• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, did I just get called out by Microsoft's JEFF BELL?!

Mojovonio

Banned
Seriously though, 1up reporting on this is like Star reporting that some celebrity went to a bar and got drunk.

This is news rag stuff right here, Patrick.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
if we're going to get into the seriousness about this, i do think its sort of bad on bell's part to actually send the pm like that, since i'm sure it happens at many more places than just neogaf...and more people than a master ninja doing it...but its probably equally not as cool to out someone like what happened, but after reading in between the lines even without the real "confirmation" you can pretty much assume it was really him anyway.

its not like he was trying to hide his identity in the first place.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Foxtastical said:
I like how this apparent "non-news" is getting a thousand post thread.

Huh.

That's because you've got a certain set of GAF posters attempting to defend the little guy (Bell).

Tobor

LakeEarth said:
One way to figure out Peter Moore's tag is to find out which GAFfer was missing during each E3 while GAF is usually overflowing.

Throw him in the water. If he sinks, he is pure. If he floats, he is a wizard and should be burned at the stake.

AltogetherAndrews said:
And let's be fair here, this supposedly bizarre behavior is roughly on par with a major gaming news site giving the "story" top billing.

Isn't billing done chronologically at 1up? Or was 'New Color For 360 Controller' a real barnburner that day?

pr0cs

This thread is yet another reminder why I'd never want to be in the public limelight.
It's funny because people say "Oh I hate company XXX because all we get are people that toe the line and never say anything interesting" and now some suit from a big company shows that he's actually human (or at least cyborg) and he should be "punished" for bashing the community?
double standards ftw.

I really was hoping he'd post in this thread to seal the awesomeness but I think it's safe to say that is the last we'll see of Bell here or in any other media event.

Nobody (atleast not me) is saying this isn't news. It's how the news article was written and the actual contacting of MS asking the ethics of it that I have qualms with.

Mojovonio

Banned
DarienA said:
That's because you've got a certain set of GAF posters attempting to defend the little guy (Bell).

What's to defend?

He didn't do anything wrong. Like Bish mentioned, Jaffe could say whatever he wants and no one does anything.

This shit is funny, even master ninja finds it funny.

thekad

Banned
DarienA said:

Xbox fans and their love for Bell and Sony fans and their hate for 1up. United, at last.

The people bitching about mods revealing Bell's identity need to get a reality check Why do you care. Plus Master Ninja didn't really say anything that offensive towards Bell in the first place.
thekad said:
Xbox fans and their love for Bell and Sony fans and their hate for 1up. United, at last.
WOW :lol

widgetraf

JB just went up a couple of point in my book, and im sure to dozens of other GAFfers. but to the average gamer who just happens to stumble on 1up's article, he might seem like a douche.

this is funny partly because its an inside joke for us. to everyone else out of the loop, its like an adult picking on a kid.

Neogaf has influence theres now doubt. A lot of "converting" goes on on these forums if you know what I mean (Mainly has been Sony fanboys converting to Nintendo fanboys over the past couple years ). Posters influence readers with their opinions. Jeff just wanted to make the opinions go his way. Who could blame him.

Firewire

Banned
:lol

It confirms the fact though that people from MS were in that thread yesterday. I bet Peter Moore took a peek to.

I honestly hope nothing happens to the guy or anything. People were taking some bad shots at him, so I can see how he might of felt like responding in this way! The guy has a family & kids though, I hope he doesn't get crapped on.

5yvqh3c.jpg

arne

LakeEarth said:
One way to figure out Peter Moore's tag is to find out which GAFfer was missing during each E3 while GAF is usually overflowing.

whew, i'm glad this rules me out then.

also, this place is like a shark feeding frenzy all of a sudden, gaffers don't know who to render the flesh from next, so everybody is being ripped to shreds. :<

I welcome Jeff Bell with open arms now. He's cool in my book. Heck, he provided us with entertainment, why did Patrick go and have to screw it up?

I bet Patrick has ridiculed someone on GAF. Quick, someone find some evidence and we'll make it a news story on some other crappy website!

LakeEarth said:
And if he weighs the same as a duck?
Shoot him?

arne said:
whew, i'm glad this rules me out then.

also, this place is like a shark feeding frenzy all of a sudden, gaffers don't know who to render the flesh from next, so everybody is being ripped to shreads. :<
Kind of true. First it was Bell, then the mods, then 1UP...next?

Although I think some of the criticism was warranted on all fronts.

Top Bottom