• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nutrition Thread |OT| You Can't Outwork A Shit Diet

ILoveBish

First off, this is a general guide. Do not come into the thread, say you eat 2 whole pizzas a day and still have a six pack, that helps no one, many of whom have been struggling with issues with weight for a long time now. This is to help people just get a better understanding of food, the details behind the numbers and to help each other out.

Working out or not, nutrition is the majority of a lifestyle change. You cannot eat badly and work out, then expect results in fat loss. Knowing how much to eat, and what to eat is essential. When someone says they are eating clean, it means that they are eating whole foods. Usually if something comes out of a box or a wrapper, it is not a whole food. Whole foods include things like eggs, cheese, meat, green leafy veggies, nuts etc. Knowing what you're eating is extremely important.

There are many calculators out there to find out your maintenance levels of calories. One very popular one is http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/, which has tons of options. Here you input your information like weight, height, age, gender & more, and it gives you detailed information using several different calculations to your liking. There are lots of different calculators online, you can try others if you find something more you like. Getting your maintenance level calories is essential to knowing how much to eat to achieve the goal you are working toward.

If your goal is to lose fat, then you need to eat at a deficit. If your goal is to gain muscle, then you need to eat over your maintenance level. To lose fat and gain muscle at the same time is known as a Re-composition and is difficult to do, and is generally preferred to be done by someone who is very advanced into their lifestyle.

When people want to lose fat, it is referred to as Cutting. Cutting fat, while retaining as much muscle as possible. That is the goal. Most traditional diet's will have you losing fat and muscle at the same time, some diet's are more muscle sparing then others. Cutting is taking your maintenance calories, running a deficit, and sticking to that everyday. Most people like to use a deficit of 500 calories per day, you can try for more but it makes things a lot more difficult. Adding exercise to this can help you lose fat quicker as well, but is not required.

When you want to gain muscle, it is referred to as Bulking. Bulking is the process of eating your maintenance calories + more calories that will hopefully be converted to muscle at the gym. No one actually wants to gain fat, just the muscle, and that is a delicate fine line of how much over your maintenance you need to eat to achieve this. It is best to start with 200-300 calories over your maintenance and go for a few weeks, then measure and see how you've progressed. If you are gaining fat along with the muscle. you should lower the calories. If you aren't gaining fat, then up the calories another 100 or so and adjust from there. It is trial and error, and usually you will end up on the side of gaining fat, but that is what cutting is for later.

Our food has 3 main properties we're concerned with, Fat, Protein and Carbs. Protein and carbs both have 4 calories per gram, while fat has 9 calories per gram. So if something has 5 grams of fat, it has 45 calories, something with 5 grams of protein has 20 calories. Add them all together to get your total calories from a meal. When it comes to carbs, there is a bit more to it in the form of fiber. Fiber cannot be used by the body, it goes in and comes out as is. Due to this, fiber is not to be counted against your total carbs for the day. If an item has 20g carbs per serving, and 5g of that is fiber, then the net amount of carbs in that item is only 15g of carbs. Net carbs are the ones that matter, fiber does not. Please keep in mind that in europe, the carbs are already subtracted on the label, it is in the US where you have to do the calculations yourself.

Another major thing to watch out for is how to read a label on food. I'm going to post an example label and break it down for you.

oqxcGNd.jpg

The main things to keep in mind here, are the total fat, protein and carbs. You can see that the item here has 31g of carbs, 3g of that being fiber, so that is 28g of carbs per servings net. You will also notice on top the serving size, this is absolutely essential to look at. This varies wildly per product. What you would think would be a larger portion, is calculated at a much smaller portion usually. And most importantly, look at the servings per container. Some things that logically should be 1 serving, is broken down into 2 servings per container like this label is. This is done to make the calorie content lower to people when they check the label. In this case, the entire container of whatever it is has 2 servings, so you would double all the calories (and fat, protein, carbs) in the item and that is how much the entire container would be to eat. In this case, eating the entire container would be 560 calories, with 26g of fat, 10g of protein and 62g of carbs (of which, 56g is actual amount of edible carbs).

When it comes to calculating how much of what to eat, this is referred to as Macros. Macros is just a term for the percentage of fat, protein and carbs you are going to try to eat for the day. A popular diet a lot of people do and have success with is the 40/30/30 split, where you get 40% of your calories from carbs, 30% from protein, 30% from fat. And when i mean %, i am referring to calories, not grams. So you want 40% of your total calories of the day to be from carbs on this diet. So to calculate, lets say you have a 2000 calorie diet for the day. On the 40/30/30 plan, you'd need:

800 calories from carbs
600 calories from protein
600 calories from fat

That works out to 2000 calories, with a 40/30/30 split. Now, to measure how many grams of each you need, you keep in mind how many calories per gram each one is. So for carbs in this instance, 800 calories of carbs, where each gram of carb is 4 calories, is 200g of carbs. So 200g of carbs is going to give you 800 calories. That is how you calculate how many grams of each type you need in your day to hit your macros.

End result, if you had to eat 2000 calories with a 40/30/30 split, it would work out to:

800 calories from carbs (200g)
600 calories from protein (150g)
600 calories from fat (66.5g)

Now, there are several diets out there for you to consider. But before you even consider one, i want you to not think of this as a diet. You will want a lifestyle change to happen, something sustainable. If you are just going to eat well for a while then go back to eating like crap, you will not be able to maintain it, if not worse off then when you started. Think of it as choosing a way of eating that you can live with the rest of your life, that can adjust to what you can handle, and build from there. The 40/30/30 diet is very popular and you really do not have to give up most foods in it. However, a lot of people have realized that cutting out carbs leads to a much healthier and easier way of eating, of which there is the Ketogenic diet (keto for short), atkins, and south beach. Keto diets are extremely low carbs, based around a high fat diet, which usually leaves you feeling full for most of the day and much less hungry. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to diet choices, its going with something you can deal with and stick to, that is most important.

Many people will talk about IF, or Intermittent Fasting. IF is a method where you fast for 12-20 hours of the day (or even more if you wanted to, 23/1 IF is done by some), and that helps people keep eating in check. The most popular method of IF is the 16/8, where you basically skip breakfast, then have lunch as your first meal of the day. You can look up online and find more info about IF, it works out great for some, not for others. This is not a one size fits all. Also, eating multiple times a day to keep metabolism up is proven wrong and does not help you lose weight. More then likely, that will just make you more hungry throughout the day.

When it comes to alcohol, it is known that when consumed, it is the preferred fuel for the body. Meaning that it will store everything in the body unprocessed as fat, just to consume the alcohol quicker. For those cutting, i would suggest keeping it at a very low quantity. You can have it, it will just slow you down. Again, this is YMMV, some people have a better ability to process food then others.

Measuring your food is actually pretty simple. The tools you will need are measuring spoons for the different teaspoon and tablespoon sizes, measuring cups for the different cup sizes, and the most important, a food scale. These, along with your knowledge of how to read a label now, will get you on track on what you are actually eating everyday.

Logging software is extremely recommended, sites like MyFitnessPal can help you setup a log of what you're eating, document it and help set goals. You can find most foods already pre-defined on the site, and using the mobile app, you can scan a barcode of the food you're eating for even easier entry.

Obviously there are a TON of websites with healthy and delicious meals to go with, but i'll just post some of my favorites. More will be added from other members favorite sites as well.

http://dhftns.com/ The Protein Chef
http://comfybelly.com/ Comfy Belly
http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/ All Day I Dream About Food
http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/ I Breathe Im Hungry
http://www.ruled.me/ Ruled Me

Common questions:

Q - What about protein shakes?

A - Protein shakes are to supplement, in order to hit your macros. Its just protein in liquid form. It does nothing special. If you are having trouble hitting your protein macros for the day, a shake can help hit them. That said, the more of your food that comes from actual food, will likely keep you fuller as your brain associates eating physical food and chewing with actual eating, vs drinking a liquid.

Q - What about supplements like vitamins?

A - This is a YMMV area. Most of the products out there are snake oil and can be avoided. A high quality multi vitamin is good. Don't go overboard.

I will add more info and adjust info as the thread goes along. Keep in mind, this is just a guide to help get people an understanding on food and to make it more simple to understand. Also, for more info on muscle building and fitness in general, visit us at the Fitness OT here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831799

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Best nutrition book.
The-Diet-Fix-427x640.jpg

There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to diet choices, its going with something you can deal with and stick to, that is most important.
Too many people stress the one size fits all.

Good OP.

Futureman

I don't eat breakfast but I also don't lack energy in the morning. I feel fine. I have one coffee at 8:30 then usually eat lunch at noon. My friend says I should still eat... what you say?

A Fish Aficionado

I don't eat breakfast but I also don't lack energy in the morning. I feel fine. I have one coffee at 8:30 then usually eat lunch at noon. My friend says I should still eat... what you say?
You're good. Excess calories at breakfast is one thing people should watch out for.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Slap the shit out of your friend and tell him "everyone's different"

grumble

I like the thread, but some selective bolding and section headers would make it easier to read as a guide.

A Fish Aficionado

Calories do exist. It's easy to spot a fraud when you read otherwise.

The nutrition and dietetic field are not all over the place. Outliers like Taubes are why it seems like professionals don't know what we should eat.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Great thread! I'm at almost 700 days of logging now, with an aim of weight loss. I've been hovering in my last 20-30 pounds to lose after a 175 pound loss. I'd really love to lose that last 30 and finally not be overweight. I know all I need to do is clean up my diet a bit and keep being active.

Still, as much as I love poring over food logs and learning about nutrition, I never realized the predictability in the amount of calories in each gram of each Nutrient. That's one of the things I love about nutrition. There's always more to learn.

I started trying to lose as a lacto-ovo vegetarian and then went on to eating animal product again to change my nutrient balance. I ate meat for about a year but have since gone back to being a lacto-ovo. As such I've never been scared of carbs. I lost the majority of my weight on a diet that was around 65% carbs. As I learned more I started incorporating more nuts, legumes, eggs, beans, and lentils into my diet which gave me a much better shot at healthy fats and proteins. Generally I'm pretty close to 50% carb, 30% fat, and 20% protein (At least that's what I shoot for!).

I want to ask you guys about cereals. Now, I'm an Oatmeal man. I eat it with Peanut Butter, with strawberries or blueberries. Hell, when I can I even eat it with pumpkin. I love the stuff and retain a large supply for my use. I'm a big breakfast-food guy and also eat a lot of Cheerios and Corn Flakes with unsweetened almond milk. Now, apart from the Sodium of which my levels are fine, what's your opinion on them? They are low-calorie, very satisfying to me, and are fortified with a lot of vitamins.

My question is, since I admit my relative ignorance despite nutrition being a passion of mine, am I being misled by these foods? I always have the sneaking suspicion that they may not be as good for me as I suppose, though I don't know why.

Please, either affirm my love of Corn Flakes and Cheerios, or show me the folly of my ways!

how can I [easily] introduce healthy foods into my diet?

Like, let's say I make a sandwich at work, are there healthy alternatives to the normal items I'd put in it? (meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, etc.)

Horseticuffs

how can I [easily] introduce healthy foods into my diet?

Like, let's say I make a sandwich at work, are there healthy alternatives to the normal items I'd put in it? (meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, etc.)

Well. those are all healthy things already (Depending on the meat's processing)! Have you considered replacing your bread with a lettuce wrap? Far less calories and if you use like romaine or something it's got good nutritive value while accomplishing the same effect.

I just want to lose stomach fat, straight up. The rest of my body (mostly) is fine. I have pretty skinny arms and legs (my legs are in great shape and I can run like a stallion) but I have a gut and some mild man boobies. I want that shit gone. I've been walking/running about an hour per day in the afternoon but I don't know if that will do the trick or if I'll actually need to diet as well. I'm not that big of an eater anymore though and I usually skip breakfast or at least just have something like oatmeal.

My main downfall is that I love beer. I once went without it for a month and lost over 20 pounds, but it was torturous.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Calories do exist. It's easy to spot a fraud when you read otherwise.

Of course they exist. In nutrition, they represent the amount of heat we get by burning food in a calorimeter. That doesn't tell us what our body does with any piece of food, though. Energy goes with the reaction, not the substance. The calories are not *in the food*, they are in the combustion of the food.

With that said, using them as a very rough measure of approximating general amounts of food works pretty OK for a lot of people, as long as they know how their body reacts to those foods.

jts

...hate me...
I've been obsessed about dieting for the last 6 days, trying to lose some weight.

I'm doing essentially low carb because that have worked for me in the past. Not afraid of some extended fasting periods every once in a while, either.

After working out, I made this burger today:

A double chicken burger with portobello mushroom tops as buns.

A bit gluttonous (there's a small drizzle of catsup too), but I didn't eat anything else for the day besides a protein shake with some strawberries.

The coke in the background is zero, but it was still the first time I resorted to any kind of soda in the last week. Been sticking to water.

Well. those are all healthy things already (Depending on the meat's processing)! Have you considered replacing your bread with a lettuce wrap? Far less calories and if you use like romaine or something it's got good nutritive value while accomplishing the same effect.
Or he can just eat the sandwich the way its meant to be eaten (you know...with bread) and fit it into his macros for the day

A Fish Aficionado

The best thing for health is to learn how to cook. Making things from scratch is always going to beat prepackaged and fast food.

Oh yeah, I don't buy into the idea that artificial sweeteners contribute to weight gain. It's an unproven hypothesis.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The best thing for health is to learn how to cook. Making things from scratch is always going to beat prepackaged and fast food.

Now that's something we should all be able to agree upon!

Learn how to cook to eat delicious meals that are good for you and cheaper than what you can buy at a restaurant or pre-packaged.

All it takes is your time, but most will find that it's definitely worth it.

After I started cooking healthy meals for myself, the thought of fast food or even soda would literally make me feel sick and every time I would get fast food it would make me want to shower immediately after eating it. I'm being a bit dramatic about that, but it's a serious turn-off to me these days.

I just want to lose stomach fat, straight up. The rest of my body (mostly) is fine. I have pretty skinny arms and legs (my legs are in great shape and I can run like a stallion) but I have a gut and some mild man boobies. I want that shit gone. I've been walking/running about an hour per day in the afternoon but I don't know if that will do the trick or if I'll actually need to diet as well. I'm not that big of an eater anymore though and I usually skip breakfast or at least just have something like oatmeal.

My main downfall is that I love beer. I once went without it for a month and lost over 20 pounds, but it was torturous.
You can't spot reduce fat - meaning the only way to lose the stomach fat is to keep cutting. Stomach/love handle fat is usually the last to disappear.

Horseticuffs

Or he can just eat the sandwich the way its meant to be eaten (you know...with bread) and fit it into his macros for the day

Absolutely he could. As I've said, I'm no enemy to carbs. He simply asked for alternatives and I offered one that I enjoy on occasion.

Of course, I've also been known to freeze peanut butter into cubes and eat that too so maybe I'm not the most typical gourmand.

Red

I want to ask you guys about cereals. Now, I'm an Oatmeal man. I eat it with Peanut Butter, with strawberries or blueberries. Hell, when I can I even eat it with pumpkin. I love the stuff and retain a large supply for my use. I'm a big breakfast-food guy and also eat a lot of Cheerios and Corn Flakes with unsweetened almond milk. Now, apart from the Sodium of which my levels are fine, what's your opinion on them? They are low-calorie, very satisfying to me, and are fortified with a lot of vitamins.

If you enjoy them and can fit them into your diet without hindering your weight loss, why give them up?

I stay away from anything fortified, because that tells me the food has gone through some process that removes what was good in the first place. I'd rather just eat the unprocessed stuff. I do muesli or steel cut oats + fruit if I'm craving cereal. But I enjoy those foods and would eat them regardless of health or fitness goals.

Just because something is ostensibly bad for you does not mean you need to avoid it 100% of the time. Don't deny yourself things that bring you joy, just be aware of how they may best fit into your diet and routine.

As always, good luck to you guys on your way toward healthier living.

On the whole I've been eating pretty terribly the past few weeks. Today I had two 16oz flurries (pineapple upside down cake and cookie dough), along with a bunch of sugar cookies. Last week I bought one of those $10 dinner boxes from McDonalds and devoured it at work. Ate two large Papa Johns pizzas myself only a few days before that. I feel guilty about it, but I've been famished... I've put on about ten pounds the past two months, which was actually the goal, but I've been feeling wrong the whole time.

You can't spot reduce fat - meaning the only way to lose the stomach fat is to keep cutting. Stomach/love handle fat is usually the last to disappear.

Yeah, so they say (and I believe it). I'm just wondering how many calories I should be eating a day versus how much and what kind of exercise I get. I love jogging/running. I'm not loaded with cash so I can't get a gym membership either (even if I did I'm too weak to really lift right now). My current weight is about 218-220 and I'm 5'10 or so.

Sadetar

Yay! Thanks Bish - absolutely outstanding work for starting this thread!

I will post couple of my favourite low carp recipes to here later on. :p

jts

...hate me...
Feeling the craves to eat some grilled salmon sometime in the next few days. Before I would make pasta as the side. As a whole meal, it felt healthy, but now I want a low-carb alternative to replace the pasta. What's a nice, cooked vegetable that goes well with fish?

RayMaker

Banned
I think loosing weight is a mixture of common sense, knowledge and instinct.
I am not saying following a strict programme won't work, but for the average person it's unrealistic and very tedious.
I find eating balanced meals and eating until your body has enough even if your mind is still hungry.
I think people rely to much on science and all these diets rather then listening to there body and using some common sense.

Bowser

Great OP Bish. The only thing I would say is I think when it comes to the cutting section, rather than noting/recommending a blanket 500 cal deficit, I would replace that with a percentage to acknowledge how everyone is different. For a cut, it's generally recommended to eat at anywhere around a 10-20% deficit. That way, someone who's maintenance caloric intake is 1800 isn't cutting down to 1300 (which is starting to get pretty damn low), but somewhere between 180-360 calories.

I think loosing weight is a mixture of common sense, knowledge and instinct.
I am not saying following a strict programme won't work, but for the average person it's unrealistic and very tedious.
I find eating balanced meals and eating until your body has enough even if your mind is still hungry.
I think people rely to much on science and all these diets rather then listening to there body and using some common sense.

This is generally true until you start to get pretty lean (12-15% BF for Men) and want to cut down further. When you get to that point, you've gotta be diligent with your diet.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
A gold mine of information Bish! Well done and severely needed. Everyone struggling with their diet needs inject this thread into their veins!

grumble

Yeah, so they say (and I believe it). I'm just wondering how many calories I should be eating a day versus how much and what kind of exercise I get. I love jogging/running. I'm not loaded with cash so I can't get a gym membership either (even if I did I'm too weak to really lift right now). My current weight is about 218-220 and I'm 5'10 or so.

If you find your heavy drinking is making you fat, then I'm not saying cut it out entirely but you may want to reduce it to a sustainable minimum. Also buy low calorie beer only.

I'd recommend some resistance training if you can. Maintaining muscle mass is important when losing weight, as otherwise you can end up being both scrawny and chubby at the same time and your metabolism will crater. Getting a trim fit body usually requires a bit of resistance. This can be body weight stuff if you don't want to join a gym. Do push-ups, chin-ups, squats, lunges, calf raises, bridges, planks, etc. Even just a twenty minute circuit slowly increasing reps or more difficult variations done regularly will work wonders.

Really depends on your overall daily physical activity level, what kind of job you have, how many days a week you do cardio, daily chores you do, etc.
Enter your stats here and see what you get:
http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

AWESOME thread - great job man.
I think my favorite part about this thread is that it's real nutrition for most people, not nutrition for weightlifters and bodybuilders.

RayMaker

Banned
Great OP Bish. The only thing I would say is I think when it comes to the cutting section, rather than noting/recommending a blanket 500 cal deficit, I would replace that with a percentage to acknowledge how everyone is different. For a cut, it's generally recommended to eat at anywhere around a 10-20% deficit. That way, someone who's maintenance caloric intake is 1800 isn't cutting down to 1300 (which is starting to get pretty damn low), but somewhere between 180-360 calories.

This is generally true until you start to get pretty lean (12-15% BF for Men) and want to cut down further. When you get to that point, you've gotta be diligent with your diet.
Which is why I said for the average person. Depending on drugs and genetics getting below 10% will most of the time require a lot of planning and dedication.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I've been obsessed about dieting for the last 6 days, trying to lose some weight.

I'm doing essentially low carb because that have worked for me in the past. Not afraid of some extended fasting periods every once in a while, either.

After working out, I made this burger today:

A double chicken burger with portobello mushroom tops as buns.

A bit gluttonous (there's a small drizzle of catsup too), but I didn't eat anything else for the day besides a protein shake with some strawberries.

The coke in the background is zero, but it was still the first time I resorted to any kind of soda in the last week. Been sticking to water.
How are you preparing your Portobello Mushrooms? I have trouble keeping them from falling apart.

I have done the Terry Givens Reset Challenges and had good success. A lot of it just stuck with me even after. Feeling pretty good after losing 20lbs.

hydruxo

Hopefully one of you guys can help me out, I've got kind of a different situation than what is listed in the OP: so I was a skinny kid for most of my childhood but come college, I put on a good amount of weight. Nothing crazy, but I had a bit of a beer belly. I lost 30 pounds this past September by dieting and working out and I've gotten back to being skinny again. I'm happier with how I look now compared to how I was, although now I feel that I'm a bit too thin.

I'm not particularly concerned with packing on muscle at the moment, I don't really have the time right now to work out like I used to. I'd just like to put on around 10 pounds or so, to look fill out my frame and not look as thin. My weight has been fluctuating between the same 1 or 2 pounds for the last eight months, and I've been trying to put on some weight with no real success. The major thing I've changed in my diet is that I used to drink soda nearly everyday, but for the last year I haven't touched it and I basically only drink water.

Any tips you guys can give me on getting my weight up a few pounds?

Badgerst3

This is probably not one bit right or healthy, but twice when I wanted to return to low carb, low sugar, high protein and veggy eating, first I did the dr oz cleanse.

Too a tee. Did not cheat or change ingredients at all.

It was expensive and sucked, but damn if I didn't lose 10 pounds in 3 days and felt like I was back on track to eat better. Missing black coffee for those 3 days was the worst of all.

Maybe it was in my head but it felt like my body was primed for healthier eating afterward.

Other side of the table, I know the annual rails have come off when I find myself eating cereal at about 10pm.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
On the topic of vitamins and micronutrients, I'd recommend looking up the work of Dr. Bruce Ames.

He's got some very interesting evidence-based theories about vitamins and micronutrient deficiencies contributing to long-term health issues and accelerated aging.

Here's a kind of long video from him on the topic, but there's some very good stuff in here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVQmPVBjubw

Samara

Sweet potatoes for everything, specially chips.....omg

Cauliflowers mash=potato mash
Pam=butter
Corn flakes=shake'n'bake/fried chicken

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet potatoes for everything, specially chips.....omg

Sweet potatoes are the best, indeed.

When I want to carb up, my go-to source is a white rice and sweet potato mash.

Just peel the sweet potatoes and cut them up into small wedges. Prepare the rice as you normally would in a rice cooker. Put in the water and then put the potato chunks on top. Let it sit for like 30 minutes or so before starting the cooking process, then pop it in and press "start."

Once it's done, open up the cooker and sprinkle in a bit of salt and then mash it all together so the sweet potato is mixed in with the rice really well.

This stuff is amazing and really goes well with anything savory.

Red

Right now I estimate I'm around 16% bf. the lowest I've been is maybe 13, 14%. I dread counting macros but I don't know if I'll be able to break 13% without doing so. My strategy is stick to whole foods, drink a lot of water, eat a lot of veggies. Probably 85% of my diet is chicken, fish, vegetables. I haven't ever done calorie counting but by the end of this year or early next I want to reach a new level of fitness. Maybe some good old fashioned spreadsheets are in order.

Fireblend

Banned
Awesome OP. I've lost 55lbs this year alone thanks to seeing a dietitian and getting my shit together in regards to eating.

L00P

I haven't really given my diet much thought until I read this thread.

Is the 40/30/30 good for bulking up or should I tweak it to get more protein and fat? Does it even matter? I'm terribly underweight.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Thanks. Looks yummy.

Lightly brushed with olive oil, salt and pepper, then top side down into the pre-heated oven at 450F for 12 minutes. Found this online and it worked a charm.

Thanks. I'll have to try it again sometime.

Top Bottom