• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Neo' & 'Neophyte' Members - New Thread Requests, Full Members Will Post on Your Behalf

Skyn3t

Banned
It would be cool to have some kind of E3 megq thread with the schedule of all conferences and multiple sources to watch them listed in neat and organized way.

Michele

you.
It would be cool to have some kind of E3 megq thread with the schedule of all conferences and multiple sources to watch them listed in neat and organized way.

I completely agree with you, but we'd probably need to work and do the thread together. These E3 mega threads are where gamers usually go - if we make one, I'm sure that our popularity will increase slightly.
Take it slow, for my favorite proverb is: HASTE MAKES WASTE!

Michele

you.
So, E3 conference has begun with EA.

Title: E3 megathread and predictions

Hey,
as you know, the E3 has begun with the EA. But don't worry, just wait a little more, for Microsoft's E3 will come in due time, along with Sony and Nintendo. From time to time, you guys can watch the E3, and tell me your opinion. Who will claim the first place? Will Nintendo win, will Sony prevail, will Microsoft snatch the 1st or will any major companies claim the first place?
And mostly important, what do you think will the companies show off at E3? Something interesting, or something disappointing?

Please tell me your opinions. In my opinion, I'd say Nintendo, due to the massive amount of Smash content, alongside with Pokemon, and more games that might be fun to play on Switch. It can definitely win if Fortnite rumor/leak is all true.
I think Nintendo might show off that Mario game called New Super Mario Bros for Switch. I mean that series has been going on so why not on Switch too? It would be interesting!
I'd like you guys to discuss your opinions, hopes and fears about E3.

Thanks in advance,
Michele

william_blake

Neo Member
Hi guys!
I've been reading GAF for many years now... I even was a member myself but the email account I used to register was from my university, and i don't have access anymore.

I'm wondering if you would be so kind to post on my behalf a riddle I'm struggling to solve:

Post title: GAF please help with a riddle!

I'm wondering if you would help me out with a riddle about videogames...
Could be a videogame itself, or maybe a character...

"I was born in the first years of 2000.
My dads I. and J. came up with me, but A. directed me. I didn't have as much success as my older brothers, maybe the fact I was named differently has something to do with it. However, I saw the light in more than 50 countries... Who am I?"

It is not as simple as looking for game creators starting with I. and J. and game directors starting with A...
Believe me, I went through full wiki lists of game released from 2000 to 2004, none of them rang the bell.
I also checked game series and franchises were the name was changed from one game to another, but no luck either...
To be honest I have several friend looking for it as well, so far nothing. Not even close.

We tried to think out of the box as well, maybe the creators I. and J. were actually characters in a videogame which "artificially created" the character that we are looking for, and A. was the game director... But we couldn't find out yet.

Anyway, any clue or suggestion would be more than welcomed :)

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Michele

you.
Hi guys!
I've been reading GAF for many years now... I even was a member myself but the email account I used to register was from my university, and i don't have access anymore.

I'm wondering if you would be so kind to post on my behalf

I can't help you as I'm not a member myself. But what was your old name?

william_blake

Neo Member
I can't help you as I'm not a member myself. But what was your old name?
Thanks for your quick reply Michele.
Actually I send the post by mistake before completing it (now is edited).

I don't remember my old user neither, but should be something similar to this one... And my email address was**********v.es or similar, but no access anymore...

Anyway, I don't really need access anymore. I just want some help with one riddle which is driving me crazy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gander

Banned
Title: As a man have you ever dealt with sexual harassment?

I feel this is a untold story for several reasons, pride, shame, and frankly women don't care what happens to men.

SentryGames

Neo Member
We're pretty new here but we are looking for a plateform to help us target, and release the best game we can... It would be great to have point of views from an english based forum (we're french) thanks in advance :)

Title: Cellyon - Boss Confrontation, innovative Moba x PvE game

Logo-Cellyon-3.png

Cellyon is currently on ULULE, if you want to support the game follow the link:
https://www.ulule.com/cellyon/

GAMEPLAY
Cellyon is a pc game with 3D graphics, it's a project born from the desire to mix two different game styles we love the pvp from MOBA games x instances/raids of MMORPGs.
Cellyon est un nouveau genre de PvE-Moba. In teams from 4 to 8 players go fight against a powerful boss in an epic battle.
Without openworld, stuffing or leveling only your skills and team spirit will matter to lead you to victory.

With a moba like matchmaking system find quickly your teammates and go battle the evil children of Cellyon.

Every boss will be different and you'll have to figure out the best strategy and apply it perfectly to defeat your enemies.

CLASSES

Every battle is unique and we know it. It's the reason why players can choose to equip themselves as they like before every battle in order to explore all the possibilities given by Cellyon.
Different classes will bring different outcomes to the battle, offering an endless number of experiences.
The outcome of every battle will rely on your class choices and your skill.

REWARDS
Every battle will be timed and saved in your profil, you can then monitor your performances through your personal leaderboard. You'll be able to access your achievments delivered by every bosses of the game, your time, the best time of your friends and your rank in the leader board.

BOSS EDITOR
Cellyon's boss editor allows you to use all the elements of the game to create your own personalized instances.
To express your creativity more easily we developed a boss editor that will allow you to easily change the behaviors of your monsters. You'll be able to set their phases, timing but also their actions and spells.
We want to other the most freedom we can in order to see innovative mechanism which are usually the key point of the bosses.
Once finished you'll be able to share your creations on the stream workshop and then play them in game.

What do you think ?

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Well, that is a wonderful idea, indeed, thank you so much for taking the time and/or patience to make sure the new guys' voice are heard as well.

I have a proposition, although not sure if it is more fitted for the Gaming or the Off-Topic forum.

In any case, in light of the thread about an adult assaulting and berating teenagers over a MAGA hat 343 Studio's, Halo's Lead Developer, Frank O' Konnor had declared that, based on the (now proven false) accusations of racism from the two teenagers, if he was in Mr. Jimenez's position he would not "be restrained enough for harsh language" as he choses to declare in the now-locked topic.

I don't know where this topic would fall either way, but I believe, since Mr. O'Konnor's position in the industry, I believe this discussion about Mr. O'Konnor's reaction to the events and how it reflects to both him, as a person and Microsoft, as a whole, belongs to the Gaming forum.

e0n

What do you think ?

A bit late, but if you reply to me, I can post this.

I don't know where this topic would fall either way, but I believe, since Mr. O'Konnor's position in the industry, I believe this discussion about Mr. O'Konnor's reaction to the events and how it reflects to both him, as a person and Microsoft, as a whole, belongs to the Gaming forum.

Unless you can prove that it has a major effect on his games or a company, that sounds eerily close to a witch-hunt so I'm not going to post that. What he said is not that shocking since ethics and laws often conflict.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Quick question. Anyone here made a EU Article 13 thread yet? That IMO is really important
I made one over at ERA but if God Enel God Enel has not done so already, i can post one, especially since the ban didnt pass.
Also Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights can this topic be stickied at the top and at gaming? I always wondered why this thread was so... invisible. Should give Neophyte less of a hassle to find out that this service exists.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Unless you can prove that it has a major effect on his games or a company, that sounds eerily close to a witch-hunt so I'm not going to post that. What he said is not that shocking since ethics and laws often conflict.

First, I did not said how it reflect on the quality of his games, I said how it reflects to him, as a person and his company, subsequently.

And secondly, you are going to tell me that GAF is blameless when it comes to witch-hunts?

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
I made one over at ERA but if God Enel God Enel has not done so already, i can post one, especially since the ban didnt pass.
Also Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights can this topic be stickied at the top and at gaming? I always wondered why this thread was so... invisible. Should give Neophyte less of a hassle to find out that this service exists.

We try to limit stickies but we'll see how it pans out.

Redneckerz

We try to limit stickies but we'll see how it pans out.
Thank you Bill. I think this will be a big catalyst and option for neophytes and neo members without threading powers yet - And ill certainly will pay my part!

More and more i am going to believe your tag as true. ;) Thanks again.

Redneckerz

Title: As a man have you ever dealt with sexual harassment?

I feel this is a untold story for several reasons, pride, shame, and frankly women don't care what happens to men.?
As for the bolded: That seems a bit generic. If you can provide some personal context (Do you have own experiences or what inspired you to this question?) and ill post this then.
Edit: now properly formatted.

Last edited:

e0n

First, I did not said how it reflect on the quality of his games, I said how it reflects to him, as a person and his company, subsequently.

And secondly, you are going to tell me that GAF is blameless when it comes to witch-hunts?

If that's all you have to say about him, then it seems very trivial to make a thread about something someone hasn't even done. If another member thinks that's substantial enough and the mods allow that, I don't care.

Redneckerz

Thread Title: Trump administration announces list of tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese goods

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/10/whi...t-of-goods-hit-by-200-billion-in-tariffs.html

Absolute shitshow.
Seems that llien llien covered your post: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/chin...-on-products-worth-200-billion.1463644/unread

I was going to ask if you could edit your post to include that it was covered for, but i realized that Neophytes/Neo Members usually dont have that yet. Either way, it was accounted for!

dropkick! dropkick! and Gander Gander could you please respond to my tags regarding your thread suggestions? Else i cannot create them (if they havent been created already) :)

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Ill post it if you could add in a snippet of background on both Emhyr and Radovid :)

Certainly.

For more, in-depth spoilers of those two men, here are their wiki pages:

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Emhyr_var_Emreis

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Radovid_V

Geralt can help (directly or indirectly) each one by thwarting the other's plans and at some point, play a significant role in the assassination the other.

Now for the snippet.

Emhyr and Radovid are the rulers of the kingdoms of Niflgaard and Redenia, two of the 4 most prominent nations in the Witcher universe and the biggest nations in the current "Nord War" that takes place during the events set up in the Witcher 3's time.

Emhyr is the aggressor in this war, the third Aggression war of the North to unite all the South(ern) territories under the Niflgaard banner and sovereignty, something he had set up in doing in all 3 previous wars.
He is also Ciri's (Geralt's trainee and protegee) father, who sets up the events of TW3 by summoning Geralt and task him with finding Ciri that is pursued by the Wild Hunt, the main antagonists of the story.

He is megalomaniac, cold, stern, unforgiving, even to his daughter, and like it had been said, he is the aggressor of this war. He wishes to expand his empire and unite all of the North and South under the Niflgaard standard and he has waged three wars so far (2 of them failed) to succeed in this endeavor.

However, if Geralt chose to help him, he becomes a despot more than a tyrant, even granting Temeria (Geralt's and co. nation and the biggest economy in the world at that time) a limited autonomy in their rulings. Plus, the non-human portion of the populous gets to enjoy the same benefits as humans. But no matter how golden a cage is, a prison is a prison.

Radovid on the other hand, you realize what kind of person he is when you enter Novigrad, a free city within Redanian's boarders, where you see various people burned at stakes for either being non-human or being accused of witchcraft.

Radovid has a deep-seated hatred for wizards ever since his father was assassinated and a witch was the mastermind behind all. And the current war that he is (currently) losing against the Nilfgaard empire has left him suspecting everyone and everything of treason and/or witchcraft inside his boarders. He is a lunatic, unhinged, suspicious of all, quick to anger, but, one of the most brilliant strategists and minds of his kingdom, even on his time.

If you decide to side with him, the war ends, no more war, but that does not mean no more suffering. He bestows an ethnic cleansing on all the nations under his influence, everyone who is either a wizard (even herbalists are accused of this title) or a non-human gets burned at the stake! However, Radovid's rule, regardless of how pogromish it may be, will be short-lived.

So that is your choice on who to help:

Help the guy that hates and wants to subjugate anyone who is not Nilfgaardian.

or

Help the guy that hates and wants to subjugate anyone who is not Radovid.

Hope I helped.

JD_Shadow

Neo Member
Not sure if this has gotten some attention today here, but a prominent yet controversial YouTuber Jeremy Hambly (The Quartering) claimed to have been attacked at a bar while attending Gencon 2018. He described what happened in a video here:

Then in another video, claimed to have identified his attacker (someone who is involved in the industry). The judgment of how valid the claim is is mixed, mainly because of how the claim of how the bar reacted was. Though he has a witness in the first video, and then there are some who have been corroborating his story. Gencon seems to be trying to scrub their Twitch chat of any mention of things happening, so there is that. I feel like it's worth discussing, since the guy is known for pushing some buttons (he's the guy that got permabanned from MTG competitive meetings because of a feud he seemed to have with a prominent MTG cosplayer who quit because of something he said. Not clear of what all happened since the thread about it in the MTG subreddit became a graveyard of deleted posts, though).

brett_me

Neo Member
Any fellow Cigar smokers here? I'd love to see a cigar OT. I dont have any opening message to go with it yet, but I'm getting my new humidor set tomorrow and I'd like to post pics while I'm setting it up if anyone is interested.

ar0s

I'm not a neo member but can't be bothered to write a topic post so if anyone fancies doing a post in off topic proposing we ban topics that are simply a youtube video and any variation of "discuss" that would be great.

I can't stand clicking an interesting looking topic and it's just an embedded youtube video with no written text summarising the video, meaning it is completely meaningless for all those who cannot watch videos with sound at work.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Playstation Japan just posted a video of Wild Arm's PSX opening.

Is there a date about WA we missed? Like its bd or something? Google Translate just makes remarks upon the game's world.

Possible PS4 re-release?

Last edited:

_Dog_

Neo Member
I would like to create a thread, but the initial post is very long and I'm not sure if it could be done. Would anyone like to talk to me about it?

e0n

I would like to create a thread, but the initial post is very long and I'm not sure if it could be done. Would anyone like to talk to me about it?
I can start a conversation if you give a few details beforehand.

GamesAreFun

Banned
DF Retro X Modern: Okami HD Hits Switch! All Console Versions Tested!

As Okami HD is releasing for the Nintendo Switch, John at Digital Foundry compares every release of Okami - from the original on PS2 up to the current generation. It's amazing how many ports Okami has; it's come a long way from the lacklustre PS2 sales.

Last edited:

bearadactyle

Neo Member
I'm new here and I want to be involved, but if im labled a certain way hopefully
It won't effect the validity of my posts if they are well put together.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
While I believe climate change is real, I don’t believe it is responsible for all the fires in California. People and neglect by CA leaders and companies are.

Sonoma County fires last October: PG&E failed to properly maintain electrical equipment. One assemblyman won’t even meet with the survivors.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/8612943-181/october-fire-survivors-press-california?artslide=0

An arsonist last June that tried to light up back fences and bike trails, devastated another fence/backyard close by, who also lit up Graton:

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/8504273-181/suspected-serial-arsonist-charged-in

Carr Fire— currently ongoing. Started by a big rig with a flat tire and rim scrapping against the road:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/04/us/carr-fire-week-wrap/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

Holy Fire between Orange County and Riverside— currently ongoing. Started by an angry man who sent a letter to a paper promising to burn places down. All but his cabin around him, gone.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/09/us/california-fires/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/08/...dly-threatened-this-place-will-burn-arrested/

Dude in a Honda arrested for starting 9 fires this last July, also in Riverside:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brando...ng-nine-southern-california-fires-2018-07-27/

People get more upset by words than actions, and when confronted they bury their head that it must be no matter what climate change, because to say that California is out of control would be to say that California leaders have failed. And that’s something people don’t want to admit, so they will twist words and try to slander you.

Someone wants to post this?

Posting.

Dai Kaiju

Interested to know what the mods think of NewGAF with its political shift to the right in OT. I feel like 75% of current posters would be banned if this was pre-schism.

Top Bottom