
- Prince of Persia®: 20 million
- Far Cry®: 20 million;
- Driver®: 19 million
- Rayman Raving Rabbids®: 14 million
- The Settlers®: 10 million
- The Experience: 9 million
- Watch_Dogs: 9 million
- Anno&#8482;: 5 million
- Your Shape: 3 million

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/en-US/about_ubisoft/facts_and_figures.aspx

P.S.:Lol at Just Dance numbers

sense

Even in a sarcastic post you couldn´t resist the urge to sugarcoat PSVs sales, sure just 2 weeks of bad sales. everythingisok.gif

That the exclusive for PSV part was actually refering to fanboys hyping it up as an actual PSV/PS exclusive surely didn´t cross your mind lol.

i don't even....

sörine

Banned
I think moving to PSV+3/4 development was already Falcom's backup for Vita cratering. And they did it awhile back, after Ys Celceta.

They probably would've been okay just jumping ship wholesale to 3DS, but they didn't. Not an uncommon story either really.

Fdkn

I AM talking about PS2/GC/XB/GBA era when I meant "this is not just a 3DS problems", actually less games are sold every week compared to the past, this is a GENERAL situation, not an exclusive 3DS problem

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/before/03_12.html

those are only 3rd party games released in DECEMBER 2003 for GC, the same quantity probably released in 2nd half 2014 for Wii U combining both nintendo and 3rd parties

http://search.jp.playstation.com/search?query=&sort=2&count=50&group=1&pspUmd=1&design=2&start=500
PSP games released in December 2007
Too lazy to count them ? They are 21, probably the same Vita had in Q4 2014

As I said, developers moved on mobile/digital, so retail releases are becoming less and less; just to make an example, D3P made the Simple Series, I don't remember how many on PS1, over 100 titles on PS2, a good 40 titles (or more) on DS, they switched the series on Wii U, PSV and PS4, a couple of titles, Simple @ Series on 3DS (digital) already has more than 30 titles, those titles in the past were all retail, now are digital
ASW the same, they released many games on both 3DS and Vita, the same games around 5-6 years ago were absolutely sold by retail

http://search.jp.playstation.com/se...psvCard=1&group=1&pspUmd=0&design=2&start=400

That same page shows 21 vita games on december 2014.

So maybe you should try to confirm those things before stating them as facts

Edit: Looking closely there are 3 Limited Editions, so 18 games in those 21 entries.

crinale

sörine;146440181 said:
I think moving to PSV+3/4 development was already Falcom's backup for Vita cratering. And they did it awhile back, after Ys Celceta.

They probably would've been okay just jumping ship wholesale to 3DS, but they didn't. Not an uncommon story either really.

It's like at Asian market Sony is publishing some Falcom's games, just like Nintendo did for some Dragon Quest in NA (And Asian market is quite important for a small company like Falcom). So they do have a reason to stick with Sony for a while.

sörine

Banned
It's like at Asian market Sony is publishing some Falcom's games, just like Nintendo did for some Dragon Quest in NA (And Asian market is quite important for a small company like Falcom). So they do have a reason to stick with Sony for a while.
If doing well in Asia is the goal then Falcom should dump consoles in general and head back to PC.

I thought they had already headed back to PC, with Steam releases being a bit of a boon. I would think PC/Mobile will be their eventual destination.

They would/will probably be okay if they end up moving to the 3- or 4DS too.

They're, as far as can tell, a company that subsists on relatively low sales.

crinale

sörine;146442665 said:
If doing well in Asia is the goal then Falcom should dump consoles in general and head back to PC.

..and lose their mainline revenue from consoles, right? I don't think so..

Darius

Banned
A lifetime of shit sales sure does sugar coat the Vita's performance. #l2rleetspeakawesomesauce

It´s really always surprising to see people getting this offended by mere facts. Really sad how hard some try to push the debate into extremes. Disappointing or bad becomes "shit","dead" etc. just for the purpose to exaggerate the others opinions.

Anyway it´s quite ironic to see some of the very same people that were very active to put 3DSs sales in a very bad light this year getting very defensive when it comes to PSV. The irony is that 3DSs "bad" 2014 sales, almost outsold PSVs lifetime sales but for whatever silly reason they cry foul whenever PSVs performance is beeing put in question.

Top Bottom