• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muslim Community |OT|

Do we still have any brothers or sisters here?🤔

Salam Alaikoum, brother.
images

Where are you from?

To be honest, I never had a good experience by answering that kind of question because I get stereotyped right away from people. Not saying you'll stereotype me but it's gonna change your perception of me if I tell you where I'm from. Just know that I'm a Muslim, unapologetic about it too (not trying to boast :messenger_tongue:)

CyberPanda

Banned
To be honest, I never had a good experience by answering that kind of question because I get stereotyped right away from people. Not saying you'll stereotype me but it's gonna change your perception of me if I tell you where I'm from. Just know that I'm a Muslim, unapologetic about it too (not trying to boast :messenger_tongue:)
If you live in Dubai I'm fucking jealous.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Thank you Red
How is it going for you and the others? Also, what id love to know: What kind of meals are consumed after time has passed? Im curious if there is a significant amount of variation between users. I am aware of some things, but id love to hear what people personally eat and if it differs.

Mista

Banned
How is it going for you and the others? Also, what id love to know: What kind of meals are consumed after time has passed? Im curious if there is a significant amount of variation between users. I am aware of some things, but id love to hear what people personally eat and if it differs.
All good. Mostly the traditional food. Rice, chicken, meat, grape leaves..etc

There’s no food meta in Ramadan apart from the forbidden of course

You get used to it. Intermittent fasting seems to be popular nowadays, at least from what I see in self-improvement Twitter, so I guess anyone can fast; the hardest thing is to get started.

To answer Redneckerz Redneckerz 's question, personally I don't eat too much. Just a bowl of harira, a crepe or two, some chebakia and an omelette.

Mista

Banned
I go crazy if I fast for one day. I don’t know how you guys do it. Props.
Tough first day or two but then it’s all easy really
You get used to it. Intermittent fasting seems to be popular nowadays, at least from what I see in self-improvement Twitter, so I guess anyone can fast; the hardest thing is to get started.

To answer Redneckerz Redneckerz 's question, personally I don't eat too much. Just a bowl of harira, a crepe or two, some chebakia and an omelette.
According to dishes you posted I assume you’re from Morocco or near countries correct?

Just curious, if you have a medical condition that requires you to be able to eat, how would a Muslim go about doing Ramadan fasting then?

I'd imagine anyone who has a medical condition like I do, it would be hard for them to do so.

Mista

Banned
Just curious, if you have a medical condition that requires you to be able to eat, how would a Muslim go about doing Ramadan fasting then?

I'd imagine anyone who has a medical condition like I do, it would be hard for them to do so.
If you have any medical condition you’re allowed to eat and not fast at all.

Redneckerz

All good. Mostly the traditional food. Rice, chicken, meat, grape leaves..etc

There’s no food meta in Ramadan apart from the forbidden of course
I dunno what constitutes as traditional food, but i know milk and (dates Lendls?? I do not know the word sadly and translate does not convince me enough to use it properly) are involved, when it comes to traditional meals.

I know of Harira, the crepe (I love those too), but Chebakia, whats that? It sounds like a cake or a bread kind of thing, and i don't want to ruin it by looking it up :p

From the both of you, i do see differences in foods, i have the impression that you, Khalid take only what is needed and stick to a more traditional meal, whilst Mista Mista cultivates a more modern set of foods, and perhaps in bigger quantities?

Redneckerz

Chebakia is a type of pastry that's sweet and crunchy and has honey and sesame on it. You can see what it looks like below:

maxresdefault.jpg
As you'd imagine it's really tasty!
That does definitely look like something id like to try out! We have a food supply chain here that weekly has these discounts on stuff from different countries, which is a great thing to get used to brands you usually wouldn't eat or drink.

Now they have Tsingtao beers - I drank these before, and they are surprisingly good, so tomorrow i am going to get a few for my friend. Its good stuff.
Not bigger. Nobody can eat a lot especially while breaking their fast
By what you described, i definitely thought you ate more than Khalid does :)

Redneckerz

Yeah thats for the whole day not just when breaking our fast. There's no appetite when you break your fast
Ah i see, i was already wondering how you could eat such quantities even regarding the feeling of hunger after the fasting period.

Mista

Banned
Ah i see, i was already wondering how you could eat such quantities even regarding the feeling of hunger after the fasting period.
Nah its impossible to eat this much especially after fasting 13 hours. Gradually we start shoving the food down teh throat bruv

Top Bottom