• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, did I just get called out by Microsoft's JEFF BELL?!

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
I'd think Mr. Bell is busy with Microsoft goings-on to reply to this public outcry.

Plus, he's on PST, so he probably won't log on for another couple hours or so. That's when I'll be coming back for the verbal smackdown he shall delivereth from his mountain of power.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
LTTP, but my take:

The thread is awesome, patrick at 1up sucks and is trying WAY TOO HARD to be the next Luke or something, and what the mods did was irresponsible. But wasabi already addressed the last part, and patrick will continue to post non-news like this for hits, so yeah.

Lindsay said:
Soooo many people breaking rules #1 & 2... oh well this has been an awesome thread. This may be tabloid news but it's still news somewhat related to gaming so the outcry against 1up is pretty dumb. The true winner is AMN. Great job!

Let's hope nobody invokes Rule #34 on Jeff Bell...

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
itsgreen said:
We should have a Neogaf calender, so everybody knows who we are bashing this week...

I vote Miyamoto for not innovating enough! or J Allard for dissapearing!

Careful, Miyamoto posts here as Wario64. :lol

no he doesn't

And for the record, next week, we're bashing Reggie. Some of us will die in the process, but its for the good of us all.

Firewire

Banned
Guys were getting some hate.

"those f!cking pr*cks, Jeff is a stand-up guy and I think he nailed his performance on stage, I gotta say nintendo and especially sony's conference weren't dead on either with perfection. F!ck those kids all they do is post bullsh!t on a site and giggle to their b!tch selves."

-poster on another site responding to this story!

Firewire said:
Guys were getting some hate.

"those f!cking pr*cks, Jeff is a stand-up guy and I think he nailed his performance on stage, I gotta say nintendo and especially sony's conference weren't dead on either with perfection. F!ck those kids all they do is post bullsh!t on a site and giggle to their b!tch selves."

-poster on another site responding to this story!
Kids?

Seriously we need a "Nuclear launch detected" in this thread.

MercuryLS said:
I really don't understand all the Jeff Bell hate, he seemed to be perfectly fine on stage at MS's press conference.

After watching Moore, both he and Kim seemed to be a bit arrogant

"we, at Microsoft"

instead of Moore's:

" we, and our partners"

Maybe it's just Moore's charisma at work. :p

ManaByte

Raw64life said:
Can someone summarize the last 20 pages of this thread?

6cmps1k.gif

Zenith

Banned
eXxy said:
Still, I won't apologize for it -- I still think it's incredibly bad form on Microsoft's part and reflects badly on their community focus.

David Jaffe, a Sony exec (oh, wait, according to you he left Sony) posts regularly, sometimes with insults. What the HELL is he doing?!? What bad form! I want daily news coverage. Why on earth isn't 1UP posting a news story every time he posts here? Real journalists my Aunt Fanny. You should be on the phone to Sony right now demanding why someone in Jaffe's position was allowed to come into direct contact with the internets.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
just skimming through replies and seeing how quickly it ballooned out, this thread really is bizarre.

besada

Banned
You know, it's going to be funny as hell if it turns out his kid was using his laptop and got pissed that someone was making fun of his dad. I know that's the story I'd be selling if I were Jeff Bell:lol

itsgreen

EMBee99 said:
Careful, Miyamoto posts here as Wario64. :lol

no he doesn't

And for the record, next week, we're bashing Reggie. Some of us will die in the process, but its for the good of us all.

Or Jaffe, Jaffe is guaranteed fun...

fernoca

besada said:
You know, it's going to be funny as hell if it turns out his kid was using his laptop and got pissed that someone was making fun of his dad. I know that's the story I'd be selling if I were Jeff Bell:lol
Oh come on...
You know the account of one of his kids is besada...

Oh wait! :O!!!

Branduil

besada said:
That's up there with "the dog ate my homework."

SPEA

Extremely funny?: Definitely
Actually news worthy?: Not the slightest.

1up is really reaching for hits with this one. I think its pretty cool that some execs/developers post here. Is 1up now gonna write a story every time one of them posts?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Absolutely awesome...

Is Jim in trouble for outing him? I hope not :(

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Shard said:
Really not a good week for Microsoft.

On the bright side, GAF seems to have found a worthy replacement for Peter Moore. And in record time, too.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
AndyMoogle said:
You're calling Patrick Swayze "that dude from Donnie Darko"?

And no, he doesn't look like him.
Yes I did and yes he does. Swayze in Darko was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the press conference.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Huahua I didn't know there was a Swayze fan alliance on NeoGaf. I kept it simple for the kids but I guess there's a more educated and touchy bunch here.

If I had a high level executive representing my company that I was paying a six-figure salary, I would expect him to act somewhat professionally. The very least of which would include not getting involved in sophomoric drama and childishly insulting people over an internet message board. Is this the kind of behavior Microsoft finds acceptable from their management? Blows my mind.

Roddimus_Prime said:
If I had a high level executive representing my company that I was paying a six-figure salary, I would expect him to act somewhat professionally. The very least of which would include not getting involved in sophomoric drama and childishly insulting people over an internet message board. Is this the kind of behavior Microsoft finds acceptable from their management? Blows my mind.

Do you want these guys to be part of the community or not?

Top Bottom