• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo DS (Dual Screen), Platinum $199.82 11/30/2004 @ Walmart.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

WordofGod

Banned
Interesting

0063766412345_500X500.jpg

$199.82

Preorder this item today and it should ship on 11/30/2004

Preorder now for November delivery...limited quantities available!
Nintendo's latest innovation, code-named Nintendo DS, provides users with a unique game-play experience using features never before offered by any other home console or hand-held game system. This portable personal entertainment and communications unit provides new perspectives on dual screens, new control using both touch and voice, and new connections with 2 kinds of wireless gameplay.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2432473

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Yeah the GameStop/EB prices also reflected that amount a while before but hearing it from Walmart is the closest we'll get to "official" confirmation this early on.

I'm kinda sad, I would have loved to see the machine priced at $170 or below. Oh well.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Seriosuly, is this new? That might indicate something. If it's been there a while, I don't see that it'd indicate anything.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
SantaCruZer said:
Would wait until it's official.
That's true but sadly no one is going to do that.

On the other hand Walmart is the largest retailer in the US (almost positive but could be wrong) and they wouldn't put out a price until they received word from Nintendo themselves that it would be the official MSRP.

Of course this is assuming that this is a brand new listing, if it's been there for a while then it still means nothing.

Mama Smurf

*kicks WordofGod in the crotch*

Tell us if it's new or if you just happened to check it out, saw there was information there and decided to post it?

One thing is certain-- Nintendo thinks the PSP will be $250-$300 or this would never be the price point.

Me, I'm waiting. I'm hoping Sony pulls a surprise the magnitude of the PSX price announcement.

OTOH, if the battery life is as bad as is rumored, it won't matter to me. :(

WordofGod said:
The PSP price will be from $279 to $299 in the US. In Japan even higher than that!

Doesnt matter with the kind of technology thats in the PSP.

Nintendo are fucking out of their minds i have been loyal all my console life to them, well not this time if the price is true :lol 200 bucks for an N64 upgrade, who are they trying to kid?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Someone answer me this: Is this WalMart update NEW, or has it been there?

I'm leaning towards the ladder, and WordofGod is just stirring things up...

DS will be $150 TOPS!!!!!

Why else would they drop the price of the GBAsp to $80.

I am going to wait until Nintendo Announces the final price and release date, and then I will either get very happy or extremely pissed.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Hmm, I thought most of you expected it to be $199.99...I've been thinking that since E3. So this isn't really a shock for me, its been on the EBgames website for awhile at that msrp. I'm still ready for the ride. The only thing I have ever been worried about is the release date, and honestly I thought it wouldn't come out this year. Color me surprised. People really didn't think it would come out for $99.99, did they? Come on now, GAF. Get it together...

Now the PSP, that should cause some sticker shock. $249.99? $299.99? God only knows...

Mama Smurf

The limited quantities thing might be because of that possible screen shortage I remember hearing about a while ago. If it's true that there won't be that many at launch, Nintendo might as well launch at that price as they're going to sell out anyway to early adopters.

Then they can just drop the price before the PSP hits, and I'll get it then.

Razoric

Banned
hmm i could get 4 ps2/xbox/gc games for that price and there is a shitload of games to buy this fall.

nintendo ds purchase -1 (if true)

I think most were expecting it to $149, especially after the GBA SP price drop. I'm sure Nintendo will announce the official price and date with the next 2 weeks or so, seriously they have to.

snapty00

Banned
I highly doubt it'll be that much. Even $150 is expensive, but $200 would be entirely unacceptable. If it were that much, I'd wait until at least the first $50 price drop.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Hmm, the 30th, the last day of November, the month the DS is rumored to hit.
Hmm, $199.99 plus the Walmart price treatment, the maximum expected price for the DS.
No, this couldn't be placeholder data.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Yup. $199 for a dual screen N64 is way too much.
Exactly...PSP will no doubt be at or around 300 or maybe Sony will shock the world and try for a 199 Price too...it will steall ALL of the DS's sales a pre-emptive strike for the ages!!!

DCX

WordofGod

Banned
Razoric said:
hmm i could get 4 ps2/xbox/gc games for that price and there is a shitload of games to buy this fall.

nintendo ds purchase -1 (if true)

Are u really a gamer, because if you are price would not be an issue. Sell some games and save up for it. There are going to be some amazing games that you cannot play anywhere else and that is why I play games. For great games….

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on

Razoric

Banned
It probably is just placeholder data... lets hope.

What's really funny is all the damage controllers who are coming in "BUT TEH PESP WILL B $500 HAHAHAHA PWNED!!11!111eleven111"

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Exactly what I expected (look up my post history on this - I've always said it'd likely be more than $149.99, and try to dampen expectations regarding that price point. There are too many expensive features in there to make it cheap.). My purchase, as always, depends on the games available at launch.

That $199 price has been up at ebgames, and wallmart since E3 when the shit was first shown. Hell even EB says that the price is just speculation and if you preorder it now, and the price is different, then you will get the credit.

How about we all calm down, have something to drink and just relax and wait for Nintendo to announce the final price and date in the next couple of weeks.

Razoric

Banned
WordofGod said:
Are u really a gamer, because if you are price would not be an issue. Sell some games and save up for it. There are going to be some amazing games that you cannot play anywhere else and that is why I play games. For great games….

LOL WTF

Go ahead and spend $200 bucks on a damn portable that will have minimal games for the next few months. I'll enjoy the Fall hits on the console systems.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
DarienA said:
It's the exact same price and picture that is at ebgames.com (just took a quick glance) even the listing of information on the system is the exact same style layout and verbage...

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/241868.asp

What if the game prices are correct as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they were right on or really close. The DS and PSP are much bigger leaps in handhelds than we have seen before. I'm expecting maybe a $39.99 msrp for games on the DS and PSP.

*waits for Walmart to list some launch games*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom