• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need help with DVD video...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well I got a bunch of episodes I want of a show and I want to be able to burn them to DVD and play them on a standard DVD player. The video files are in the DivX file type. I understand that I have to convert them to MPEG2 in order to get them to playable format on the DVD player. I used TMPGEnc to convert them to MPEG2, and used TMPG DVD Author to convert to the necessary video files (.vob .bup .ifo), but I can't get the files necessary for audio! Can anyone provide info on what I can do to get the audio converted. I can get it to .wav, but Nero doesn't like that apparently.

Has anyone done DivX to DVD? What did you use? :/

goodcow

Download Goldwave and drag your DivX file into it to get the audio. Save it as WAV or something lossless. Then use TMEPGEnc to encode both the DivX AVI video to MPEG2, and the WAV audio to MPEG-layer 2 audio. Then multiplex it with that other TMPEG program you have that I've never used.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
I'm still waiting for a faster way to do this. I can't believe it takes so frigging long to re-encode Divx files. Bah. It takes me about an hour to do 30 minutes of video. Boourns.

goodcow

RedDwarf said:
I'm still waiting for a faster way to do this. I can't believe it takes so frigging long to re-encode Divx files. Bah. It takes me about an hour to do 30 minutes of video. Boourns.

It's decoding highly compressed data, and then re-encoding it to another format without making it look like ass. Let's see you do that quickly.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hooker said:
Buy a DivX player or download DVD images instead of DivXs

Even better yet, buy the DVDs

I'd do that but 1) Show isn't on DVD 2) No money to buy a DivX player.

Goodcow: What do you use to multiplex, can't figure out how to do it with this program.... :(

joaomgcd

When you convert your Divx files to MPEG-2, audio should already be included in that MPEG-2 file. I think that sometimes that is not the case, when incopatible audio codecs are used on the Divx file. In any case, are you sure the VOBs you created have no audio? They should.

If they don't, get virtualdub to extract a wav file, from the Divx file, and then convert the Divx and wav files to ONE MPEG-2 file with audio.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The MPEG2 file I create does have audio, but when I indicate to the TMPGEnc DVD Author to turn it into the appropriate files for DVD burning (vob, ifo, etc.) it does not provide any audio. :/

joaomgcd

If the MPEG-2 file has audio, then you must be doing something wrong when you import the file in TMPGEnc DVD Author, because the MPEG-2 file should be fine.

dvd.jpg

Does something like this appear when you add a file in TMPGEnc DVD Author?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yes.

When I convert the file it creates a couple of files and puts them in a video_ts folder, but nothing in the audio_ts folder.

joaomgcd

But did you actually try watching those files? :D The Audio_TS folder is supposed to be empty! That's no problem at all!

If you can get your dirty little mitts on it, CleanerXL Works great for making Mpeg-2's and you don't have to encode the audio seperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom