• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Hindl

Meh. I don't like Doug and hate Roseman but I don't see how in year 2 they are supposed to leapfrog two teams who are better on offense and defense in the Cowboys and Giants.

I'd like them to compete for the division and in a weaker division they could probably do it. But not this year in the NFC East.

MY QB :(

I'd be happy with a winning record. NFC East is going to be a bloodbath and then there's the AFC West and NFC West to face

MechDX

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Looks like first holdout of summer is here: Texans OT Duane Brown, who skipped OTAs, not expected to show up for camp opening, per source.

#Pray4Dega

Expected. He is underpaid after what mediocre, free agent left tackles got this off season.

In other news Thomas Benjamin Savage getting off the team bus in West Virginia:

cameron-poe.gif

New York Times said:
Dr. Ann McKee, a neuropathologist, has examined the brains of 202 deceased football players. A broad survey of her findings was published on Tuesday in The Journal of the American Medical Association.

Of the 202 players, 111 of them played in the N.F.L. — and 110 of those were found to have chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or C.T.E., the degenerative disease believed to be caused by repeated blows to the head.

The brains here are from players who died as young as 23 and as old as 89. And they are from every position on the field — quarterbacks, running backs and linebackers, and even a place-kicker and a punter.

If I ever have a kid, they're never playing football

Baseball, soccer, or basketball only in my house

Bread

Banned
When I have a kid, they'll play basketball. I will teach them to only shoot full court shots and I'll be the next Lavar Balls.

Striker

Meh. I don't like Doug and hate Roseman but I don't see how in year 2 they are supposed to leapfrog two teams who are better on offense and defense in the Cowboys and Giants.

I'd like them to compete for the division and in a weaker division they could probably do it. But not this year in the NFC East.
Eagles corners are trash but the DL is going to mask a lot of it. Offense should be better, the line is really good for both pass/run and they gave Carson some more weapons. That's why I said Dallas ain't winning anything, it's going to be between NY or PHI.

Hindl

Eagles corners are trash but the DL is going to mask a lot of it. Offense should be better, the line is really good for both pass/run and they gave Carson some more weapons. That's why I said Dallas ain't winning anything, it's going to be between NY or PHI.
I'd love for that to be the case but I'm wary of the Eagles. I guess it's just that I've been burned in recent offseasons with assuming every new addition will be beneficial. Will Jeffery stay healthy and unsuspended? Will Jernigan come in and actually fit in the 4-3, or will he show a lack of effort and inability to gel? Will Barnett be the polished product he should be? Will Blount work out? Will Wentz actually take the next step? And our corners may be worse than last year, our pass rush basically has to be perfect every time to neutralize it. I can see how the Eagles can win the division, I think they match up pretty well with everyone, but it just seems like if any one thing goes wrong it can derail things

So the Cowboys cut a guy who was a victim of identity theft, yet Jerry has a press conference kissing Zeke's ass after paying off the guy he assaulted

effzee

What is the latest on Ryan Mathews? I thought the Eagles were to cut him by now due to his neck injury.

No way he is on the roster week 1.

What is the latest on Ryan Mathews? I thought the Eagles were to cut him by now due to his neck injury.

No way he is on the roster week 1.
What else do they have at RB? The drafted a guy who is smaller then gata, and they got sproles who is getting up there in age. There was a ton of talk about them cutting Matthews but they haven't so maybe they are waiting to see if he can get healthy again or something.

Per Joe Person at the Charlotte Observer

Panthers personnel director Mark Koncz, promoted by Dave Gettleman two months ago, fired by Marty Hurney on Monday.

It's lit 🔥

Top Bottom