• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Neo' & 'Neophyte' Members - New Thread Requests, Full Members Will Post on Your Behalf

Title:
Digital Foundry: PUBG PS4/Pro Analysis

Highlights:
-PS4: 1080p, Better foliage draw distances than Xbox One Standard
-Xbox One: 1080p
-PS4 Pro: 1440p, improved textures
-Xbox One X: 2160p, improved textures similar to PS4 Pro, has some improvement on Ambient Occlusion over Pro
-Framerate is pretty much 30 fps in game on all consoles now.
-Performance in lobbies and on plane is still not stable with lurches and stutters going into the game and eventually settling to a pretty much stable 30 fps.
-Antialiasing is pretty much horrible on all platforms though native 4K on Xbox One X considerably diminishes it's impact.

More at link:

DF: PUBG on PlayStation 4: a basic, rough around the edges port

Close if already posted

Thank you for your effort here

EssKayZee

Title:
Intel Unveils 10nm Sunny Cove CPU Architecture

Intel made a series of announcements today as part of its "Architecture Day," including a new CPU architecture called Sunny Cove, a next-generation integrated graphics solution, and perhaps most interesting, a 3D chip design breakthrough that could dictate how future processors are made.

"Sunny Cove enables reduced latency and high throughput, as well as offers much greater parallelism that is expected to improve experiences from gaming to media to data-centric applications,

"The new integrated graphics architecture is expected to double the computing performance-per-clock compared to Intel Gen9 graphics. With >1 TFLOPS performance capability, this architecture is designed to increase game playability," Intel said.

[···] Sunny Cove is slated to arrive in the second half of next year [···]If Sunny Cove delivers the kind of IPC (instructions per clock) and overall improvements Intel promises, we could see it cannibalizing Cannon Lake [···]

Much more details at the following link:
PC Gamer: Intel aims to keep AMD at bay with its 10nm Sunny Cove CPU architecture

The CPU space is about to become much more interesting.

Title: Modders turned Developers first announcement

What started as two people creating maps for minecraft has evolved into the announcement of their first title Hytale. With Riot Games as an Investor this new studio has officially launched the first trailer and from what can be seen it looks to be a whole new take on combining the openness of a sandbox with the detail oriented depth of an RPG.

Game Page: https://hytale.com/game
Announcement Trailer:

Title: Modders turned Developers first announcement

What started as two people creating maps for minecraft has evolved into the announcement of their first title Hytale. With Riot Games as an Investor this new studio has officially launched the first trailer and from what can be seen it looks to be a whole new take on combining the openness of a sandbox with the detail oriented depth of an RPG.

Game Page: https://hytale.com/game
Announcement Trailer:

Up for you

Last edited:

EssKayZee

Title:

Engadget: Epic Games Store is the best thing that could happen to Steam

This just showed up in my news feed. I don't agree with a few things in the article but it is an interesting read nonetheless. Here are a few excerpts.

[...]In the [Game Awards] show's first hour, the studio behind Fortnite and the Unreal Engine launched its new digital marketplace, The Epic Games Store, and its simple gray-and-white logo became a consistent theme throughout the night.

[...]This is a fundamental shift for the PC gaming ecosystem, which, for more than a decade, has been dominated by Steam, Valve's digital distribution hub.

[...]Somewhere during the past decade, Steam became complacent. As an essential monopoly, that meant the PC gaming market stagnated according to Steam's whims. It's why developers ended up expecting a 70/30 revenue split from every digital distributor, including the App Store and Google Play, for years.

[...]It's why Steam has faced a growing wall of criticism over its moderation policies and community features, especially in the past year.

[...]Before it could properly innovate, Steam needed competition. And now, with the launch of the Epic Games store, it has exactly that.

[...]The Epic Games store can't cannibalize Steam with a few exclusives, and Steam can't stop Epic from snagging new games by offering a better revenue share.

[...]But, with billions behind it, the Epic Games store represents the first real competition for Steam in more than a decade, and that means PC gaming is about to change in a major way.

Much more at link:

The Epic Games Store is the best thing that could happen to Steam

Title:

Engadget: Epic Games Store is the best thing that could happen to Steam

This just showed up in my news feed. I don't agree with a few things in the article but it is an interesting read nonetheless. Here are a few excerpts.
Up for you

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Thread request, title: BallisticNG Ready to Wipeout the Fururistic Racer Competition

So, this just came out of early access with version 1.0 and a new trailer to celebrate it.

Yep, for those still unaware, this is essentially a homebrew Wipeout 3-style game with a full track editor, mod support, and tons of other cool stuff on top. The content is 100% original of course, but the resemblance is uncanny, these guys are serious fans with serious skills and got the look, feel and more importantly the quality down. It sure looks like it could have easily been a PSX sequel released back then and even comes with some retro graphical options to make it look even closer to such an experience, though you're also free to ignore those and run it looking sharper and if not exactly fancier, well, somewhat more modern. Here's what the developers had to say about this milestone, other than that, hold on to your butts:
BallisticNG has left Early Access and 1.0 is now released! It's been a crazy few years and we're finally at the point where BallisticNG can be considered finished. With that said though, this doesn't mean the end of development and there's still plenty to come in the future so be sure to stay tuned for new content to come.

Leaderboards have been reset for the release, this is the last leaderboard reset that we will be doing.

We hope you enjoy the new release, there's a lot of new content for you to dive into and with the updated multiplayer you can now have a lot more fun with friends.

We're now going to take a short break and will be back after the holidays to setup modding tools documentation and a demo.

Last edited:
Thread request, title: BallisticNG Ready to Wipeout the Fururistic Racer Competition

So, this just came out of early access with version 1.0 and a new trailer to celebrate it.

Yep, for those still unaware, this is essentially a homebrew Wipeout 3-style game with a full track editor, mod support, and tons of other cool stuff on top. The content is 100% original of course, but the resemblance is uncanny, these guys are serious fans with serious skills and got the look, feel and more importantly the quality down. It sure looks like it could have easily been a PSX sequel released back then and even comes with some retro graphical options to make it look even closer to such an experience, though you're also free to ignore those and run it looking sharper and if not exactly fancier, well, somewhat more modern. Here's what the developers had to say about this milestone, other than that, hold on to your butts:

Posted for you

Last edited:

You missed the quote cos when you quote it removes quotes :)

Thank you!
fixed it

EssKayZee

Title:
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is now free with EA (& Origin) Access

From Gamespot:

Star Wars Battlefront II is now available in the EA Access vault, publisher EA has announced. That means EA / Origin Access members can play the game at no extra cost for as long as they’re subscribed.

The full game is included in the Vault version, though paid DLC is sold separately.

Close if old.

EssKayZee

Title:
Get AC: Odyssey free on Uplay for testing Project Stream (US Only)

From Ubisoft:

Any players that spend a minimum of an hour playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey in Project Stream between now and January 15 will receive a free Uplay PC copy of the game via their linked Uplay account as a special thanks for being a part of the test. Players that already have a copy of Assassin's Creed Odyssey tied to their Uplay account will not be eligible for a free copy of the game.

More info at link.

Close if old.

EssKayZee

Title:
Players Can Now Change Their PSN Region Within the EU

via Dualshockers:

PlayStation players in the EU can now take advantage of changing their PSN region. Sadly, this store update only applies to EU players and those players will only be able to change their store region to other countries in the EU.
[...]This update is probably part of a new European law that restricts shops from being region locked.

[...]EU players will now be able to take advantage of any deals they were previously restricted from due to being a resident of another European country.

Details at link.

Close the thread if old or irrelevant.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Title:
Intel Unveils 10nm Sunny Cove CPU Architecture

Much more details at the following link:
PC Gamer: Intel aims to keep AMD at bay with its 10nm Sunny Cove CPU architecture

The CPU space is about to become much more interesting.
Seeing i just got a ton of likes from your end, PM me if you want to discuss this kind of stuff. Also hello and welcome!

An apology should be made to those people to whom i have said i would post their stuff or reply on their works. :(

EssKayZee

Title:
Latest Steam Beta Update Source Code Hints at Xbox Crossplay API

Via GearNuke
Valve could be developing a Xbox Crossplay API for Steam as hinted by the latest Steam Beta Update.

The newest version of the Steam Beta [...] added new settings in the Steam Open Source Multiplayer Matchmaking Files. The files mention “pairing” with Xbox, which could mean Steam crossplay with Xbox.

Although its true that some games have cross-play compatibility built in [...], this update potentially puts that function right into Steam itself, which could mean it becoming much easier for developers to support cross-play and adding many more games to the cross-play support list.

Although this is just fruitful thinking for now, it could be huge news for both Xbox and Steam communities in the future.

Details at link.

Close if old

Antoon

Banned
Another 200+ posts to go! Yay!

I wish it was simpler, as I really want to make a full-blown animation thread (Im an animator/historian etc.), which I can update weekly, ah one can dream.

Bullet Club

Another 200+ posts to go! Yay!

I wish it was simpler, as I really want to make a full-blown animation thread (Im an animator/historian etc.), which I can update weekly, ah one can dream.
You only need to get to 50 posts. Post some songs in the music threads, the weather thread, the fruit thread etc and you will get there soon enough.

Morel_PL

Neo Member
I wanted to show a little of our game we made, and feel the feedback (or hate) wave from the users.

Title: Steel Rats Blog Post: Throw Nothing Away: Lessons from the Making of Steel Rats

We created and entry at IndieDB game profile, as a little post mortem, why our game is as it is, and that we like to risk a lot!
It would be awesome if other users could share their opinion/feelings about the game and the process. Was the path we choose correct ?

Link: here

PointSea

Neo Member
Hello, I am a game developer from China. Please forgive me for my poor English skills.I would like to ask, can I post a link to the game here?Games on Google play.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Hello, I am a game developer from China. Please forgive me for my poor English skills.I would like to ask, can I post a link to the game here?Games on Google play.

Hi we are happy to have you on the message board and you can reference the game you have made but our rules against self dealing do not allow a dedicated thread about the game.

Thanks!

olimariOA

Banned
It would be cool to have a thread comparing everybody's LPPs.
That's Likes Per Post.

Go to your profile. Divide your likes by the number of posts you've made.
So I have 124 Likes and 100 Posts for an amazing LPP of 1.24

Bullet Club

It would be cool to have a thread comparing everybody's LPPs.
That's Likes Per Post.

Go to your profile. Divide your likes by the number of posts you've made.
So I have 124 Likes and 100 Posts for an amazing LPP of 1.24
There already has been a thread like that:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/lets-find-the-most-liked-user.1467146/

Interesting, how long until a Neo member becomes a full fledged member?
50 posts and 1 month, as Musky_Cheese posted above.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I wanted to show a little of our game we made, and feel the feedback (or hate) wave from the users.

Title: Steel Rats Blog Post: Throw Nothing Away: Lessons from the Making of Steel Rats

We created and entry at IndieDB game profile, as a little post mortem, why our game is as it is, and that we like to risk a lot!
It would be awesome if other users could share their opinion/feelings about the game and the process. Was the path we choose correct ?

I am a little bit late, but you might want to disable the link and ask DGrayson DGrayson .

In general, asking yet linking it anyway can be considered negatively, after all, you asked if something you did was correct, but weren't waiting for an answer.

Just to keep this in mind, and welcome!

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member

There is an indie game thread for people to show off their indie games.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/indi...ones-and-the-template-of-doom.1381176/page-50

wondermega

I would like to request a thread for OT, please.
Title = GAF I am traveling to NYC tomorrow, please recommend cool things to do/see/eat/drink

OP =Hey GAF I am an Angenelo (by way of Boston, but it's been many years). The lady and I decided to spend the last couple of days of 2018 in NYC, we have an AirBNB in Williamsburg. Looking for cool/unusual things to check out, must-eat restaurants, unique bars, and so forth. I haven't been to NYC in about 12 years, haven't really spent much time there at all really. We will NOT be going to Times Square, as it sounds like it's just wayyyy too crowded for New Year's (wait outside in line all day, no facilities, etc). Suggest away - thanks!

J-Roderton

I would like to request a thread for OT, please.
Title = GAF I am traveling to NYC tomorrow, please recommend cool things to do/see/eat/drink

OP =Hey GAF I am an Angenelo (by way of Boston, but it's been many years). The lady and I decided to spend the last couple of days of 2018 in NYC, we have an AirBNB in Williamsburg. Looking for cool/unusual things to check out, must-eat restaurants, unique bars, and so forth. I haven't been to NYC in about 12 years, haven't really spent much time there at all really. We will NOT be going to Times Square, as it sounds like it's just wayyyy too crowded for New Year's (wait outside in line all day, no facilities, etc). Suggest away - thanks!

I got you fam.

Top Bottom