• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 6, 2015 (Feb 02 - Feb 08)

Road

PREDICTION LEAGUE 2015 YEAR

Predict how much these items will sell in 2015 (from 2014/12/29 to 2015/12/27):
[3DS] Hardware -
[PSV] Hardware -
[WIU] Hardware -
[PS4] Hardware -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deadline: February 18th 2015 08:00 am (EST)
t1424264400z1.png

zeromcd73

Famitsu PS4 first year satisfaction survey (1064 people)

- 37% Satisfied
- 31% Extremely Satisfied
- 32% Not Satisfied

Overall reception was fairly meh. People are looking forward to Japanese games, a price cut, and Morpheus.

KoopaTheCasual

- 37% Satisfied
- 32% Not Satisfied

Overall reception was fairly meh. People are looking forward to Japanese games, a price cut, and Morpheus.
Are they actually? or are you speculating?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

- 37% Satisfied
- 32% Not Satisfied

Type-0 HD will save everything!

[3DS] Hardware 2500k
[PSV] Hardware 750k
[WIU] Hardware 450k
[PS4] Hardware 1000k

Vena

Wow, interesting. Kinda figured (completely out of my own ass) that the concept of Morpheus and VR wouldn't catch on at all in Japan, but it's neat to see they're actually really excited about it.

I don't know if I'd take a famitsu poling to mean much of anything for the wider consumer base.

Busaiku

Looks like Marvelous is gonna have a really bad year.
With Lord of Magna tanking, Senran Kagura 2 underperforming, the possibility of Estival Versus not doing too hot, and now the IA/VT fiasco...

PoPoPoLoCrois Farm Story might be their saving grace, but I'm not seeing too much hype regarding that either.

random25

[3DS] Hardware - 3,000,000
[PSV] Hardware - 700,000
[WIU] Hardware - 700,000
[PS4] Hardware - 900,000

Looks like Marvelous is gonna have a really bad year.
With Lord of Magna tanking, Senran Kagura 2 underperforming, the possibility of Estival Versus not doing too hot, and now the IA/VT fiasco...

PoPoPoLoCrois Farm Story might be their saving grace, but I'm not seeing too much hype regarding that either.

That's why they'll have RF5 slated for later this year :p

So, two new games announced for 3DS in the last few hours: Corpse Party and a new Dragon Ball fighting game, all slated for this Summer. The latter could do well.

February
  • The Seven Deadly Sins: Unjust Sin (Bandai Namco) - Feb 11th
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (Nintendo) - Feb 14th
  • Kiniro no Corda 3: Full Voice Edition (Koei Tecmo) - Feb 26th

March
  • LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (Nintendo) - Mar 5th
  • Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon (Atlus) - Mar 5th
  • Doraemon: Nobita’s Space Hero Record of Space Heroes (FuRyu) - Mar 5th
  • New Prince of Tennis ~Go to the Top~ (Konami) - Mar 5th
  • Assasination Classroom: Grand Siege on Kurosensei (Bandai Namco) - Mar 12th
  • PriPara & Pretty Rhythm (Bandai Namco) - Mar 19th
  • Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (Square Enix) - Mar 26th
  • Kuroko’s Basketball: Ties to the Future (Bandai Namco) - Mar 26th
  • Atelier Rorona (Tecmo Koei) - Mar 26th
  • Nashijiru Busha!! Funassyi VS Dragons -Mar 26th

April
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (Nintendo) - April 2nd
  • Rodea: The Sky Soldier (Kadokawa) - April 2nd
  • Terra Formars: Akaki Hoshi no Gekitou (FuRyu) - Apr 2nd
  • Girls Mode 3 Kirakira ? Kode (Nintendo) - Apr 16th
  • Bravely Second (Square Enix) - Apr 23rd
  • Apprentice Witch and Fluffy Friends (Nippon Columbia) - Apr 23rd
  • Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition (GungHo) - Apr 29th

May
  • Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. Lincoln VS Aliens (Nintendo) - May 14th
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Deluxe (SEGA) - May 28th

June
  • PoPoLoCrois Harvest Moon (Marvelous) - Jun 18th

TBA 2015
  • Stella Glow (imageepoch) - Winter
  • Tribe Cool Crew: THE G@ME (Bandai Namco) - Spring
  • Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden (Bandai Namco) - Summer
  • Corpse Party: Blood Covered... Repeated Fear (.5pb) - Summer
  • Langrisser 3DS (Masaya) - Summer
  • Rhythm Heaven 3DS (Nintendo) - Summer
  • Fire Emblem If (Nintendo) - Summer
  • Dai Gyakuten Saiban (Capcom) - TBA
  • Kaio: King of Pirates (Marvelous) - TBA

casiopao

Shipment was tiny, that's why.

A beat'em up based on a popular manga / anime.

This actually a big question for me here. If a certain title which they undershipped suddenly had great sales and huge interest from consumer, is it possible for retail shops to re-order again those games especially if they are niche title? Like Kenka Banchou?

Oregano

This actually a big question for me here. If a certain title which they undershipped suddenly had great sales and huge interest from consumer, is it possible for retail shops to re-order again those games especially if they are niche title? Like Kenka Banchou?

Yeah, look at how Youkai Watch did. Of course it can take time to get a reprint for a niche titles, Attack on Titan suffered due to that.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's report

- As it was expected, Zelda Majora's Mask is the best selling game for the week. It sold better than Ocarina of Time and A Link Between Worlds. And as Pokemon ORAS, it was bought by +20 years old people who played the last entry.
- The second place is for Samurai Warriors 4-II, the PS4 version was close to sell out.
- Third place is for Seven Deadly Sins, that it was huge supply constrained in all the country. If more stock has been available, maybe could have ranked higher.

Next week:

- God Eater 2: Rage Burst for Vita is expected to top the charts. Good amount of pre-orders. For the first time is released in a home console too (or not if we count Vita TV). Second place could be for Zelda, GE2 PS4 version or The Order 1886.

http://mantan-web.jp/2015/02/17/20150217dog00m200055000c.html

zeromcd73

How much this game is expected to sell in Japan? In the range of 250-300k LTD at best?
No clue.
Next week:

- God Eater 2: Rage Burst is expected to top the charts. Good amount of pre-orders. For the first time is released in a home console too (or not if we count Vita TV). Second place could be for Zelda, GE2 PS4 version or The Order 1886.

http://mantan-web.jp/2015/02/17/20150217dog00m200055000c.html
Looking forward to seeing if God Eater can give both PSV and PS4 a bump.

they can but i think it depends a lot by the publisher

see for example Attack on Titans 2 years ago, which was sold-out for 3 weeks despite the high demand

and if it's a niche title shipment is not huge, so retail shops can order again but if the publisher doesn't provide any other stock price skyrockets

regarding KB6, it had not a big shipment but a good sell through, probably the developer had a good estimation about the sales, and if the price is still holding decently it means there is some interest around the game

the opposite happened with SK2, a huge shipment followed by poor sales, people bringing back the game, no demand for used copy, price collapsing

hiska-kun

Regarding Kenka Bancho, the truth is that already had a second shipment, in week 1.

The blog associated to Media Create shared a 40-50% sell-through for the first day sales

http://orenoweb4th.blog.jp/archives/1017726146.html

Later, he wrote an entry talking about how some shops saw a good first day sales and ordered a second shipment. And they ended with a mountain of games.

http://orenoweb4th.blog.jp/archives/1018174522.html

He doesn't say is KB6, but you can figure out looking at the link he posted (a hint).

Later, Media Create reported a 45% sell-through for the week.

[3DS] Kenka Bancho 6: Soul & Blood <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2015.01.15} (¥6.458) - 24.274 / NEW <45,07%>

Since that would mean it sold 0 copies on Fri, Sat and Sun, That practically confirms that KB6, had a second shipment the same week, just after first day sales.

No clue.

Looking forward to seeing if God Eater can give both PSV and PS4 a bump.

there are 3 different value packs, I think those will help sales more than the game

the only audience interested in buying Vita could be previous PSP owners who want to play Rage Burst

PS4 boost will be related to the incoming DQH, not for GE

ZhugeEX

Banned
Tsutaya's report

- The second place is for Samurai Warriors 4-II, the PS4 version was close to sell out.

Close to sell out? I'm assuming they shipped around 30k so maybe 20k+ is the sell through.

Still terrible for a new game releasing across 3 platforms.

Musou games have done terrible in Japan on PS4. No wonder Koei are holding back from a true PS4 game. (Like a number of companies)

L~A

two vita rhythm games with troubled development cycles face off on june 25th

marvelous gonna lose

I guess they wanted both to have the game out before the end of Q1. I believe Atlus doesn't have anything for that quarter, right? Since Etrian Mystery Dungeon is out on March 5.

But yeah, P4D should be the winner.

duckroll

So new DBZ Butouden by Arc System Works is a decent sized announcement. Possible 200k seller?

It should do well. Also, this announcement reminds me of the point I brought up a show while ago when Pennywise was wondering about more good quality mid-range budget portable games for big IPs like DBZ. I pointed out that it was generally a case of needing the find the right resources, and it looks like Bandai Namco has found a new partner which fits well in this case.

Oregano

It should do well. Also, this announcement reminds me of the point I brought up a show while ago when Pennywise was wondering about more good quality mid-range budget portable games for big IPs like DBZ. I pointed out that it was generally a case of needing the find the right resources, and it looks like Bandai Namco has found a new partner which fits well in this case.

Yeah, I actually thought it might be Treasure seeing as how Gaist Crusher is clearly going nowhere. I think the most important thing is that ASW suggests a certain level of quality.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah, I actually thought it might be Treasure seeing as how Gaist Crusher is clearly going nowhere. I think the most important thing is that ASW suggests a certain level of quality.

No, the most important thing is that Treasure is still free, so the odds of getting a new Sin & Punishment are higher than ever!

From 0.1% to 0.2%! I love progress!

duckroll

Hmmm... looking at sales trends for Dragonball though, this might not hit 200k that easily in Japan. It looks like the sales have dropped a lot over the years.

On PS3, there's a decline from >100k from 2009, slowing dropping year after year until ~50k last year. Xenoverse seems to be a huge rebound though.

On the DS, in 2005 DBZ could do >300k (Supersonic Warriors 2), in 2008 >200k (Origins), barely under 200k in 2009 (Attack of the Saiyans), <100k in 2010 (Origins 2) and 2011 (Ultimate Butoden).

If the game is well received, I can see it doing >100k again, but 200k might be a bit of a challenge.

duckroll

Actually, I forgot about the Ultimate Mission card games on the 3DS. Those did really well, but there was also a decline from almost 300k for the first title to about 150k on the sequel. So it'll be interesting to see how a more traditional sort of DBZ game does on the 3DS.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Isnt the new DBZ movie also hitting this summer ? The game might benefit from a cross promotion.

Oregano

Actually, I forgot about the Ultimate Mission card games on the 3DS. Those did really well, but there was also a decline from almost 300k for the first title to about 150k on the sequel. So it'll be interesting to see how a more traditional sort of DBZ game does on the 3DS.

That is why I only suggested possible 200k. I think a lot depends on what kind of quality ASW are able to deliver too.

duckroll

Isnt the new DBZ movie also hitting this summer ? The game might benefit from a cross promotion.

Yeah that's a good point too. The new movie is coming out in April, so the game will be out a little later than that, but the synergy should be good. The last movie came out in 2013 a month after Ultimate Mission hit, and that worked out really well.

- 37% Satisfied
- 32% Not Satisfied

I can bet that 90% of those users are looking for it because of the School Girl game from Tekken Producer.

Eolz

No, the most important thing is that Treasure is still free, so the odds of getting a new Sin & Punishment are higher than ever!

From 0.1% to 0.2%! I love progress!

I'm still thinking Treasure will be the studio helping Nintendo on Starfox U. A lot more plausible and reasonable than Platinum or some others.

L~A

I'm still thinking Treasure will be the studio helping Nintendo on Starfox U. A lot more plausible and reasonable than Platinum or some others.

Hmm... Q Games seems more likely imo. Treasure is probably too busy with Gaist Crusher God G ;)

Yes, evne though ASW was a bit unexpected.

The last update has Ultimate Mission 2 at 181k; it might have crawled into the 200k mark. Anyway, if the game is well promoted, and released at the right time (so to exploit, for example, Obon), it might sell well; surely better than home entries.

L~A

Media Create analysis for Week 6.

"Dragonball Xenoverse" sold 80 thousand copies in total due to sound sales of its PS3 and PS4 edition, both of whose digestibility rate outnumbered 90%

&#12539; Total software sales were 413 thousand copies.
Although multiple new titles were released, their sales didn't match with the titles last week, with a ratio of new software sales to total software sales falling from 36.30% last week to 29.45% this week.

&#12539; "Dragonball Xenoverse" sold 80 thousand copies across 4 platforms. Its initial sales volume outnumbered those of " Dragon Ball Z: BATTLE OF Z " released in January 2014 (54 thousand copies across 3 platforms, 104 thousand copies in accumulated sales).
Since installments of 'Dragonball' franchise differed in platform, genre and contents, it is impossible to make a simple comparison, but it can be said that it got off to a smooth start as the franchise.
When it comes to its sales breakdown, its PS3 edition sold 44 thousand copies (digestibility rate: 89.25%), which were the highest sales among all platforms released.
The PS4 edition came next, with its sales amounting to 35 thousand copies (89.14%). These 2 editions debuted in the first and the second place on the chart this week.
Given the digestibility rates of both the PS3 and the PS4 edition were as high as 90% and around, the actual sales outnumbered retailers' expectation beforehand, and many retailers seem to sell it out.
Initial weekly sales of the installment of this franchise were usually around 50% of accumulated sales, so a certain amount of sales volume after the second week can be expected.
For sales of the PS4 tend to concentrate into the first week, it can be assumed that sales of the PS3 edition will lead its total sales.

mao2

WIxdWYT.jpg

Sorry if this has been posted, but Makai Shin Trillion has a interesting way to encourage people to pre-order the game.
http://www.compileheart.com/trillion/campaign/

The yellow bar on the left is the amount of pre-orders (updated weekly). As more pre-orders come in, it will grow and gain ranks. Gaining ranks will unlock DLCs and other stuff which will be given out for free. The funny thing is, it also shows whether the game is making a loss or profit based on the current level of pre-orders. Ranks D, C and B are the "loss" levels. Rank A is "recoup ~ profit" level, and finally Rank S is "super profit" level.

Top Bottom