• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

looks good. jack erwin?

yep!

here's a better pic:

oxI9OVb.jpg

Ive been looking into tech fabric pants, and since i cant get the one i want from Outlier, i saw Bonobos got one as well.

Anyone got their tech chino? Was thinking of trying it out.

https://bonobos.com/products/tech-c...short-length=8 in&short-size=s&short-waist=29

I can't speak for their tech chinos, but I have two pairs of their Weekday Warrior dress pants, and I really like them! I have difficulty finding pants that fit well since I have thick legs (love the Levi 541 jeans), and their athletic fit dress pants fit like a glove. I probably wouldn't pay full price for them, though (the $98 Weekday Warriors, that is). I will probably pick up some more around Black Friday.

With that said, they have great customer service and a quick and painless return policy with free shipping, so there is a low risk to giving them a try.

Oxn

I can't speak for their tech chinos, but I have two pairs of their Weekday Warrior dress pants, and I really like them! I have difficulty finding pants that fit well since I have thick legs (love the Levi 541 jeans), and their athletic fit dress pants fit like a glove. I probably wouldn't pay full price for them, though (the $98 Weekday Warriors, that is). I will probably pick up some more around Black Friday.

With that said, they have great customer service and a quick and painless return policy with free shipping, so there is a low risk to giving them a try.

Thanks. I have purchased from them before, and they have been great with returns and shipping. I just don't like ordering things if im not really really sure on it.

But to your statement, the weekday warrior pants are also in my cart. I will probably buy that and the tech chino. They are having a 25% store wide sale now.

Those of you who ordered Uniqlo U stuff recently, have you gotten your order confirmation emails or shipping notifications?

I ordered something Saturday evening and I only have the initial "Your Uniqlo order" email, no "Your order is confirmed" or any of the other emails that usually arrive afterwards.

Apparently if you used PayPal your order might not have gone through and you need to call them?

Ubisoft, I assume

giphy.gif

Speaking of jackets/coats, I just received an email from Outlier. I really like this new Strongwool Topcoat, I love simple designs...

101-outlier-strongwooltopcoat-ay.jpg

102-Outlier-StrongwoolTopcoat-backcollardetail.jpg

106-Outlier-StrongwoolTopcoat-pop.jpg

001-Outlier-Strongwool-Feature.jpg

003-Outlier-Strongwool-Feature-cs.jpg

Having said that, I have no use for a coat like that. I live in a city where winter is just a joke compared to other places. A simple jacket does the trick.

Sometimes I wished I lived in a city that was cold enough that required using a nice top coat in winter but then when winter comes around here in LA and it's sunny and dry I'm like nah...

Oxn

Sometimes I wished I lived in a city that was cold enough that required using a nice top coat in winter but then when winter comes around here in LA and it's sunny and dry I'm like nah...

I wish i can live somewhere, where i can wear shorts all year round.

Same , I drool over leather jackets all the time ,but I'd just never wear one , too hot .

I would not describe leather jackets as cold weather jackets at all or hot. Leather is a horrible insulator. It's basically a fancy wind breaker in winter. Wear a tshirt and leather in any weather bellow 45f and you will be very cold.

I would not describe leather jackets as cold weather jackets at all or hot. Leather is a horrible insulator. It's basically a fancy wind breaker in winter. Wear a tshirt and leather in any weather bellow 45f and you will be very cold.

That is true but if he lived in a hot and humid climate, the last thing you want to wear is a leather jacket. A leather jacket in socal is alright fall-spring but in say Hawaii or Florida I would be like hell no.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
jfc at this shearling RC sweat.

that price tho. ��

Yeah I was thinking of getting it, but I don't like the nylon bottom and the cuffs.

On a similar topic, this "cardigan" from nonnative looks awesome, too bad this brand is totally unaffordable. https://www.instagram.com/p/BZQ8LrlBRP2/?hl=en&taken-by=that_nonnative

Or this jacket, would be a nice upgrade over my Columbia fleece for chilly weather when out of town or camping.

I got this from Fanmail in black and one in ivory, couldn't find a better pic:

But the ultimate sherpa would be the Fear of God one, I'm just not a millionaire, nor a bot.

i don't know if they're gonna be great since they're just $70 Golden Fox boots, but they have good reviews on Reddit/YouTube and they normally run for around $130 so I figure they're still gonna be good value for money.

I'm also gonna be wearing them in rotation with 2 other pairs of shoes. I do zero manual labor so they won't be put through much abuse.

BumRush

i don't know if they're gonna be great since they're just $70 Golden Fox boots, but they have good reviews on Reddit/YouTube and they normally run for around $130 so I figure they're still gonna be good value for money.

I'm also gonna be wearing them in rotation with 2 other pairs of shoes. I do zero manual labor so they won't be put through much abuse.

https://www.timberland.com/shop/mens-earthkeepers-original-leather-6-inch-boots-brown-15551210

I have these, and while they're pretty different they fill the same use case. You cannot go wrong with light brown work boots. They go well with dark jeans, khaki, green, navy, etc etc etc etc.

Hello Fashion-GAF, im looking for some assistance. Im sure some of you are familiar w/ the N7 zipper hoodie sweater from the EA merch store. I really like it b/c its a thick zipper hoodie that can be worn as a jacket and it has a hood.

ed68_n7_stripe_hoodie.jpg

Thing is, i prefer it w/o the graphics and whatnot. I dont know what to search for other than 'heavy weight zipper hoodie' and im getting regular hoodies. What should i look for? Anyone have any leads?

Hello Fashion-GAF, im looking for some assistance. Im sure some of you are familiar w/ the N7 zipper hoodie sweater from the EA merch store. I really like it b/c its a thick zipper hoodie that can be worn as a jacket and it has a hood.

Thing is, i prefer it w/o the graphics and whatnot. I dont know what to search for other than 'heavy weight zipper hoodie' and im getting regular hoodies. What should i look for? Anyone have any leads?

Don't wear pop culture-themed clothing if you want to look good.

If you want a genuinely high-quality zip-up hoodie, check out American Giant: http://www.american-giant.com/class...olate&cgid=mens-sweatshirts-full-zips#start=1

They're not cheap, but for the money you're getting a very well-made product that comes with a lifetime warranty.

Oxn

ed68_n7_stripe_hoodie.jpg

No videogame clothing please.

Sounds like you just want a windbreaker?

Windbreakers are made from lighter fabric, right? Like nylon or something similar? The hoodie above is heavyweight cotton.

Reigning Champ usually sells heavy-weight zip hoodies as part of their core collection, and their new Adidas x RC stuff has some similar zip hoodies in wool blend and quilted jacquard.

If you’re specifically looking for something with the flap details covering the zipper and hood you might have a harder time finding something of good quality. I think Ralph Lauren’s sport brand (RLX?) has had stuff like that in the past, maybe check there.

As giga said what you are lookig for is a parka though short length and with a hood. Uniqlo sell these jackets at a more reasonable price and closer to the style you want.

Here is one of their styles.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-blocktech-parka-400494.html?dwvar_400494_color=COL06

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/ed68_n7_stripe_hoodie.jpg[IMG]

Thing is, i prefer it w/o the graphics and whatnot. I dont know what to search for other than 'heavy weight zipper hoodie' and im getting regular hoodies. What should i look for? Anyone have any leads?[/QUOTE]

I mean it literally just looks like a cotton hoody.

If you want some "serious" looking hoodies or jackets with hoods check out stone island & CP company.

My hair feels like a lost cause

Thinning in the middle area and receded hairline on the sides that i try to grow it out to cover it

Always had curly hair that turns poofy when it grows out too much.

I feel like it marks the end of a significant part of my youth and it depresses me greatly. Im not ready to be bald, to change my image completely and permanently, to be described as an older guy.

Ive never even gotten a chance to express myself with a hairstyle until recently as ive always gone to the barbershop to just get it cut short.

Most recently for the last few years Ive just faded the sides and kept the long top from a neighbour who cuts hair in her basement salon. She’s fine but I guess Im wondering, should I go to a more modern and hip barber and spend the $30 or so and ask them to give me a recommended cut? To live out all the time Ive wasted when it comes to fashion a few final times lol.

Or should I just bite the bullet and embrace baldness for good

CFMOORE!

My hair feels like a lost cause

Thinning in the middle area and receded hairline on the sides that i try to grow it out to cover it

I feel like it marks the end of a significant part of my youth and it depresses me greatly. Im not ready to be bald, to change my image completely and permanently, to be described as an older guy.

Ive never even gotten a chance to express myself with a hairstyle until recently as ive always gone to the barbershop to just get it cut short.

Most recently for the last few years Ive just faded the sides and kept the long top from a neighbour who cuts hair in her basement salon. She's fine but I guess Im wondering, should I go to a more modern and hip barber and spend the $30 or so and ask them to give me a recommended cut?

Or should I just bite the bullet and embrace baldness for good

i bet you're one of these GAF dudes who says they are balding, while still having a head full of thick hair and a slightly maturing hairline. need an example of what you're working with, but in general, i think its worth exploring the right cut for the hair situation. fuck the people who say "shave and work out"

i bet you're one of these GAF dudes who says they are balding, while still having a head full of thick hair and a slightly maturing hairline. need an example of what you're working with, but in general, i think its worth exploring the right cut for the hair situation. fuck the people who say "shave and work out"

Haha. Idk how mature it is. It feels like its past that now. When i pull my hair all the way back, the baldness around the temples is practically half my head I think

And the middle area is thinning. You can start seeing through it. Its game over for me and its a big source of my midlife crisis

Ill share pics tomorrow if youre able to advise me.

And i feel its fine on a frontal view

But then i see pics of me from the side and it just looks like ugly baldness.

Top Bottom