• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFire

This thread should really be stickied. Otherwise people who were unjustly banned have random odds of seeing this if they return as a new user or guest.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
This thread should really be stickied. Otherwise people who were unjustly banned have random odds of seeing this if they return as a new user or guest.
Lets tag Beard of the Forest Beard of the Forest and EviLore EviLore for this :)

can I be Un-juniored?
I was going to say that you would be automatically, but with 24.3k posts... :/ Like the above, contact Beard or Tyler regarding this.

Protip: If you sing a lullaby to Tyler, he might grant you a wish. ;)

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
can I be Un-juniored?

Hi DOWN DOWN . Would be happy to if you post a bit more in a regular capacity first. The highlighted date range of your post activity presents some general flags about account suicide potential and the like. Nothing specific to you, but we need to take pragmatic precautions generally due to toxic contingents elsewhere. Hit me up via PM or with an @ or in here or whatever after getting some regular post activity in and your full member status will be restored. Thanks!

3zchxuv.png

caffeware

Banned
Hi DOWN DOWN . Would be happy to if you post a bit more in a regular capacity first. The highlighted date range of your post activity presents some general flags about account suicide potential and the like. Nothing specific to you, but we need to take pragmatic precautions generally due to toxic contingents elsewhere. Hit me up via PM or with an @ or in here or whatever after getting some regular post activity in and your full member status will be restored. Thanks!

3zchxuv.png
damn. evilore with them facts.

DOWN

Banned

3zchxuv.png
Appreciated. I became more of a lurker once I got juniored. I’ll see what I can do I guess.

DonF

Funny to find this thread.

I'll tell you my story, I was a looong time lurker, like I lurked for 3-4 years. Then one day I decided to create an account.

There was this thread... oh my god, the virtue signaling! It was titled like "Do you play games that lack representation or lack minorities ?" and I responded with something like "I only play Rocket League nowadays... that game sure lacks representation of other transportation methods."

I was banned right away, with a message like "there is a time and place and this isn't it, junior. Permabanned"

Needless to say, I like GAF a lot more now.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

I'll tell you my story, I was a looong time lurker, like I lurked for 3-4 years. Then one day I decided to create an account.

There was this thread... oh my god, the virtue signaling! It was titled like "Do you play games that lack representation or lack minorities ?" and I responded with something like "I only play Rocket League nowadays... that game sure lacks representation of other transportation methods."

I was banned right away, with a message like "there is a time and place and this isn't it, junior. Permabanned"

:messenger_expressionless::messenger_face_steam:

Sounds like one of the usual suspects on the ex-team. Not finding records of this happening to your current account. Was it a previous account that got permed? Let me know the username (here or via PM if you'd prefer) and I can likely sort you out, unban, merge your accounts, get your post history integrated, extra achievements unlocked, etc. And your preferred username between the two.

dorkimoe

Is there a way to have something pop up like an announcement that lets people know about this? Or mass change ban messages of past accounts so people can find this thread? I think it would really help get some good people back. :)

DonF

:messenger_expressionless::messenger_face_steam:

Sounds like one of the usual suspects on the ex-team. Not finding records of this happening to your current account. Was it a previous account that got permed? Let me know the username (here or via PM if you'd prefer) and I can likely sort you out, unban, merge your accounts, get your post history integrated, extra achievements unlocked, etc. And your preferred username between the two.
Thank you, but I'm fine with my current account, no problem!! Keep up the good work!

kingwingin

My account loss was completely justified few years back, i thought this place was a lost cause and ended up taking my day out on besada, calling him names. Id really appreciate having it back. It was my username but without the .

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice

For what it's worth, this made me laugh quite a lot.

Hey there, so I was banned during the election season in 2015 and 2016, twice. However I wanted to see if I could keep the current E-mail but merge my old account with this one and also get back my old username.

The TC here explains a lot of why things were so bad, I basically did nothing but be neutral and was banned on my first account, which also got like half its posts removed somehow. And then a while later I came back again and I was apparently reported by someone who kind of just made up what I was doing and the ban message reflected that and then I just kind of stayed OFF gaf and then saw what happened in 2017 and I'm not going to lie I was a bit...Mixed on that.

But since I've been tracking this place it's gotten a lot better without closed-gate discussions filled with fish bait to hook someone on the ban boat, and hopefully, mods can't just ban people for made up reasons even they didn't bother to verify.

Someone linked to this thread when I asked about getting my accounts merged so hope this thread is still used, seems the last post was recent enough.

mod edit: EviLore EviLore Palliasso Palliasso Beard of the Forest Beard of the Forest Avasarala Avasarala

Last edited by a moderator:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Hey there, so I was banned during the election season in 2015 and 2016, twice. However I wanted to see if I could keep the current E-mail but merge my old account with this one and also get back my old username.

The TC here explains a lot of why things were so bad, I basically did nothing but be neutral and was banned on my first account, which also got like half its posts removed somehow. And then a while later I came back again and I was apparently reported by someone who kind of just made up what I was doing and the ban message reflected that and then I just kind of stayed OFF gaf and then saw what happened in 2017 and I'm not going to lie I was a bit...Mixed on that.

But since I've been tracking this place it's gotten a lot better without closed-gate discussions filled with fish bait to hook someone on the ban boat, and hopefully, mods can't just ban people for made up reasons even they didn't bother to verify.

Someone linked to this thread when I asked about getting my accounts merged so hope this thread is still used, seems the last post was recent enough.

mod edit: EviLore EviLore Palliasso Palliasso Beard of the Forest Beard of the Forest Avasarala Avasarala
To add to that: Please make this a sticky thread.

So, what are some of the biggest changes since Gaf got fixed up? I know they got moderations and user bias under control, but I also see a 360-esque achievement system?

Last edited:

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
So, what are some of the biggest changes since Gaf got fixed up?

You can openly state right or moderate opinions without being banned. You can discuss science in a respectful manner, regardless of if a certain mod or group finds offense in the science being presented. Discussion is welcomed and encouraged. Basically, the toxic/controlling people left and things have improved greatly. Hell, currently the biggest "issue" people have is with too many poll threads on the front page.

You can openly state right or moderate opinions without being banned. You can discuss science in a respectful manner, regardless of if a certain mod or group finds offense in the science being presented. Discussion is welcomed and encouraged. Basically, the toxic/controlling people left and things have improved greatly. Hell, currently the biggest "issue" people have is with too many poll threads on the front page.
Scopa Scopa cum closet is also an issue. But I agree, the too many polls is a bigger issue.

So, what are some of the biggest changes since Gaf got fixed up? I know they got moderations and user bias under control, but I also see a 360-esque achievement system?

Welcome back ...as stated you can have an opinion on something and openly discuss it ..while not everyone may not agree with your opinion you wont get banned for it and the mods and people here are much more chilled and open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom