• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia: Changing Sketches into Photorealistic Masterpieces

Bullet Club

A deep learning model developed by NVIDIA Research turns rough doodles into highly realistic scenes using generative adversarial networks (GANs). The tool is like a smart paintbrush, converting segmentation maps into lifelike images. Read more at https://nvda.ws/2O6MHN2

This exciting new technology kind of reminds me of this website.

LvB4N7h.png

6hFxFgG.png

KLoHohY.png

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Why are people wasting time trying to get computers to create art. Go cure cancer muthafuckas

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Cool. I'd still much rather go outside and take photos myself. None of this tech does much to provide personal meaning or tie into the human condition experientially.

CyberPanda

Banned
Cool. I'd still much rather go outside and take photos myself. None of this tech does much to provide personal meaning or tie into the human condition experientially.
Yep. Nothing beats the actual experience of taking the photos yourself with a nice DSLR camera.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
this is pretty hilarious stuff tbh. if you thought art died with abstract expressionism well at least they were putting pigment on a canvas. this is like, draw a line and a computer adds in a photo of the sky. you might as well skip the whole pointless exercise and google "nice sunset" while we're at it.

lol. just pitiful. are people really just that lazy at being creative?

Last edited:
I think this is pretty cool. You can create a realistic-looking picture of a completely unique, nonexistent, non-copyrightable place. Maybe this could lend itself to world generation in games? I don't think this is meant to replace photography. It can supplement other art forms.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yeah it can def be a new form of digital art.

still feel like this is mostly a tech demo. those skies are just photos they are choosing from an asset library.

Last edited:

jadedm17

Why are people wasting time trying to get computers to create art. Go cure cancer muthafuckas
True but to be fair what can your computer do and what are you doing right now?
I could be learning a new language but I'm watching boogie2988 sing Weird Al right now so we do the same.

Top Bottom