• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New OoT 3D ad w/ Robin Williams (Up: Zelda Williams on waterfowl marriage/neoGAF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trurl

Banned
BitchTits said:
So she's now out on the scene, and he's using her as a career lift, and Nintendo are riding the wave?

That's what I got from that.
Whether you are trolling or not, this is the most cynical thing I've read in a while.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That was a sweet commercial. Very heartwarming. :)

Menelaus said:
84245.jpg
damn, i'd use my master key on her door any day

jbueno

Leaps and bounds better than the bland CG ad, and it contains actual game footage to boot. Hopefully it airs in the US as well, since the video in the link seems to be from the euro version (it shows the PEGI rating in the end).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Miyamoto should have returned the favor and named/renamed his daughter Doubtfire.

SeanR1221

The Broken Ska Record said:
Zelda is a pretty name on it it's own. It's not like he named his son Tanooki Suit Mario. :/

She briefly mentions she was made fun of in school. I just feel it's creepy to do that to a child.

Micius

Good commercial indeed. Also really took me by surprise that he named his daughter Zelda after the video game, though it was a real name before the game too. I think I read somewhere that Nintendo got the name from F. Scott Fitzgerald's wife Zelda Fitzgerald?

SeanR1221 said:
She briefly mentions she was made fun of in school. I just feel it's creepy to do that to a child.
you were made fun of in school. you can't prevent that from happening no matter what you call your kids.

SeanR1221

Littleberu said:
People make fun of other people names. News at 11.

Ok. You don't get it.

plagiarize said:
you were made fun of in school. you can't prevent that from happening no matter what you call your kids.

Right. Doesn't matter if you name your kid Ham Sandwich or Evan, they'll be made fun of for their name no matter what!

pulga

Banned
I love Zelda, she's a total geek <3 from her twitter:

“@zeldawilliams: First thoughts on Xmen First Class: exactly WHICH first class is this?! Angel was part of the NEW school & Havoc is older than cyclops now?”

“@zeldawilliams: They could've at least chosen fun mutants if they were gonna mess with the canon like that. How about the Cable or Scarlett Witch? #XmenFail”

“@zeldawilliams: And totally meant 'Cable' and 'the Scarlett Witch'. #ZeldaFail”

*swoon*

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
SeanR1221 said:
Ok. You don't get it.

Right. Doesn't matter if you name your kid Ham Sandwich or Evan, they'll be made fun of for their name no matter what!
So no one should name their daughter Zelda anymore because there's a game character with that name and there's a chance they'll be made fun of in school?

BY2K said:
How can you make fun of someone named Zelda? I can't think of any mean jokes about it...
More like Celda

or Smellda

Why don't you go get kidnapped by a guy and have to get saved by an elf boy, huh? Why don't you go do that?

Sandwich all cut into triangles, just like the TRIFORCE you busted up and hid all over the kingdom.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
SeanR1221 said:
That he named his child a game character.

Zelda is alright for a name, especially since it already existed before the video game. I wouldn't say that if he named his children Ganondorf or Link though.

edit : beaten by Regulus.

SeanR1221

Fuu said:
So no one should name their daughter Zelda anymore because there's a game character with that name and there's a chance they'll be made fun of in school?

Oh geez.

Here, I'll spell it out for you. To me, it is creepy for an adult to name a child based off of a video game. It is even creepier because it's an odd name. It also led to her being made fun of, but that doesn't change my original point that, TO ME, it is creepy for an adult to name a child off of a video game.

Makes sense now, right? :) ok, good.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pazuzu9 said:
I guess the kids could have constantly said 'well excuuuuse me Princess'...

She was born the year the cartoon aired; her classmates were probably too young to come up with that.

omg that makes her older than I :(

SeanR1221 said:
Oh geez.

Here, I'll spell it out for you. To me, it is creepy for an adult to name a child based off of a video game. It is even creepier because it's an odd name. It also led to her being made fun of, but that doesn't change my original point that, TO ME, it is creepy for an adult to name a child off of a video game.

She could have also been named after Zelda Fitzgerald and Nintendo may just be aping the coincidence.

SeanR1221 said:
Oh geez.

I'm sure people are inspired to name their kids after film characters all the time. Is that creepy? And Zelda isn't even that odd...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They should have left it at the commercial, that video starts silly and grows to be creepy...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
SeanR1221 said:
Oh geez.

Nintendo didn't invent the Zelda name by the way. They made the name popular, sure, but it's not like he named his daughter Captain Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom