• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0 Error Reporting & Feedback Thread

Alx

You’d rather a page of ‘I agree...’ posts than a single line of text below the post saying who agrees with it? Each to their own, but I know what I prefer, and I know what’s staying.

Yes if it can avoid pages filled with quotes of the same "zinger" or "first post does it again", it's a good feature to have.

ValfarHL

You’d rather a page of ‘I agree...’ posts than a single line of text below the post saying who agrees with it? Each to their own, but I know what I prefer, and I know what’s staying.

Like we had pages of "I agree" posts before this.

Say two people are having a discussion, and one of them ends up getting a load of likes while the other gets a few. The user with fewer likes is more likely to quit the discussion, while still having good and thoughtful arguments.

Popular users will get likes no matter what they write.

When you have a discussion where several poeple are involved, say at work, do you take turn to say who you agree to with? No..

I am a member of a forum which uses this system. It's not a good system.

Good on you for "knowing what stays". I'm no admin, so I don't.

munroe

On mobile Gaf where's the button to quickly jump to the very bottom? I see an up arrow appears to jump to the top but not the reverse

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
With something like the ability to "like" posts it's going to be a matter of seeing how it goes in this particular community, just because something is active now doesn't mean that it will be active permanently. The same goes for features that aren't yet active, it doesn't mean they never will be.

Although there are already things that are planned these things will also evolve organically.

longdi

Banned
Is there a way to change the fonts, to be less fat-ish..? Something slicker and more modern?
I think there is also some inconsistency in font sizes, looks jarring

Timan

Developer
If you find any of the "little details" missing, just make sure we're aware of it. Things like post highlighting, button to go to the bottom of the page on mobile etc. (both will be there later today, just trying to cleanup bits and pieces)

The convoluted email / membership requirements should be relaxed for a while. If you want to bring in new blood

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks great, needs a light theme and the "like" is a nice welcome addition.
Nice to know who feels you've added to the topic without having to needlessly reply .

longdi

Banned
Pc Wide-screen is fixed.

Readability on mobile is bad, im on s7e, for a reply box, 50% is text, the other is avatar,tags, quick reply and too much empty space..

The avatar portion needs to be reduced some

JP

I didn't really use the dark option on the old site, partly because I'd started off with the light option and had been using it for such a long time before trying the other that it just bit weird.

I have found on here that buttons such as the quote button can take a minute or so to actually show up for me now. Not sure why that is.

This isn't an issue with the new design, but is it safe to change your email address if you don't have access to your old address, and your new one is a public gmail account. I think I remember hearing horror stories a while ago about people doing it and losing access to the site.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
EventHorizon EventHorizon
I changed mine to a gmail account earlier today, although I do have access to my old email account I didn't need to do anything with it. It did send an email to the old email address but it was just to inform me that it had changed and that I should contact staff if it wasn't me who did that.

Unity2012

I really like it. I know you guys are still working on it but so far it runs fast and text looks better. Thank you for all the work.

mrkgoo

Nice. Couple things - is there an option to disable avatars? (I used to do this). Also, with the mobile responsive design, I assume we no longer need to use the m.neogaf.com url, but when I use the new one to add to a mobile homepage, there is no longer a dedicated home screen icon. Is this coming?

Edit: I should read the thread lol. ok, "avatars off" incoming.

Last edited:

Fury Sense

If we're going to have likes, can we have this icon back?
KED5Ar4.gif

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
For members saying that they don't have a "like" button or one of the other buttons, it does seem that it can take a bit of time for those to populate sometimes so it may be worth just waiting for a minute or so just to see if they do appear.

Last edited:

JRW

I have no complaints and as of yet not seeing any negative impacts with the new system (PC user).

Last edited:
Top Bottom