• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 19 | OT | Baseball is the most important thing in the world, but MLB The Show is pretty good, too.

mejin

It’s designed to allow casual play and high level play.

I play with disabling the complex mechanics. So I only use single buttons to bat. I’m not using the analog sticks or anything.

They allow you to shorten and speed up games.

It’s for pick up and play all the way to deep rpg players

This is actually really smart.

Thanks for the reply.

This is actually really smart.

Thanks for the reply.

My setup is I play with auto baserunning and auto fielding because I want the ratings and tendencies of my players to matter, just like they do for the CPU. I play with timing hitting (you can use directional aiming if you want but you dont have to with this option on) and classic pitching (sometimes I switch to pulse). I turn off a lot of the on screen stuff and use the broadcast cam. It feels like im watching a real game that I happen to have some control over.

Edit

I don't use broadcast cam for hitting, I use catcher offset or offset zoom, usually

There are dozens of ways you can set it up though.

Last edited:
According to VGR, there have been some pretty cool reactions from MLB players, like this from Bryan Harper:

D2mFnd_X0AIgO1I.jpg

Something I find a tad irritating is when in RttS, swinging and missing a pitch (but not just a strike out) will give you a - Contact vs RHP. I can understand when you strike out, but even when you miss a pitch?

Seems silly to decrease that stat because of that

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Caved in and bought it, for the record it’s my first MLB THE SHOW since it’s inception.

Catphish

Anyone else finding the difficulty easier this year? What I mean is, I played on All-Star since, well, always. And each year, it was always the same. I'd get hits against the CPU, but fail to drive them in. 1 run per 4 or 5 hits was very common for me, and strikeouts were high. Probably 8 per game on average.

This year, though, I'm doing much better on All-Star. I'm making much better contact with the ball, driving in a lot more baserunners, and have yet to have a game where I strikeout more than 5 times.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I also have a 4k TV this time around, for the first time, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I'm I actually seeing the ball better because of the TV?

What are you guys' experiences so far with difficulty?

Anyone else finding the difficulty easier this year? What I mean is, I played on All-Star since, well, always. And each year, it was always the same. I'd get hits against the CPU, but fail to drive them in. 1 run per 4 or 5 hits was very common for me, and strikeouts were high. Probably 8 per game on average.

This year, though, I'm doing much better on All-Star. I'm making much better contact with the ball, driving in a lot more baserunners, and have yet to have a game where I strikeout more than 5 times.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I also have a 4k TV this time around, for the first time, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I'm I actually seeing the ball better because of the TV?

What are you guys' experiences so far with difficulty?
Damn you just broke my heart lol. I am on dynamic and I just thought I was better this year since I’ve reach All Star and haven’t really slowed down in hitting.

Catphish

Damn you just broke my heart lol. I am on dynamic and I just thought I was better this year since I’ve reach All Star and haven’t really slowed down in hitting.
Yeah, sorry, mate :) I'm actually torn now between leaving it at All-Star and enjoying the improvement, or bumping it up because I know I'm not actually this good. :)

Catphish

Two more things:

1) I never gave you props, Musky, for the OT. It's well done. Thank you for it. 👍

2) Have y'all started your franchises yet? I'm thinking I want to wait until after the 'service time's shenanigans are over for the upcoming rookies, like late April / May 1. Thoughts?

Two more things:

1) I never gave you props, Musky, for the OT. It's well done. Thank you for it. 👍

2) Have y'all started your franchises yet? I'm thinking I want to wait until after the 'service time's shenanigans are over for the upcoming rookies, like late April / May 1. Thoughts?
Thank you

No. I’m still RttS. Still AA. But hitting .350 as a 2nd Baseman

Catphish

Musky, you wanna play tonight? Your Nats v my White Sox?

Also, how bout a tourney? Best of 5 advances...

StormCell

Did they make RttS better this year, or is it still "low level scrub with aspirations of getting that sip of coffee in the big leagues so that he can go on to be a bench warmer living out his dreams?"

Did they make RttS better this year, or is it still "low level scrub with aspirations of getting that sip of coffee in the big leagues so that he can go on to be a bench warmer living out his dreams?"
I think it’s way better this year. It’s imo the best it’s ever been.

Catphish

I normally don't give a damn about Diamond Dynasty, but I have to admit that I'm really enjoying it this year. The netcode seems much better this time around, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Anyone else?

(There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in The Show on GAF. Hurts my feefees a little. 😞)

I normally don't give a damn about Diamond Dynasty, but I have to admit that I'm really enjoying it this year. The netcode seems much better this time around, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Anyone else?

(There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in The Show on GAF. Hurts my feefees a little. 😞)
I haven’t.

I’ll hit it up tho and let you know.

Still in AA in RttS 😒

TLZ

Anyone else?

I would love to buy it, but it doesn't get a release in Australia. Therefore, I forget it even exists.

anthraticus

I miss baseball games that had fun fielding......which has always been the big weakness with this series and the cpu automated crap. Totally kills it for me when the cpu overrides my inputs and 'sucks' me towards balls no matter what direction I'm pressing.

Catphish

I miss baseball games that had fun fielding......which has always been the big weakness with this series and the cpu automated crap. Totally kills it for me when the cpu overrides my inputs and 'sucks' me towards balls no matter what direction I'm pressing.
I control my own fielders. I believe there's an option to disable what you're talking about.

Catphish

I always messed with the options and put it on manual fielding, It's still very cpu automated and overrides my controls regardless.
Well, once you're in the right position to trigger a certain animation, that animation will play out, but I'm not sure what else you might be referring to.

anthraticus

Well, once you're in the right position to trigger a certain animation, that animation will play out, but I'm not sure what else you might be referring to.
Yea, it's probably that. They need to make it so you can break out of those canned animations at any time, but I guess that would look odd. It just makes me feel like the game is almost 'playing itself', if that makes any sense.

Catphish

Yea, it's probably that. They need to make it so you can break out of those canned animations at any time, but I guess that would look odd. It just makes me feel like the game is almost 'playing itself', if that makes any sense.
It does, but I also feel like you still have plenty of control/influence before the animations engage.

Catphish

Lets get a league going.

A Gaf league
With no league support in-game, that'd be a hard thing to manage. I was thinking a tournament might be more practical. Try to get 4, 8, or 16 players, best of 5 advances, GAF Series is best of 7.

Last edited:
Just finished playing my first Diamond Dynasty online game.

Online play was good. Opponent didn’t quit. Got a 2-0 win and received a lot of cards for the effort.

Did I mention I have all the Nationals except Stras :messenger_smiling_horns:

Catphish

It's that drunken master White Sox pitching. Oh and I like how Adam fucking Engel had a 2-run HR. I don't expect to see that again at any point in his career.

Last edited:
It's that drunken master White Sox pitching. Oh and I like how Adam fucking Engel had a 3-run HR. I don't expect to see that again at any point in his career.
Every hit after that was “early” and I got frustrated

Also somehow I got 2 runners stuck at 3rd.

I play so much RttS I never learned team base running

Still, good game. Best of 162?

You know, I was going to skip out on this year's game, but my buddy streamed MTO last night for me, raved about how much better fielding is (he used to use auto fielding in the past, but now the ratings based makes it so much better that he switched to manual), and that the gameplay feels much tighter overall that last years, since the influences pretty much ruined it with them appeasing to them with patches in 18.

MTO looks dope as hell, so I am on board again, plus, it's baseball! So I am going to sure up 18, then get 19 when I am done.

Tag me in the MLB The Show thread with a reply to this, don't want to derail, just wanted to share that since it happened last night.
Here you go

Top Bottom