• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Neo' & 'Neophyte' Members - New Thread Requests, Full Members Will Post on Your Behalf

cormack12

Thought it might be an idea while all this is 'in-flight' if any juniors want to post a topic in here for gaming or OT that they cant start themselves? Prevents that awkwardness of PM'ing people.

Include a title and your post (make it well thought out), and a member may post it on your behalf. Hopefully it can serve as a pre-check on upgrading some people's status and distribute the content creation amongst people more :)

Post #2 - http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456233
Post #64 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457166
Post #74 - http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457271
Post #79 - http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457455

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought it might be an idea while all this is 'in-flight' if any juniors want to post a topic in here for gaming or OT that they cant start themselves? Prevents that awkwardness of PM'ing people.

Include a title and your post (make it well thought out), and a member may post it on your behalf. Hopefully it can serve as a pre-check on upgrading some people's status and distribute the content creation amongst people more :)
With the success of the switch and the ps4 strong sales do you think it would make sense? I already like the play anywhere of xbox and would love to play it in a form factor like the switch. So what do y'all say?

TheStranjer

Neo Member
I'm actually a bit curious what being a "junior" member even entails. Is it just being a newbie on here? What do you need to graduate into regular member status, explicit staff approval? A certain number of posts?

samar11

I'm actually a bit curious what being a "junior" member even entails. Is it just being a newbie on here? What do you need to graduate into regular member status, explicit staff approval? A certain number of posts?

Certain number of posts I believe? lol

I think you just need exposure by posting. Once a mod recognizes you he makes you a member. Since I'm a lurker I was a junior for a very long time.

Biochet

I think you just need exposure by posting. Once a mod recognizes you he makes you a member. Since I'm a lurker I was a junior for a very long time.

i think its 3 months and some arbitrary number of posts, mods dont need to approve you to become a member

entremet

The other forum doesn't have junior member status. I think it's a good move since it could breed more insularity and elitism.

Hopefully, this place follows form.

Matty77

The other forum doesn't have junior member status. I think it's a good move since it could breed more insularity and elitism.

Hopefully, this place follows form.
I think that's just for the opening. I read the rules and TOS over there and it looks like once they have footing the junior status will be implemented, same as here no thread creation and bans are one and done. Not sure about exact requirements to become a regular member though, it may not be the 3 months and 300 posts.

entremet

I think that's just for the opening. I read the rules and TOS over there and it looks like once they have footing the junior status will be implemented, same as here no thread creation and bans are one and done. Not sure about exact requirements to become a regular member though, it may not be the 3 months and 300 posts.

I think the Junior label is gone, though. That's what I mean. I do think limiting thread creation makes sense from a moderation POV.

Matty77

I think the Junior label is gone, though. That's what I mean. I do think limiting thread creation makes sense from a moderation POV.
Oh okay, does make sense the limitations should exsist but the label just leads to hassles. You need to post 300 times to get rid of it, but that is 300 times people may not take you seriously not because of the post content but because your Junior.

I am a JR member..

Just wanted to vent for a second on something..

I have a 55 inch UHD Samsung curve tv (series 650D)..and I have a Xbox One S....

I am not seeing real, mind blowing HD yet on this tv...I put in wolfenstein 2 in and played it and the cut scenes look beautiful but the ingame part looks not so mind blowing..

What am i doing wrong? I have it plugged in the HDMI One port and tried to callibrate it, ect and it still is not blowing me away...

and i know under expert settings, i have used custom settings from trings, too...

It's making me mad because netflix on my tv with 4k doesnt even look ground breaking. But when i watch 4k youtube videos, it DOES look next level. So im like what the hell??? I want my movies to look like that!

It's quality not quantity......not that my very infrequent posts are quality, I'm usually beating a dead horse. I'll pry be a junior for life on here, I have just as much social anxiety on here as I do in my real life. Alcohol helps, like this very moment.

killatopak

I am a JR member..

Just wanted to vent for a second on something..

I have a 55 inch UHD Samsung curve tv (series 650D)..and I have a Xbox One S....

I am not seeing real, mind blowing HD yet on this tv...I put in wolfenstein 2 in and played it and the cut scenes look beautiful but the ingame part looks not so mind blowing..

What am i doing wrong? I have it plugged in the HDMI One port and tried to callibrate it, ect and it still is not blowing me away...

Wolf 2 is 810p on Xbox One S so things will be blurry especially on a 4K tv.

robo

not and, or. Either 3 months, or 300 posts.

Think it is and and not or. I was a junior longer than three months until i found out about the 300 limit.

For the juniors, just look for threads that interest you and dont spam messages trying to get youe post count up.

yasu151

Joined 7 years ago, still a junior. I simply don't have much to say, never bugs me that I'm a jr. 279 total posts.

Some mods would reactivate your topic creation process, but with how mods are and that we dont know who they are I wouldn't know how to help you now... before yes, now no idea.

Catphish

I would like to see a GTA from the perspective of a cop, with good and bad choices and consequences.

If I could make a thread, that would be my first.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
All people in this thread who were juniored a few years ago is unjuniored now.

Enjoy your member status again.

Blame Space was the only one who achieved Junior Junior Status.

That's when you're such a newbie that other newbies won't hang out with you. That's when Geocities and Club Penguin fandom makes fun of you for being pedestrian.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Is 300 posts.

No manual approval, is automatic.

Top Bottom