• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2015 [Up1: Nintendo numbers, PS4 placing]

Apr 21 to Apr 27.

So wouldn't that mean that it would have updated today then for 28th to 30th? Or is that tomorrow?

Only secret code I know is the Konami code.

If Amazon doesn't have the next week available to look at, it usually means that the current week is not updated yet.

Oh I just though it updates every wednesday since that's the day everyweek the charts show what happened that week.

RexNovis

Banned
When did I post walmart or target online charts? In fact, i have constantly in this thread said let's look at MONTHLY Amazon charts for POSITIONS on the chart, I never once tried to analyze numbers directly. I haven't pushed any dialogue, i even said XBox most likely lost due to the current amazon ranking 3 TIMES.
Even Ehtomaz, who you're not accusing of pushing a dialogue, below your post here, is saying Amazon monthly is not done updating, I thought it was, so he's opening the subject back up again, is he pushing for Xbox success to?

Oh you're right you didn't post target and best buy charts that was another guy

Bestbuy and Target. That gamestop link shows PS4 back ahead by the way.

but you did post GameStop charts and Amazon hourly

Gamestop is pretty straight forward.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0,1343

Looks like Xbox one is ahead there, but I don't know it would be very strange if just randomly for this month the Xbox one pulls ahead after an 100k win last NPD if I looked at the thread correctly.

Then again it is a FULL month of the Halo MCC bundle....

I don't know what to believe, let's roll some dice.

Damn 4.

:0

Also to answer your previous post the TLOU bundle doesn't seems to be moving. it has increased and jumped into the top 50 but has been stuck around that area for awhile.

Edit: TLOU bundle is now trailing right behind the ACU bundle and heading into the top 20.

Well we can always use the hole Amazon relative ranking thing to see who will win at least even if we can't predict sales, although I'm not sure if that will be skwed or not.

TLOU bundle seems to be having issues climbing though, I wonder if there's a reason for why it's low or if it's just not moving any needles. Then we have the question as to why despite now being on the features list the Halo MCC is falling LOWER but the ACU bundle is in the top 15.

My head hurts is basically the summary of this thread.

Edit: On Gamestop after a week, PS4 is back in front.

Edit: Excuse me ACU top 12 now on Amazon, where are they getting the stock to sustain the ACU bundle?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Which is just as useless. But you're right. I updated my post for accuracy's sake.

Oh let's not forget to mention you tried to argue against the reliability of a confirmed regular insider.

I don't think using a small BB anecdotal evidence for a bundle that released late in march is a good idea. In my experience some best buys have PS4's on the floor with few box One's, and the Xbox One's being on the floor in others.

The main reason why I am wondering about this is because Xbox One looking at my link, is number one online at Gamestop, and this would be if not mistaken, the first time this has happened since launch if memory serves.

And then you have to wonder how ACU bundle is somehow back in the top 15, but everywhere else the ACU is pretty much gone. I will grant the Halo MCC is still above the reg PS4.

And you also got into an argument with Zhuge about Wii sales figures wherein you espoused numbers that were completely wrong.

You are right Im not accusing other posters of purposeful obfuscation because unlike you they are not among the top posters in the thread

E2oi00o.jpg

Despite it being your first NPD thread and you contributing zero information while simultaneously sidetracking discussion with faulty assumptions, factually incorrect information, and unreliable sources. And this is your FIRST NPD thread! Red flags abound!

Chobel

Apr 28 to May 3.

Do you have a source for that? The weekly charts show up days later after the tracking period ends, plus it get updated many times before the next weekly chart shows up. If it was for the week before it shouldn't be updated, since the results are final by then.

ethomaz

Banned
So wouldn't that mean that it would have updated today then for 28th to 30th? Or is that tomorrow?

Do you have a source for that? The weekly charts show up days later after the tracking period ends, plus it get updated many times before the next weekly chart shows up. If it was for the week before it shouldn't be updated, since the results are final by then.

There is not a day to update the Weekly and Monthly chartz... sometimes they took over 2 weeks after the end of the week to update them.

Said that... just wait the Week end May 3 to up to see the Monthly ranking will change... that happened every month... the results are not final... I follow the Amazon chartz since November 2013 (to be fair I was one of the guys that started the thing saying Amazon was 100% reliable to prediction NPD positions in January 2014 here).

There is not a day to update the Weekly and Monthly chartz... sometimes they took over 2 weeks after the end of the week to update them.

Said that... just wait the Week end May 3 to up to see the Monthly ranking will change... that happened every month... the results are not final... I follow the Amazon chartz since November 2013 (to be fair I was one of the guys that started the thing saying Amazon was 100% reliable to prediction NPD positions).

Wasn't may 3rd yesterday?

Ok now with that out the way, let's predict software, how are people think Bloodborne will hold up? I think it may chart again, I believe it had a strong showing at the start of the month, and nothing has really come out in April outside MK10.

I expect Advanced Warfare to be #1 or #2 because of the Black Ops III announcement.

Agreed. While Amazon had stock issues, other retailers most likely had the PS4 ahead of the XB1 in sales like all other months aside from holiday 2014.

Exactly. Amazon only encompasses a tiny fraction of US sales. For it to be a reliable predictor of the NPD winner, buying habits on Amazon need to be similar to those in other retailers. However, based on my personal observations and Abdiel's assessment, this was clearly not the case. The PS4 mysteriously was out of stock for quite a while on Amazon, but continued to sell better than the XBO in other retailers (which are much bigger than Amazon).

ethomaz

Banned
Wasn't may 3rd yesterday?
Yes... the Amazon week ends every Monday... now we need to wait the update that can took from Wednesday to two weeks from now (the longest time I tracked for a week be updated).

Edit - Amazon US updates are really a mess... Amazon UK is a bit more scheduled.

I predict MKX does over 1.5 million units. Maybe even 1.75

They said biggest launch right? If so I can see 1.5 but I doun't think MK will be doing mroe than that, and even then, 1.5 is kind of generous, MK sales usually aren't too front loaded and have legs.

I think Advanced Warfare will be ahead of MK though, mostly because of the Black Ops III announcement.

I think this will be the first NPD so far this gen not to have sports games on it.

They said biggest launch right? If so I can see 1.5 but I doun't think MK will be doing mroe than that, and even then, 1.5 is kind of generous, MK sales usually aren't too front loaded and have legs.

I think Advanced Warfare will be ahead of MK though, mostly because of the Black Ops III announcement.

I think this will be the first NPD so far this gen not to have sports games on it.

AW will be nowhere close to MKX.

MKX will do at least 1.5 million. Battlefield did over 1 million and MKX was significantly larger than that.

In my opinion of course.

RexNovis

Banned
Yeah?

Nothing wrong with discussing chart positions from all retailers and guessing NPD results. But using them to predict X amount of sales is futile.

EDIT-

I'm confused by your choice of that quote.

I quoted you because I got you confused with Malitik and thought it was he that had posted about target and best buy when it was actually you.

The problem with online charts from these other retail sources is that they are grossly unreliable and can't really be used to judge anything. It's the same reason that Amazon hourlies and software rankings can't be used to accurately judge market trends. As such it doesn't really hold water in a sales discussion thread.

Of course you're free to guess sales and speculate but that's different from posting a consistent dialogue that portrays a market result which ignores the facts present in the thread. A guess is a guess whereas the latter is suspiciously aimed at creating a false narrative that undermines the facts. The former (what you have done in thread) is fine. The latter is not.

Of course you also didn't know the reliability of the sources you cited which is fine. So long as you don't continue to post in an effort to inflate their value to the discussion at large as the other poster did you did nothing wrong. Just know going forward that these retailer charts are not reliable indicators of anything for the general market.

A lot bigger. Call it a gut feeling thats all.

Maybe I'm wrong. But if its under 1.5 it will be barely. Either way 1.5 is my prediction and I have a feeling it will either be slightly under or slightly over that.

We haven't gotten any announcements by Midway for MKX launch sales have we?

I doubt.... 1 million... maybe 1.2m.

Yeah 1.75 is probably too high but 1.5 sounds about right to me. Like I said maybe a little lower, I could see 1.4 or so happening.

Your prediction puts it at the same size as Hardline. Do you believe that MKX didn't outperform that title?

We haven't gotten any announcements by Midway for MKX launch sales have we?

They said biggest MK launch in history. MK9 did 1 million in its first NPD

Welfare

Yeah 1.75 is probably too high but 1.5 sounds about right to me. Like I said maybe a little lower, I could see 1.4 or so happening.

Your prediction puts it at the same size as Hardline. Do you believe that MKX didn't outperform that title?

MKX was only on current gen. I think it does about the same as Hardline.

If the last gen versions launched in April I could see 1.5m happening, but those were delayed to June.

On Demand

Banned
I quoted you because I got you confused with Malitik and thought it was he that had posted about target and best buy when it was actually you.

The problem with online charts from these other retail sources is that they are grossly unreliable and can't really be used to judge anything. It's the same reason that Amazon hourlies and software rankings can't be used to accurately judge market trends. As such it doesn't really hold water in a sales discussion thread.

Of course you're free to guess sales and speculate but that's different from posting a consistent dialogue that portrays a market result which ignores the facts present in the thread. A guess is a guess whereas the latter is suspiciously aimed at creating a false narrative that undermines the facts. The former (what you have done in thread) is fine. The latter is not.

Of course you also didn't know the reliability of the sources you cited which is fine. So long as you don't continue to post in an effort to inflate their value to the discussion at large as the other poster did you did nothing wrong. Just know going forward that these retailer charts are not reliable indicators of anything for the general market.

You definitely have me mixed up with someone else again. I don't always post sales charts from retailers in these threads like other posters do. That one post you found was me responding to another poster. I don't think i ever started a post detailing chart positions from said retailers and using that to guess "X month will be interesting." If the discussion comes up i have no problems joining in. I don't know where you got this "consistent dialogue" from. It seems just because you disagree with it you searched for any one post and used it to make your point. How you singled me out when clearly many other posters go in detail with that shit in every NPD thread boggles my mind.

With that said. I agree with you about online sales charts in general. They're not 100% reliable. It's fun to see the sales trends they have but i would never use them to predict something is going to sell 400K next NPD.

RexNovis

Banned
You definitely have me mixed up with someone else again. I don't always post sales charts from retailers in these threads like other posters do. That one post you found was me responding to another poster. I don't think i ever started a post detailing chart positions from said retailers and using that to guess "X month will be interesting." If the discussion comes up i have no problems joining in. I don't know where you got this "consistent dialogue" from. It seems just because you disagree with it you searched for any one post and used it to make your point. How you singled me out when clearly many other posters go in detail with that shit in every NPD thread boggles my mind.

With that said. I agree with you about online sales charts in general. They're not 100% reliable. It's fun to see the sales trends they have but i would never use them to predict something is going to sell 400K next NPD.

I think you're misreading my initial post. The intention was never to call you out. The intention was to call out the junior who has managed to post a whopping 82 times in just 4 pages while creating a consistent dialogue and contributing nothing but confusion and obfuscation to thread. Your post was just quoted as evidence that I hadn't imagined the citing of target and best buy lists in thread. To reiterate, I was singling out Malitik Sabu for his constant vacuous agenda driven posting in his very first NPD thread not you.

Abdiel

I'll reiterate since we don't have a new prediction thread yet:

Through this entire month, in the districts I've checked (always a wide range to try and compensate for varying customer bases) the ps4 consistently outsold the xb1 quite handily. This is just best buy, but we didn't see the same kind of stock issues that seemed to plague Amazon.

I was kind of surprised, the promotion we had with the email coupon for an extra $50 off any xb1 really didn't get a lot of traction in our local stores.

MKX sold very well indeed though.
And for people speculating about Splatoon from the other thread... Preorders aren't the whole story for a game's success or failure, but they're not looking great at this point.

Kill3r7

Through this entire month, in the districts I've checked (always a wide range to try and compensate for varying customer bases) the ps4 consistently outsold the xb1 quite handily. This is just best buy, but we didn't see the same kind of stock issues that seemed to plague Amazon.

I was kind of surprised, the promotion we had with the email coupon for an extra $50 off any xb1 really didn't get a lot of traction in our local stores.

And for people speculating about Splatoon from the other thread... Preorders aren't the whole story for a game's success or failure, but they're not looking great at this point.

Thx for the update.

There were no major releases in April outside of MKX so I can't see X1 outselling PS4. I suspect both consoles will be down YOY.

ZhugeEX

Banned

Thanks for this. In line with my general expectations.

On Demand

Banned
I think you're misreading my initial post. The intention was never to call you out. The intention was to call out the junior who has managed to post a whopping 82 times in just 4 pages while creating a consistent dialogue and contributing nothing but confusion and obfuscation to thread. Your post was just quoted as evidence that I hadn't imagined the citing of target and best buy lists in thread. To reiterate, I was singling out Malitik Sabu for his constant vacuous agenda driven posting in his very first NPD thread not you.

I apologize then. Your OP wasn't exactly clear about that.

cakely

Thank you for the always useful insight. Does Bloodborne still have legs?

The intention was to call out the junior who has managed to post a whopping 82 times in just 4 pages while creating a consistent dialogue and contributing nothing but confusion and obfuscation to thread. Your post was just quoted as evidence that I hadn't imagined the citing of target and best buy lists in thread. To reiterate, I was singling out Malitik Sabu for his constant vacuous agenda driven posting in his very first NPD thread not you.
It cures the pain of hindle gone.
He was also quite active in other threads today.

You need to stop with the whole sweeping statements thing. You've made a number of posts which infer things out of nothing.

I'm taking Netherealms best launch statement combined with Abdiels sales info and making an assumption that this has the potential to be the best selling MK yet.

RexNovis

Banned
It cures the pain of hindle gone.
He was also quite active in other threads today.

At least Hindle was pathetically adorable in his own delusional way. Hindle acknowledged and embraced his blatant bias. He didn't attempt to hide behind the mantle of innocent ignorance. The onslaught of meaningless drivel that has come from a single poster in this thread has been nothing shy of maddening.

This could potentially be the best selling MK game yet.

I highly recommend that you chill out. Because you're only making yourself look terrible.

At least Hindle was pathetically adorable in his own delusional way. Hindle acknowledged and embraced his blatant bias. He didn't attempt to hide behind the mantle of innocent ignorance. The onslaught of meaningless drivel that has come from a single poster in this thread has been nothing shy of maddening.

I keep wondering if Malitik is Artisan's alt account.

pixelation

Thanks Abdiel, you always rockin'

Since you're here, I may as well ask you directly. Has there been any indication of post-holiday shipments of the AC bundle? I remember someone at RetailGAF saying that SKU was unavailable for re-order. Did that ever change?

Also, I think it was you who mentioned having thousands of AC bundles in the DCs on top of the stores already being stuffed with stock. So, four months on, how much of that leftover stock have you actually moved? (Ignoring the addition of the MCC bundle, if possible. Actually, how do the MCC stocks compare to the AC stocks?)

Best response would be bish smacking Malitik down with a perm. Then I can finally use my Kill La Kill image of Ragyo with the word "Fabulous!"

/currently-bored-at-work

Maybe Malitik Sabu is so active to get enough posts to become a member just in time for E3. Might come in handy.
He should just take care not to get banned on the way. Would be a pity to miss the party.

Maybe Malitik Sabu is so active to get enough posts to become a member just in time for E3. Might come in handy.
He should just take care not to get banned on the way. Would be a pity to miss the party.

He joined in September 2014 and seems to only have been active in the past week or so. Most of his posts have been terribly ill-informed at best and maliciously ignorant at worst.

I am of the opinion that he is Artisan's alt just from the line of questions to the dogmatic reliance on inaccurate/terrible data.

*shrugs*

Wynnebeck

Banned
He joined in September 2014 and seems to only have been active in the past week or so. Most of his posts have been terribly ill-informed at best and maliciously ignorant at worst.

I am of the opinion that he is Artisan's alt just from the line of questions to the dogmatic reliance on inaccurate/terrible data.

*shrugs*

Detective GAF go!

*shrugs*

Never. Artisan is an enigma. He drove people nuts with a mixture of ignorance, apologies and sudden moments of clear vision. Never sure if he just played innocent or is really clueless on some stuff. plus the avatar pic is too well-fitting that he even got attacked about that as proof to be a mega-troll. but it seems he learns and I have not seen a gaffer that became so well-known (and feared) in such a short time.
My theory is Artisan in a new kind of artificial intelligence that lears with every posting. soon he will start making gifs...

Malitik Sabu is nothing like that.

Top Bottom