• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Neo' & 'Neophyte' Members - New Thread Requests, Full Members Will Post on Your Behalf

YIKES

Any interest for a PC building thread? Could be a nice moment with the intel 9xxx and nvidia RTX'es spilling into the stores.

brett_me

Neo Member
Oregon Teen Sues Walmart in Age Discrimination Gun Buying Case

Link

I know this might cause a but if a debate, but I'd like to see how the gun people (and the anti gun people) here feel.

As a Florida Resident who's under 21 and a Walmart employee I find the topic interesting.

Viktorija Levi

Neo Member
Any interest for a PC building thread? Could be a nice moment with the intel 9xxx and nvidia RTX'es spilling into the stores.

sounds like a good plan to me, havent found any mentioning about it, but looking for tips on gaming PC building or purchase

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I did say prior that i would look over each post, and dont worry, its still happening! I just need to finish another small novelle before i can get around addressing you all! I am just posting this so you know i am still aware of this :)

Oregon Teen Sues Walmart in Age Discrimination Gun Buying Case

Link

I know this might cause a but if a debate, but I'd like to see how the gun people (and the anti gun people) here feel.

As a Florida Resident who's under 21 and a Walmart employee I find the topic interesting.

Sorry about the wait, but it's been posted. I also fixed what I'm fairly sure was a typo in your request thread. If I made a mistake, just let me know.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/oreg...n-age-discrimination-gun-buying-case.1465369/

gela94

I would like if somebody could open a thread for me
"Advise and tips of usage of resistance bands"
I'm trying to get more fit and using resitance bands at the moment I'm using this guys examples
Does anybody has any experience or can offer advice maybe especially girls around here? Is fullbody workout 3 times a week better than different musclegroups every day?
Would be great if this could become OT for resistance bands :)
At the moment I'm using these kinds not the same brand but same build https://www.amazon.com/dp/7245456313/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I would like if somebody could open a thread for me
"Advise and tips of usage of resistance bands"
I'm trying to get more fit and using resitance bands at the moment I'm using this guys examples
Does anybody has any experience or can offer advice maybe especially girls around here? Is fullbody workout 3 times a week better than different musclegroups every day?
Would be great if this could become OT for resistance bands :)
At the moment I'm using these kinds not the same brand but same build https://www.amazon.com/dp/7245456313/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Posted for you

pel1300

Could someone create this topic...or would it be considered too redundant of a thread since we already have other Star Wars and MCU threads?

Here it is:

Topic title: Video compares Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios dealing with fans

Hey Everyone,

I thought this was worth watching because many, especially casual movie goers seem to lump the Studios under the Disney umbrella as one entity. This video illustrates that it isn't as simple as that.

Here are two different models of how to run a film franchise. Now obviously this video is meant to bash one side...but I still found it interesting

For certain films, it is definitely hard to listen to everyone and please everyone. After all, you can't please everyone. On the other hand, I do think it is possible to gather a general consensus.

I find it interesting how the two companies are night and day in how they handle fan response.

(long version)

(short version)

Last edited:
Could someone create this topic...or would it be considered too redundant of a thread since we already have other Star Wars and MCU threads?

Here it is:

Topic title: Video compares Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios dealing with fans

Hey Everyone,

I thought this was worth watching because many, especially casual movie goers seem to lump the Studios under the Disney umbrella as one entity. This video illustrates that it isn't as simple as that.

Here are two different models of how to run a film franchise. Now obviously this video is meant to bash one side...but I still found it interesting

For certain films, it is definitely hard to listen to everyone and please everyone. After all, you can't please everyone. On the other hand, I do think it is possible to gather a general consensus.

I find it interesting how the two companies are night and day in how they handle fan response.

(long version)

(short version)

Posted for you

pel1300

Captain America Civil War thread request (because previous ones have been locked):

Title: Captain America Civil War: How does it hold up now?

I like Civil War a lot. It's one of my top 5 favorite movies in the MCU.

What makes Civil War interesting is that it was the last film in the MCU before MCU became separate from Marvel Entertainment, the last one where Kevin Feige had a boss in Ike Perlmutter.

Looking back, I was worried how this film would stay tonally consistent with the grounded Winter Soldier and it's political thriller feel. I was impressed with what they did in the end, considering that they had to shoe horn spiderman in the last minute.

The movie does feel small in scale for what it's supposed to be. Does anyone feel that the budget had anything to do with this? Feige did get frustrated with Ike limiting the budget..enough that he threatened to quit Marvel.

Captain America Civil War thread request (because previous ones have been locked):

Title: Captain America Civil War: How does it hold up now?

I like Civil War a lot. It's one of my top 5 favorite movies in the MCU.

What makes Civil War interesting is that it was the last film in the MCU before MCU became separate from Marvel Entertainment, the last one where Kevin Feige had a boss in Ike Perlmutter.

Looking back, I was worried how this film would stay tonally consistent with the grounded Winter Soldier and it's political thriller feel. I was impressed with what they did in the end, considering that they had to shoe horn spiderman in the last minute.

The movie does feel small in scale for what it's supposed to be. Does anyone feel that the budget had anything to do with this? Feige did get frustrated with Ike limiting the budget..enough that he threatened to quit Marvel.
Posted for you

Pompi

"Hand health" thread.

Title: As a gamer/programmer or people who use a computer a lot. How are your hands and wrists doing?

I would like to know your wisdom and tips about hands and wrist health. How do you keep them in good shape. Do you feel they changed since the first time you were playing games?
Personally, I feel like I have more tension in my wrists. The last time I found an arcade cabinet, I found my hands get tired a lot quicker just tapping the shoot button.
I recall as a kid I had no problem to tap the arcade buttons for a long time.
So what do you do to keep your hands healthy and can you feel when your hands are in good shape or not?

"Hand health" thread.

Title: As a gamer/programmer or people who use a computer a lot. How are your hands and wrists doing?

I would like to know your wisdom and tips about hands and wrist health. How do you keep them in good shape. Do you feel they changed since the first time you were playing games?
Personally, I feel like I have more tension in my wrists. The last time I found an arcade cabinet, I found my hands get tired a lot quicker just tapping the shoot button.
I recall as a kid I had no problem to tap the arcade buttons for a long time.
So what do you do to keep your hands healthy and can you feel when your hands are in good shape or not?
Posted for you.

-IZHAN-

Here is My Post I want this in Gaming Discussion !

Capcom has revealed the official PC system requirements for Devil May Cry 5 via its Steam store page.
Devil-May-Cry-5-Dante-672x372.jpg.b6cd8973d9d2cf34c5071f9a660942ee.jpg

Devil May Cry 5 is powered by the RE Engine and while Resident Evil 2 Remake – another game using this engine – will be taking advantage of DLSS, Capcom and NVIDIA have not announced anything about DMC5.

The game is currently scheduled for a March 8th, 2019, release!

Devil May Cry 5 Official PC System Requirements

MINIMUM:

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 3.4GHz or better
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX760 or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 35 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: *Controllers recommended *Internet connection required for game activation.

RECOMMENDED:

• Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX960 or better
  • Additional Notes: *Controllers recommended *Internet connection required for game activation.

Here is My Post I want this in Gaming Discussion !

Capcom has revealed the official PC system requirements for Devil May Cry 5 via its Steam store page.
Devil-May-Cry-5-Dante-672x372.jpg.b6cd8973d9d2cf34c5071f9a660942ee.jpg

Devil May Cry 5 is powered by the RE Engine and while Resident Evil 2 Remake – another game using this engine – will be taking advantage of DLSS, Capcom and NVIDIA have not announced anything about DMC5.

The game is currently scheduled for a March 8th, 2019, release!
Devil May Cry 5 Official PC System Requirements

MINIMUM:
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX760 or better

RECOMMENDED:
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX960 or better
Posted for you

pel1300

Thread Request:

Title: Anyone watching Survivor David vs Goliath (season 37)?

It's pretty entertaining...and annoying at the same time. By annoying I'm talking about the weak "David" team. It's a team of social outcasts with severe psychological issues. They just cry nonstop...and after losing two challenges they have this defeatist attitude of "We can never win"...then the only normal member of the team...a female MMA fighter Bi Ngyuyen talks some sense into them. She tells them losing two in a row is not the end of the world, and that in MMA you learn from losses and move forward.

Funny trivia: Resetera loves the David team....gee I wonder why....

Last edited:

Jay_TCE

Neo Member
Thread Request for Gaming Discussion(Format as necessary);

Title : Do reviews affect which titles you buy and do not buy?

Reviews are there for a reason, to give consumers the means to inform themselves before buying a product. But sometimes, they're unreliable due to some factors such as Bias, or lack of use out of the product.

I personally don't rely on reviews anymore when I buy something especially in terms of video games. For example; When Assassin's Creed: Unity released, there was a band wagon of people just talking about how bad the game is and how broken it is by bugs and issues and yet when I bought and played it, I barely encountered any issues and enjoyed my play through of the game. Another example is Ghost Recon: Wildlands. So many bad reviews about this game and many people suggesting to play with 3 other friends. I played the Beta and now have been playing the game since release and I never play this game with friends and I'm enjoying the game but of course some things could be improved, like the driving which feels weird and clunky like the Watch Dogs games.

I realize that both my examples are games from Ubisoft so if you want to know what other games I enjoyed that had bad reviews let me know.

Now I'm asking you ; Do you rely on reviews when buying games? And if you bought a game regardless of how bad people think it is, have you enjoyed it or were they correct?

Last edited:
Thread Request for Gaming Discussion
Title: A list of recommended CRT's that have both HDMI and Component support.
Can somebody help me (and potentially others) to gather a list of CRT's that fit this specification?

Thread Request for Gaming Discussion(Format as necessary);

Title : Do reviews affect which titles you buy and do not buy?

Reviews are there for a reason, to give consumers the means to inform themselves before buying a product. But sometimes, they're unreliable due to some factors such as Bias, or lack of use out of the product.

I personally don't rely on reviews anymore when I buy something especially in terms of video games. For example; When Assassin's Creed: Unity released, there was a band wagon of people just talking about how bad the game is and how broken it is by bugs and issues and yet when I bought and played it, I barely encountered any issues and enjoyed my play through of the game. Another example is Ghost Recon: Wildlands. So many bad reviews about this game and many people suggesting to play with 3 other friends. I played the Beta and now have been playing the game since release and I never play this game with friends and I'm enjoying the game but of course some things could be improved, like the driving which feels weird and clunky like the Watch Dogs games.

I realize that both my examples are games from Ubisoft so if you want to know what other games I enjoyed that had bad reviews let me know.

Now I'm asking you ; Do you rely on reviews when buying games? And if you bought a game regardless of how bad people think it is, have you enjoyed it or were they correct?
Posted for you : )

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Thread Request for Gaming Discussion
Title: A list of recommended CRT's that have both HDMI and Component support.
Can somebody help me (and potentially others) to gather a list of CRT's that fit this specification?
Have you looked into it yourself and if so, what did you find?

To everyone else i really hate it that i never gotten back to you all, i am sorry :/

Have you looked into it yourself and if so, what did you find?

To everyone else i really hate it that i never gotten back to you all, i am sorry :/

Yes I have looked for some information, and as far as I know, the best brands are Sony Trinitrons, Hoshibas, etc. That's all I got.

Any specific models? Might do well for an OP. If you have some ill post it tomorrow :)

- Sony BVM-20F1U/E (U/E standing for US/Europe)
- Sony KV-XXFV310 (where XX is the size in inches)
- SONY FD TRINITRON WEGA KD-34XBR960

I was literally told by some personal sources that "Sony Trinitrons are the best ones to go for, but brands like Hoshiba and LG are also acceptable" and whilst I do trust them to an extent, I do think getting as many possible opinions on this matter would be very helpful in deciding.

Also the thread could try and specify some specific settings to maybe put the monitors on and what their technical specifications are. That would most undoubtedly be helpful.

Last edited:

Kazza

Thread Request:
I'm not sure if kickstarter projects are allowed here, please ignore if not. As stated in the body of the post, I don't have any connection to the game. I just think it looks like a good quality project worthy of attention on a gaming forum.

Title:
Bushiden - A Futuristic, Ninja Action Platformer (PC, PS4, Switch)

Body:
There are just two days left to go for this kickstarter and it's currently only $3k short of it's $70k target. The spiel on the kicksarter describes it as:
"a Metroidvania-influenced action platformer set in a futuristic world where your greatest foe has been revived from the dead and is seeking revenge. The game combines melee combat with exploration elements spanning 8 separate, non-linear levels."

I don't have any connection to the game, creator, or kickstarter whatsoever, and all my info comes from the kickstarter itself. I just thought there might be some people here that would be interested. It's so close to being funded, and any little extra might be enough to push it over the line.

To be honest, I haven't even decided whether or not to back it myself. The graphics, sound and gameplay (insomuch as it's possible to tell from a few clips) all seem great, and it seems like the kind of high-quality project that would have been funded much quicker if it had been requesting funding a couple of years ago. It's just that the indie market is so saturated nowadays that it's hard to make an impression. On the other hand, I grew up playing Shinobi games and am a sucker for both ninja games and pixel art, so I probably will back it. It kind of looks like a lost Neo Geo Ninja Gaiden game.

It's $20 for a digital copy and $45 for a physical Switch/PS4 copy (unfortunately, no Xbox One version has been announced)

Anyway, the choice to back or not is yours.

a3e90dbd92c55bebc6e6e2b095eb9a12_original.gif

Bullet Club

Thread Request:
I'm not sure if kickstarter projects are allowed here, please ignore if not. As stated in the body of the post, I don't have any connection to the game. I just think it looks like a good quality project worthy of attention on a gaming forum.

Title:
Bushiden - A Futuristic, Ninja Action Platformer (PC, PS4, Switch)

Body:
There are just two days left to go for this kickstarter and it's currently only $3k short of it's $70k target. The spiel on the kicksarter describes it as:
"a Metroidvania-influenced action platformer set in a futuristic world where your greatest foe has been revived from the dead and is seeking revenge. The game combines melee combat with exploration elements spanning 8 separate, non-linear levels."

I don't have any connection to the game, creator, or kickstarter whatsoever, and all my info comes from the kickstarter itself. I just thought there might be some people here that would be interested. It's so close to being funded, and any little extra might be enough to push it over the line.

To be honest, I haven't even decided whether or not to back it myself. The graphics, sound and gameplay (insomuch as it's possible to tell from a few clips) all seem great, and it seems like the kind of high-quality project that would have been funded much quicker if it had been requesting funding a couple of years ago. It's just that the indie market is so saturated nowadays that it's hard to make an impression. On the other hand, I grew up playing Shinobi games and am a sucker for both ninja games and pixel art, so I probably will back it. It kind of looks like a lost Neo Geo Ninja Gaiden game.

It's $20 for a digital copy and $45 for a physical Switch/PS4 copy (unfortunately, no Xbox One version has been announced)

Anyway, the choice to back or not is yours.

a3e90dbd92c55bebc6e6e2b095eb9a12_original.gif
Posted.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/bushiden-a-futuristic-ninja-action-platformer-pc-ps4-switch.1467165/

UntoldTruth

Neo Member
Request for thread post for gaming community. Format as needed.

My PSN recently got permabanned. Anything I can do or should I just give up?

I have read mixed reviews from people managing to get unbanned and some saying it is impossible. Sometime after me and my ex split up my password and email got changed. After we split up I didn't get on my PS4 for nearly 3 months and a friend of mine lent me a copy of Spiderman so I hopped on to play. I had not attempted to log into my account since right after me and my ex split up and I logged onto the Sony website to deactivate her PS4 from my account. I let my niece and nephews use my surface pro 4 when they visit as I do not use it much and it started acting funny and after running some scans I noticed that there was a keylogger on it which is how I assume my account became compromised. When I contacted Sony to recover my account they informed me that the account had been permabanned. They even acknowledged that there was suspicious activity and log ins but chalked it up to gamesharing and blamed me for it as apparently having my account taken due to a virus is impossible as they constantly stated that it is impossible for anyone other than the owner to gain access to the account since the password/email are required even though I have discussed the keylogger that I found on my surface with them. I had 211 digital games, 2 years of Playstation plus and an additional 70 or so disc games plus a majority of the dlc for most of the games. I had absolutely no reason to game share and explained that to them and that the only other PS4 that had access to my account was my Exs PS4 and that she assured me she had nothing to do with this. I admit I did not have two step on mainly because it did not work properly for me due to the fact that it would never remember my PS4 and I would have to enter the code every time I turned my ps4 back on which was annoying. I admit it was stupid to turn it off but I have had that account since like 2016 and has never had any issues with it. I had never had so much as an SIE Moderation action placed against my account. But they state that these decisions are final and even with extenuating circumstances there is no way to reverse it; of which, I call bs on. I believe that phone support has no bearing on bans but I know there has to be someone I can contact to talk to. It has been quite awhile and I am about to just give up and be done with Sony and was hoping someone here may have an idea of some other way I can move forward with this. I have tried writing their legal department but didn't even get a reply.

Hopefully someone here has a suggestion and I look forward to hearing from y'all.

Best Regards,

UntoldTruth.

Bullet Club

I have read mixed reviews from people managing to get unbanned and some saying it is impossible. Sometime after me and my ex split up my password and email got changed. After we split up I didn't get on my PS4 for nearly 3 months and a friend of mine lent me a copy of Spiderman so I hopped on to play. I had not attempted to log into my account since right after me and my ex split up and I logged onto the Sony website to deactivate her PS4 from my account. I let my niece and nephews use my surface pro 4 when they visit as I do not use it much and it started acting funny and after running some scans I noticed that there was a keylogger on it which is how I assume my account became compromised. When I contacted Sony to recover my account they informed me that the account had been permabanned. They even acknowledged that there was suspicious activity and log ins but chalked it up to gamesharing and blamed me for it as apparently having my account taken due to a virus is impossible as they constantly stated that it is impossible for anyone other than the owner to gain access to the account since the password/email are required even though I have discussed the keylogger that I found on my surface with them. I had 211 digital games, 2 years of Playstation plus and an additional 70 or so disc games plus a majority of the dlc for most of the games. I had absolutely no reason to game share and explained that to them and that the only other PS4 that had access to my account was my Exs PS4 and that she assured me she had nothing to do with this. I admit I did not have two step on mainly because it did not work properly for me due to the fact that it would never remember my PS4 and I would have to enter the code every time I turned my ps4 back on which was annoying. I admit it was stupid to turn it off but I have had that account since like 2016 and has never had any issues with it. I had never had so much as an SIE Moderation action placed against my account. But they state that these decisions are final and even with extenuating circumstances there is no way to reverse it; of which, I call bs on. I believe that phone support has no bearing on bans but I know there has to be someone I can contact to talk to. It has been quite awhile and I am about to just give up and be done with Sony and was hoping someone here may have an idea of some other way I can move forward with this. I have tried writing their legal department but didn't even get a reply.

Hopefully someone here has a suggestion and I look forward to hearing from y'all.

Best Regards,

UntoldTruth.
Posted

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/my-p...ng-i-can-do-or-should-i-just-give-up.1467207/

pel1300

Thread request:

Title: Is using the word "female" offensive now?

I just read on another place that some men are too hostile to women who ask not to be called female...rather they prefer just woman.

Is this normal in the US? I am being serious. Like has this become a thing? If so, what is the reasoning behind it?

I don't live in the states anymore, but I am around westerners all the time. Liberal ones, mostly. I use the word female all the time and not once has anyone called me out for being un-pc.

Edit: wow....this goes back 4 years??? https://www.buzzfeed.com/tracyclayton/stop-calling-women-females

Last edited:

Bullet Club

I just read on another place that some men are too hostile to women who ask not to be called female...rather they prefer just woman.

Is this normal in the US? I am being serious. Like has this become a thing? If so, what is the reasoning behind it?

I don't live in the states anymore, but I am around westerners all the time. Liberal ones, mostly. I use the word female all the time and not once has anyone called me out for being un-pc.

Edit: wow....this goes back 4 years??? https://www.buzzfeed.com/tracyclayton/stop-calling-women-females
Posted in the Politics forum.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/is-using-the-word-female-offensive-now.1467270/

pel1300

Thread request

Title: The new Harmy, Ivan Ortega making a VERY impressive re-edit of SW: The Last Jedi

This is looking surprisingly promising and way better than those mediocre prequel fan edits.

Ivan't sources: TLJ blu ray (including deleted scenes, TFA bluray (including deleted scenes), previous SW movie soundtracks

He is doing this for the same reason Harmy made the despecialized editions. Just something for the fans.

-He is editing several scenes.

-Deleting many scenes (most of Canto Bight).

-Adding music from previous SW movies

-Created a FULL TRAINING MONTAGE for Rey using deleted scenes and the intense trailer music. The montage shows a passage of time, where he cleverly edits in grass growing super fast...making it feel like she has been training for weeks.

-He edits out a lot of the lame jokes and replaces them with callbacks/quick shots that make the scenes more emotional

Rey training montage:

Finn waking up:

Luke tossing lightsaber FIXED

Rey's parents FIXED

Ending fixed:

Here is a teaser trailer for the re-edit:

Ivan just needs $5,000 funding to finish this. He has a rough cut that a few SW youtubers have seen. The reviews have been very positive. If he can get more funding, he can hire more hands and get results faster.

What he needs most right now is a voice over. Mainly for the Rey training montage and a few other Luke scenes. Obviously, Mark Hamill can't do it. But maybe he can find someone who can mimic Luke Skywalker's voice well.

Bullet Club

Thread request

Title: The new Harmy, Ivan Ortega making a VERY impressive re-edit of SW: The Last Jedi

This is looking surprisingly promising and way better than those mediocre prequel fan edits.

Ivan't sources: TLJ blu ray (including deleted scenes, TFA bluray (including deleted scenes), previous SW movie soundtracks

He is doing this for the same reason Harmy made the despecialized editions. Just something for the fans.

-He is editing several scenes.

-Deleting many scenes (most of Canto Bight).

-Adding music from previous SW movies

-Created a FULL TRAINING MONTAGE for Rey using deleted scenes and the intense trailer music. The montage shows a passage of time, where he cleverly edits in grass growing super fast...making it feel like she has been training for weeks.

-He edits out a lot of the lame jokes and replaces them with callbacks/quick shots that make the scenes more emotional

Rey training montage:

Finn waking up:

Luke tossing lightsaber FIXED

Rey's parents FIXED

Ending fixed:

Here is a teaser trailer for the re-edit:

Ivan just needs $5,000 funding to finish this. He has a rough cut that a few SW youtubers have seen. The reviews have been very positive. If he can get more funding, he can hire more hands and get results faster.

What he needs most right now is a voice over. Mainly for the Rey training montage and a few other Luke scenes. Obviously, Mark Hamill can't do it. But maybe he can find someone who can mimic Luke Skywalker's voice well.

Posted.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-...pressive-re-edit-of-sw-the-last-jedi.1467304/

OmegaFFXI

Neo Member
Is this still a thing? If so... (and thank you!)

Petition for Square-Enix Final Fantasy XI level 75 cap server

Does anyone remember the old Final Fantasy XI? Before "modernization" took place and made most of the content soloable and added a vertical equipment system where rewards are gained with minimal effort and have much less meaning and value? When you had to form bonds and friendships to succeed, to defeat enemies and overcome obstacles? When setting up skillchains and magic bursts required thought, when making gil required effort, when crafting skills were severely important to the economy and provided invaluable items and even endgame equipment? When beating the Chains of Promathia expansion was a grand achievement? They don't make games like this anymore, because old style games don't reach as wide of an audience, and those of us who prefer the older days, which were much more community oriented, have nowhere to go.

I could go on and on, but let's get to the point. Legacy/classic type servers for MMOs have become more and more popular, with many of their servers having a higher population than their current version servers. Everquest, Everquest 2, RIFT, Age of Conan, RuneScape, Ragnarok Online, Lineage 2 and soon World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings Online have all invested in such a server - and all are successful. I believe that Final Fantasy XI belongs on this list, and so I've started this petition to Square-Enix to bring this era back to us. Your signature as well as sharing with any of your FFXI friends is greatly appreciated.

https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-official-square-enix-final-fantasy-xi-level-75-era-server

Bullet Club

Is this still a thing? If so... (and thank you!)

Petition for Square-Enix Final Fantasy XI level 75 cap server

Does anyone remember the old Final Fantasy XI? Before "modernization" took place and made most of the content soloable and added a vertical equipment system where rewards are gained with minimal effort and have much less meaning and value? When you had to form bonds and friendships to succeed, to defeat enemies and overcome obstacles? When setting up skillchains and magic bursts required thought, when making gil required effort, when crafting skills were severely important to the economy and provided invaluable items and even endgame equipment? When beating the Chains of Promathia expansion was a grand achievement? They don't make games like this anymore, because old style games don't reach as wide of an audience, and those of us who prefer the older days, which were much more community oriented, have nowhere to go.

I could go on and on, but let's get to the point. Legacy/classic type servers for MMOs have become more and more popular, with many of their servers having a higher population than their current version servers. Everquest, Everquest 2, RIFT, Age of Conan, RuneScape, Ragnarok Online, Lineage 2 and soon World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings Online have all invested in such a server - and all are successful. I believe that Final Fantasy XI belongs on this list, and so I've started this petition to Square-Enix to bring this era back to us. Your signature as well as sharing with any of your FFXI friends is greatly appreciated.

https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-official-square-enix-final-fantasy-xi-level-75-era-server
Posted.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/peti...final-fantasy-xi-level-75-cap-server.1467375/

Top Bottom