• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Never been to the US before, going to NYC in April, need some tips.

Try to get to Rockefeller early on a Friday morning not only do you have a chance to appear on the Today show , on Fridays when it gets warm they have a performance I believe every week . Even if the performances haven't started they do start to shoot some of the show outside if its warm , you might even get to meet Al Roker! When that's done the Nintendo Store should be open and is right in the area ... If you make it down to Chinatown(heh) I recommend a little coffee shop close to the corner of Elziabeth street and Bayard Street They have amazing pork buns (that I remember) and their sweet rolls are really good too.

I will be at wrestlecon Friday morning, so that won’t be happening.

Nintendo store and video games New York are on my list of places to go.

MC Safety

So anyone familiar with Rahway, NJ and the general area since this is now a stop on my tour because of this development.

It seems like to get there have to go to to Penn St to get a train or the n`y port authority for a bus, we’re probably going to go to go via train.

You can use NJ Transit to get where you're going. You can take the trains from Penn Station.

Not sure if you like this stuff, but Forbidden Planet is great. https://www.fpnyc.com/Store-Information/

(There used to be two Forbidden Planets, but now I think there's just the one.)

Buy a gun. If I ever go to America that's the first thing I'll do. Just go into a store and buy a gun.

Lol, fortunately its not quite that simple my friend. NYC is probably the worst place in the county to make such a purchase . Let alone for a non-citizen....

Anyway, sorry to hear that you’ve been detoured to NJ. Here’s what else you can do in NYC:

1) walk on the highline (it’s an elevated subway that was converted to a greenway a few years back. Very nifty.

2) eat a goddamned bagel with lox. It’s the water that makes NYC bagels and pizza so good (no joke, I’m serious here). Go to “Russ and Daughters” for the bagel and lox.

3) if youre staying in Queens, there’s a ton of great ethnic food places to pick from. TimeOut New York is your friend.

4) avoid Times Square like the fucking plague. It’s a total tourist trap and pretty much all the food sucks. (Unless you eat at Sardis before catching a broadway show).

5) if you’re going to see one landmark then probably check out the new World Trade Center. It’s a helluva impressive building.

That’s what I can’t think of at the moment. Happy travels, friend.

Top Bottom