• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2016

Out of curiosity:
What will be XB1's next retail console exclusive? Anything until Gears?
Cuphead has no box as far as I can see.
I was wondering about this as well.

I think Crackdown is something like MP only this summer.
Recore is late 2016.
Halo Wars 2 is late 2016.
Forza Horizon 3 will probably be September.

That is all I can think of.

edit - Forgot Sea of Theives! Thanks Welfare!

Welfare

Out of curiosity:
What will be XB1's next retail console exclusive? Anything until Gears?
Cuphead has no box as far as I can see.

Forza, Sea of Thieves, and Recore will probably debut before October. They could also announce another small game like how they did Rare Replay at E3.

Maybe they could put KI Supreme Edition on disc and release it in a slow month like July or August. Would also be quick E3 filler.

Forza, Sea of Thieves, and Recore will probably debut before October. They could also announce another small game like how they did Rare Replay at E3.

Maybe they could put KI Supreme Edition on disc and release it in a slow month like July or August. Would also be quick E3 filler.
Sounds reasonable. Thanks. Let's see when Thieves and Recore will be done.
Maybe they even buy something like Tomb Raider to spice up their lineup.

EGM1966

After the frankly lacklustre performance of Rise and sea of negativity the deal brought to the franchise I'd be amazed if any currently third party of franchise of note would be up for something similar.

Aters

If they just buy some studios, I'm fine with it. But please don't pay devs for exclusivity, it's good for no one.

maxcriden

Do we have a sense of how QB did in April?

Debut, as in release? No offense at all, but that seems unlikely for Recore, hasn't there not even been a gameplay trailer yet? And, didn't Sea of Thieves sound to be further off? Maybe I just had an incorrect impression with that one, though.

Welfare

Debut, as in release? No offense at all, but that seems unlikely for Recore, hasn't there not even been a gameplay trailer yet? And, didn't Sea of Thieves sound to be further off? Maybe I just had an incorrect impression with that one, though.

Recore will probably get a gameplay reveal at E3 and a either a late summer or early fall release date. It won't be lost in the sea of holiday titles.

Sea of Thieves is also 2016. I see that being a September release.

So something like

August - Recore
September - Forza/Sea of Thieves
October - Gears 4
November - Halo Wars 2

maxcriden

Recore will probably get a gameplay reveal at E3 and a either a late summer or early fall release date. It won't be lost in the sea of holiday titles.

So something like

August - Recore
October - Gears 4
November - Halo Wars 2

Thanks for the info. It's primarily an IntiCreates game, though, no? Aren't those often delayed? I just have a really hard time picturing Microsoft revealing first gameplay footage in June and the full game a couple months after. Have they ever done that for XB1 or even prior systems?

Thanks for the info. It's primarily an IntiCreates game, though, no? Aren't those often delayed? I just have a really hard time picturing Microsoft revealing first gameplay footage in June and the full game a couple months after. Have they ever done that for XB1 or even prior systems?
Rare replay was short between announcement and release.

kenta

Has no PEINS

So something like

August - Recore
October - Gears 4
November - Halo Wars 2
I think that's pretty optimistic for Recore to go from a CG teaser/flavor trailer last E3 to complete silence for a year and then release a few months after this E3...

I think that's pretty optimistic for Recore to go from a CG teaser/flavor trailer last E3 to complete silence for a year and then release a few months after this E3...
Especially when it is supposed to be a fairly big title. This isn't a small scale title. Well, that is what we have been told anyway.

I am curious to see how sea of Thieves will be handled as well.

blakep267

Do we have a sense of how QB did in April?

Sunset overdrive got a cgi trailer in 2013, then a full gameplay reveal in 2014 and was ready that fall. So while we haven't seen anything of Recore and sot, I wouldn't say it's unlikely for them to release this year

kenta

Has no PEINS
Especially when it is supposed to be a fairly big title. This isn't a small scale title. Well, that is what we have been told anyway.

I am curious to see how sea of Thieves will be handled as well.
I was going to say something along the lines of "Same with Sea of Thieves" but I haven't been following that very close at all so I didn't feel confident saying it... But yeah, similar vibe

To be fair though, we've seen what appeared to be in-engine footage of Sea of Thieves, so it's a step ahead of Recore in that regard, but even still it's been a year of silence there too. I wouldn't bank on a release that soon...

maxcriden

Was it done with Forza?

Per wiki,

Forza Motorsport 6 was first revealed to the public as part of the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan on January 12, 2015.

15 September 2015 is the release date. So not too far off.

Oh, for the Forza launch title, evidently it was revealed at E3 and released in November.

Sunset overdrive got a cgi trailer in 2013, then a full gameplay reveal in 2014 and was ready that fall. So while we haven't seen anything of Recore and sot, I wouldn't say it's unlikely for them to release this year

Ah, gotcha. Ok, so there is a precedent then. Thank you.

I was going to say something along the lines of "Same with Sea of Thieves" but I haven't been following that very close at all so I didn't feel confident saying it... But yeah, similar vibe

To be fair though, we've seen what appeared to be in-engine footage of Sea of Thieves, so it's a step ahead of Recore in that regard, but even still it's been a year of silence there too. I wouldn't bank on a release that soon...

Yeah, with Sea of Thieves I do think it has a higher likelihood given actual gameplay footage has actually been shown. I don't say this to be a dick, but for games just in general, I tend to be cautiously optimistic at best that a game is really going to be produced when all we see is non-gameplay footage. Look what happened with Phantom Dust.

Per wiki,

15 September 2015 is the release date. So not too far off.

Oh, for the Forza launch title, evidently it was revealed at E3 and released in November.

Ah, gotcha. Ok, so there is a precedent then. Thank you.

Yeah, with Sea of Thieves I do think it has a higher likelihood given actual gameplay footage has actually been shown. I don't say this to be a dick, but for games just in general, I tend to be cautiously optimistic at best that a game is really going to be produced when all we see is non-gameplay footage. Look what happened with Phantom Dust.

Well to be fair, Phil said it wasn't cancelled right? Phantom Dust that is?

Welfare

Recore was originally a spring 2016 title and got delayed. I think it would be easy for MS to give a lengthy presentation on the game (for filler) and then release it a couple months later.

Top Bottom