• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New OoT 3D ad w/ Robin Williams (Up: Zelda Williams on waterfowl marriage/neoGAF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eradicate

That beard is transcendent!

VVUnR.jpg

This image isn't to the extent of Metroid Killer's image though. THAT is transcendent!

BitchTits

So she's now out on the scene, and he's using her as a career lift, and Nintendo are riding the wave?

That's what I got from that.

miserable

BitchTits said:
So she's now out on the scene, and he's using her as a career lift, and Nintendo are riding the wave?

That's what I got from that.

Exactly, you nailed it!

Boy, nothing gets by GAF!
rolleyes

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I want Zelda to look like Zelda Williams in future games.

She's really adorable in this ad.

Luigiv

Jocchan said:
Maybe he grew that beard to look like him.
Likely he has the beard so he doesn't need to put on a fake one if his next role calls for it.

Either that or he's just reached that age wear he feels that he'd look good in a bushman's beard.

DryvBy

DMPrince said:
whoa. he named his daughter zelda.

Didn't "Weird Al" do this too?

Still don't know why Robin Williams needs to advertise the greatest game ever? I mean, gamers know what this is.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Just realized... that's a UK spot.

How odd is that?
The UK agency puts this cool ad together with American actors, and we get that CG trailer. So that's what they think of us! /snicker

(Uk box art and nintendo.uk.com URL at end)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
John Harker said:
Just realized... that's a UK spot.

How odd is that?
The UK agency puts this cool ad together with American actors, and we get that CG trailer. So that's what they think of us! /snicker

(Uk box art and nintendo.uk.com URL at end)

I read that`ll be aired in europe too.

Edit
Oh i misread it - yes it seem europe exclusive.

There is an interview with her on the Nintendo Channel and she talks about her love for the series and how Majora's Mask is her favorite game. She seems really cool.

Zoe

DryvBy2 said:
Didn't "Weird Al" do this too?

Still don't know why Robin Williams needs to advertise the greatest game ever? I mean, gamers know what this is.

This kind of advertising works wonders in Japan.

CassSept

demolitiongc1 said:
There is an interview with her on the Nintendo Channel and she talks about her love for the series and how Majora's Mask is her favorite game. She seems really cool.
Is there any way she could get any better :eek:?

WillyFive

So it won't be aired on the US? NoA should, it's excellent.

If they don't, they drop the ball again, and be happy with lame software sales.

Davey Cakes

demolitiongc1 said:
Sounds about right.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
demolitiongc1 said:
Well that's lucky. Would have been a bit embarrassing if she ended up hating the series.

CassSept said:
Is there any way she could get any better :eek:?
Be 2D.

Coen

cw_sasuke said:
I read that`ll be aired in europe too.

Edit
Oh i misread it - yes it seem europe exclusive.

It's very consistent with what we've been seeing in Europe for a long time. We've had big stars like Beyonce and Nicole Kidman promoting DS games (and I guess those were aired in the US too), but there's also been commercials with Dutch TV hosts talking about WiiFit and Pokémon. Feels like a continuation of that theme.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
BGBW said:
Well that's lucky. Would have been a bit embarrassing if she ended up hating the series.
Everyone I know loves Zelda, even the non-gamers, and especially non-gamer girls. Its just one of those things.

TL4E

Great commercial, amazing how they have one that's complete garbage and one that's the polar opposite.

By the way: what's that area immediately after the close-up of the girl's eyes? The one with the two mountain-like structures? I don't remember that from OoT.

edit: nevermind, I looked at the map and I know where it is. :p

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
DryvBy2 said:
It sounds weird, but many gamers weren't even born when this game was originally released.

Effect

Willy105 said:
So it won't be aired on the US? NoA should, it's excellent.

If they don't, they drop the ball again, and be happy with lame software sales.

In regard to this. Didn't NoA just hire a new marketing VP a few months ago? Wonder if he's even started yet. I know for a while there they didn't even have one in the position after the last one left and that could explain for why things have been so bad in regards to NoA. However that excuse can't be used now.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
TL4E said:
Great commercial, amazing how they have one that's complete garbage and one that's the polar opposite.

By the way: what's that area immediately after the close-up of the girl's eyes? The one with the two mountain-like structures? I don't remember that from OoT.
The area between Dodongo Cavern and the Goron Village, lead up to the path where you get the Biggoron Sword.

WillyFive

Jocchan said:
It sounds weird, but many gamers weren't even born when this game was originally released.

And it also reaches out to people who know of Robin Williams, but have no interest in games and never heard of them enough to know of Zelda.

It could get them into gaming, and their first game would be Ocarina of Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom