• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2016 [Sony, MS, & Nintendo refuse to comment on hardware]

The remake was the main Xbox bundle for that summer, it also wasn't a full priced retail game being only $40.

The last $60 gears game, Judgement only sold a quarter of 3 did US, and last reported figres were "above 1million".

I think people knew that that game wasn't a real Gears sequel. I would expect that Gears is primed for a good holiday season.

The remake was the main Xbox bundle for that summer, it also wasn't a full priced retail game being only $40.

The last $60 gears game, Judgement only sold a quarter of 3 did US, and last reported figres were "above 1million".

Which I doubt fear fans new about. Considering gears remake sales alone and bundle the thirst is real, and we ain't using straws like Halo, Gears is a mans game put my filled drink in a dame cup mutha.

That's either a firesale in itself , or a firesale to get rid of stock before announcing new hardware at E3, they cant go lower than this . Great for consumers desperation for Microsoft.

If they are clearing for room that's not desperation that's strategy.

Also I think people are looking to much into this, it's only Amazon.

Xbox Slim will come with all 5 Gears releases free, just watch.

Can only dream. Maybe throw In steam integration so I can download Bubsy two fur.

RexNovis

Banned
Which I doubt fear fans new about. Considering gears remake sales alone and bundle the thirst is real, and we ain't using straws like Halo, Gears is a mans game put my filled drink in a dame cup mutha.

Uhhhhh did I have some sort of stroke or do neither of these sentences make any sense whatsoever?

That's either a firesale in itself , or a firesale to get rid of stock before announcing new hardware at E3, they cant go lower than this . Great for consumers desperation for Microsoft.

tumblr_mnhesyFrVO1qfrkf9o3_250.gif

RexNovis

Banned
Remember when flooding the market in q1 2014 was part of microsoft's retail strategy

Stuffing the channels has been their strategy every single holiday since as well. Especially with the ridiculous number of bundles available to this very day.

If they are indeed launching a new HW revision burning through all that back stock is going to be quite the uphill battle and if retailers end up going for broke with the discounts it might damage the consumer price point appeal of whatever HW revision they end up releasing. Theres also the possibility that failing to sell through back stock would mean retailers would cut back severely on whatever orders they would have made for the revision. Quite the tricky situation for MS.

Or am I misreading something here?

Anybody saw the new XB1 deal @ Amazon.

+ Xbox One 1TB Console
+ Xbox One Wireless Controller
+ $50 Amazon Gift Card (Physical Card)
+ Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
+ Rare Replay
+ Ori and the Blind Forest (Digital)
+ Halo 5 Limited Edition
+ Forza Horizons 2 (emailed after purchase)

$369 ($319 if you counts the $50 gift card)

PS. Halo 5 Limited Edition is limited until end of Xbox One cycle lol.

Holy shit that's tempting... but I have to hold off till the MS conference to see what they've got coming.

Welfare

Really, if Microsoft still have a large amount of stock left by the time they release the slim, they always have that landfill...

but really, they could insta price drop the current bundles by $100, and since they wouldn't be restocking those, they would immediately get replaced by the slim.

I think the slim will be $299, but I think for it to have this "Oh shit, this looks attractive" look to consumers even more so, they should bundle Halo 5. I'd bet that MS will have a segment this E3 for Halo 5's continued post launch support, and with all the new additions they'll probably show, an announcement that it'll be bundled would be icing on the cake. Almost every new Xbox One owner would be guaranteed to have Halo 5, and they can make money off of the REQ system. More Halo owners can then help secure even more potential Gears of War buyers this holiday, and would be Microsoft's answer to Sony now having Black Ops 3 bundled with the PS4.

Welfare

Time to bold prediction.

MS will announce Halo 6 at E3... it will release late 2017.

Mainline Halo's will never not have at least 3 years of dev time. Especially with Halo 5 going into the whole "games as a service" model, they won't release another game so soon.

mejin

$299 is not a big deal for XB1 anymore even with the possible slim model bundled with halo 5 or any game. Demand only appears on huge promos and is still not enough.

+ Xbox One 1TB Console
+ Rare Replay
+ Halo 5 Limited Edition

lol...Man what? I would buy another PS4 just because if I saw a Sony equivalent deal....

Sheesh...what is that? 5 games plus a controller and 500GB more storage for the price for almost $350??? My goodness, MS is too rich for the streets...if PS4/X1 didn’t have so much overlap I would actually get one..

+ Xbox One 1TB Console
+ Rare Replay
+ Halo 5 Limited Edition

Trying to counter UC4 PS4 sales? Desperate times indeed.

Numbered Halo games have 3 year cycles.

Not like they're resting on their laurels anyway. There's been a Halo game every year.

I suspect they'll either do Halo 3 Anniversary next year ...

Or introduce a new TPS/RPG spinoff of Halo.

watdaeff4

lol...Man what? I would buy another PS4 just because if I saw a Sony equivalent deal....

Sheesh...what is that? 5 games plus a controller and 500GB more storage for the price for almost $350??? My goodness, MS is too rich for the streets...if PS4/X1 didn’t have so much overlap I would actually get one..

Go ahead and bite. There are a total of 37 games in that bundle

EDIT: the more I think about it it, the more I realzie that bundle is incredible.

So I agree with the posts above either UC4 made them do this and/or a combination of clearing out stock for the next model.

Then throw in the poor sales they have been having this Calander year

Halo 3 Anniversary should be an easy sell with how botched MCC was. I thought MCC would pretty much make it somewhat redundant but guess not.

jelly

Don't think they'll bother with Halo 3 Anniversary unless they feel like mega patching MCC which should still happen without H3A. They won't go back now. New adventures should be the focus.

Go ahead and bite. There are a total of 37 games in that bundle

EDIT: the more I think about it it, the more I realzie that bundle is incredible.

So I agree with the posts above either UC4 made them do this and/or a combination of clearing out stock for the next model.

Then throw in the poor sales they have been having this Calander year
I would but I need another ps4 b4 I consider an Xbox. Too much overlap in games. If that was a WiiU bundle, I'd be all over it, but Nintnedo and their Apple like pricing gets in the way of anything like that

Really, if Microsoft still have a large amount of stock left by the time they release the slim, they always have that landfill...

but really, they could insta price drop the current bundles by $100, and since they wouldn't be restocking those, they would immediately get replaced by the slim.

I think the slim will be $299, but I think for it to have this "Oh shit, this looks attractive" look to consumers even more so, they should bundle Halo 5. I'd bet that MS will have a segment this E3 for Halo 5's continued post launch support, and with all the new additions they'll probably show, an announcement that it'll be bundled would be icing on the cake. Almost every new Xbox One owner would be guaranteed to have Halo 5, and they can make money off of the REQ system. More Halo owners can then help secure even more potential Gears of War buyers this holiday, and would be Microsoft's answer to Sony now having Black Ops 3 bundled with the PS4.

Doubtful, they haven't been shipping heavily over the main part of the year. The only thing that they really put out was a bit more for the QB bundle.

It's likely they already have some room now and will maybe drop the price to just finish it off.

Also I don't thinkt hat's a good idea making a $100 discount for the bundles which most of which are more expensive than the main two bundles. That's way to big of a drop.

Also I thought it was determined last Gen Halo and Gears fans, well a good amount of them, don't overlap.

Don't think they'll bother with Halo 3 Anniversary unless they feel like mega patching MCC which should still happen without H3A. They won't go back now. New adventures should be the focus.

Likely Halo 3 A would be a stand alone titles, with improve graphics, cut content, some changes to some areas like moving grass etc.

I mean Halo 3 just with some graphical changes upscaled with HD graphics isn't the treatment that game deserves, despite me not being a Halo guy.

Question for the retail experts:
How much in advance would amazon get informed if an unannounced product arrives?
If we really think that there's a correlation between these drastical promos and new revised hardware it should logically be that
- Amazon is briefed
- The new hardware is coming really soon (right after E3 eg)
Otherwise this would not make sense

Alternatively it could just be an ordinary promo or amazon cleaning stock of an overshipped product that blocks shelf space that could also be used for banana slicers.

How much in advance would amazon get informed if an unannounced product arrives?
If we really think that there's a correlation between these drastical promos and new revised hardware it should logically be that
- Amazon is briefed

Alternatively it could just be an ordinary promo or amazon cleaning stock of an overshipped product that blocks shelf space that could also be used for banana slicers.

Retailers are briefed pretty early regarding new, incoming products*, for the very reason that manufacturers don't want to screw retailers over by shipping them product they can't sell when a better product is announced. If an E3 announcement of such product is around the corner, it stands to reason that Amazon would be alerted in advance that they might want to get rid of their current surplus. Considering they're including a "limited edition" of a 7 month old game, I'm guessing Amazon has more X1 product than they know what to do with. Getting rid of it now is in their benefit. Remember that there are still nearly ten separate X1 bundles still in stock at Amazon. That product is going to be dead weight very soon.

*I am not a retail expert, but I work in marketing.

RexNovis

Banned
- Amazon is briefed

Retailers are usually second only to Devs when it comes to learning about new HW. A few of our retail insiders have said as much in the past so its certainly feasible that they would know since Kotaku has stated there was already a secret Developer briefing for the new HW.

Told you eating all those Big Macs would get you in the end. :)

Wait... Big Macs? What? I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Am I being trolled?

Top Bottom