• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 19 | OT | Baseball is the most important thing in the world, but MLB The Show is pretty good, too.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Here you go

So yeah, as I was saying, MTO looks so damn dope and right up my ally for not having the same time to do a full season like I used to when younger. All the variables, and situations makes for it to be very dynamic. Nice ideas borrowed from RttS but put into a "franchise" like mode. Once I finish up 18, I am going to pick up a copy on 19, probably by the All Star Break the latest.

Last edited:
So yeah, as I was saying, MTO looks so damn dope and right up my ally for not having the same time to do a full season like I used to when younger. All the variables, and situations makes for it to be very dynamic. Nice ideas borrowed from RttS but put into a "franchise" like mode. Once I finish up 18, I am going to pick up a copy on 19, probably by the All Star Break the latest.
I’ve gotten hooked on diamond dynasty. Online isn’t smooth like a Call of duty. But still very enjoyable.

Catphish

White Sox 2019 season opener at KC Royals, All-Star default batting and pitching, Ridin's rosters.

I take Wellington Castillo, C 5-5, for 5HR and 9RBI

5 at-bats, 5 home runs.

Couldn't believe it. It's MLB history, according to the announcing crew. No player in the majors has ever done it before. Castillo even came out of the dugout to tip his cap to the KC crowd. 😀

I won that game 16-0, (on 19 hits) while throwing a complete-game 3-hitter with Ervin Santana. For me, on All-Star, this is unheard of. I've played a couple dozen games on All-Star so far this year, and they were absolutely nothing like this. The next game in the series was a 5-4 nail-biter. I guess I was just dialed in. Might have been the iced coffee.

It was fun, though. Definitely won't forget that one. 👍

Dthomp

I gotta say, I'm concerned about the long term playability of this game. I loved programs last year and having something to grind towards. I fully get why the xp reward path exists but it's WAY to easy to get crazy good cards. I have had terrible luck pulling anything the few times I got packs (Packed Altuve, A. Simmons (Gold now), and Tatis Jr, and with the preorder and xp rewards already have a full diamond team.

My issue comes that a month from now when most players have the same lineup (Which is what people bitched about last year) how are we not right back in the same spot as last year, just months quicker then it was then?

I haven't played RTTS (and likely won't, not a great XP thing), I completed MTO with the Mariners and did some trades to get Buhner but that mode feels like it's way to much time spent without any sort of post game rewards.

Moments....I HATE these things, they were a good idea but they are plain awful. They are literally 10x worse then programs ever were. The last batch wasn't bad with the ones you can use your DD team on (Since those seemed to use DD/conquest difficulty) but the final ones with the legends are still the fake harder difficulty. I feel like there is definitely a place for programs to return since as is there aren't as many things for a non online player to do for a grind.

Catphish

Honestly, to me, everything except franchise play, or play now, is a gimmick. If I'm playing an MLB game, then I want to play with MLB teams. The rest of this stuff; DD, Moments, RTTS, the rest of it.. a waste of time to me.

Which is why it bothers me so much that so little effort goes into improving franchise mode. 😠

Last edited:

Dthomp

Honestly, to me, everything except franchise play, or play now, is a gimmick. If I'm playing an MLB game, then I want to play with MLB teams. The rest of this stuff; DD, Moments, RTTS, the rest of it.. a waste of time to me.

Which is why it bothers me so much that so little effort goes into improving franchise mode. 😠

I can see that, I think the reason I like DD, although I mainly just play conquest is that I don't follow current baseball and I grew up with the guys who are legends in this game so that excites me :)

Catphish

I can see that, I think the reason I like DD, although I mainly just play conquest is that I don't follow current baseball and I grew up with the guys who are legends in this game so that excites me :)
Yeah, I get that. For me to say it's a "waste of time" isn't really fair. I have played DD, and enjoyed it. I'm just bitter. I wish Franchise got even half the development attention that DD and RTTS get. I understand they have to follow the money, but that shouldn't necessitate the abandonment of what made that opportunity possible in the first place.

Fox Mulder

Are you being a dick in the clubhouse or on your best behavior

Being nice. I want to do a pitcher one too, will go full asshole for that and see.

Got drafted by O's and they're fucking garbage. It's fun flying through fast games just involving your player and everything you do matters for progression.

Fox Mulder

The DD stuff is fun. There's tons of minigames and scenarios to earn new cards. I haven't bought any and I'm not going online, but it's fun getting better players.

Glad I got this finally.

Top Bottom