• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

DD

SVG playing for keeps. First gives the Ferrari a fake out at 280km/h and then punts off a Porsche. Gotta get a penalty for that.

Edit: Well no need for a penalty now. Bentley on the Podium.

Edit2: Holy shit, Maro Engel just threw SVG, his teammate, under the bus on live TV! Accused him of making mistakes all weekend.

Shitty attitude by Maro Engel, but Shane really seemed to be driving like an idiot. What the hell that move at the downhill straight, then the bump at the Porsche, and then spinning alone... =/

xrnzaaas

So Neuville again handed over his victory in Rally Sweden. Hyundai must be pissed. And Toyota must be happy for hiring Latvala, he's performing much better than I expected. Overall this is looking to be a very interesting season. Latvala, Ogier, Tanak and Neuville are very strong and not that far from each other in terms of pace. Citroen seems to be slower, but Meeke is still a great driver when he's not making mistakes.

dubc35

A couple years ago it seemed like Latvala would crash out every rally. Has he fixed that?

I need to tune in more this year; looks to be a good one after decades of Sebastian domination, lol.

Business

Neuville doing a mistake again when comfortably in the lead and apparently not even pushing must be mentally hard for him.

xrnzaaas

A couple years ago it seemed like Latvala would crash out every rally. Has he fixed that?

I need to tune in more this year; looks to be a good one after decades of Sebastian domination, lol.

Yeah Latvala in the recent years was still making a lot of mistakes that would rob him of a victory or a podium finish. Maybe Toyota built their rally car around him or maybe changing the team and becoming Toyota's number one driver gave him a mental boost. It's still too early to tell. :)

B.K.

Add Greg Biffle to the retired list.

I'd like to go to Daytona next weekend to see the 500, even with the awful new rules. I'd like to go just to say I've gone. I've been planning to go the last few years, but haven't. Maybe next year.

DD

Thought I'd share a lovely little film on this year's Rolex 24 at Daytona:

When Darkness Falls

that r8 lms tho

Beautiful, specially because I just did the 24 Hours of Le Mans on Project Cars (actually it was just 2 hours :p). Daytona is a "small", safe and well lit circuit. Imagine how crazy it is in that 13 Km poorly lit and partialy tight street circuit at Le Mans, or worse, that behemoth called Nurburgring Nordschleife. These guys deserve all the praise they get.

Kurt Busch realizes that no one left on this track knows how to drive a race car and immediately books it for the front so the inevitable wrecks happen behind him.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I like that RedBull TV has WRC, but I wish the recap programs had more car action. They have recaps within recaps within recaps. Pretty annoying.

Robaperas

Excited for Rally Mexico. Hoping for another strong showing by Latvala in this event.
C6cLULJVMAAhTc6.jpg

Shakedown times, good to see Meeke up there.

TJP

Nobody interested in round #2 of the 2017 MotoGP season?

MotoGP Qualifying results:

1 93 Marc Marquez Honda 1'47.512
2 17 Karel Abraham Ducati 1'48.275
3 35 Cal Crutchlow Honda 1'48.278
4 9 Danilo Petrucci Ducati 1'48.908
5 26 Dani Pedrosa Honda 1'49.008
6 25 Maverick Viñales Yamaha 1'49.218
7 46 Valentino Rossi Yamaha 1'49.272
8 41 Aleix Espargaro Aprilia 1'49.323
9 76 Loris Baz Ducati 1'49.630
10 19 Alvaro Bautista Ducati 1'49.724
11 94 Jonas Folger Yamaha 1'49.825
12 29 Andrea Iannone Suzuki 1'50.725
13 4 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati 1'49.488
14 5 Johann Zarco Yamaha 1'49.916
15 45 Scott Redding Ducati 1'50.048
16 99 Jorge Lorenzo Ducati 1'50.310
17 43 Jack Miller Honda 1'50.319
18 44 Pol Espargaro KTM 1'50.673
19 38 Bradley Smith KTM 1'50.676
20 53 Tito Rabat Honda 1'50.910
21 8 Hector Barbera Ducati 1'51.058
22 22 Sam Lowes Aprilia 1'51.199
23 42 Alex Rins Suzuki 1'52.340

Pedrosa front disc warp/wobble:
https://i.imgur.com/bzY95JE.mp4

Marc's practice start in the wet save:
https://i.imgur.com/gSund5I.mp4

If Neuville (or Sordo) doesn't choke again all 4 manufacturers will have won a WRC event this season already.

Boy it's good to have the WRC I grew up with make a come back.

Business

Nobody interested in round #2 of the 2017 MotoGP season?
Very unfortunate for Marquez as this was a Honda circuit. Austin is a Marquez circuit but now Maverick can afford to just be consistent there.

If Neuville (or Sordo) doesn't choke again all 4 manufacturers will have won a WRC event this season already.

Boy it's good to have the WRC I grew up with make a come back.

WRC is a joy to watch this year. Glad Neuville could actually make it happen this time, totally deserved even if you can't help feeling for Meeke. Ogier remarkable too with all the problems he had, and Sordo's third position is good on paper but he really needs to step up his game.

TJP

NeoGAF is notoriously F1 only
F1 sucks which may explain why it is popular on neogaf; nearly every other motorsport series is better to watch!

Austin round of the MotoGP was interesting: Pedrosa and for a little while Lorenzo return to form, the king of COTA returns while the shooting star fizzles out early and the old man keeps on keeping on.

Roll on round #4 8)

Business

F1 sucks which may explain why it is popular on neogaf; nearly every other motorsport series is better to watch!

Austin round of the MotoGP was interesting: Pedrosa and for a little while Lorenzo return to form, the king of COTA returns while the shooting star fizzles out early and the old man keeps on keeping on.

Roll on round #4 8)

Totally agree with the bolded.

On the COTA MotoGP race, it seemed clear Marquez was just comfortable behind Dani and didn't want to do any mistakes, specially after Mav crashed. His tyre choice was also H H to Pedrosa's M H if I recall correctly. Rossi needs a massive improvement now in Europe or the title seems a Marquez Viñales thing, but it's still nice to see him on top of the standings. Zarco has to be the highlight of the beginning of the season though.

The first 3 MotoGP races are on at a bad time for me in Australia, something like 4-5am Monday mornings. Hell the replay of last night is still 3 hours away. I'll definitely be more into it once the European season starts.

The V8s were comical on the weekend, Dunlop brought a new soft compound tire and they had at least 15 right side failures in the first race alone from drivers using the outside curbs. Especially on the final corner, Phillip Island.

Top Bottom