• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For June 2016 (new format, read OP)

LordRaptor

I suspect console wars are just going to be worse, as people move from evidence based arguments to interpretations of PR and blind faith that their product of choice is doing great

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I suspect console wars are just going to be worse, as people move from evidence based arguments to interpretations of PR and blind faith that their product of choice is doing great

Like it was 10+ years ago, or the infancy of the internet, only amplified by PR spin and MAUseless data for us.

Joy!!!

10 years ago we got nearly full numbers every month. Probably more like 20 years ago (which fits the infancy of the internet timeframe when n64.com wasn't owned by Nintendo and zelda.com went places).

You are probably right (though I never remembered 'official' numbers so easily back then)... time flies. I did have a '+' there, lol, and said 'or the infancy' meaning much further back. Do not remind me how fast time is moving... thanks. lol

donny2112

Like it was 10+ years ago, or the infancy of the internet, only amplified by PR spin and MAUseless data for us.

Joy!!!

10 years ago we got nearly full numbers every month. Probably more like 20 years ago (which fits the infancy of the internet timeframe when n64.com wasn't owned by Nintendo and zelda.com went places).

Eh, a lot of that evidence was misinterpreted anyways.

War never changes, and all that.

Kill3r7

From PAL chart:

16 (40) 3DS POKEMON OMEGA RUBY (NINTENDO)
19 (32) 3DS POKEMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE (NINTENDO)
22 (__) 3DS POKEMON Y (NINTENDO)
35 (__) 3DS POKEMON X (NINTENDO)
39 (__) 3DS POKEMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON (NINTENDO)

Eh, Those crazy people who though Pokémon GO was gonna influense positive the 3DS games and hardware sales... :p

To be fair, those are weekly numbers from the middle of July which has to be one of the slowest months of the year. If I am not mistaken, we are literally talking about a bump of at most a few thousand units or maybe as little as a few hundred units being sold last week. Nice bump but in the grand scheme of things statistically insignificant.

timberger

That's a shame, this'll definitely have an impact on the meltdowns and crazy damage control that always made NPD threads on Neogaf so much fun to read.

Uncharted 4 at 15 seems low. Bad word of mouth?

Haha... from where, exactly? That's one of the most acclaimed games this gen.

RexNovis

Banned
I feel like the past few months with the steady decline in sales discussion has culminated in this thread with NPD becoming even less relevant than it was before despite now offering digital info (seriously how does that happen). I mean what is there even to discuss anymore at this point? As someone whose main draw to GAF is sales age and the discussion it has been host to in the past, this is a somber sight to behold.

Humdinger

Yeah, it's going to be a lot less interesting. I agree, the discussions could be pretty entertaining.

So we won't be able to get good sales data, even via our trusty leakers?

Square2015

No HW numbers!? What happened to:

Gahiggidy
Dalthien
Bunkum
Amorox
Sonycowboy
Aquamarine
Creamsugar
ZhugeEX
NPD_Mulcair

Our leakers!

Square2015

Two of those were the same person. A few more got banned for things outside of leaking NPD data.
I don't understand, their bans should be over by now. Why would the leakers be permabanned? The mods are not in league with the NPD ninjas.

Geez I was looking forward to Star Ocean 5's debut sales...

I don't understand, their bans should be over by now. Why would the leakers be permabanned? The mods are not in league with the NPD ninjas.

Geez I was looking forward to Star Ocean 5's debut sales...

AFAIK, most of the ones that have been permabanned were for reasons outside of NPD. Even Aqua wasn't technically banned at the mods discretion for leaking the data so much as (from what she said when it happened) she was forced to ask for a permaban by her job.

Top Bottom