• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2015 [Up2: Nintendo Numbers]

allan-bh

I just realized that Amazon has great deals on Xbox One right now:

*500 GB Gears Bundle + Forza Horizon 2 (digital) + choice of a free game = $349

*1TB Madden 16 Bundle + Forza Horizon 2 (digital) + choice of a free game = $399

*1TB FIFA 16 Bundle + Forza Horizon 2 (digital) + choice of a free game = $399

*500GB Kinect Bundle w/ 3 games + choice of a free game = $399

It comes with 3 games and an extra free game if you buy both at the same time. Seriously good deal.

I just realized that Amazon has amazing deals on Xbox One right now:

*500 GB Gears Bundle + Destiny TKK + Forza Horizon 2 (digital) + choice of a free game = $349

*500GB Gears Bundle + GTA V + Forza Horizon 2 (digital) + choice of a free game = $349

*1TB Madden 16 Bundle + MGS V + Forza Horizon 2 (digital) + choice of a free game = $399

*1TB Madden 16 Bundle + NBA 2K16 + Forza Horizon 2 (digital) + choice of a free game = $399

*1TB FIFA 16 Bundle + NBA 2K16 + Forza Horizon 2 (digital) + choice of a free game = $399

This is why I doubt MS will have another price cut, they can just add perceived value to their bundles, let the retailer lower their prices. No lost money/profit.

Edit: Wonder if Amazon is offering these games because they haven't sold many XB1 SKU's this month other than Halo Bundle...

Shenmue

Banned
This is why I doubt MS will have another price cut, they can just add perceived value to their bundles, let the retailer lower their prices. No lost money/profit.

There are times when retailers lower the price themselves and eat into their own profits (doorbuster deals to get people in stores in the hopes they'll buy high profit items on BF), but for the most part, when retailers lower their prices, they are initiated by the manufacturer or in conjunction with them. When that happens MS still takes the hit (MS would issue a credit or discount on future orders for each console sold), but they just don't have to officially announce a price drop that they can't go back on.

allan-bh

Edit: Wonder if Amazon is offering these games because they haven't sold many XB1 SKU's this month other than Halo Bundle...

Sorry, I edited. These are bundles with a sugestion of the free game.

Still Amazon has nice deals.

There are times when retailers lower the price themselves and eat into their own profits (doorbuster deals to get people in stores in the hopes they'll buy high profit items on BF), but for the most part, when retailers lower their prices, they are initiated by the manufacturer or in conjunction with them. When that happens MS still takes the hit, but they just don't have to officially announce a price drop that they can't go back on.

I know, that's why I say MS should let retailer do the price deals while MS just keep tossing free games.

Sorry, I edited. These are bundle with a sugestion of the free game.

Still Amazon has nice deals.

No problem.

N.Domixis

Banned
It's interesting that Black Ops III XBO is constantly ahead of PS4 version on Amazon. In Best Buy Abdiel said that in his store the PS4 version has more pre-orders.

I'm curious what version will sell more on NPD.
Not intersting at all really, the cod bundle is right behind the star wars bundle which is right behind the halo 5 bundle.

Shenmue

Banned
I know, that's why I say MS should let retailer do the price deals while MS just keep tossing free games.

Ah I see. I thought you meant that MS would just let the retailers take the hit. My point was just that either way it's MS lowering the price, one way is temporary and the other is permanent.

super6646

Banned

It won't work. Especially considering microsoft mostly focused on 1TB bundle's which are 399 (most are flopping compared to the 500GB ones btw). They really backed themselves into a corner, a 299 price cut is probably coming soon, especially with the kinect bundle just 399.

allan-bh

It won't work. Especially considering microsoft mostly focused on 1TB bundle's which are 399 (most are flopping compared to the 500GB ones btw). They really backed themselves into a corner, a 299 price cut is probably coming soon, especially with the kinect bundle just 399.

Without a official price drop I think Xbox One has no chance of outsell PS4 in holidays, but at least for Black Friday the price will drop to $299.

Maybe PS4 will not go that low on BF because of the recent price drop.

onQ123

Waiting patiently for my 30 million shipped crazy prediction to come true :)

If they hit 30 million before Black Friday & Christmas numbers come in Xbox One might as well wrap up production & get ready for next gen.

Gapwidening339.jpg

allan-bh

Not intersting at all really, the cod bundle is right behind the star wars bundle which is right behind the halo 5 bundle.

Xbox One CoD bundle sold 200k in november of last year at $499. PS4 CoD bundle is $429, so it can sell more but I don't think much more because will be the most expensive PS4 SKU.

It's likely that Black Ops III will sell more on PS4, but if standalone sales on Xbox One become greater, could be relative close at the end.

foxbeldin

Amazon Monthly for now :

#23 Xbox One Halo 5 LE
#25 PS4 UCC

#28 PS4 SWBF LE (doesn't count for october)
#38 PS4 TLOU
#46 PS4 Destiny TKK

#51 PS4 COD BO3 (doesn't count for october)
#99 Xbox One Gears

Top Bottom