• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men’s cuddling group aims to redefine masculinity and heal trauma

CyberPanda

Banned
https://www.philly.com/health/men-c...ma-mental-health-20190325.html?outputType=amp

It may seem odd, but members of the Men’s Therapeutic Cuddle Group say the practice has helped them cope with everything from childhood sexual abuse to the loss of family members when they were young.

The two-year-old group draws men from various backgrounds: a 37-year-old Mormon who works as an airport gate agent, a 57-year-old married father of three, a 62-year-old retiree. There is a range of sexual orientations.

At a time when traditional ideas of manhood are facing scrutiny and such terms as toxic masculinity are becoming more widely known through the MeToo movement, the group aims to provide new ways for men to express themselves.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
images

Tesseract

Banned
So you don’t hug your dad?

we do not hug. i'm not against hugging my dad to be clear, if he's dying of cancer or something i'm gonna hug him shortly before he croaks.

i'm irish tho, we're a stoic people.

i should have clarified, hugging strange men is not in my cards. especially the creepy embracing that i'm seeing in this story.

if i wanna get close to someone, i'll do it with the opposite sex.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I'd like a cuddling group for heterosexuals and cuddle some hot chicks problems away. 😍

aye, i'd be all for this, although tbh the idea of hugging complete strangers seems like something for people tending to subservient roles in social situations.

but i also come from a military family going back before the civil war, so there's a element of bravado there that probably clouds my judgement.

feel free to join your cuddle groups if you want, i'm not gonna stop you.

tldr

64db0a13b6b6355ce9433855eb9c65946e66b2b6ac44a108f9ee35c0d96d91d6.jpg

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
we do not hug. i'm not against hugging my dad to be clear, if he's dying of cancer or something i'm gonna hug him shortly before he croaks.

i'm irish tho, we're a stoic people.

i should have clarified, hugging strange men is not in my cards. especially the creepy embracing that i'm seeing in this story.

if i wanna get close to someone, i'll do it with the opposite sex.
Fair enough, and I love the Irish.

Tesseract

Banned
there's a softness with women that you don't get with men, and it appeals to my heteronormativity

men are just absolute brute tanks, it feels odd embracing them

i wouldn't be against embracing a trans woman for example, just because it's more in line with what i like

different strokes for different folks

Last edited:
aye, i'd be all for this, although tbh the idea of hugging complete strangers seems like something for people tending to subservient roles in social situations.

but i also come from a military family going back before the civil war, so there's a element of bravado there that probably clouds my judgement.

feel free to join your cuddle groups if you want, i'm not gonna stop you.

tldr

64db0a13b6b6355ce9433855eb9c65946e66b2b6ac44a108f9ee35c0d96d91d6.jpg
I don't think any female would actually wanna take part in something like this lol

(In seriousness I wouldn't either)

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
If I haven't seen people for a while, or they are going away (distant friends for instance) I usually go with the hug or the handshake - hug.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
One can cuddle in a harem of women getting the same benefits that are scientifically proven. You don't need IdPol agenda to push this.

Top Bottom