• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Neo' & 'Neophyte' Members - New Thread Requests, Full Members Will Post on Your Behalf

pel1300

Thread request: House of Cards season 6 now available on Netflix

And apparently it's pretty awful. IMDB average scores for each episode hover in the 3 to 4 range.

A common complaint I hear is they play the "FIRST FEMALE PRESIDENT" card so heavily.

Kazza

I would be grateful if anyone could help me post this one:

Someone already posted the lifetime PS Vita software sales charts from The NPD Group last week, and today the source of those, Mat Piscatella, has released the lifetime US sales charts for mid to late 90s era consoles. It makes for some interesting reading.

I'll briefly comment on the Saturn, as that is the only one I owned at the time. I was pleasantly surprised to see Nights in 2nd place. Although it was hyped up a lot, I didn't think it was the type of game to gel with an American audience, but I guess I was wrong. Since the Megadrive/Genesis was well known for its sports titles, I'm not as surprised at Madden topping the list as some might be. The sad thing about the Saturn chart is how many games were from the console's first 18 months of life, including at least two launch titles (Panzer Dragoon and Daytona, not sure if World Baseball was). It shows how quickly it fell out of favour and was gradually abandoned in the US.

Fun fact about the Playstation chart: only 3 games from that top 10 bestsellers list are included in the upcoming Playstation Classic.

Bullet Club

I would be grateful if anyone could help me post this one:

Someone already posted the lifetime PS Vita software sales charts from The NPD Group last week, and today the source of those, Mat Piscatella, has released the lifetime US sales charts for mid to late 90s era consoles. It makes for some interesting reading.

I'll briefly comment on the Saturn, as that is the only one I owned at the time. I was pleasantly surprised to see Nights in 2nd place. Although it was hyped up a lot, I didn't think it was the type of game to gel with an American audience, but I guess I was wrong. Since the Megadrive/Genesis was well known for its sports titles, I'm not as surprised at Madden topping the list as some might be. The sad thing about the Saturn chart is how many games were from the console's first 18 months of life, including at least two launch titles (Panzer Dragoon and Daytona, not sure if World Baseball was). It shows how quickly it fell out of favour and was gradually abandoned in the US.

Fun fact about the Playstation chart: only 3 games from that top 10 bestsellers list are included in the upcoming Playstation Classic.

Posted.

I changed the tweets slightly so there are no chart double ups.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/npd-...arts-for-saturn-ps-n64-gbc-dreamcast.1467626/

Bullet Club

Thanks. How did you change the tweets? I couldn't quite work it out.
Because he was replying to his own tweets it shows the tweet it's replying to, so the ones posted were the Saturn tweet which was a reply to some text, the N64 tweet that replied to the PS tweet and the DC tweet that replied to the GBC tweet.

Kazza

Because he was replying to his own tweets it shows the tweet it's replying to, so the ones posted were the Saturn tweet which was a reply to some text, the N64 tweet that replied to the PS tweet and the DC tweet that replied to the GBC tweet.
Got it, thanks.

Thread Request: Crash Bandicoot, MediEvil, Spyro The dragon, Resident Evil 2 remakes. What´s next?

Obiously FFVII- but after that?

Thanks!

kbear

Thanks in advance. Digging the new layout, btw.

Title: Bloomberg: China Is Paying for Most of Trump’s Trade War, Research Says

Body:

(Bloomberg) -- President Donald Trump is succeeding in making China pay most of the cost of his trade war.

That’s the conclusion of a new paper from EconPol Europe, a network of researchers in the European Union. U.S. companies and consumers will only pay 4.5 percent more after the nation imposed 25 percent tariffs on $250 billion of Chinese goods, and the other 20.5 percent toll will fall on Chinese producers, according to authors Benedikt Zoller-Rydzek and Gabriel Felbermayr.

According to Zoller-Rydzek and Felbermayr, the tariffs will do what Trump has longed for: They will cut American imports of affected Chinese goods by more than a third, and lower the bilateral trade deficit by 17 percent.

The Trump administration selected products with the highest “price elasticity,” or high availability of substitutes, according to Zoller-Rydzek and Felbermayr. The Chinese products hit by Trump’s tariffs can mostly be replaced by other goods, forcing exporters to cut selling prices to keep buyers.

With the economic costs shifted to China, the U.S. levies will lead to a $18.4 billion net gain for the American government, the researchers wrote.

I’ve lost count on how many times this administration has caused inevitable apocalyptic doom only to be proven right in the end.

/end

Thread request Hi there, I hope I am doing this right, but I am looking for as many young adult and adult Fantasy and Sci Fi novel recs as I can get. Can't post topics yet, and not sure how much longer it will take.

Last edited:

Corderlain

Banned
I know I could post the thread but frankly I don't want to. Can we get a politics thread on the yellow vest riots in France?

liberteer

Neo Member
Thread requests: Any short or long distance runners here?

Text: So, anyone here runs? I'm currently hibernating, it's been a slow year, but I would like to pick up the pace already in February, got some halfmarathons coming.

Are you running yourself? Do you have social profiles on Strava, Runkeeper, Nike+...?

What are your favorite races? I have three marathons and around 20 halfmarathons under the belt. Not so proud of my times, but I am not the one to brag about that. I simply love running.

Go!

Thread requests: Any short or long distance runners here?

Text: So, anyone here runs? I'm currently hibernating, it's been a slow year, but I would like to pick up the pace already in February, got some halfmarathons coming.

Are you running yourself? Do you have social profiles on Strava, Runkeeper, Nike+...?

What are your favorite races? I have three marathons and around 20 halfmarathons under the belt. Not so proud of my times, but I am not the one to brag about that. I simply love running.

Go!
Posted for you

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Thread Request, I'm trying to include good information but just post about the game, write whatever, thanks:

Fae Tactics from Endlessfluff Games, developers of Legend of Fae (they seem to have also been involved with Valdis Story and other games) is coming to Steam in "early 2019". While Legend of Fae was a Puzzle Quest style match-x game Fae Tactics appears to be a full blown tactical rpg in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics (maybe I shouldn't compare to that cos, you know, expectations, I'm sure this will be a game with a smaller scope but I'm excited all the same!). From the official description to me it seems at least partly inspired by one of my favorite but underrated/unknown Falcom series, Vantage Master. All shown so far looks great to me so I have high hopes! Here's the official description, there's a trailer but I can't find it on youtube so go watch it on Steam:
In Fae Tactics, follow a young magic user named Peony on her journey across a vibrant world full of mystery and danger. Summon allies, cast spells, and befriend a motley crew of characters as you dive into the growing conflicts between man and magical beings known as fae.
ss_32e1ffb3c3070084aa179c98ff163e0195b294b8.jpg

Story
Long ago the world of magic was separated from the natural world by Elemental Gates. One day the seal on the gates was broken, flooding the natural world with magical fae creatures once thought to be myths. The worlds merging was imperfect and much of the land was torn apart. The devastation claimed the lives of most of the population of natural and fae creatures alike. Those that survived have forged new lives in the ruins of the old worlds, but growing tension between man and fae threaten to finish what began with the opening of the gates.
ss_d5a23cf8a8b61c4d7d2c2045a152b9085b8b65b4.jpg

Features
- Unique menuless turn based tactical gameplay.Manage the magical elements of your party to counter the enemies elements.
- Befriend a colorful cast of allies! Level Up and customize their abilities.Battle all kinds of Fae creatures and collect them into your team.
- Find powerful and unique Spells to help tip the scales in your favor.Traverse a variety of colorfully detailed environments in this isometric wonderland.
- Unravel secrets as you explore the various conflicts in the world in any order you want!
ss_8d3800496a54bb16793fa8c4430c16f06696abb6.jpg

The studio's official site (wordpress?!) seems to also act like a development blog, the last post includes nifty gifs showing recent developments like these:
hh_00.gif
hh_01.gif
edit_map_00.gif

Last edited:
Thread Request, I'm trying to include good information but just post about the game, write whatever, thanks:

Fae Tactics from Endlessfluff Games, developers of Legend of Fae is coming to Steam in "early 2019". While Legend of Fae was a Puzzle Quest style match-x game Fae Tactics appears to be a full blown tactical rpg in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics. From the official description to be it seems at least partly inspired by one of my favorite but underrated/unknown series, Vantage Master. All shown so far looks great so I have high hopes! Here's the official description, there's a trailer but I can't find it on youtube, see it on Steam:
In Fae Tactics, follow a young magic user named Peony on her journey across a vibrant world full of mystery and danger. Summon allies, cast spells, and befriend a motley crew of characters as you dive into the growing conflicts between man and magical beings known as fae.
ss_32e1ffb3c3070084aa179c98ff163e0195b294b8.jpg

Story
Long ago the world of magic was separated from the natural world by Elemental Gates. One day the seal on the gates was broken, flooding the natural world with magical fae creatures once thought to be myths. The worlds merging was imperfect and much of the land was torn apart. The devastation claimed the lives of most of the population of natural and fae creatures alike. Those that survived have forged new lives in the ruins of the old worlds, but growing tension between man and fae threaten to finish what began with the opening of the gates.
ss_d5a23cf8a8b61c4d7d2c2045a152b9085b8b65b4.jpg

Features
- Unique menuless turn based tactical gameplay.Manage the magical elements of your party to counter the enemies elements.
- Befriend a colorful cast of allies! Level Up and customize their abilities.Battle all kinds of Fae creatures and collect them into your team.
- Find powerful and unique Spells to help tip the scales in your favor.Traverse a variety of colorfully detailed environments in this isometric wonderland.
- Unravel secrets as you explore the various conflicts in the world in any order you want!
ss_8d3800496a54bb16793fa8c4430c16f06696abb6.jpg

The studio's official site (wordpress?!) seems to also act like a development blog, the last post includes nifty gifs showing recent developments like these:
hh_00.gif
hh_01.gif
edit_map_00.gif
Title?

Blade2.0

Topic: Watching other countries' people eating is hilarious and frustrating

"I live in China and I'm sure when I put soy sauce into a bowl of white rice they get the same reaction I'm having right now.

I'm at a foreign restaurant here (Western food) and these two cute Chinese girls across the way ordered some burgers.

First thing they did was to take off the top bun with the lettuce and tomato and love it to a new plate and started cutting with her knife leaving the beef and bottom bun on the other plate untouched.

It's cute but also frustrating to watch it go down like that and this isn't the first time I've seen a Chinese person do this with a sandwich or burger.

Just makes me want to shake my head though. Probably how Japanese feel when they watch us eat sushi in the states.

What crazy food atrocities have you witnessed from people from another country being ignorant with proper food eating? Or do you have a story about how you utterly fucked up another country's meal by eating it wrong."

That's it. I'm in a restaurant right now and want to hear other people's stories about this.

Last edited:
Topic: Watching other countries' people eating is hilarious and frustrating

"I live in China and I'm sure when I put soy sauce into a bowl of white rice they get the same reaction I'm having right now.

I'm at a foreign restaurant here (Western food) and these two cute Chinese girls across the way ordered some burgers.

First thing they did was to take off the top bun with the lettuce and tomato and love it to a new plate and started cutting with her knife leaving the beef and bottom bun on the other plate untouched.

It's cute but also frustrating to watch it go down like that and this isn't the first time I've seen a Chinese person do this with a sandwich or burger.

Just makes me want to shake my head though. Probably how Japanese feel when they watch us eat sushi in the states.

What crazy food atrocities have you witnessed from people from another country being ignorant with proper food eating? Or do you have a story about how you utterly fucked up another country's meal by eating it wrong."

That's it. I'm in a restaurant right now and want to hear other people's stories about this.
It's up for you (y)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Thread request, feel free to copy paste everything, or not, title: Amazing Quake-like FPS DUSK Launches Final Campaign & Comes out of Early Access

I've been playing this game for many months now and, to me, it's the most successful retro-style FPS I've yet to encounter. I won't name the wannabes, some had their own merits for sure, but none were as successful in capturing this kind of gameplay. In DUSK, everything is spot on. The visuals, the feel of the weapons, the level design. It's like a long lost Quake cousin you somehow didn't get to play when it originally released in 1997 or whenever and it's resurfaced now with a source port making it as good as ever by providing all the features you could wish for! The game comes with three campaigns/episodes and a Duskworld multiplayer component on top (I tend to suck hard at these games, I've not even tried it, ha!).

The last campaign was finally released a couple days ago and the game today launches officially and out of early access!

Store page (oh yeah, it's on a -16% sale currently):
Launch trailer:

This reveal trailer was what got me hyped the most back then:

Funnily enough it also includes retro-graphics options so you can run it high resolution but make it look like it's going at a super low one, or with a lower color palette, draw distance and so on. I prefer playing it with the best options looking sharp and having bloom and whatever else, similarly to how I'd play Quake these days, but they're neat to have (and to know of in case you see worse media).

The game is published by New Blood Interactive alongside other cool games but it's mostly the work of one man. Not that the composer and others don't deserve a shout out, but that's impressive!
dusk_2018_12_08_08_11alfyj.png
dusk_2018_12_08_08_10z9e8m.png
dusk_2018_12_08_08_04tfeok.png
ss_b3a1c28c292984fa901a1436896f46b4c4384be6.jpg

The boring screenshots are my own, one from the start of each of the episodes/campaigns, the last one is an older official screenshot from the store page. It's hard for me to take action screenshots, haha.

Last edited:
Thread request, feel free to copy paste everything, or not, title: Amazing Quake-like FPS DUSK Launches Final Campaign & Comes out of Early Access

I've been playing this game for many months now and, to me, it's the most successful retro-style FPS I've yet to encounter. I won't name the wannabes, some had their own merits for sure, but none were as successful in capturing this kind of gameplay. In DUSK, everything is spot on. The visuals, the feel of the weapons, the level design. It's like a long lost Quake cousin you somehow didn't get to play when it originally released in 1997 or whenever and it's resurfaced now with a source port making it as good as ever by providing all the features you could wish for! The game comes with three campaigns/episodes and a Duskworld multiplayer component on top (I tend to suck hard at these games, I've not even tried it, ha!).

The last campaign was finally released a couple days ago and the game today launches officially and out of early access!

Store page (oh yeah, it's on a -16% sale currently):
Launch trailer:

This reveal trailer was what got me hyped the most back then:

Funnily enough it also includes retro-graphics options so you can run it high resolution but make it look like it's going at a super low one, or with a lower color palette, draw distance and so on. I prefer playing it with the best options looking sharp and having bloom and whatever else, similarly to how I'd play Quake these days, but they're neat to have (and to know of in case you see worse media).

The game is published by New Blood Interactive alongside other cool games but it's mostly the work of one man. Not that the composer and others don't deserve a shout out, but that's impressive!
dusk_2018_12_08_08_11alfyj.png
dusk_2018_12_08_08_10z9e8m.png
dusk_2018_12_08_08_04tfeok.png
ss_b3a1c28c292984fa901a1436896f46b4c4384be6.jpg

The boring screenshots are my own, one from the start of each of the episodes/campaigns, the last one is an older official screenshot from the store page. It's hard for me to take action screenshots, haha.

Posted for you

EssKayZee

Title:
Fortnite, PUBG, and Paladins have reportedly been banned by the Chinese government

Source:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/fortnite/fortnite-china-ban

Transcript from the article:

"Earlier this month, the Chinese government established its Online Ethics Review Committee, a group tasked with reviewing online games to establish whether they violate the country’s social and ethical rules. Of the 20 popular online games reportedly included in the first batch of reviews, 11 were instructed to take corrective action to address the committee’s concerns. The other nine failed the review entirely, and now seem to have been banned in the country."...

...League of Legends is joined by Overwatch, Diablo, and World of Warcraft in requiring “corrective action.”

...PUBG, Fortnite, H1Z1, and Ring of Elysium have all be banned for featuring “blood and gore.

...Paladins, has also been outright banned, for a combination of “overly revealing female characters, blood and gore, and vulgar content.”

...PUBG, League of Legends, and Paladins, Tencent has been included six times in the 20-game list. Blizzard and NetEase appear on the list three and four times, respectively.

More info on link

Edit:
https://gearnuke.com/china-bans-fortnite-pubg/ for complete list of games and reasons for ban

Last edited:
Title:
Fortnite, PUBG, and Paladins have reportedly been banned by the Chinese government

Source:

"Earlier this month, the Chinese government established its Online Ethics Review Committee, a group tasked with reviewing online games to establish whether they violate the country’s social and ethical rules. Of the 20 popular online games reportedly included in the first batch of reviews, 11 were instructed to take corrective action to address the committee’s concerns. The other nine failed the review entirely, and now seem to have been banned in the country."...

...League of Legends is joined by Overwatch, Diablo, and World of Warcraft in requiring “corrective action.”

...PUBG, Fortnite, H1Z1, and Ring of Elysium have all be banned for featuring “blood and gore.

...Paladins, has also been outright banned, for a combination of “overly revealing female characters, blood and gore, and vulgar content.”

...PUBG, League of Legends, and Paladins, Tencent has been included six times in the 20-game list. Blizzard and NetEase appear on the list three and four times, respectively.

More info on link

Edit:
https://gearnuke.com/china-bans-fortnite-pubg/ for complete list of games and reasons for ban
Posted for you https://www.neogaf.com/threads/fort...een-banned-by-the-chinese-government.1469388/

Helios

Title:

Source:

More info on link

Edit:
Posted.
Dang, give me a second, I'll report mine

Last edited:

Melon

Banned
(If this idea is already taken, then feel free to decline)

Title: Gif of the Day

Text: Do you ever find a gif that perfectly sums up how your day/life is going? If so, feel free to slap it onto this thread and we can all laugh at our own misery!

EssKayZee

Title:
Amy Hennig to receive lifetime achievement award at GDC

Did a thread search but didn't find anything related.

Amy Hennig is captivating, both as a speaker and a writer/director of video games. That’s why she’ll be receiving the prestigious lifetime achievement awards at the annual Game Developers Choice Awards(GDCA) 2019 coming in March
Previous recipients of the lifetime achievement award include Tim Schafer, Tim Sweeney, Shigeru Miyamoto, Warren Spector, John Carmack, Hironobu Sakaguchi, Hideo Kojima, Sid Meier, Ken Kutaragi, Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk, and Peter Molyneux

Much more at link
Uncharted co-creator Amy Hennig to get highest GDC honor

Close if already posted

A2GStudios

Neo Member
I am a new developer and I have been working on my first game for over the past year. I just released the game on Steam Early Access on September 15th. I am new to the forums and wasn't sure if I could post it here anywhere or not. I brought it into Early Access really early so I can get feedback, testers and build a better game all around. Here is the information for it if any wants to check it out, or post it in the right place for me. thanks.

Title: Bugout Apocalypse Now on Steam Early Access

Steam Page:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/A2Gcommunity

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BugOutSurvivalGame/

Discord: https://discord.gg/x5XXcNV

In this Modern Day Survival Simulator you will be faced with surviving in the Appalachian mountains while you prepare for an apocalyptic event. Hunt gather, build, explore and trade to get what you need to survive, but keep up with whats going on, its about to get really bad in the world, will you be prepared,

Thanks Again

Bullet Club

I am a new developer and I have been working on my first game for over the past year. I just released the game on Steam Early Access on September 15th. I am new to the forums and wasn't sure if I could post it here anywhere or not. I brought it into Early Access really early so I can get feedback, testers and build a better game all around. Here is the information for it if any wants to check it out, or post it in the right place for me. thanks.

Title: Bugout Apocalypse Now on Steam Early Access

Steam Page:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/A2Gcommunity

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BugOutSurvivalGame/

Discord: https://discord.gg/x5XXcNV

In this Modern Day Survival Simulator you will be faced with surviving in the Appalachian mountains while you prepare for an apocalyptic event. Hunt gather, build, explore and trade to get what you need to survive, but keep up with whats going on, its about to get really bad in the world, will you be prepared,

Thanks Again
Posted.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/bugout-apocalypse-now-on-steam-early-access.1469429/

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Not sure this'll be allowed to stay open if you're posting it for A2GStudios A2GStudios . I know there's no bad intentions, just saying, it'll probably get closed.

E. Self-Promotion and Spam

Do not create new threads promoting a product or service you have any involvement in, or paste PR materials for promotional purposes, or attempt to embed referral links in your posts to generate revenue. If an existing discussion is taking place directly involving something you are associated with, you may participate in order to answer questions, clarify details, and otherwise engage with the community, but as a person, not an advertisement.

EssKayZee

Title:
Digital Foundry: PUBG PS4/Pro Analysis

Highlights:
-PS4: 1080p, Better foliage draw distances than Xbox One Standard
-Xbox One: 1080p
-PS4 Pro: 1440p, improved textures
-Xbox One X: 2160p, improved textures similar to PS4 Pro, has some improvement on Ambient Occlusion over Pro
-Framerate is pretty much 30 fps in game on all consoles now.
-Performance in lobbies and on plane is still not stable with lurches and stutters going into the game and eventually settling to a pretty much stable 30 fps.
-Antialiasing is pretty much horrible on all platforms though native 4K on Xbox One X considerably diminishes it's impact.

More at link:

DF: PUBG on PlayStation 4: a basic, rough around the edges port

Close if already posted

Top Bottom