• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Tournaments @E3 2019 - Discussion thread

Andyliini

Live watch:

There will be three tournaments this year. First is Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational with 4 YouTube personalities competing with each other is stages created by members of Nintendo Treehouse. After that there will be World Championships for Splatoon 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Nothing has been promised, but there could always be a surprise announcement somewhere in there. Have fun!

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
YouTubers in the mario maker runs. Some pretty sad runs in this first round. Like how the fuck did they not learn from their mistakes?

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
That was a cool puzzle level. Watching girard not hit the p switch was maddening though

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The on off switch is going to be a massive game changer for this game. Pretty much let’s fun co op happen. Without it, it would be just boring grab throwing and jump boosting

However., I do not want to even try to play coop levels without voice chat. Will be infuriating

Andyliini

It seems like these stages will be present in the full version of Super Mario Maker 2. No further announcements were made. Now, to Splatoon 2.

did I miss the Mario Maker segment? I rather watch that than splatoon

edit: I can just click back on youtube to mario

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

The Mario Maker co-op stuff was insane. Ross is gonna have a lot of fun messin' with Arin and Dan...

Last edited:

Andyliini

Splatoon 2 tournament has now concluded. The final splatfest will be held in July, and after that an update will ad splatfest stages as playable for all time.

Next up, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championships.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The low items without assists and poke balls will be interesting.

My favorite way to play the game TBH but I know 99% of the player base jerks themselves off to shit no item FD stages with garbage edge guard characters so it will probably be hated.

Last edited:

Andyliini

Smas-tournament is over, and Japan's team emerged victorious. In the end, Sakurai promised a new DLC fighter will be announced in Direct next week.

That's pretty much it. I'm going to sleep. Whew.

zenspider

...an update will ad splatfest stages as playable for all time.

Yooool.... that's like what 26 stages!? They're all insanely creative and add an important strategic element to turf war that you can win territory early on.

Personal E3 megaton.

The low items without assists and poke balls will be interesting.

My favorite way to play the game TBH but I know 99% of the player base jerks themselves off to shit no item FD stages with garbage edge guard characters so it will probably be hated.

I thought I would have to jerk off to an non-item edgeguard FD tonight for sure, but it was very entertaining and added some drama.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone got a link to the mario maker 2 part of the stream. All I can find is the splatoon and smash parts. There are some reaction videos but they keep talking over the live commentary.

Shaqazooloo

I couldn't find one either. Nintendo only uploaded the Finals for Mario Maker and left it out completely from the full recap for some reason.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: looks like the video is playing correctly now.

Turns out Youtube has issues with long videos. Nintendo has uploaded the entire stream, but for some reason the first two hours are missing. This is a problem on Youtube's end so all we can do is wait ufortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andyliini

Turns out Youtube has issues with long videos. Nintendo has uploaded the entire stream, but for some reason the first two hours are missing. This is a problem on Youtube's end so all we can do is wait ufortunately.

Yeah, it's always like this with YouTube. If the stream is over 4 hourse long, only the last 4 hours will be available right away, the rest will arrive later. I thought Sakurai was actually going to reveal a character last night, but he only teased one, that bastard.

Top Bottom