• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Camera Equipment Thread | MK II

llien

Anyone with Fuji T-X20 or Sony A6500 experience here? Torn between what to buy as a present for my wife, who discovered our RX 100 R3 isn't quite what she needs for her... instagramming.

Saturnman

Banned
Anyone with Fuji T-X20 or Sony A6500 experience here? Torn between what to buy as a present for my wife, who discovered our RX 100 R3 isn't quite what she needs for her... instagramming.

Any smartphone with front and back camera will do. The Instagram app runs directly on smartphones (no need to tranfer photos to a device with Instagram). Perfect synergy.

Buying a more expensive camera will not meet her needs. Accept the reality that your wife is part of the reason why the camera market shrinks. :)

Edit: didn't notice the topic hasn't been updated in a year.

Last edited:

llien

S Saturnman
Mobile phones weren't really cutting it. :)
Ended up with Fuji X-T20 with amazing kit lens + 50-230mm XC.
Amazing camera. Lack of in-body optical stabilization seems to have been addressed in newer models (despite Fuji stating that lens mount would need to change to support it, it haven't changed).

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The X-H1 has IBIS and keeps X mount? That's great to hear.

I'm a big fan of Fuji's X series cameras. Great handling with the manual control dials, great lenses. They've been my go-to for a long time.

llien llien getting a thumb grip and soft shutter release helps a lot with one handed shooting and general handheld shot stability.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone around here still into cameras and camera gear? What's your camera of choice?

I've got a lot of posts in this thread from before the fallout, but I'm currently using a Sony A9 and I absolutely love it. Hoping that the successor model will get announced in the coming months.

Type_Raver

Anyone around here still into cameras and camera gear? What's your camera of choice?

I've got a lot of posts in this thread from before the fallout, but I'm currently using a Sony A9 and I absolutely love it. Hoping that the successor model will get announced in the coming months.

I recently got myself a Panasonic S1R and the 50mm F1.4 lens.
What pulled me over was is practical HighRes mode, which works pretty will in my limited testing.

Unfortunately I have an issue with the lens and had to return it. Its with Panasonic and Im still waiting on the outcome.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I recently got myself a Panasonic S1R and the 50mm F1.4 lens.
What pulled me over was is practical HighRes mode, which works pretty will in my limited testing.

Unfortunately I have an issue with the lens and had to return it. Its with Panasonic and Im still waiting on the outcome.

Nice! I've heard good things about the new Panasonic full frame system. Does the high-res mode work handheld like some M43 cameras or still require a tripod?

Type_Raver

Nice! I've heard good things about the new Panasonic full frame system. Does the high-res mode work handheld like some M43 cameras or still require a tripod?

I definitely needs a tripod and favourable conditions. But the good thing with Panasonic's implementation is that they offer 2 high res modes - 1 for static/stationary subjects and 2 for subjects which have some objects in motion (Water, leaves, flags, etc). Also, it does all the processing in camera, so no fiddling around in post. You have a raw ready to go..

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely needs a tripod and favourable conditions. But the good thing with Panasonic's implementation is that they offer 2 high res modes - 1 for static/stationary subjects and 2 for subjects which have some objects in motion (Water, leaves, flags, etc). Also, it does all the processing in camera, so no fiddling around in post. You have a raw ready to go..

No fiddling in post is great. That's one of the huge downsides of Sony's solution. You need to use their janky software to merge the files before you can even edit them.

Top Bottom