• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch - Indie Highlights - 23.01.2019

StormCell

Quite a few games caught my eye.

When Ski Lifts Go Wrong is giving me a bit of a World of Goo feel. For the right price, that can be a fun pick up and play.
Inmost looks interesting. None of the current "Metroidvania" style games has scratched my itch for a "Castlevania" but this one has potential.
I'm most interested in CrossCode as that has a nice aesthetic and looks like it could be good. I don't feel like we've gotten a truly deep RPG experience from the Indie scene. I like the 16-bit look.
SteamWorld Quest does look really interesting.

Excited for Wargroove. I can hardly believe it's actually releasing in about a week after going so long without a concrete release.

I'd like to see Shakedown Hawaii with a release date. I'm anticipating that one.

DadEggs

seems like they started and ended the video with their best content. nothing else really did it for me...maybe crosscode, but eh. those character portraits arent my taste.

Fbh

Wargroove and Steamworld Quest look good.

I've also heard good things of Cross Code on PC and was kinda hoping it would get a Switch release. Has anyone around here played it?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Double Kick Heroes is right up my alley. I love rhythm games and it's nice to play one that doesn't star JRPG characters and/or virtual pop-idols.

Unruly Heroes looks like a good follow-up to Rayman: Legends. We'll see. Cool that it's out right now on Switch.

Mecha Meow

^ I still want some Hatsune Miku games on Switch damn it!

Double Kick Heroes looks amazing!

Cross Code is great as well!

Will hold out for physicals if possible.

StormCell

Played the CrossCode demo, and I just feel like this game is awfully charming and seems really well made. I haven't looked at any reviews, but I feel like this is going to be a fun one. Someone complained about the character portraits, but I don't find anything wrong with them.

silentstorm

Played the CrossCode demo, and I just feel like this game is awfully charming and seems really well made. I haven't looked at any reviews, but I feel like this is going to be a fun one. Someone complained about the character portraits, but I don't find anything wrong with them.
It is a fun game, just don't expect a full blown action RPG game, it is that, but it's also a puzzle game, dungeons will revolve a lot around puzzles, hell, even to fully explore places you will need to solve puzzles.

It's a mix that works though, just saying that you should prepare to solve puzzles, and dungeons are really mostly about that, you can't even have partners during dungeons and through chat with other characters, they will mention the puzzles as well, the dungeons are like one big set of puzzles with some fights and treasure in the middle and a big boss fight at the end.
Pretty lackluster list imo. Nothing really stood out to me.
I mean, Wargroove looks amazing, the Steamworld series has been pretty great so far, Double Kick Heroes looks fun and Crosscode is a great RPG on PC so i don't see why it would stop being one on the Switch?

Still, too bad i already played Crosscode on my laptop so it's not exactly a must-buy for me.

overlordror

Neo Member
Really looking forward to playing SteamWorld Quest when it comes out in April. I'm interested in most of the games shown in the Indie Highlights real. In fact, I'd say this was the best Indie Showcase in a long time.

Top Bottom