• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, did I just get called out by Microsoft's JEFF BELL?!

Eric WK said:
People liked Peter, though.

I liked him too.

The problem with company reps like Peter Moore, Jay Allard, Perrin Kaplan, Reggie Fils-Aime, Ken Kutaragi and Phil Harrison is that they are so unlike the customers they are trying to appeal to, so whenever they try and act like what they perceive their audience to act like its embarrassing and its ripe for forums like GAF to knock them down a peg or two.

broadwayrock said:
I liked him too.

The problem with company reps like Peter Moore, Jay Allard, Perrin Kaplan, Reggie Fils-Aime, Ken Kutaragi and Phil Harrison is that they are so unlike the customers they are trying to appeal to, so whenever they try and act like what they perceive their audience to act like its embarrassing and its ripe for forums like GAF to knock them down a peg or two.
"You will now see my driving prowress...*CRASH* Oh! that's not good! *CRASH* *BEEP*"

broadwayrock said:
5yvqh3c.jpg

ROFLMAO This thread reeks of Legendary I love this place.:lol

besada

Banned
manxor said:
You guys do know he left his phone number in the comments section of gamedaily's praise article:

http://www.gamedaily.com/blog/2007/07/11/jeff-bell-tackles-reggie-fils-aime/

Hmmmmmm...
You get the automated system which asks you for a name and then says there are too many names that sound like that, and offers to connect you with an operator. Unless you know his email alias or extension.

Now we're really turning into 4chan. We're making raids on people. Can we start calling Larry King and shouting Bababooie next?

manxor

CrushDance said:
That number is for administrative contact at MS. Not direct to Bell.
Ahhhh, makes sense. Before, I didn't really think it was him. But now I realize it probably was.

They gave him a good review...

Zenith said:
David Jaffe, a Sony exec (oh, wait, according to you he left Sony) posts regularly, sometimes with insults. What the HELL is he doing?!? What bad form! I want daily news coverage. Why on earth isn't 1UP posting a news story every time he posts here? Real journalists my Aunt Fanny. You should be on the phone to Sony right now demanding why someone in Jaffe's position was allowed to come into direct contact with the internets.

Jaffe isnt an executive, is a game director. He doesnt represent any top tier management of the company. He usually insults people who attack him with no real merit behind it, or dispells an rumors of what he has previously said that people have taken out of context.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Roddimus_Prime said:
If I had a high level executive representing my company that I was paying a six-figure salary, I would expect him to act somewhat professionally. The very least of which would include not getting involved in sophomoric drama and childishly insulting people over an internet message board. Is this the kind of behavior Microsoft finds acceptable from their management? Blows my mind.
this better be sarcasm

bendak

I read this whole damn thread and it was legendary, but it wasn't meant to last. Right around the time 1up posted the story it went downhill. The last 10 pages or so are rubbish.

Maybe "Epic thread" is more appropriate at this point.

The lack of gif's makes me cry. There are a few gems though.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I wrote a short poem to sum up this thread

Fight the faith of ragged kings
A message sent over light beams
"Who do you think you are? You child.
Your softball attacks are salsa mild
Reveal your scheme to one and all
Made the forum a giant lol
Photos of you have been edited
Your plan and execution will soon be regreted
Page after page it does not stop
Until your tiny prickly head pops
Far into the night we will laugh
For you are Jeff Bell, and we are GAF.

JDSN

Banned
:lol Holy crap, I was going to make so pretentious post about the reasons of why a marketing person would never be dumb enough to make such a childish thing, then I noticed the huge number of pages and realized the true.

Edit: I ****ing love Sp0rk.

Teriyaki

sp0rsk said:
I wrote a short poem to sum up this thread

Fight the faith of ragged kings
A message sent over light beams
"Who do you think you are? You child.
Your softball attacks are salsa mild
Reveal your scheme to one and all
Made the forum a giant lol
Photos of you have been edited
Your plan and execution will soon be regreted
Page after page it does not stop
Until your tiny prickly head pops
Far into the night we will laugh
For you are Jeff Bell, and we are GAF.

:lol Can you work "brotha" into the second stanza?

It would be best for Mr Bell to come in and respond and losen up the atmosphere and make sure he is easy with this whole thing. All in all what it has done is introduced Bell officially to the gaming world. We now know he is not a Reggie clone that he was at E3, He is also human like all of us

Sharp

Wasn't going to contribute to this thread but that was awesome sp0rsk!

Even if it doesn't quite scan.

Proc said:
jesus, this made joy-stiq :lol
They're trying to capitalize on the surge iN hits they generated when they criticized R&C 4.

GavinGT said:
Just wait, next E3 when he reaches into his jacket pocket, it'll be a gun he pulls out instead of a Scene-It controller. He'll shoot up the whole place, starting with Reggie Bush. "I knew you Microsoft guys was not to be trusted!" will be his last words before Bell caps his ass, saying "And what has been your contribution to society?".

That's how I see it anyway.
Whoa dude! :lol

Top Bottom